Chapter 4

Magnet for bad luck

'Okay, this might hurt a little bit.' I said.
'I can take i-... Ah! Be kind!' Bobby grabbed my hand. I chuckled.
'You can take it? What did you said?'
'Shut up.' Bobby glared at me.
'Let go of my hand now.' I chuckled.
'Are you done?' He asked. I nooded.
'You never knew how to be kind, didn't you?'
'And I thought u were braver than that.' As soon as I said that he pulled me by my arm and ruffled my hair. 'Stop it!'
'Got it! Got it!' He said as he let go.
I slapped his arm and he pretended as if it hurt.
'Ah, really...' I said as I fixed my hair. He smiled.
'Harin.. What did you talk with Hanbin today?' He asked.
'Nothing important. Are you hungry?' I wanted to avoid the conversation.
'Harin.. Don't be like this. Tell me.' His face got serious.
'I was just looking for you and then he told me u werent at school.' I said.
'Liar. Did he had to put his hands above your head against the locker to tell you that?' Bobby narrowed his eyebrows at me. 'Was he threatening you?' I shook my head. He nooded. He was about to ask another question but too slow.
'Why did those boys attack you?' I asked.
'They always knew me as Hanbin's friend and they were looking for him. That's pretty much it.' He said.
'Why were you even his friend in a first place?' I was really wondering.
'We had a good friendship at some point but then some things got out of control.' He sighed. 'What things?'
'He asked from me to beat people up, get drugs for him, etc..'
'Drugs?' I was shocked. I knew Hanbin was mean and stuff, but drugs?
'Well, he always said it wasn't for him but you can never be sure with him.' Bobby said. I nooded.
'I should go now, Harin.' Bobby said as he stood up.
'But don't you want to eat anything?' I asked him. 'No, I'm not hungry now. Thank you.'  I nooded.
'And thank you for helping me with my bruises and all that ..' He smiled. I nooded and smiled back.
He hugged me and then left.

I don't know why I kept thinking if Hanbin does drugs or not. None of my business but it really occupied my mind.

It was late at night and I was about to sleep when someone ringed my door bell.

I went to open it and I saw Hanbin in front of me. Panting with bloody lips and nose.
He came in and closed the doors.
'What are you doing?!' I was almost yelling.
'Ssssh. Don't yell.' He put one finger on his lips as a sign for me to stay quiet.
'I had some trouble and this was the closest I could get. It was 8 of them against 1. There was no possible way for me to win that.' He said as he leaned on the door.
'Well, I bet they left. Go away.' I said.
'They are still looking for me. ' he said.
'Why do you always get in trouble?'
He smiled as he walked to the living room and sat down.
'I've been wondering the same and I guess it's because I love it.' he smirked.
'Yeah, well, you're bleeding.' I said.
'I want you to take care of it.'

Without a word, I went to get all stuff needed for it.
'Do it by yourself.' I gave him the alcohol to clean the blood.
He grabbed my hand. 'You do it.'
'I don't want to do it.' I pushed away hid hand and sat down.
'If you don't do it, I'll hug you in front ov everyone tomorrow. Maybe kiss you too?' He smirked.
'You wouldn't do that.' I laughed.
'Or would I?' He looked at me with a serious face that made me stop laughing immidiately.
'Okay. I will do it.' I said.
'Too bad. I was already excited for tomorrow.' He said.

'This might hurt.' I said.
But he didn't even blink, gritted his teeth, curse or anything else.
'I guess you can handle pain more than Bobby.' I said.
'Stop talking about him.' He looked up at me. 'Why?'
'Because he's not here right now and I am.' He grabbed my hand and I pushed me forward to sit on his lap.
'What on the earth are you doing?' I tried to get rid of his grip but he was too strong.
'Stop being so nervous and tense around me. Relax.' he said.
'Let go.' I said as I pointed at the grip on my hand.
'You're cute. How come I never noticed you at school, huh?' He smiled. I had an annoyed expression on my face and he let go of my hand.
I stood up and he stood up after me.
He looked down at me. Wow, he's tall.
After looking at for a few seconds, he walked towards the doors and left.
He didn't even say thank you. Rude.


The other day in school was fine until I saw Hanbin. I had the same class with him again.
When I came in the class, he was there sitting with his friend. They were sitting behind my seat. Great.
As soon as I came in, Hanbin set his eyes on me.
But he didn't spoke a word with me. I could feel his eyes on me the entire time. It was so uncomfortable.
When the class ended, everyone stormed out and I was the only one left.
'Harin.' Hanbin said.
He startled me. He was leaning against the window behind me so that's why I didnt see him.
'You scared me. I thought everyone left.' I turned around to look at him. He smiled.
He sat down next to me and he kept staring at me.
'Ah, I can't believe Bobby didn't try anything with you.' he smiled.
'I hope you won't either.' I said as I looked back down at the book.
'I wouldn't be so sure.' He said.
I stood up and packed my stuff to leave the classroom and look for Eun and Bobby.
'Well, good luck with that.' I said.
I left the classroom and left Hanbin there.
As I was walking through the hallway, one guy bumped into me and all the books I was holding in my hands fell.
'Oh my! I'm sorry. I didnt see you.' The guy said as we bent down to pick up my books.
'It's okay. It happens.' I said.
I realized it was the guy that was just sitting with Hanbin.
'My name is Song Yunhyeong.' he said as he smiled and gave me my books.
'I'm Harin Lee. Thank you.' I smiled.
'Nice to meet you. I'm in a hurry so I have to go. I'm sorry once again. See you around' he said as he ran.
He's cute. And he seems like a nice person. So why was he sitting with Hanbin?


After school, I went to the coffe shop with Eun.
We talked and talked. It was slowly getting dark so we decided to go home.
We went separate ways and I was walking down the street, I wasn't that far away from my home.
But I hated going through that one street. There were always some guys whispering and whistling at you.
I hated it.
As I was passing next to them, I tried to act natural and I was looking into my phone.
'Are you alone, doll face?' a guy came in front of me and stopped me from walking.
'No, she's not alone.' I heard a voice behind me and it was Hanbin's.
What was he doing here?