Chapter 14

Magnet for bad luck

When the school ended, I came out of the school and walked home by myself until I felt someone's presence next to me.
'You can't go home alone like that. Don't you ever learn?' Hanbin nagged me.
'I thought everyone else is having a class.' I said.
'Yes but what about me? I'm not. You should've known my schedule until now already just like I kno-' he stopped himself there.
'Just like you what?' I looked at him.
'Nothing.' He looked away.
'Just like you know mine? Is that what you wanted to say?' I asked him.
'Pfft, please.' He looked at me with a ridicilous expression on his face.
'Okay.' I laughed as I shrugged my shoulders.
'Why did you come to school today anyways? Your wound is no joke. Are you crazy?' It was my time to nag him now for even going out of the house.
'Well, if I noticed that you didn't come, I would've go home and sleep.' He said.
'So am I the only reason you come to school?' I smiled as I 'sarcasticly' tried to act cute.
'Stop it.' He tried not to laugh.
'That's awful.' He said, making me laugh.
'Does your wound still hurt? Is it better?' I asked him. He nooded.
'Are you fine after all what happend?' He asked.
'I am.' I smiled.
'Good to know.' He smiled back.


'So here we are.' He said as we stood in front of the gates of my house.
'Yeah.' I said.
'Harin!' I heard my brother shouting.
He was there in front of the door.
'You came! How could you go alone? Don't you ev-' Then he noticed Hanbin standing next to me.
'Oh, you. Hanbin, right?' Namjoon smiled. Hanbin nooded.
'I ordered pizza! You want to come in and eat with us?' Those words came out of his mouth. My stupid brother.
I glanced at Hanbin and he was already smirking and looking at me.
'Sure! Why not?' Hanbin said as he opened the gates of my house.
'Coming?' Hanbin smiled at me.
'Sure.' I sighed. He takes every oportunity he has, doesn't he?
'Come in, come in. It's gotten cold outside, didn't it?' My brother closed the door as we walked in.
'Can you believe this girl? She woke me up at the middle of the night to drive her to school and then she rushed out of the car after she told me she will walk home by herself. Do you even care about yourself?' My brother nagged me.
'To be honest, no, not really.' I said as I took of my jacket.
'Shut up.' Namjoon said as he ruined my hair.
'Ah, you!' I hit him.
'I guess you're always a subject for teasing.' Hanbin said as he got closer and passed next to me.


While we were eating, my brother and Hanbin were talking about just boys stuff and ignored me completly.
They didn't even notice me leaving and going into my room.
Meanwhile I was laying on my bed, someone knocked on my door. 'Yes?'
Hanbin's head peeked. 'Where did you go? Why you left us?'
'I was completly ignored by the two of you but no problem, apologize accepted.' I said.
He came in and closed the door.
'Your brother completly loves me.' He smiled.
'He does.' I sat up.
'Do you?' He looked down at me.
'Hanbin, I need time.' I said.
'I don't like waiting.' He sat down next to me.
'I'm afraid this time you have no choice.' I said.
'Would you like to go out on a date tomorrow with me? Maybe that helps you to understand what you feel better.' He said.
'Ooh, yeah. We can go out.' I smiled.
'Really?' A smile spreaded across his face. I nooded.
'That's great!' From all the excitment he hugged me.
The door swung open and my brother came in.
Bad timing, Namjoon. As always.
'I-I just came to ask if you need a ride home.' He asked Hanbin.
'No, thank you. I need some fresh air.' Hanbin smiled. My brother nooded.
While he was closing doors, he gave us that look like 'I am watching you'.
'Bad timing again.' Hanbin said. I nodded as I laughed.

'See you tomorrow at school then.' Hanbin said as he walked out.
'See you.' I waved him and he waved back.
I closed the doors and my brother was there, staring at me.
'What?' I asked him.
'He likes you a lot.' He said.
'Do you like him too?'
'I don't know. I need to figure it out.' I said.


The other day, I got ready for school and went downstairs.
My brother was in the kitchen, making coffe.

'It's 'middle of the night' for you. What are you doing?' I looked at him confused.
'I'm trying to wake up just in case I don't fall asleep in the car.' He said as he drank his coffe.
'Do you want some?'
'I don't drink coffe. Thanks.' I said.
'Let's go. We will be late.'

'I will come to pick you up when your class ends.' Namjoon said as he pulled over in front of my school. I nooded.
'Thank you. Bye.' I said as I walked out of the car.
I saw Hanbin and his friends, leaning on the school gates there.
Yunhyeong saw me and smiled. Then he hit Hanbin's arm and pointed at me.
Hanbin turned around. He quickly said something to his friends and then walked over towards me.

'Looking pretty as always.' He said,making me laugh.
'Thank you.' I said.
'Whats funny?' He asked.
'I'm just not used to you being this nice towards me.' I said.
'Oh. Well, get used to it.' He said.
'Will do.' I smiled.
'Let's go together to the the class.' He said as we started heading towards the classroom.

When the teacher came in the classroom, he announced we have a new student.
A pretty girl walked in and introduced herself.
'Hello. My name is Lee Hi. Nice to meet you all.' She smiled.
'She's cute.' I said.
'Mhm.' Hanbin murmured.
'You can find an empty spot and sit.' Teacher said.
Lee Hi sat down behind us.

Later on, when it was a lunch time, I decided to stay in the classroom and eat meanwhile everyone stormed out besides Hanbin.

'Why aren't you going?' He asked.
'I would rather eat my lunch here.' I said. He nooded.
After a few seconds of silence he asked me if I thought about my feelings.
'I can't think about that so quickly. It's not a little thing.' I said.
'You're making me anxious. I can't wait anymore, Harin. I need to know.' He raised his voice a little bit.
'You're making me anxious by asking me that all the time. I said I will think about it.'
'Can you think about it now?'
'No, Hanbin. Stop putting so much pressure on me.'
He got up and pushed the chair into the table making me flinch.
Then he sighed and left the classroom.
What is wrong with him? It's been two days. I don't know yet.

When the lunch time was over, everyone came back in the class.
Hanbin didn't even look at me even though he was walking towards me.
'Hello. My name is Kim Hanbin.' He stopped in front of Lee Hi's table.
'Oh, hello.' She said.
'Mind if I sit down next to you?' He smiled.
Then he looked at me all serious as if he was teaching me a lesson.
I turned my head around, away from him.
For the rest of the day, he didn't spoke to me.
I heard them two talking and laughing behind me.

When the school ended, I walked out of the classroom and headed home.
I saw my brother's car in the front so I came in.
'What's up with the mad face? What happend?' He asked as he was looking at me.
'Nothing. Just drive away.' I said.
'Is someone bullying you? Do I need to kick their now?' He asked.
'No one is bullying me. I'm just tired.'
'Alright.' He sighed as he turned the car on.
I took a last glimpse of Hanbin and her laughing while they were coming out of the school as my brother drove away.

If he thinks this will make me think about my feelings more, he's wrong.
How does he dare?


'What happend?' My brother sat down next to me on the couch.
'Did Hanbin make you mad? Because I can beat him up.' He asked making me laugh.
'Now, tell me what happend.' He hugged me.
'Uh, he confessed his love to me the other day in the hospital and I didn't know what to say then so I told him that I will take some time to think about my feelings. And since I said that, he's been asking me and pressuring me to tell him. He even got upset today so in order to 'teach me a lesson' he sat down behind me with another girl and kept talking to her whole day without even paying attention to me for the rest of the day.' I sighed.
'Well, listen, maybe this can make you consider your final answer. But don't be sad because of it, then I will have to kill him. You leave me with no other choice.' He said.
'Ah, stop it.' I hit him.
'People come and go but the creepy inner me doesn't.' He smiled. 'I believe you.' I said making him laugh.
'I've been thinking that we should visit our parents in Paris one day. I talk to them over the phone but I would like to see them.' I said. He nooded.
'We could visit them for Christmas.' He said.
'Sounds good.' I smiled.
'Harin. Do you still have nightmares?' He asked.
'Since I came home, I don't.' I said.
'I'm happy to hear that. After those things, I can't let you go into someone's arms again without knowing anything about the guy. And you deserve to have a boyfriend who will appriciate you.' He caressed my hair.
'How about Bobby? You two were always susp-' he didn't get to finish his sentence because I hit him once again.
'Since when you got so strong?' He rubbed the back of his head.
'Don't act like it hurts.' I laughed.
'Tsk tsk.'

I've been thinking about my feelings while I was laying in my bed.
The fact was that if he loved me so much, he wouldn't act that way yesterday.
And on the other hand, he saved me. He put himself in the danger to save me after all.
What to do?

I got up in the morning and got ready for school.
'Namjoon. Bobby and I will go together in school today so don't worry.' I said silently as he was trying to get some power to wake up and process what I just said.
He just lifted his thumb up and went back to sleep. Lazy .

'Harinnnnnnn'
'Bobbyyyyy'
He lifted me in the air as he hugged me.
'How are you and Hanbin doing?' He asked.
'How are you and Eun doing?' I smiled at him.
He looked away as his face got all red.
'What makes y-you think that?' He asked.
'You're not obvious at all.' I said as I laughed.
'Stop teasing me, you little punk.' He ruffled my hair.
I told Bobby about what happend yesterday with Hanbin and the new girl.
'Why is he acting like that? Do you want me to talk to him?' He asked.
I shook my head. 'No, no way. Don't even mention I said anything.'
We came in front of the school and Hanbin was there leaning on the gates.
I couldn't help but to notice the girl next to him.
He had his arm around her as he was laughing.
Bobby and me stopped in our tracks.
Hanbin noticed me and he just looked at me. Giving me that 'the you staring at look'.
Bobby looked at me and he noticed my disappointed face.
'Harin.' Bobby spoke.
I decided to walk away fast so I don't have to look at him anymore.
'Harin!' Bobby shouted.
I turned around and looked at Bobby.
'Sorry, I am in a hurry.' I smiled and left.
Bobby then followed my steps as he sent a deadly glare to Hanbin.