oo1. Her Death God

Her Death God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


EXO - The Eve

 

Chapter One

“Thank you so much, Ha Eun, for helping me. Now, hide. A Death God is coming and he can’t see you.” One of the souls I can see keeps on crying while holding onto a Polaroid picture of her and her little sister. I just helped another soul accomplish something before a Death God could take her.

I helped her spend one last moment with her one and only little sister.

With a heavy heart, I smile and slowly walk away until I hear that familiar bell echoing on the street, “Be happy, okay? And you’re welcome.” I say with a soft voice and quickly hide behind a wall as the sound of the small bell becomes louder.

“Always take care, Ha Eun.”

The sound of the bell becomes louder and louder I could also feel how real death is coming closer. It suddenly feels colder.

My heart is beating loudly inside my chest as if it would burst any time. I place my hand over my chest in an attempt to hide any sound that a Death God could probably hear. I still don’t know what a Death God's abilities are.

My heart hurts too much. Seeing another go. Seeing another good soul go and knowing the earth loses another good person.

A Death God arrives to fetch the soul, “Kim Jin Yi, I came here to fetch you. You’ve been roaming for quite a while now.” He says.

I can hear every word he is saying and I keep quiet until the voice fades along with the sound of the small bell, signaling the Death God has already left. I wait a couple of more seconds to make sure they are gone for sure.

I step out from my hiding place and pick the Polaroid picture left on the ground. I look at it and the image of the soul that I just helped, disappears right in front of my eyes, making my heart sink.

If I die…will I really have to escape and hide from Death Gods too? I don’t want to leave my mother alone. Encountering and meeting all these souls made me think of that.

I walk closer to the house of the soul I just helped, slipping the Polaroid picture inside the mailbox where her sister lives. Not to scare her, but because I’m sure, she’ll also forget how she and her sister met a while ago. Death Gods leaves no trace.

I continue walking towards the nearest bus station and thoughts flood my head as a couple of souls continue to pass by me, on the busy street of Seoul. Lost souls in particular. They won’t know I see them unless I talk to them and make eye contact. No one else can see them, no one else can talk to them, but me. I stand at the bus stop, sitting on the bench as I wait.

“No, No, please I still need to do something!”

I frown, closing my eyes for a moment as I hear another lost soul behind me pleading with Death God not to take her just yet.

“You have to come with me.”

“No, I need to see my child! Please, just one more day!”

I keep on hearing these pleads every single day. Why me? Why only me?

I straighten myself up while clenching my fists, turning my head a little to see the Death God standing in front of the soul as she kneels and pleads for him to give her another day.

If you think I’m a typical girl, you’re wrong. I’m different from others, not physically nor mentally and emotionally, but I can actually see souls or human bodies possessed by these lost souls. I see these kind of scene every day.

I have had this ability ever since I was little and my mother told me to just treat this as a special ability and whenever I see one, I ignore them and just don’t disturb the souls on earth.

As long as these souls don’t hurt me or my mother, it’ll be fine.

For as long as I can remember, I can see missing or lost souls wherever I go. They are all nice souls who want to fulfill something first before leaving or before a Death God takes them.

I can’t remember how many times I told myself that this is going to be the last time I will help a lost soul fulfill something, since I promised my mom that I won’t get involved with them again, but I can’t help it when someone looks so desperate to do this one thing before he or she disappears.

I am the only one who can see and help them.

I also believe that, the reason as to why I am seeing them, is to help them fulfill their one last wish.

That’s my purpose.

I tried growing up normally even though my friends from before stays away from me. Whenever they –are catching- me talking to someone else they couldn’t see. But, there’s something else I could see besides from these souls…

The souls calls them Death Gods.

They aren’t really bad nor really nice. I haven’t seen or met one personally since they always tell me, that a Death God shouldn’t know a normal human could see them.

According to the souls I met, a Death God can’t see me. If one sees me, and know that I can see souls and Death Gods, they will take me and make me as their slave. A Death God could also kill me with one blink. I also can't look in their eyes, because they will be able to read my mind. Death Gods appears as a normal human to others, but when they are at their work, no one else can see them taking souls except me. And they have this small be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter