Conclusion

Exoplanet (Being Rewritten)

Exoplanet

Conclusion

___________________________________

Even though Baekhyun is now king of Sinseye, he passes the title off to Leeteuk so that he and Yixing can travel with the group. They move to Trost and meet the king in Rabnadam, who tells them that maybe the witch living in the marsh can help. The group of six search the Witch’s Marsh and eventually finds her, but she turns out to be an elf. She helps Tao give his power a little boost, and he finally manages to start using his power, although his control is still weak. The witch then directs them to Thesius.

The king of Thesius tells the six of them to help clear out the kelpie overpopulation in the Kelpie Wetlands if they want information on any possible Exo members. The group agrees, but while they’re clearing out some kelpies, one grabs Tao and drags him underwater and away from the others. Tao ends up being saved by Yifan, who had been sent to Thesius for reconnaissance. Luckily for Tao, Yifan does not see his mark, and the two part without exchanging names or anything.

After joining up with the others, they head back to Waterfell, where the king tells them of a pair of thieves in a village northwest of the capital. They head there and one of the restaurants that they eat in tries to charge them more money than they owe, but Jongin arrives and scolds the owner. He then steals Yixing’s bag of herbs that the healer brought with him from Sinseye, but the group does not realize it until Jongin is long gone. They go back to the restaurant and Baekhyun asks the bartender for Jongin’s residence, which the bartender reveals after Baekhyun hands over three pieces of gold.

The six of them head over to confront Jongin, but they meet Jongdae instead. It turns out that Jongin and Jongdae live with and take care of this old lady called Dahlia, who had taken them in when they were children. Jongdae offers a deal: they would a two-on-two fight. If Jongdae and Jongin won, they would keep Yixing’s medicine. If they lost, then they would return it. Chanyeol and Baekhyun take up the challenge.

Jongdae and Jongin end up winning, but they still return the medicine, saying that they only needed one kind of herb for Dahlia. Junmyeon tries to convince the two thieves to join the group, but Jongdae refuses for two reasons: he wants to look after Dahlia, and he hates the fact that his destiny was chosen for him. Jongin decides to stay with Jongdae.

After leaving Thesius, the group of six agrees to tackle the monster country Prigonia. They pass through the Swamp of the Fae to get to Heilmet, and the faeries take a liking to Baekhyun and befriend him. In Heilmet, the Prigonian king tells the group to search the outskirts of Prigonia since those villages tend to keep to themselves. Exo has a short skirmish with the werewolves of Werewolf Forest before arriving at a village at the base of the Vesuvian Mountain Range.

The villagers are unwelcoming to the group, saying that their powers are signs of evil and abnormality. They chase the six into the mountains, and Exo ends up hiding and getting lost in a maze of tunnels. The group gets separated from each other, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol run into Kyungsoo, who threatens to kill Baekhyun unless Chanyeol took his companions out the cave.

After much convincing and pleading, Kyungsoo believes that the group isn’t here to hurt him, and he lets Baekhyun go. By this time, the others have found Baekhyun and Chanyeol, and they worry about how to leave the cave without being seen by the villagers camping the base of the mountain. Kyungsoo states that they could simply walk out if they wanted.

He takes the lead and the group of seven walks out of the cave. They are immediately assaulted with spears and arrows from the hostile Prigonian villagers, but Kyungsoo summons stone walls to block the weapons. He then intimidates the villagers into running away, and they head back to Heilmet, where they get word that Moltuvian forces are gathering near Cassius.

Deciding to forego searching for the last member for now, Exo heads towards Cassius. As they are almost about to cross the border, Jongin appears out of nowhere and falls onto Kyungsoo, resulting in a small scuffle. Once everyone is calmed down, Jongin reveals that Moltuva attacked Thesius shortly after the group left. Jongdae has been captured by the enemy, and Dahlia was murdered. The group of now eight people continue on their path to Cassius.

Not long after they settle in the desert, the Moltuvian army invades. The undead and the Cassian army clash, and Exo joins the fight to help Cassius. However, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo are hindered by the desert: Junmyeon because there is barely any water, and Kyungsoo because the grains of sand don’t provide much protection against attacks. Cassius is slowly losing the fight when Yifan swoops overhead and incinerates a good portion of the army.

Towards the end of the fight, Yifan finds Tao and is about to kill him but hesitates when he recognizes Tao from Thesius. Junmyeon pleads with Yifan to let Tao go, to which Yifan asks if Tao is part of the prophecy. It almost appears as though Yifan is going to release Tao, but Baekhyun stumbles on the scene and instinctively attacks Yifan. Enraged, Yifan strikes back and takes Tao to the Moltuvian castle. There, Tao is imprisoned in the dungeon with Jongdae.

Minseok sends them food and water, and he calls Jongdae “Thunder Boy” while Jongdae calls him “Frosty.” A few days pass before reports come in, saying that the other Exo members are attacking Moltuva. Luhan, Baekhyun, and Jongin arrive in the dungeons to break Jongdae and Tao out. However, before Jongin can teleport them out, Minseok freezes him. Jongin does manage to escape in the end, but every other member, with the exceptions of Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, are captured.

The prisoners are brought before the king, and it is finally revealed that Minseok and Yifan are helping the enemy because the king has Yifan’s sister and Minseok’s mother captive and threatens to kill them if Minseok and Yifan do not obey him. However, Yixing reveals that the sister and the mother are both already dead. The revelation causes Yifan and Minseok to rebel against the king, but their efforts are squashed by the king’s necromancy and the brute force of the orcish army. Yifan takes an arrow to the shoulder and falls from the tower, and Minseok encases himself in a protective layer of ice after receiving several wounds. The rest of Exo is sent back to the dungeons.

It isn’t long before they’re brought before the king again, and this time, the king tortures Yixing to the brink of death. As the king presses a red-hot poker onto Yixing’s skin, Tao notices someone unscrewing the black chandelier above the king’s head. The chandelier falls, but the king manages to move out of the way in time, and Yixing is teleported away by Jongin. Within the next second, something heavy crashes into the side of the tower, and the stone wall is torn down to reveal Yifan with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol on his back.

While Kyungsoo tackles the Moltuvian king, Yifan attacks the orcs that were in the room. Chanyeol and the stranger who dropped the chandelier go around freeing the other Exo members, and Jongin starts teleporting the injured members out of the castle. When they start trying to thaw out Minseok, the king casts a curse on Kyungsoo, which renders the latter unconscious. He then attacks Chanyeol, grabbing onto the fire user’s wrist. Luhan pushes the king away and Jongin teleports Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Minseok away. Luhan, Tao, and Junmyeon escape on Yifan’s back. They arrive in a forest in the southern tip of Atheria, and the stranger who helped them introduces himself as Sehun and confesses that he had been following the group since they left Sinseye.

Sehun leads the group to find the elves, who take the group in and treat their wounds. Yixing and Kyungsoo show no signs of waking up, so they are kept in the medical bay. The others meet the elven queen, Galamacia, after they get settled in. As time passes, Chanyeol gets more irritable, and after he loses his patience with Baekhyun, the elves examine him and find out that he had been cursed, and the curse was preventing him from using his power, resulting in a build-up of magic in his system. They set to work to break the curse.

The Atherian king pays the elves a visit, and while he welcomes most of the Exo members, he shuns Yifan and Minseok, calling them unworthy of being a part of the prophecy because they served the enemy. Some of the Exo members try to defend Yifan and Minseok, but the king refuses to let up. In the end, Galamacia orders the king to leave.

In the time Exo spends with the elves, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Yixing make full recoveries. They forgive Yifan and Minseok, and the twelve grow closer as they train together under the elves’ guidance. Meanwhile, the Moltuvian king resurrects a Moltuvian war general who died twelve years ago as well a Behemoth, which is a natural predator of dragons. They conquer the eastern half of Prigonia and set out for Atheria.

The elves and the Atherian army clash in battle with the Moltuvian army. The resurrected war general confronts Sehun, who is responsible for killing him twelve years ago. The Behemoth attacks Yifan and Tao, and they lure it away from the rest of the army. At this point, Tao has better control of his power, so he puts the Behemoth through a time loop while Yifan attacks. They barely manage to defeat the Behemoth, but Yifan is severely wounded around his neck and has a broken wing. He and Tao spiral out of the sky, but Yifan protects Tao from the impact of the fall.

When Tao wakes up, the other Exo members drag him out from underneath Yifan’s body. They refuse to let him see Yifan, and that makes Tao realize that Yifan is dead. Kyungsoo has to knock Tao out so that Luhan can lift Yifan’s body back to the elves. They hold a ceremony for him, and the next day, Galamacia shoos away the Atherian king, who came to spit on Yifan’s grave.

Barely a few days later, Moltuva is back, and this time, Galamacia sends the remaining eleven members of Exo out of Atheria. They head west past Dalgu and into Sinseye. Leeteuk wholeheartedly welcomes them back passes them the news that Atheria has fallen to Moltuva. Shortly after arriving in Sinseye, Tao has a vision of Luhan’s death.

In Sinseye, Exo prepares to fight back against Moltuva. Leeteuk sends ambassadors to Trost, Prigonia, Halwen, and Dalgu. Only Trost and Prigonia respond since Moltuva attacks and destroys Halwen and Dalgu. Several days later, word arrives from Prigonia that Moltuva is attacking. Leeteuk decides to send a few Exo members over, and he picks Luhan, Kyungsoo, Jongdae, and Jongin. Sehun tries to switch places with Luhan, fearing that Tao’s vision would come true. However, he ends up in an argument with Luhan that leaves both of them hurt and angry. As a result, Sehun refuses to see the group off as the four leave to support Prigonia.

That night, Tao is woken by Baekhyun, who says that the four are back, but judging by the latter’s expression, there is something wrong. Tao follows Baekhyun into the throne room, where Luhan’s lifeless body is laid out on a table. Jongdae says that Luhan’s murderer was the resurrected war general, and Junmyeon frets over how they’re going to break it to Sehun. Right after he says that, Sehun arrives and sees Luhan. As he begins to break down, Sehun asks to be left alone, and the rest of Exo and Leeteuk reluctantly leave the room.

Prigonia is lost to Moltuva, but part of the Prigonian army and the king managed to escape the slaughter. Surviving elves and Atherians are also in Sinseye, and the country’s resources are strained. Trost agrees to take half of the survivors in to help alleviate the stress on Sinseye. Kyungsoo and Minseok help both countries fortify their borders, Baekhyun and Yixing help plan traps in Sinseye, and Jongin and Chanyeol start evacuating citizens out to sea. Junmyeon, Jongdae, Tao, and Sehun go to Rabnadam to help the Trostian army prepare for war.

While in Trost, Sehun approaches Tao and talks about what they should do after the war. Tao doesn’t know what he wants once everything’s over, so Sehun talks about leaving the land and traveling over the sea. He says that he needs a break from the entire prophecy thing and just wants to be Sehun instead of the wind warrior. He then asks Tao if the latter would like to leave with him, and Tao says that he wants to consider it.

The final battle is actually short and decisive. The combined Sinsinian, Trostian, Atherian, Prigonian, and Elven armies fight against the Moltuvian army with the help of Exo. Sehun and the resurrected war general face off, and with the motivation of Luhan’s death, Sehun defeats the general using the same method that he used twelve years ago: slicing the war general into strips with blades of wind.

While Sehun fights his archenemy for the last time, Junmyeon, Minseok, and Tao battle against the Moltuvian king. During the fight, Minseok is incapacitated, and Tao is almost killed, but Junmyeon manages to sneak up behind the king and decapitate him, therefore ending the war. Sometime after recovery efforts are started, Tao approaches Sehun and says that he wants to leave with the latter.

However, the destruction of the Moltuvian king expelled a sickness that afflicted the survivors of the war. Tao then has more visions of Junmyeon crying, where the Exo leader is saying, “You left without telling me anything.” Then, Tao has a vision of Yixing sneaking out of the castle at dawn. Putting two and two together, Tao approaches Yixing and tells the healer that it would be best to speak to Junmyeon before leaving Fluor.

Yixing decides to take Tao’s advice and he talks to Junmyeon about the only way to cure the rampant disease and bring the Planet back to life. Junmyeon ends up leaving with Yixing, and the two go to the withered Tree of Life in Atheria. There, Yixing sits next to the Tree, giving it his life energy so that the Tree and the Planet may live again. When Junmyeon returns to Fluor the next day, the Tree is revived, the sickness is cured, but Yixing is dead.

Five years later, Junmyeon is the new king of Moltuva, Jongin and Kyungsoo are in Prigonia chasing off the last of the orcs, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are kings of the newborn Leilan, and Minseok and Jongdae are traveling from country to country. One day, Baekhyun visits Junmyeon in Moltuva, bringing news of Kyungsoo’s death, to which Junmyeon replied that he knew. Baekhyun then brings up the disappearances of Sehun and Tao, talks about how those two probably had the right idea to leave when they did, and ultimately tells Junmyeon that Jongin is planning to leave as well, and that Jongdae, Minseok, Chanyeol, and himself have agreed to go with Jongin. He invites Junmyeon to come with them and states that their jobs with the countries were done the moment Yixing died. After Baekhyun leaves, Junmyeon contemplates the offer and accepts, leaving the kingship of Moltuva to his advisor.

One hundred and fifty years afterward, Exo members are reincarnated as normal humans by the Planet to give them a chance at leading the lives they always wanted to have. A teenage Tao meets Yifan, who is traveling with his father. The latter shows Tao a mysterious egg and claims that it’s a dragon egg, foreshadowing the return of dragons to the land.


A/N: So this is pretty much everything I had in mind for this plan. If you have anything you want to clarify or any details you're curious about, feel free to leave a comment below. I did leave some stuff out since this was supposed to be a summary.

All that's left now is the link for the rewrite. I should definitely be able to start the first chapter on Monday since I return to my dorm that day and most of my notes for the old plan are there. It shouldn't take too long, but my schedule for this semester is pretty awful :/

Lastly, I'd like to thank all of you for supporting me this far and for your future support. I'm really glad to have you guys around (some of you write really funny comments lol). Thanks again, have a nice day, and I'll see you guys next time with the link to the rewrite!