Flower Road (6/?)

Waltz of the Moon and Sun

"Yong-ssaem!!! Yong-ssaem!!"

Humming to her favorite k-pop song and watering flowerbeds in the schoolyard, Yongsun stopped from her morning activity and looked up to find Moon Minhyuk enthusiastically running toward her. She haven't had the chance to put down the water cans before Minhyuk grabbed her shirt while jumping up and down. He had excitement written all over his face. It's a beautiful morning and seeing the adorable boy smiling made her day brighter too.

"Good Mo-" before she can finish the sentence the boy interrupted her.

"Yong-ssaem!! Guess what?!"

"Uhh.. what should i guess?"

Yongsun's heart never ceased to melt whenever Minhyuk smiled at her with that adorable smile of his. His eyes held a lot of expectation, wanting his favorite teacher to guess why is he this happy in the morning. But Yongsun have no idea what to guess at all.

"Yah, Moon Minhyuk. Don't running so fast like that, you could've fall. And don't forget your manner either, where's the greeting?"

Yongsun saw the inspector walking toward their direction and reprimanded Minhyuk after locking her car. Moonbyul is wearing a black long trench coat with white turtleneck inside and a brown scarf around her neck. She totally looks like those models Yongsun seen in her monthly-subscribed magazine. Moonbyul stops in front of her and ruffles Minhyuk's hair affectionately.

"Hold your excitement, sweet pea. Now, what should you say?"

Minhyuk pouted but that was only for a while before he beamed at Yongsun. "Good morning, ssaem!"

"Good morning to you too, what made you so happy today?" Yongsun crouched dow to be in the same eye-level as the boy and smiled.

"Y'know, it's my birthday this weekend!" He enthusiastically said, trying to hold himself from jumping up and down again. "Mom promised to take me to amusement park as the present!"

The boy beamed his megawatt smile, clearly happy with the news Moonbyul dropped on him this morning. Minhyuk has been bugging his mom for a while about wanting to go to the amusement park but the inspector has a lot to handle on her hand and haven't had the time to take a day off. With a lot of overtime and squeezing her schedule, Moonbyul managed to have a day off this weekend and decided to fulfill his wish. Yongsun know about this matter and flickered her warm gaze at the inspector for a second, giving her an appreciative nod. She turned her attention back to the boy and patting the soft black hair slowly.

"That's good to hear, Hyukkie. I hope you can enjoy your birthday to the fullest!"

Happy grin still etched in his face. "Yong-ssaem can you go with us too?? Pleaseeeeee!!". Big adorable hazel eyes looking at her expectantly, hoping his favorite teacher will spend her time with him and his mom on the special day.

"Uhh..." Yongsun doesn't want to intrude the mother's and son's bonding time, it's a special day and she has been in their life too much these past few months, though, she can't deny the happiness she felt as the boy wants her presence in his birthday. Sensing the hesitation, Minhyuk pouts and grabbed his mom's coats to pull her attention to him.

"Mom, can Yong-ssaem join us?"

"Of course." Finally Moonbyul speaks after silently watching the whole scene from sideline. "I was going to invite you first but this impatient pumpkin beat me to it." Now it's Moonbyul turn to give her warm smile and looks full of expectation.

"If you don't have any plans on the weekend please join us, Unnie."

Since she saw no other reason to decline the offer then why not? Even after months of seeing them everyday, she still cherishes every moment she spent with the mother and son. "Alright then. I'll be looking foward to it."

Yongsun almost fell when the boy jumped happily on her and hugged her tight. "Yay!! It's going to be fun, ssaem!!"

Both of the adults chuckles at the excited boy, he's truly too pure for this world. "C'mon Hyukkie, let Yong-ssaem breathe."

A gust of cold winter winds blew, making the poor boy shivering even when he already wear sweater and coats. Yongsun ushered him to go inside the school where warm heaters and hot chocolate waiting for him. He bid his mother goodbye with a kiss on the cheek and run excitedly, still can't contain the happiness that he's going to spend birthday with his two most favorite person in the world. Now it's only Yongsun and Moonbyul stood facing each other with smiles on their face.

"Finally they give you that well deserved holiday."

"I'm gonna sue them if they didn't give me one. I've been working my everyday just to take that day off."

"Is that why you don't have right now? Because you're overworking your in desk everyday?" Yongsun tried to contain her facial expression and laugh that bubbling inside but that was proven fail when Moonbyul gasped and faking an offended expression.

"Leave me and my flat out of this conversation, Miss Kim."

The inspector can't help but stare and smiles at the woman who's giggling uncontrollably right now. She considered herself very lucky to know her in this lifetime. Those big shining orbs with turtle-like smiles accentuated the perfectly squishy cheeks, never ceased to made her heart soar and fall for her even harder. She was in the middle of appreciating Yongsun's milky white skin and jutting collarbone when another gust of cold November wind blew around them. It was almost unnoticeable but she's sure in that split second, Yongsun is shivering. That was the moment she realized how unfitting the teacher's outfit for this weather. Yongsun only wears a loose sweater and a long track pants with sport shoes. It does look comfy but still too thin to withstand the cold weather.

"Why are you only wearing sweaters? It's cold out here."

"I can't wear my coat while tending the garden, silly."

Moonbyul frowned and looking at Yongsun disapprovingly, even if her reason is rational she still concerned about the teacher's health. Moonbyul unwrapped her scarf and Yongsun had an idea where this will go. The inspector felt a hand stops her before she can complete her action.

"I'm fine, Byul-ah. You're the one who can't stand cold."

Moonbyul pouted as if she feel insulted with the accusations but still continue to unwrap her scarf and wrapping it around Yongsun's neck. The teacher whined when Moonbyul pinched her nose playfully, making the cute face all scrunched up.

"Look who's talking, your nose is comparable to cherries in Minhyuk's breakfast bowl today."

She proceeded with taking off her gloves and gripped Yongsun's hands, half forcing the teacher to wear it. Yongsun keep whining and protesting that she doesn't need the glove. The inspector shushed and ignored the teacher's plea of course. Yongsun finally shut up when she heard Moonbyul's soft voice whispering 'at least let me do this much' to her. Yongsun can feel her warm breath mingling with the person opposite of her. They didn't realize with all the banter their distance has grown closer, with Moonbyul still concentrating on putting the gloves on Yongsun's.

'Just to make it clear, i do see you more than just a friend, Yongsun-ah'

Moonbyul's indirect confession that day never fails to make heat creped up to her face. She has seen the slight change in Moonbyul in every little things they do. Not that she's not as greasy before, but after the picnic three months ago Moonbyul has been more direct in flirting and doing skinship, yet their relationship hasn't move to the next stage. Neither of them has the courage to pop up the question nor bring up status of their relationship they have right now. While Yongsun feels comfortable and content with all of this, she also wants more.

"There. You have such a short fingers unnie, my gloves looks floppy on you."

Moonbyul grin dropped instantly when she realized how close their distance are. Her feet took a small step back to give them space, as much as she enjoyed it, they're still in school ground and it will not look good if other people discovered a teacher and a parent in that kind of situation.

"You don't have to give me the gloves, you know? I'm still watering the plants."

"Don't worry about getting it dirty, i'm more concerned about your pretty little fingers turned blue at this rate." Moonbyul winked greasily.

Yongsun almost threw her water can at Moonbyul but holds herself and resorting to hit her arms. "Yah! I can't handle your greasiness this early. Go to work now! Shoo! Shoo!!"

"Ow! Ow!" The inspector caught both of Yongsun's wrist, she may not looks athletic but she sure can pack some punch.

"Aigoo~ this unnie... don't be so stiff, you gonna get wrinkle early at this rate."

Seeing the bewildered looks on the teacher's face, Moonbyul winked for the last time before running back towards her car, she still values her life after all.

"YAH! MOON BYUL YI!! COME BACK HERE!!"

Yongsun can only hear echoes of laugh while the inspector run for her life. She sighs and about to continue her task before she noticed whiff of fruity perfume and warmth around her neck. It's one of her favorite, she had told Moonbyul before and glad the inspector using it more often. Now whether she likes it or not, she will be reminded of her crush like she was beside her. Yongsun unconsciously sniffs and snuggled into the scarf comfortably, glad to have the warmth around her neck and hands. Little did she now noticeable pink start to blossom on her fluffy cheeks.

 

"Stupid greaseball."

 


"Happy birthday, Hyukkie!!"

Yongsun scooped the grinning boy into her arm and peppering him with kisses on his cheeks. The now-six-years-old boy squealed but didn't resist it as he likes the attention given by the teacher too. Moonbyul only chuckled from the couch, watching both of her most precious person bonding together. Putting Minhyuk back to the ground, Yongsun pulled up the plastic back behind her and revealing the object inside. Minhyuk eyes shined brightly like the ribbon wrapping around square object in Yongsun hand, which he assumed it's his birthday present. He cannot contained his joy when Yongsun smiled and gave the present to him.

"Thank you, ssaem!! You're the best!" Minhyuk grinned at her and giving looks if he can open his present now. Yongsun chuckled and nodded, giving the cue to tear the wrapper.

"You don't have to do this, unnie."

"Ssshh, don't be a party pooper and let me spoil him in his birthday."

Yongsun smiled and keep her eyes to the boy who's squealing with excitement after discovering the action figure of his favorite cartoon characters. She feel glad that her present made Minhyuk gleamed with joy. Moonbyul ruffles her son's hair and lead both of them outside.

"Let's go, we should head there before noon."

It's only eight in the morning but considering the traffics and long queue to buy the tickets, Moonbyul doesn't want to waste a lot of time. Amusement park in the weekend is usually very crowded so they have to get there early to enjoy all the rides. Going from Bucheon to Seoul actually not that far away, by car it's only forty minute-ish. Minhyuk is already building up all his excitement inside the car and asking 'are we there yet?' For every ten minutes, good thing that the traffics today is not bad so they arrived at the estimated time. He bounced off the car in high spirit and Moonbyul need to hold him so he won't run directly into the entrance gate.

"Hold on baby, mum need to buy the tickets first. Wait here with ssaem,ok?"

Minhyuk urges his mom to go buy the ticket fast, making the teacher chuckled silently watching Moonbyul scurried off towards ticket counters. He's the king today overall.

His eyes shined with awe at the scene before him. The world of glorious magical castle he only seen in disney movies laid before him, many interesting rides like 4D adventures and riding train around the theme park can be seen from the entrance. Many of the mascots lingering around the beautiful street, waiting for kids and adults to take a photo together. There's also a lot of souvenirs stores lined up from the front until the big majestic water fountain in the middle. Minhyuk is eager to discover and exploring more of this amusement park, this was his first time visited one.

"Moooooommmmm!! Let's play that one! It looks cool!!"

He grabbed his mother's coat and pointing to a nicely decorated building with lush trees and animal mascot in front of the entrance. It has a notice board that says 'Exciting jungle boat ride' '10 minutes until play' . Deciding that it's a good ride to start their adventure, Moonbyul agreed. Besides the queue is not long so they can enter the ride immediately.

True to her prediction, they can get in the ride less than five minutes. The boat was supposed to be for two passengers only, but since they're both woman and small child, they can fit in perfectly. Minhyuk is seated in the middle between Yongsun and Moonbyul for safety reason. The rides was filled with them riding along the man-made river and animal robots in the riverbank or jungle beside the boat, as if they're really travelling in the middle of Amazon or Madagascar forest. There are so many varieties of moving animals miniatures like lions, tigers, snakes, deers, you name it all. Minhyuk has seen few of them in television, but there are so much new animal to discover for him. Moonbyul and Yongsun takes turn to explains what kind of animal this and that, what they eat and where you can find them. Moonbyul noticed the older woman instincts as a teacher can be seen when she explained to Minhyuk with patient and passion, it made Yongsun more attractive and perfect in her eyes.

"That was awesome!! I didn't know kangaroo have a pocket to put their kids in and jumped that high! Can we go inside again later, mum?"

Both of them can only chuckled at the fascination the boy had so far, and this just has been one ride. "We can go again later, for now let's try the other rides first, shall we?"

"Okay!" He let out a satisfied grin after hear the assurance from Moonbyul. They took a short walk towards the information board and grabbed one of the direction map. They decided it's best to try all the rides from the left side first to the center and right until they circled back to entrance. Yongsun advised to go for 4D cinema first since it's the nearest but something has caught the inspector's eyes at the sidewalk. It was a souvenirs stand where they sell a lot of accessories with the amusement park logo, but what catches Moonbyul's interest was the animals ears headbands on the display. It has a lot of varieties from cat, dog, bunny, deer, and others. Since her son was showing a lot of interest in those animals they've seen in the ride before, she want to buy him something to remind him of this day. Besides, it's cute.

"These animals ears are so cute, do you want to wear some, Hyuk-ah?" She points some at the display.

"Really? Can i?"

"Yeah, try it first and choose whatever you like."

Moonbyul picked some headbands on the display and Yongsun squealed while watching the boy struggled to choose one because all of them honestly looks so cute on him. Rather than his own mother, the teacher fussed over him more, giving him a lot of headbands to try for. He decided to take the tiger ears headband after a few minutes of staring between that and wolf ears. Minhyuk made his choice but the adults can see he's still hesitant. Seeing her son like both of them but can only choose one, Moonbyul decided to buy it too so they can swap whenever Minhyuk wants. Beside, it's his birthday, she will spoil him as much as she can today.

"Unnie, try this one." Moonbyul gives her a white bunny ears that she had been eyeing since the beginning and determined to make Yongsun wears it.

"Why should i wear it too?" Yongsun looked at the bunny ears headband Moonbyul shoved to her with disgust. She's too old to wear something cute like animal ears.

"Just try it, unnie~"

Yongsun decided to just comply with the younger girl's request before the said person whines like usual and embarrassing themselves. The white bunny ears really complements her pink hair, making her looks like adorable pink bunny. Byul hummed in agreement and took out her phone to snaps a few photos with wide grin decorating her face. After she's satisfied, the mother headed to the cashier to pay for the animal ears. Seeing a section of goodies from her favorite cartoon, Yongsun told Moonbyul to go ahead while she strolling around the store for some more.

"That will be 42.000 won for three items, would you like to wear it now?"

Usually peoples who shops here tend to either wear it after paying or keep it as a souvenir. Majority wears it directly to enjoy the rest of their stay in the amusement park where nobody will judge you for wearing animals ears regardless of your age.

"We'll wear it now, thank you." Moonbyul hands her card and let the cashier process the transaction while she helped her son to put the tiger ears on him and put the wolf one on herself.

"Aww, that looks so cute on him."

Moonbyul looked up from tidying her son's hair to the cashier who waiting for her to give her the receipt and card back. Before now, Moonbyul doesn't pay a lot of attention to the cashier, now that she looked at her, the cashier has a pretty big eyes and small oval shaped face with cute nose, she looks like a doll. Maybe she's a part-timer, she looks like she's still in high school or college. She smiled and ruffling her son hair lovingly, there's a feeling of proud everytime someone compliments her son. She bet every mother would feels the same.

"Thank you, he does have a great taste to choose an animal ears that compliments his cute round face."

For a moment Moonbyul felt she imagining things when she saw the cashier's eye flicker with a hint of mischievousness but that's totally not wrong at all, she was caught off guard.

"I mean, it's not only your brother that has a great taste in choosing what compliments his look, you look amazing too, miss."

Moonbyul eyes widens and the cashier girl winked and giving her a sweet smile. Did she just got flirted? This is not the first time it has happened but this is the first time she got flirted so directly when she bring Minhyuk with her, and by a girl too, which she assumed much younger than her. Well, to be fair, the cashier assumed that Minhyuk is her little brother though it was still so brave of the girl to flirt like that.

Moonbyul smiled sheepishly and was about to answer when she heard that oh-so-fake-polite-coughs. A shudder and cold sweat is the cop's automatic response when she saw Yongsun standing there, sweetly smiling and watching them. Don't get fooled, Moonbyul knows her well that the smile is 100% fake and it's the sign of her impending doom.

"I'll wait outside with Minhyuk until you're done paying."

Yongsun stated calmly but Moonbyul know better that if she spend another minute talking to the cashier, she won't get any lunch today, or worse, silent Yongsun all day. "Let's go wait your mom outside, Hyuk-ah." Yongsun emphasized the word ‘mom’ and holding Minhyuk's hand gently to lead him outside the store. The boy who's oblivious to the situation nodded and giving Yongsun the bunny ears to wear, talking lightly with his teacher.

Moonbyul and the cashier just stand there awkwardly for a few seconds before the cop signed the credit card receipt and giving her a polite smile and nod, excusing herself before the teacher's mood getting worse. Yongsun fasten her steps when she saw Moonbyul emerged from the store trying to catch up with her.

"Unnieeeeeee~ wait for me."

Even if silver haired woman looks cool with that wolf ears on her, Yongsun can't help but to look at her as a puppy when she whines and trying to catch up like that. Her heart squee at the sight but she still remember how the younger woman smiled sheepishly when she flirts- or got flirted with that pretty cashier. What a dumb greasy hamster. She bet Moonbyul love getting flirted like that, especially from a pretty girl.

"Unnie-- wait!"

Moonbyul grabbed Yongsun's other hand that doesn't linked with Minhyuk. "Why are you mad at me?"

Yongsun only kept mum and glared at Byulyi, her face literally like asking 'You sure you don't know why i'm mad?' She kept her straight face and ignoring the younger woman, heading into whatever direction her feet taking to. Moonbyul is not that dense, she knew that Yongsun doesn't like seeing her getting hit on by another person, she knew she would feel the same if the condition was reversed. But she can't deny the little bit of happiness and giddy feeling when she knew Yongsun is jealous, that at least the teacher is a little possesive of her.

"Are you jealous, unnie?"

The question caught her off guard, she doesn't expect the younger woman would be asking her so directly and she was so not prepared for this. Though even if it's true, she won't admit her defeat and made that stupid greaseball satisfied.

"W-what? Keep on dreaming, Moon Byul Yi."

Yongsun tried to shake her hand off gently but Moonbyul hold her hand firmly, grinning widely from ears to ears. Moonbyul knows from the flustered face and dismissal like that, her guess is right. Yongsun is definitely jealous. Seeing the younger girl won't let go of her hand Yongsun only let out an annoyed huff and pouts. Even though the teacher is mad, Moonbyul can't help but grinned even widely at seeing the sights before her. Annoyed and mad Yongsun is cute, that's why she always annoys her whenever she had the chance, but mad Yongsun with bunny ears? God, thanks she still had a decency called self-control and not kiss that pouty lips right here, right now, where there's hundred of people including children can see them. She won't getting risk kicked out of the amusement park for indecent act, but she sure still can enjoy this moment to the max.

Teasing the teacher is one of her greatest joy, so she won't pass this golden opportunity. Moonbyul tilted her head a little closer to Yongsun so she can whisper gently, shet felt her face pulled instictively up in teasing smile. Yongsun who doesn't expect the sudden closeness can feel the warm breath tickling her ears.

 

"Don't worry unnie, the wolf only have its eyes on the cute pink rabbit."

 

 

Nevertheless, half of the amusement park is surprised with the sudden shout of pain from certain silver haired woman. Maybe, just maybe, someone stepped on her foots. Hard.

 

 


Heyoooo, long time no see :v

I'm really sorry for the reaaaaaally late update, it was almost two months i think? or more >< . I've been busy these past few weeks and been having some writerblocks ;A; . I hope you guys can still enjoy the story after so long >< i'm kinda afraid that i made Yongsun quite OOT? Please tell me if you feel that way, i'll try to make her stay more in character next time.

I'm so happy this story received a lot of love and support, i'll try my best to keep this entertaining! Every subscribe, votes or comments is very appreciated! :D Until next time~