News for Exoplanet

Exoplanet (Being Rewritten)

Hey, guys. How are you all doing? I hope the new year is treating you well so far. I’m sorry that this isn’t a chapter that you guys have probably been waiting for, but I bring news about this story, and after stressing over how I was going to tell you guys for a couple days, I decided to just say it.

I’m rewriting Exoplanet.

Hear me out. When I first came up with Exoplanet, the plotline was completely different. Let’s call that the old plot. I did some planning for the old plot, and I liked what I came up with. It’s still a fantasy/adventure MAMA AU, but there were differences in the setting, the background, and pretty much everything else. However, I still liked the old plot a lot, and I really looked forward to writing it.

But one day, I suddenly thought that the old plot wasn’t good enough, and I came up with the plotline for the Exoplanet you guys know. Let’s call this the new plot. Honestly, I don’t even remember why I decided to change the story or why I grew to dislike the original idea I had. After writing more than ten chapters for this, I feel like this isn’t what I thought it would be. I always feel like there is something lacking with this story, and the fact that I don’t have a plan for this plotline (yeah, I’ve been winging it the entire time lol) only solidified the feeling that what I’m writing isn’t good enough.

The more I think about the new plot, the more I’m unsatisfied with it. I’m going to list a few problems here:

                -This story is mostly in Tao’s POV, so it would make sense for Taoris to be the main pairing here. However, with the way the story is currently heading, Taoris will barely have time to develop before the story ends.

                -I always have a feeling of paranoia that I’m leaving out some important detail, and I won’t know I left it out until the story is already finished.

                -This story takes place in a medieval setting, but writing stories in which I need to do a lot of research to get it to be as accurate as possible was never my forte.

 

I’m not giving up this story completely! I repeat, I’M NOT GIVING UP THIS STORY COMPLETELY! I’m merely going to rewrite with the old plot. I’m leaving this version up, and I will probably write a chapter that tells what I had in mind for this. Aside from that, I’ll also put up a link to the rewrite as soon as I finish the first chapter, but other than that, there will be no more updates for this story.

Again, I’m sorry to put you guys through this when many of you were already invested in this story, but please let me be selfish and ask you to support me and my decision.

For those who have stuck with me throughout this, thank you so much. To my two friends who supported me on this decision, thank you, too. I hope I will see you all in my rewrite.

See you guys around,
xAoneko