Chapter 2

Magnet for bad luck

Bobby dragged me to a hallway where no one was around.
'Now tell me.' he said as he let go of my hand.
'I-I was just going into the bathroom to take some tissues and when I came out, I heard someone arguing and stuff and out of nowhere Junhoe was behind me asking me what am I doing. And so Hanbin and Jinhwan came and that's all.' I said as I leaned against the wall.
'Ah, Harin. Listen to me.' his face got completly serious. 'Stay away from them.'
I nooded.
'If anything ever happens, tell me. Because I think they will not act as if they don't know you anymore, Harin.' he said.
'What do you mean? Nothing happend. Don't be so dramatic, Bobby.' I said as I chuckled.
'Wait for me after school, alright?'
I nooded.

I didn't saw Hanbin or Junhoe or Jinhwan or any of them till the rest of the day.
When the school finished, I came out and waited for Bobby. He came out for a few seconds so I didn't wait for too long.
When we started walking together, someone shouted Bobby's name.
We both turned around and it was his good friend Song Mino. I always thought he was pretty good looking and he always treated me so nicely.
We all greeted each other.

'What you up to today, Mino?' Bobby asked him as we all started walking along.
'I don't know. I will probably go out and play basketball a bit. Want to join me?' Mino asked him. 'Sounds good.' Bobby nooded.
'Do you want to join us, Harin?' Mino asked me.
'Um, I think I'll pass this time.' I smiled.
'Oh, come on! Come out a bit. You're always home.' Bobby put his hand around me as he whined like a little kid.
'Fine, fine! I need some fresh air anyways.' I gave in. Bobby hugged me wih excitment.
'So see you two at 8pm?' Mino asked as he was leaving.
'See you then!' Bobby said and I nooded with a smile on my face.

'I'll be here at 8pm, okay? Don't forget.' Bobby said as we reached my house.
'Got it.' I hugged him.

Later on, all I did was doing my homework and watch tv. I guess my life wasn't that interesting but I wasn't that social anyways.
It was soon 8pm, so I decided to get ready.
I put on some jeans and a hoodie.
As soon as I got dressed, I heard a door bell.
I locked the door and came out.
They were both in front of my house. Bobby and Mino.
I hugged Bobby and I greeted Mino. I didn't know him that well so we couldnt really hug each other.
'Shall we?' Bobby asked.
'But just so that you know, I won't play basketball!' I said.
'Party breaker.' I heard Bobby mumble as Mino laughed.

When we got there, Bobby started to tease me and he kept asking me if I'm not playing because of my height.
'Is it because you're too short?' Bobby laughed.
'Ya!' I gave him a smack on the head.
'Well, at least we know that you hit like a man.' Bobby said as he rubbed the back of his head.
'Stop giving her a hard time, man!' Mino laughed.

They started playing and after some time Bobby was leading.
'You could never beat me!' Bobby praised himself.
'Don't get too cocky man!' Mino said as he shot the ball straight through the basket.
'Not bad, not bad' Bobby put his thumbs up.

And yeah, Bobby won. He never loses, doesn't he?
They both sat down next to me, tired, panting.
'You man.' Bobby said to Mino.
'Shut up!' Mino shot back to Bobby.
I laughed.
'What are you laughing at?' Bobby almost suffocated me with his hug as he ruffled my hair.

'Bobby.' Mino said as he looked in the other direction.
'What is it?' Bobby said as he looked up.
I raised my head up and saw Hanbin and his gang at the entrance.
What a beautiful timing. I thought to myself.

'Oh, what do we have here?' Hanbin said as he smirked. 'A couple and a third wheel.'
'Just go away, B.I.' Bobby said as he stood up.
'Don't call me B.I. You lost all the rights to call me B.I. as soon as you left the group.' Hanbin glared at Bobby.
'I'll call you whatever I want.' Bobby smirked.
'Bobby, let's just go home.' Mino said.
'Oh, Mino! I was looking for your friend the other day.' Hanbin looked at him. 'What friend?'
'Seungyoon. Where is he? I really miss him.' he smiled.
'Why on the earth would I tell you that?' Mino stood up.
'Ya, look at them.' Hanbin turned around and laughed. 'Acting so cocky like they have no idea who they talking with.'
'Let's go home.' You nudged Bobby's hand.
Hanbin got closer and took a better look at me.
'Wow, your girlfriend is so pretty. Isn't she?' he said as he turned around to look at his gang and they all nooded their heads.
'Let me ask you something. Why are you with Bobby?'
'I am not and even if I were, it's not any of your bussines!' I glared at him.
'Oh! So you two aren't a couple? I guess everything is allowed then.' he smiled to me.
'Stay.away.from.her.' Bobby got closer to Hanbin and looked at his eyes.
'But look at her. Don't we have the whole package here? You know that's going to be hard, right?' Hanbin smiled.
Bobby grabbed Hanbin's collar. His gang was about to react but Hanbin raised his hand in order for them to stop.
'Bobby, don't do this. We will just turn around and go home.' I said.
Mino got Bobby away from Hanbin.
'Come on, man.' Mino said. Bobby started to walk away but still with his eyes on Hanbin.

As we were going home, nobody said anything until we reached my house.
'Harin. I'm sorry about that.' Bobby said.
'What are you sorry about? It's not your fault. It's okay.' I nudged his arm and smiled. He smiled back.
'Get going. It's late. I'll be here in the morning again.' He said.
I nooded and hugged him.
'Bye Mino.' I smiled. He waved back.


I unlocked the doors to my house and came in. I was so tired and annoyed.
Who do they think they are?? I can't believe Bobby used to hang out with them.


A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the door.
I opened the door and saw him standing in front of me. Kim Hanbin.