Flower Road (1/?)

Waltz of the Moon and Sun

Kim Yongsun loves children. Her love for children is what drives her to her current occupation now. Other than being paid, she also enjoyed doing what she loves, interacting and teaching new generation for Korea's future. She's not overly optimistic her student will be prominent figure or something, but she believes it's important and crucial to build someone's characters at that age. Although there's some children that are naughty, but they're not bad and it's normal for the kids at their age.

She sighs as she clean up the mess of toys and books in the play room. Other than usual kindergarten, her workplace also provide a daycare service which allow children to stay, play, taking a nap and eat afternoon snack until their parents come to pick them up. She was cleaning the room peacefully when she noticed there is a boy in the corner of the room, crouching and drawing with crayons. Usually parents pick up their kids at five the latest, and it's already half past five in the evening. She didn't recognize nor familiar with the boy at first until she walk up towards him. A light bulb pops above Yongsun head as she remember now. The silent boy name is Moon Minhyuk, her new student starting today. Her mother dropped him off this morning to the kindergarten, chatted a little with Yongsun and the principal, saying that Minhyuk is shy boy but kind and eager to learn. Yongsun remember his mother has very deep dimple and cute smile. But that was none of her concern right now.

"Minhyuk-ah, what are you drawing?". She taps the boy on the shoulder, startling him a little because he was so focused on the drawing.

"I'm coloring the drawing homework for tomorrow." He said as he look at Yongsun for a while and continue his task.

"Wow, you're very diligent, Minhyuk-ah. Your mom must be proud of you." Yongsun smiles and pats the boy's head gently. Minhyuk stopped and smile proudly at the pink haired teacher. "Because mom is very busy, i don't want to waste time doing homework at home when i can use that time to play with mom." Yongsun admired the way this little boy thinks, even for a five year old, he can be so considerate and mature.

"Speaking of your mom, does she usually pick you up this late?" Yongsun noticed that his expression is dimmed slightly, now she feel bad after asking that. Maybe the topic was sensitive to Minhyuk since all other kids was picked up by their parents at least two hours ago.

The boy nodded. "Mom is very busy everyday, she said she needed to catch all the bad guys in town so people will be safe."

Yongsun was shocked about the new information. Was the cute dimpled girl is actually a cop? Well she is usually not one to judge but she knows now to not judge a book by it's cover. "Your mother is a cop Minhyuk-ah? That's so cool!"

Minhyuk grinned widely, he seems very proud of his mother's job. "Yeah! She is really cool! She catch a lot of bad guy and protect a lot of people!"

"I bet superheroes got nothing on your mom. You should be proud of her." Minhyuk nodded once again and continue to finish his drawing. Yongsun watched him with smile on her face. This is what made her love children so much, their innocence is too pure for this world. Her smile was interrupted by small knock on the glass door. Her eyes widens when she saw the person standing at the door. Silver haired woman with warm hazel eyes and perfect pointy nose smile awkwardly at her, but that didn't decrease the perfection she deserves. The police uniform is tucked nicely and adorned with the rose of sharon insignia, complimenting her ethereal looks. She looks like demigod Yongsun has read in one of her fantasy novels. Yongsun jaw opens slightly at the sight until the said person she gawking for the last few seconds spoke gently.

"Good evening, ssaem. I'm here to pick Minhyuk." Hearing his name, Minhyuk turned his head so fast as if he had been waiting all day, which is probably true. Minhyuk ran fast to the silver haired woman and throw himself at her arms.

"Ooomfs! Did you eat a lot today, hyuk-ah? Why are you so heavy?" She smiled and kissed Minhyuk forehead lovingly. The boy giggled and buried his head to the woman's neck. Yongsun stared and smiled unconsciously, this is truly a lovely sight. She hasn't seen the boy smile that wide all day. Suddenly Yongsun remembered this morning when the cute dimpled girl drops Minhyuk off, wasn't that person his mother? Yongsun stood and pick up Minhyuk drawing before approaching them. The silver haired woman noticed her and smiled politely. "Thank your for accompanying Minhyuk until this late, i'm sorry if i'm causing trouble for you or anything." She bowed slightly.

"No,no, it's okay. I'm still tidying up this place anyway." Yongsun smiled. There was an awkward silence for a second before Yongsun tried to keep the conversation alive.

"I noticed you're not the one dropped off Minhyuk this morning, are you his mother?" Yongsun want to slap herself badly. The resemblance between the mother and son is uncanny, plus the police uniform is a huge hint anyway. Yongsun facepalmed in her imagination, apparently gorgeous being can cause her brain to short circuited. The gentle voice shook her from her imaginary self-beating and saving her from further embarrassment.

"Yes, i was planning to drop him off by myself but due to some circumstances i can't, so my friend acted as his guardian for the day."

Yongsun nodded. Before a few awkward silence ensued again. She didn't know how to keep proper conversation with the person in front of her, of all day her brain choose to shut down now and she believe it's not because she's tired or anything.

"Ahh, where is my manner. My name is Moon Byul Yi, or you can just call me Moonbyul." Moonbyul shift Minhyuk to one arm and stick the other out to shake. Yongsun grabbed her hand and shake it slightly.

"My name is Kim Yongsun."

Moonbyul smiled. "Did Minhyuk cause any trouble today?"

"Not at all, he's a really good boy. He maybe a little shy because it's his first day, but i believe he will get a lot of friends in time. Plus he did his homework very diligently."

Yongsun smiled at the boy fondly and pat his head. Hearing the compliment made Minhyuk hide his face even futher in his mother's neck. Moonbyul smiled proudly at her child. "Aww, do you hear that, hyuk-ah? My boy is doing great." Moonbyul smooched his puffy cheeks loudly, making the boy embarrassed by the gesture.

"Mooooommmmm!!" Minhyuk whines loudly.

Yongsun giggled at the sight. She loves family interaction like this, made her feel warm but also envious. The giggle made Moonbyul's attention back to the teacher. She smiled back and there's a comfortable silence between them. She looks out at the window and noticed it's already getting dark. This also made Yongsun to see her watch instinctively, it's already quarter before six. Moonbyul take this as a cue to leave, she doesn't want to make the teacher go home late.

"Thank you for looking after him, Kim-ssaem." Moonbyul nodded politely.

Yongsun smiled and nodded back. "My pleasure, ma’am."

"Now go and gather your things Minhyuk-ah." Moonbyul put the boy down and he start to gather his crayon and books before putting it into his backpack. Both of the adults watched him fondly before he make his way back to Moonbyul. Yongsun crouched down and give his drawing homework back to him.

"See you tomorrow, Minhyuk-ah. Rest well." Yongsun patted his hair before standing up.

"C'mon Hyuk, what do you say to Kim-ssaem?" Moonbyul urged the shy boy to bid his farewell to the teacher.

"See you tomorrow, Yongsun-ssaem." The boy grinned widely until his nose scrunched up. Yongsun feels her heart is melting at the adorable sight. She smiled back and waved to the 5 year old boy. Moonbyul muttered a little 'thanks' and 'see you' before tugging gently at the boy to her car. Yongsun escorted them until the entrance and watched the rover gone from the sight.

Yongsun let out a big breath she didn't know she's holding until now. She gained one more super adorable student and the fact that his mother is super hot also doesn't hurt. Oh how she love this job.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonbyul’s residence

Back in her home, Moonbyul let out a big satisfied sigh after chugging down her can of beer. A can of beer after hot shower is the best. She lied down on the couch and the comfort after a long day at work almost made her fell asleep right there, until Minhyuk throw himself in and hug Moonbyul.

"Oommf! Yaah, Minhyuk-ah, mom is dying. When do you gain so much weight?" She tickled her son, the boy giggled loudly and squirming above her.

"Mooooooommmm!!! Stooooopppp!!" Moonbyul didn't go easy with him though. After two minutes full of laughter and screaming, Moonbyul kissed her son head.

"Do you like your new school, Hyuk-ah?"

"Uhm! The lunch is great and they teach cool stuffs like making car from origami! Plus the teachers are really kind, especially Yong-ssaem!"

The name piqued Moonbyul's interest. The pink haired teacher do look really kind and nice. This statement doesn't all come from the brief interaction they had this evening, although that plays a big role too. But the big impression Kim Yongsun left for Moonbyul was before she knock that door to pick Minhyuk. Moonbyul saw how gentle the teacher's gaze at her son, it's full of adoration and love. She'll lie if that doesn't made her heart jump a bit, and she have to acknowledge that the pink haired teacher is very beautiful. Plump cheeks, adorable wide smile, shining eyes and Moonbyul can go on with the compliment. Picking up Minhyuk is something that she looking forward everyday because that means she's free from work and spending time with her most precious person in the world.

"....moooommmm, are you listening to me?" The boy whines when he noticed his mother spacing out and doesn't listen to him anymore. Moonbyul smiled and pinched Minhyuk's cheek lovingly.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"I said today Eunkwang invited me to play soccer, and then..."

.

.

Looks like she has something that she will looking forward when she pick up Minhyuk tomorrow, and that is certainly related to the pink haired teacher. For now, listening to her son babbling about his day is her source of happiness.