✓ Chapter Six.

Sinful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon's POV

We watch the sky turn to an orange hue from bright yellow, holding each other, and talking about everything and anything. Our sin is fragile, in the next minute it could go away, so we hold onto it as if we would fade away at any moment.

"What was the most painful experience you've been through?", Momo is laying in front of me facing the view, she's admiring how our fingers fit perfectly together, "for me ... is when my father passed away".

I hate talking about this ... but if it's her ... I will try, "losing a parent isn't easy ... especially the ones we are close to", I held onto her hand tighter, "I was next to my mom when she passed. I was 21 ... I saw her struggling ... she was dying, taking her last breath, and I couldn't do anything to ease the pain for her ...".

I promised her I would be strong for her ... for the family ... but I needed her still. I will always need her. Momo turns around to face me, she caressed my cheeks. I lean into her hands, she feels so warm and soft. I look into her eyes ... she looks so sad. I smile at her, "Everything's okay, it's what's best for her, I wouldn't want her to suffer any longer. Death is apart of life".

"I didn't know how mature you are ... optimistic even".

I playfully winked at her making her laugh. Her phone rang, she looks at it and frowns.

"Is it him?", father's probably looking for us ... well her probably. She nods at me, "answer it, I'll wait in the car". I sit on the driver side, gripping the steering wheel as I watch her talk to my father. The call is short, she comes in to sit next to me. She sighs and starts to explain herself.

"He tells me we have an invitation tonight ... we as in him and I"

"Then I'll drive you home", I turn on the engine, my hands reach for the gear shift when I feel her hand on mine.

"Don't be mad".

She can see right through me can't see?, I smile at her, "I'll do my best".

Yoo's Manor

We made it home and I drop her off at the front door. I didn't want to see my father, or to be exact, my father and Momo together. I decided to hang out for a bit, but I receive a message from my dad. He sent me Mina's number and told me to go see her at her dance school. I almost decided to disobey him again, but if I did ... I might not be able to see Momo again. Fu- dilemma. My mind made itself up and I start to drive to see Mina. I would like to convince her I care about her too, I need to push away the suspicion.

Mina's Dance School

Damn, this is a prestigious dance school. One of the best in Seoul actually. I didn't realize Mina is THAT good. I park the car and walk inside. I earn weird stares walking in. I do not look like I belong here, with my daze walk to where I should be heading. I realize people were wearing well mostly work out or loose clothing to dance in. I mean it is a dance school. While I'm here wearing a bomber jacket with a black fitted shirt, skinny ripped jeans, and doc martens. I'd probably imagine it's uncomfortable to dance in. I got sick of looking like a lost kid, so I decided to ask a guy.

"Hey, do you know Myoui Mina? She's a ballet dancer here, if you do, can you tell me where she is?"

As soon as I said her name, his eyes shined, is Mina a prodigy here or something? ... "Of course! Everyone knows her!", tone down your excitement young man ... jeez, "she's on the second floor, practice room number 3".

"Thanks, dude". I walk up the stairs to the second floor, passing many dance practice rooms. People dancing in them and different genre of music fills the corridors. I see room 3 and peak through the door window. I see Mina, wearing a long white skirt and a rose jacket. She's dancing alone to a black swan song. The way she moves makes my jaw drop, they were so elegant and classy. She enjoys dancing very much, I can tell by her smiling in her whole routine. I'm too mesmerize to walk in, I just keep standing outside the door. She stops and stares right at me. SH- I should walk in. I sheepishly walk into the room.

"You uh ... dance well", scratching the imaginary itch on my nape.

"Thank you", her blushing face is adorable and her voice is low and soft ... it suits her personality.

"It's dinner time, I thought you'd like to grab something to eat before heading home".

"Eh? Really?! I didn't realize the time. Nae sure".

"I'll wait for you in the car ... I have the red Camaro", I wink at her making her blush even more. I wait for her in the car while singing along to music, until I see her walking through the front doors, wearing jeans and a red shirt. Even without showing a lot of skin ... she's still can turn a lot of heads. I drove silently to the restaurant. It's awkward between us.

"My father is coming from Japan in a few days".

"Oh ... okay", why is this useful information to me again? ... "For the engagement", OH ... RIGHT, I briefly forgot.

"Oh ... nae nae"

"I hope ... I won't be burdensome to you".

"Huh? Why?

"I- ... I mean we don't really know each other, and please don't be offended when I say you don't look like the type who likes commitment ..."

"None taken, and you're right. But it's what our parents want, what can we do about right?", I briefly look at her, she looks ... like she's contemplating something? And sad ...

"Nae, for our parents". I focus on the road and listen to the music playing on the radio. We didn't try to open anymore conversation after that. There were times when I forgot she was with me in the car. We arrive at the restaurant near the Han River. The restaurant is about two storey high building, there is a balcony section looking at out the river. We sit at the table, facing each other. I chose my favorite plate.

"I don't know much about Korean food, it is alright if you order for me?", she closes the menu.

"Sure", I shrug my shoulders and ordered some dishes with ddeokboki. I guess this is where I should AT LEAST converse with her, "So you studied art overseas?"

"Nae, Paris", she smiles, but not the gummy smile I often see her with.

"Ahh ... the city of love", she blushes at me and smiles shyly. I'm not used to shy girls ... usually, they're the ones who make the effort to talk to me. So this is awkward ... but I'm getting used to her.

"So ... what's the reason you don't work Yoo Jeongyeon?", I spluttered some of my drink, nobody has asked me the reason why they usually judge me immediately when they hear I don't have a job.

I apologize for my ... inappropriate eating etiquette to her before I speak, "I don't like getting stressed or work for money. Kind of set on that money situation you know? ... I just graduated that's mostly why I want some time to relax a bit before you know? Becoming an adult. But I'll soon work at my father's company".

She laughs at my explanation and shook her head, "you are quite interesting miss Yoo".

"I know", I wink again at her.

Throughout dinner, we had light conversations about travel, dance, her life in Japan. It was actually nice. We finish dinner and I drive us back to the mansion.

Yoo's Manor

I open the door for her to the mansion, then I see suitcases littered all over the foyer. What the fu- CHAEYOUNG!. I ran up the stairs and left Mina.

"SON CHAEYOUNG!", I see her carrying Jiwoo.

"JEONGYEON!", she hands Jiwoo back to Seungyeon and ran to me. I hugged her tight and jumped around the hallway.

"You cut your hair!", ruffling her hair while she laughs, "you look like a mini-ME!". She rolls her eyes at me, I can't help but hug her again. She has always wanted to be like me, it was nice having a little sister who looks up to you. She's adorable and annoying, sometimes.

"Hey! They told me you have a fiance now! I'm excited to meet her!" oh yeah Mina ... I look behind me, she's not there. I guess I kind of left her downstairs. I walk towards the stairs and I see her walking up. I met her half-way and grab her hands.

"Come! And meet my cousin, Mina". What I didn't realize was Chaeyoung following me from behind, she stands at the top of the stairs.

Chaeyoung froze, her eyes wide and heart thumping. She can't grasp what she's seeing, Mina, her ex-girlfriend, who left her in Paris without a word or a letter, standing in front of her. Holding Jeongyeon's hands. Mina wasn't any better either when she looked up to see Chaeyoung wide-eyed. Mina's skin becomes paler than usual. She keeps staring at Chaeyoung's eyes. Mina curses her fate.

"CHAE! This is Mina", why is Chae just standing there? I pull Mina behind me to the top, "Mina, this is Chaeyoung! My cousin and my other half", I crush Chaeyoung with a side hug.

"Nic- ... nice to meet you, Mina, welcome to the family", Chaeyoung offers her hand to Mina. Mina looks hesitant? She's probably shy. They finally shook hands.

"Well I need a drink, all that yelling dries my throat", I pat Chaeyoung on the back and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

Chaeyoung kept eye contact with Mina, "funny seeing you here Mina".

"You cut your hair?"

A bittersweet smile left Chaeyoung, "glad you noticed".

"... Chaeyoung-", Mina steps forwards a bit towards Chaeyoung. Mina left things so abruptly that she didn't have the heart to tell Chaeyoung. She just packed up and left.

Chaeyoung closes her eyes, "let's talk later". She follows Jeongyeon downstairs, acting like she just didn't see the love of her life shipped off away from her and yet ... being so close. Chaeyoung and Mina join Jeongyeon and the rest of the family in the living room, with exceptions of Momo and father. Mina and Chaeyoung sit with Jeongyeon between them. It was easy trying to fake happy when most of the time Jeongyeon keep distracting Chaeyoung with non-stop talking.

"I'm tired, I think I'm ready for bed", Chaeyoung stretched. Well, she did just get off a ... what 10+ hours flight? Understandable. I wave at her and say goodnight.

"She lives here?", I forgot Mina is beside me. I never heard her voice that loud before, she wasn't shouting but it's loud enough for her to be considered shouting.

I turn to Mina and nod at her, "her room is downstairs ... my parents made her a room downstairs because there was no more room left upstairs", I don't know if I should disclose this to Mina, but she should know, "Chaeyoung's parents passed awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter