Time II

We Know Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        The sounds of tapping on a wood surface surrounds the room. Slim fingers with perfectly manicured nails restlessly drums on an elegant vanity table. The owner of these fingers unconsciously does it as her mind is clouded with many other things instead. She leaned back on her chair and balances it as she rocks it slowly. She almost fell and stumbled as a sudden knock breaks her out of her trance. 

 

"Coming!" she yelled as the impatient visitor continues to knock. 

 

The person on the other side of the door chose to annoy her and knocks frenetically with occasional beat. The room owner immediately recognized who this idiot that dared to agitate her.

 

"Can you not?!" Jennie hissed upon opening the door and it infuriates her more when she saw her with that cheeky smile—surely enjoying what she's doing.

 

"Can I not what?" Lisa teased and giggles as she saw Jennie about to combust.

 

Jennie is about to close the door when Lisa slammed her hand on it to prevent her from doing so. She tried fitting herself in the small open space in order to enter the room. 

 

"Who says you're welcome here? You're going by yourself", Jennie said as they engaged in small fight. She gives all her strength pushing the door close knowing the younger is way stronger.

 

"Oh my God! Ah! Are you trying to cut me in half?!" Lisa fought back and struggled to keep the door open while progressing her body to get in. "And I'm inviting. myself. in." she punctuates each word.

 

"No!"

 

"Yes!"

 

"No!"

 

"Oh yes yes yessss."

 

Jennie knows she has no way to win and gave up. Lisa successfully entered her room and then close it herself, still wearing that cheeky smile though seem wider this time.

 

"Hi", Lisa greeted.

 

"Go away", Jennie crossed her arms and furrowed her brows.

 

"Aww aigoo look at you. Don't be like that." Lisa envelops her in a hug and bent down her head to keep their faces close. "You are so cute ehhhh. Your cheeks ahhh. So cuuuuute!"

 

Jennie swatted the hand pinching her cheek. "Stop that. What do you want?"

 

 

 

 

 

"You."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie exhaled and tried to break from the embrace but Lisa tightened her hug and buried the other's head to her neck. 

 

Lisa chuckled, "I'm just messing with you. Hehe. Don't be mad now, please?"

 

"I don't have time for this, Lisa. I should have really decapitated you back there with my door."

 

Lisa giggled, "you can't do that."

 

"Wanna try?"

 

Lisa could only shake her head and smile to her obviously starting to get irritated girlfriend. She led them on the bed and make the older sit at the edge while she squat down at the floor in front of her. Jennie obeyed quietly and has an unreadable face all the while.

 

Lisa looked up at her and ran her fingers through Jennie's soft brown locks.

 

"Quit staring", Jennie mumbled.

 

"Mmmm", Lisa hummed and continued to brush the older's hair before cupping her jaw and softly caress the soft cheek using her thumb. While her other hand busied caressing the other's hand.

 

"Lisa. I said..."

 

"Why? It's not like I don't do this a lot."

 

"I just don't feel like it today."

 

Lisa won't listen and continues to stare. She studied Jennie's face and traces the delicate details with her eyes. 'How could it be possible for someone to be this cute and beautiful at the same time? How did it happen that this precious woman is mine?' Silence thick with tension surrounds them. Eventually, Jennie caved in and exhaled heavily.

 

"Fine. I'm having problems." Jennie mumbled.

 

A sly grin formed on Lisa's lips, "I'm not saying anything." She knows Jennie is having a dilemma but she doesn't feel like asking because it might add to the older's growing irritation. She wants to know what's bothering her girlfriend and so she did the most effective way—that is to stay silent because she knows Jennie can't take the silence and will soon talk.

 

 

 

Jennie loves Lisa's brown eyes. She gets amazed by it especially when the sun hit its light on those orbs and have its beautiful glow. But too much beauty can have its disadvantage at some instances. She hates it sometimes, when those eyes can see into your soul. She hates that she can't hide from her—one look into your eyes and she knows what you're truly keeping inside. 

 

 

"You have your ways."

 

 

Lisa chuckled and tip-toed to kiss the other's forehead. "Do you want to talk about it or let's have something for you to eat first?"

 

"What about both?"

 

"Alright. Wait here I'm going to grab snacks. I'll be fast." Lisa muttered and kissed the side of her head before heading out.

 

Jennie lied down on the bed as she bored holes on the ceiling. Not long after, Lisa came back in carrying bags of take out.

 

"That didn't took you long." Jennie eyed the bags and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

 

"I ordered this beforehand. That's actually the reason why I knocked here on the first place. Thought we could eat in the kitchen but I figured your room is better as of now."

 

 

 

 

 

The couple laid at Jennie's bed, backs leaning on the wall while their legs stretched out on the mattress, paper bags scattered and they made themselves comfortable while munching on their foods. 

 

"Are you lifting the world like Jesus Christ did, again?"

 

"Lisa he carried a cross."

 

"Same difference. He carried the religion on that cross where he was nailed and died to save mankind in which destroys the barrier between God and man. It's just about symbolism."

 

"You sure know a lot about the bible for a buddhist."

 

"I live and work with people of different religions. I picked up some of your beliefs. So, going back. You dodge my question."

 

"What question?"

 

"Jen, I know you're thinking a lot these past days. I noticed how you got stiff during our Abema TV filming when the fortune teller arrived."

 

"I'm just normal that time."

 

"You got so quiet. Barely moving and responding. Lips tight. How you are so energetic on the activities before and suddenly your mood dropped. You are afraid of what she'll say and can't volunteer to go first on knowing your fortune." It's true. How suddenly Jennie felt nervous about the segment. It's not like she fully believes in fortune-telling or whatever but she would be lying if she says it doesn't make her atleast afraid of what could ever they see on her future. She's been through a lot already and thinking about her future is one of some inducing stress exercise she often does. What more it will be broadcasted in public.

 

When she got accepted as a YG trainee, she's so bright and hopeful. Until her debut got delayed and delayed. On the first or few years, it was tolerable, but when another comes and still no clear future, she gets more anxious. She even started having second thoughts if she'll ever going to debut. She witnessed her friends leave one by one. She saw how the other trainees gave up and left. She watched how their group get cuts down in numbers as time goes by. 

 

 

 

"You can't even react well when she told Jisoo have a good fortune. You are one of the most suppo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter