Chapter 1

Magnet for bad luck

I moved into my own house 4 months ago. Well actually, I live with my brother but he is in another university at another city.
It was a place where it was always quiet and nothing interesting ever happened.
It was better for me. I loved it that way.
This was my last year of school and I was about to graduate.

My alarm went off and I had to get up and go to school.
I did my morning routine, washed up, ate, got dressed and went to school.
I have a friend called Bobby. He is my childhood friend and we always stick together.
He waits for me every morning in front of my house and as soon as he saw me a smile appeared on his face.
'Harin!' Bobby shouted. He always had so much energy. I always used to wonder how and where does it come from. I always woke up grumpy as .
I hugged him and then we both started walking towards school.
'How are you feeling this lovely day, Harin?' he asked with a smile on his face.
'Ah, where do you get all the energy from? It's still so early in the morning.' I told him as you rubbed your eyes.
'Ah, you're still sleeping.' he patted your head.

When we came to the school, in front of the gates there were lots of people at one place, all of them were shouting and cheering. I guess there was someone getting beaten up or smth. I didn't really care. 
'Oh, a new fight! Cool! Want to come and check it out with me?' Bobby asked.
'No, thank you. See you around, Bobby.'
'You're missing out!' He shouted as he ran to the crowd and disappeared in it.
As soon as you came in, you went to your locker to pick up the books and on the way there you saw your friend, Eun.
'Harin!' she shouted as she hugged you.
'Hey Eun.' I hugged her back.
'Did you saw the fight outside?' she asked.
'Yes but I didn't really went to check it out.' I said as I was looking for a book in your locker.
'Well, I guess we all already know who's fight it is.' she said as she leaned on the locker.
'Indeed.' I laughed.

I went to the class and took a seat next to the window, I loved to daze out a bit and stare into the nature.
I mean, it was a math class. Anything could've easily take away my attention since I hated it the most.
I looked on the clock and only 20 minutes passed, it seemed like forever.
Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and came in.
It was him, the biggest bully in the class. Kim Hanbin. No one was even surprised that he's late.
Bobby used to be his friend until he realized that Hanbin was no good for him.
He had lots of bruises and scratches on his face. I guess he got them from the fight awhile ago.
'Just take a seat.' the teacher sighed.
'This is the last time you're late to my class or you'll recieve detention, is that clear?'
He nooded lazily just to get her off his back.

It was finally lunch time. I decided to stay in the class and eat my food. Everyone stormed out besides Eun. It was just the two of us in the class.
She came and sat down in front of me.
We were talking when Bobby came in.
'Yah, I was looking for you outside. Why are you here? Hello, Eun.' he smiled.
'Hello, Bobby.' she smiled back.
And then his attention was back on me.
'Ah, it's freezing outside. Sit here with us.' I said to him. He nooded and brought a chair next to me.

As Bobby was laughing, he accidently spilled his drink on me.
'Oh! I'm so sorry, Harin!' he said in shock.
'Ah, you fool.. it's okay. I just need some tissues.' I said as I stood up.
Both of them had blank expression on their face.
'I'm afraid we don't have...' Eun looked at Bobby and he shook his head. I sighed.
'I'll go in the bathroom, be right back.' I said as I walked out of the class.

Luckily, there were tissues in the bathroom.
I took some and walked out the bathroom but as soon as I came out, I heard someone whispering in the hallway. They were arguing.
They weren't that quiet as they thought they were.

'What are you supposted to do now? You know they will find you again.' the guy was upset
'What's so wrong about that? You think I got sick of beating him and his little gang? I enjoy in that.' the another guy answered back.

'What are you doing?' I heard a voice behind me.
I jumped in shock and as I turned around, I saw the guy from Hanbin's gang. Junhoe. Great.
'Nothing. I am just going back to my class.' I turned around but he grabbed me by my hand.
'You know, its not nice to listen to someone else's private conversation.' he said as he stared down back at me.
'I wasn't listening, I was just passing by.' I said.

I heard someone's steps in front of me and I saw Hanbin and his friend Jinhwan.
'What is going on here?' Jinhwan asked Junhoe as he kept his eyes on me.
'Someone thought it was nice to listen to another people's conversation.' Junhoe said. 'I wasn-'
'That's not very nice, you know' I got cut off by Hanbin.
'What's your name?' Hanbin asked.
'Why do you care?' I asked him back as I got rid of Junhoe's grip on my arm.
'Harin! What took you-' Bobby's eyes widened as he saw me with the three of them.
'Bobby!' Hanbin said as he smiled. 'Isn't this getting better and better?'
'What's going on, Harin? Come here.' Bobby said as he pulled me away by my hand.
'Oh, so her name is Harin. Good to know. Is she your girlfriend, Bobby? You need to teach her to mind her own business.' Hanbin said.
'She is my best friend and don't come around her anymore.' Bobby took my hand, turned around and we walked away.
"Bobby, I-"
"You will tell me later." he cut me off.