Flower Road (2/?)

Waltz of the Moon and Sun

Yongsun yawned as she helping cleaning up the front yard. This is one of her routine everyday, even if there's some helpers to clean and cook at the kindergarten, Yongsun feels restless if she doesn't do anything other than waiting the kids to arrive. Besides, the helpers need to prepare the ingredients for lunch and Yongsun sure the kids and herself wouldn't like it if their empty stomach has to wait more in the afternoon. Her mind going back to yesterday event where she met one of the most beautiful woman she'd ever seen in her life. Yongsun bet her pointy nose and those heavenly jawline can cut a tree. And have you seen those beautiful eyes full with adoration and love for her child? If Yongsun could moan loudly, she will. Fortunately, she still have consciousness and shame as a teacher. She sighs loudly as she remember that Moonbyul is a mother and probably have a loving husband, how can she have indecent thoughts about her? This sinful feeling need to go away, she has to focus on her duty to teach the children, not ogling their hot mother. Sometimes she question her own morality, well who can blame her if a hot looking cop like Moonbyul appears in front of you? She wonder if Moonbyul herself will accompany Minhyuk to school this morning.

"Why let out a big sighs in the morning, Kim-ssaem?"

Yongsun let out a little yelp and lost her grip on the broomstick. This will be looks comical if she stumbled to the ground too, but fortunately God still have mercy on her image. Yongsun didn't expect her question will be answered quickly when she heard the gentle and low voice grace her ears. Moon Byul Yi herself dropping Minhyuk off to the kindergarten.

"Mrs. Moon! You scared me!" Yongsun touched her chest as if it can slow down her racing heart. She's not sure if it racing because of the sudden surprise or because she saw those amused gaze on her.

"Weeelll... if you didn't daydreaming while sweeping the yard maybe you'll notice us arriving and calling you." Moonbyul smirked.

Yongsun blushed furiously, does she that deep in her mind until she didn't notice the newcomers? "It's 6 in the morning, Mrs. Moon. Cut me some slack please." Moonbyul laughs a little, it does sounds like angel voices in Yongsun ears, though.

"Anyway, good morning to you, Kim-ssaem. Please take care of Minhyuk for today too."

Now Yongsun gaze shifted to the sleepy boy beside Moonbyul. He hold his mother's left hand and rubbing his eyes of with the other, probably hoping to chase away his sleepiness. "......good morning, Yongsun-ssaem" he yawned adorably.

Yongsung crouched down and pinch his chubby cheeks. "Good morning to you too, sleepyhead." Moonbyul smiled silently at the sight before change it to adorable pout.

"I don't get a good morning too, ssaem?"

Yongsun looked up from Minhyuk to the woman beside him. That was a mistake. Those adorable pout made her looks like a hamster and Yongsun heart can't take it. Who knows the cool and gorgeous looking cop can look this cute? Yongsun try to play it cool by brushing her off. She need to save her remaining dignity by not being a blabbering mess.

"Yes, yes, good morning to you too. Mrs. Moon. Didn't know you're this naggy." Yongsun smiled playfully.

Moonbyul looks amused. She didn't expect the clumsy and kind looking teacher respond to her banter. "Beside caffeine i need someone to wish me good morning before i start my day."

Moonbyul winks. Yongsun died.

Her brain is literally dying right now. Or so she thinks, because she can't fully process to what happened just now. Did Moonbyul just wink and flirt with her? Did she???? Or is it just her imagination playing tricks in her mind? Seeing Yongsun spechless made Moonbyul conflicted too. Did she trespassing her boundaries just now? She did that on reflect, it's her nature to be greasy and sometimes she can't control that.

Yongsun tried to gain control of her mind after a few second and change the topic to something else. She saw the poor boy still half-asleep and see this as an opportunity. "Why do you come so early in the morning? Not that is a bad thing, just curious because school started at seven thirty."

Moonbyul is looking guilty now as she looking down at the boy. "Actually there's a favor i want to ask you. My duty requires me to come early in the morning. I'd feel bad if i have to ask my friend everyday to drop Minhyuk off. Can he sleep in the nursery room until class starting?"

Yongsun nods and picks Minhyuk up to her arms. The poor boy almost fall asleep if it's not for her mother still holding his hand. She smiled at the sleepy boy and looks back up at Moonbyul. "Certainly, there's other teacher too that can supervise him while he sleep. You don't have to worry."

Moonbyul looks relieved. "Thanks a lot, Kim-ssaem. I will try to pick Minhyuk earlier today."

"Relax, the daycare will still be open until 6 in the evening, so you can take your time." Yongsun smiled gently at Moonbyul. She remembered her conversation with Minhyuk yesterday. "But i bet Minhyuk want to see his mom faster, i'm sure he miss you after spending time here all day."

Moonbyul smiled back and patted her son head. "Mom's off for work, Hyuk-ah. Be a good boy and listen to Kim-ssaem, ok?"

Minhyuk nodded and buried his face in Yongsun neck, trying to go back to sleep. "See you later, ssaem."

"Yeah, always be careful, Mrs. Moon."

Moonbyul smiled lightly and start walking back to her Range Rover. Yongsun thinks it's fits so much with Moonbyul's uniform and overall aura. It made her looks hella cool, not that she isn't before. After a while Yongsun feels her head gonna explode with embarrassment. What did she think with saying 'Always be careful, Mrs.Moon' while holding Minhyuk in her arms as if she was sending her wife off to work?? It certainly doesn't look like that from outside but Yongsun brain which full of imagination starting to made a hopeless romantic scenario. It's surely not good for her sanity. And to think that she made a resolve to not ogle Moonbyul ten minutes ago made her rolling her eyes at herself.

 

She's so doomed.


Lunchtime

~Kindergarten

 

Yongsun walks around the long table where the kids eat their lunch. She wants to make sure that everyone get their lunches and eat their vegetables. Today's menu is her favourite which is Grilled chicken with sautéed baby potatoes , carrot and broccoli accompanied with slices of fruits and one glass of fresh orange juice. As she walks around she found a few kids that doesn't want to eat their veggies or fruits. It's the teacher duty to make sure these kids get the vitamins and nutrition needed for their body. She saw Minhyuk tried to put aside his broccoli and carrots. He marked as the third kid Yongsun has to coax to eat their veggies today. She crouched down beside him and poke his cheeks to gain his attention.

"Minhyuk-ah, why don't you eat your vegetables?"

Minhyun looks guilty before answering Yongsun. "I don't like them, ssaem. It's bitter and doesn't taste good."

Yongsun sighs. "I know, ssaem hates it too you know?" Well not really since she's already adult and all, but she remember hated carrot with all her might when she was a kid. "Kids who don't eat their vegetable won't be healthy and grow up."

"I still don't like it."

Yongsun tried to turn the cogs in her head. What can make Minhyuk motivated to eat veggies? Suddenly Yongsun have an idea 'maybe this will work'

"Minhyuk-ah, is your mother strong? I heard that cop usually have a strong physique." Yongsun tried to bait him into talking about his mother. His eyes shined at the mention of Moonbyul. 'This kid really loves his mum.'

"Yeah! Mum can lift heavy boxes by herself last week! We just moved home and there's a lot of heavy things, mom lifted almost all of them! She also have a lot of muscle."

This new revelation made Yongsun froze for a while. 'So behind that police jacket Moonbyul has a lot of muscle. That police jacket didn't do her justice though, she looks a bit skinny, wait what, no Kim Yongsun!! Get yourself together!!' Solar slapped herself mentally and focusing back at the beaming kid in front of her.

"Do you want to be strong like your mother and protect a lot of people?" Minhyuk nodded eagerly.

"Do you want to know the secret?" He keep nodding his head enthusiastically. Yongsun feel her victory is in front of her eyes.

"Then eat your veggies, Minhyuk-ah. Broccoli is good for your body and carrot can improve your vision, potatoes giving you energy to pass the day and chicken will give you protein to build your muscles." The child's begin to pout at the mention of the evil vegetables again. But it's not in Yongsun nature to give up easily. "The noonas and ahjumma in the kitchen will be sad if you left out the vegetables, they will think their cooking is not tasty enough."

Minhyuk start to contemplate and stare at the poor veggies before he sighs and pick up his forks. Yongsun smiled and ruffles his hair. "I'm so proud of you, Minhyuk-ah. You're one step closer being a grown man!" Minhyuk smiled widely and continues to eat his lunch. Yongsun's stomach is growling loudly, making the childs around her laughing, including Minhyuk. Yongsun scratched her head in embarrassment.

"Oops, it's ssaem turns now to eat! Hide your chickens or i will eat them!" Yongsun roared loudly making the kids squealed and eat their lunch obediently.

 


Lunchtime

~Police station

 

"Unnie, i heard you came early this morning? How about Minhyuk's school?"

Moonbyul looking up from the documents she had read all day, she don't want to complain about her new desk job but she really miss going on action in the field. Seating all day in your office made her feel trapped and not to mention the backache she has to suffer. "Oh, Wheein-ah. I sent Minhyuk off to school earlier, turns out they allow students to sleep in the nursery room until class starting."

The cute dimpled girl hummed and nodding her head. Yesterday she was the one to sent Minhyuk to school because being the inspector, Moonbyul’s presence is needed in emergency case. The kid certainly not pleased when discovering his missing mom in the morning, especially in his first day in the new school. Wheein tried to console him, being the favorite aunt made him didn't sulk for too long. From what she saw yesterday, the new kindergarten Minhyuk attends looks pretty nice. She has heard some nice things about it being one of the best with the systems, they provide lunch, good education, friendly teachers and especially daycare service until quite late. That was the biggest reason Wheein recommended it to Moonbyul. She has seen her senior struggling with picking up Minhyuk everyday from his previous kindergarten to local daycare service and going back to the police station before pick him up again before going home. It's so time consuming and being promoted to inspector didn't help her at all. She will have to be present in the office all day and not to mention working overtime.

"It's a good thing to hear, the teachers seems really nice too."

Moonbyul nods. "Yep, Minhyuk said so too yesterday. I think i made the right decision to move him, not that his previous school is bad though."

"I see, at what time did you pick him yesterday?" Wheein is still a senior police officer so she only needed until her shift end, unlike Moonbyul who have irregular schedule because there's so much thing that she need to approve or report to. They have been friends from quite some time since Wheein started being junior police officer with Hwasa back in the day. Moonbyul was assigned as their mentor and their relationship has grown into more than senior-junior outside the job. They didn't expect to click that well and certainly both of junior officer didn't expect at the revelation that Moonbyul already has a son at the age of 23. It made the admiration for the senior police officer to grow even more. They have seen Minhyuk grown from a toddler until now, he's the sunshine and joy to their little group.

"Almost at six, i feel really bad for him and the teacher to wait that long to be honest." Moonbyul sighs and scratched her head.

"You should try to come home early today, unnie. Bring foods or drink for the teacher too if you can, it's the least you can do to show gratidude."

Wheein's words is true. She should bring something to show her gratidude, right? No ulterior motives of course... it's not a bad thing to appreciate the hard work Yongsun has made to take care of Minhyuk... right? She takes a note to visit her favourite bakery on the way home later.

"For now let's grab a lunch, unnie. I'm gonna die from hunger." She whines cutely like a pup, after all these year Wheein still looks so cute in Moonbyul's eyes.

"Alright, alright. Go drag Hyejin here, i'll sign these papers first."


 

Moonbyul peeked her head to the play room like yesterday, but this time she didn't knock the door immediately. She has been watching Yongsun read books to Minhyuk for quite sometime. Her heart warmed at the sight before her, Minhyuk listening to what the teacher read for him with awe and interest while Yongsun read it with animated gesture. If she can record it, she will, but she didn't want to be labeled as creep in her second day meeting the teacher. Moonbyul savored this sight in her memory and wait until Yongsun finished the book before she decided it's time to interupt them.

"Good evening, ssaem."

Both Yongsun and Minhyuk flicked their head to the cop, Yongsun acknowledge her presence with a nod and smile while Minhyuk run to his mother. Moonbyul pick Minhyuk in one of her arm while the other one is holding the pastry box with two slice of cake she bought before heading here. "You're early, Mrs.Moon."

"Yeah, can't wait to see this little punk." Moonbyul smiled back. And you.

"How is he today?" Usually Moonbyul never ask this question to the teacher in his previous school but now she's trying to prolong the conversation. A little talk won't hurt, right?

"He's been a really good boy, he ate his vegetables and made a cool car figure from clay." Yongsun want to show what her student has made, but unfortunately they have to wait it to harden first before taking it home.

Moonbyul shocked at the revelation. "Woah, really? He barely eat any usually, he is really picky with his vegetables." Minhyuk puffed his chest and smiled proudly. "Good job, kiddo." She kissed his cheek.

"He want to be strong like his mom, he said." Yongsun chuckled lightly.

"Aaahh.. is that so?" Pink hue decorated her cheeks. She's quite embarrassed to be complimented by the teacher but Yongsun thinks it's very cute. Moonbyul feel uncomfortable with the attention she get and remembered what she bought.

"Oh by the way, this is for you ssaem." She gives the pastry box to Yongsun. "It's not much but i hope you enjoy it."

Yongsun hesitated, as a teacher she shouldn't receive anything from their student or their parents. "Thank you, Mrs.Moon, but i can't accept it." She feel guilty when she saw Moonbyul's expression fell a little. The cop didn't give up, though.

"It's just a token of appreciation for accompanying Minhyuk until this late. Please, i think Minhyuk will be happy too to see his teacher eat something delicious." She feel confidence with her reason when she saw Minhyuk nodded, showing that he agreed with what his mother said. Yongsun hesitated for a second before accepting the box, what she could say when the boy look at her with hopeful eyes.

"Alright, thanks a lot, Mrs.Moon. I'm going to enjoy it." Seeing the satisfied look in Moonbyul's face made Yongsun smile.

"Please drop the formality, ssaem. Mrs.Moon made me sound so old, you can just call me Moonbyul."

Yongsun suprised with sudden drop of formality, but she thought that Minhyuk’s mother does look around her age, this can make them to be more comfortable with each other. Yongsun nodded and smiled. "Only if you drop the title too."

Hearing this made Moonbyul smile until her nose scrunched a little and this look super cute in Yongsun's opinion. Minhyuk does inherit the trait from his mother. Both of them looks like adorable hamster when they smile. "Alright, Yongsun-ssi. We'll take our leave now. See you tomorrow." Moonbyul pick Minhyuk’s bag from the chair and like yesterday, Yongsun escorted them until school’s entrance.

"See you tomorrow, Moonbyul-ssi."

 

She will definitely looking foward for tomorrow.

.

.

 

Probably everyday.


 

Hello! Thank you for reading and subscribing this story, i hope you enjoy it ^^

Pardon me for some grammatical error, i tried my best but still don't understand how grammar works lol. Do you think the pace is too slow/fast? I want to explore their relationship slowly, but i'm not sure how to approach that. Feel free to give any criticism, advice, or any comments ^^, please give upvote too if you can :D. I'll try update fast!