✓ Chapter Twenty Four.

Sinful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I told you the SaChaeng moment are separated from the Jeongmo/Jeongmi moment, it’s in a different timeline.

Chaeyoung’s POV

Seoul

The best time of the year, Christmas. I love it so much. I’m spending it with Sana, walking around town. She’s fascinated by the decorated trees how they glow and the many different colored streets lights how they twinkled like the stars. I have to admit Seoul’s light show is amazing. Many families and couples walk around enjoying this one-time event of the year, wearing matching green and red clothing to match the atmosphere of the season. I’ve seen this countless of times, it’s become so mundane for me, but seeing it from her eyes, it makes everything so … magical.

“Let’s play rock, paper, scissors! The winner go up two steps and the loser stays put, we have to try to reach the top of the stairs”, Sana beams at me with her childish act.

I laugh, “where did you learn this from?”

She shrugged her shoulders, “drama … you leave me alone the whoooole day Chae … what am I supposed to do?”, she folds her arms up to her chest and pouts.

I feel kind of bad for her … I lost count on how many times she keeps asking if she could come to work with me and I keep saying no. I really don’t want to answer questions from my fellow co-workers, plus I don’t think it’s professional to bring my girlfriend around the office … not that I asked though. I kiss her pout away, “okay. Rock, paper, scissors!”.

I curse at my luck, she keeps winning! She bounces up the last step and smiles in victory, “Chaeyoung-ah!”, she made a big heart with her arms, “I love you~”.

I smile, I don’t feel like I’m losing at all. I keep staring at her loving eyes, wait … Wha- what happening? I ran up to her, she’s slowly disappearing. Starting from her feet up towards her torso. It’s been a while since she used her powers. She usually uses them to tease me, but I feel this is different. She keeps disappearing and reappearing, it’s as if she has no control over her powers. This can’t be happening, I can’t lose her. She’s glowing, like the first time I laid my eyes on her. I stare into her teary eyes and the sad smile. I want to caress her cheeks but I can’t touch her!

“Chae … I’m leaving”, I see a tear streak down her beautiful face.

“No … no Sana … why?! We- we’re not even near the mansion! You- you”, I can’t form words, the woman I’ve come to love is slowly disappearing in front of me.

“Chae … I- I can’t stay, I need to go back to where I came from …”, for someone who likes to talk … she seems reluctant to now.

“BUT YOU SAID YOU COULD!”

She shakes her head, “I’m sorry Chae for lying to you … but you and I both know … I’m not bound for this world … and I will never be”

“SANA!”, I don’t care I’m yelling out in public! Let them think I’m crazy! I don’t care!, “NO NO PLEASE DON’T GO!”

She smiles at me … one last time, “Goodbye Chaeyoung-ah … I love you, you’ll always know where to find me …”, then she’s gone.

I turn around, hoping she’s pop up behind me like she always does. Just like that?! She leaves, just like that?! Is this a prank?! Please let it be …

First Mina, now Sana. THIS ISN’T FAIR! Why am I destined to be alone?!

I walk to the nearest bar with heavy steps, the happiness in the air suddenly feels sour, the lights are too damn bright, and the joyous Christmas music is annoying.

“ all of this”, I slam my credit card on the bar.

“You’re not the first person to say that”, the bartender huffs and smile at my misery, he’s TRYING to cheer me up. Not working.

“Just keep it coming … thanks”

I drink … drink … drink … and drink. Until my head feels way too heavy to be supported by my neck. I lay my head on the table for some needed rest.

I feel someone poking me, “ma’am ma’am?”, oh it’s my friend! The bartender! “Let me call you a taxi, just give me an address”, I hand him my phone with the Yoo Manor address.

Yoo Manor

I don’t remember how I got here, but I’m here. I don’t want to be around everything that reminds me of … Sana.

“LASSST CHRISTMASS I GAVE YOU MY HEART!~”, it’s two in the morning, I shouldn’t be singing out loud. it.

Ever since Momo unnie left, , followed by Jonghyun’s death this family is a mess. I know Seungyeon, the kids, Uncle, and Taejun left for aunt Mirae’s farm. Jeongyeon is left behind to pick-up the pieces left by Jonghyun, so of course, her fiance stayed behind with her. I think I woke them up by my BRILLIANT entrance because I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. Huh? Only Mina?

“MINAA!”, I clapped loudly, “long time no seeeee~ how are you, my dear?!”, I laughed hysterically, Mina stands idly by, shocked to see me like this. I have never been drunk … well, that’s a lie … I mean I’ve never been THIS drunk.

“Chae, please stop shouting”, she helps and guides me to sit on my bed, “why are you here? Where’s-”

“Sana’s gone … just like everyone I ever loved”

“Wha- why?!”, she sits next to me, concern in her voice.

She won’t believe me if I tell her, it’s a waste of time to explain everything. I’m trying to keep my eyes open, but they’re just so heavy. Why is she still doing here anyway? … “do you even care about me, Mina?”, she frowns, “go back, Jeongyeon is waiting for you”, I move away from her as I feel tears start to flow down my cheeks. The pitter patter of rain can be heard on the window, “why is everything so dark Mina-ya?”, I cry.

I feel her hand on my nape, it’s so soothing, “don’t cry … it breaks my heart to see you like this Chae”.

I turn around to stare into her eyes, she doesn’t back away. I slowly lean in towards lips, they still feel the same as I remember them … heavenly. I close my eyes … then my body starts to be a little bit more aggressive. I tend to be more soft with Mina … I always am, but this is raw longing and possessiveness for her and her body. I push her body down on the bed and her naughty hands roam inside my shirt. We sinned. I’m sorry Jeongyeon … but she was mine first.

Morning

The sun’s rays enter Chaeyoung’s bedroom. Mina looks around the mess they made. Horror in her eyes as she sees Chaeyoung stir in her sleep. Mina did what she does best, run. She hastily wore her bedclothes and robe that was thrown on the floor last night.

“Mina …”, Chaeyoung is hit by a major hangover and still trying to recuperate from last night escapade.

“Later Chae!”, Mina rushes out the door.

This time Chaeyoung doesn’t sit still, she wears her outfit and runs out the door to her. She stops abruptly … she sees Jeongyeon wrapping Mina in her arms. She looks like she just got out the office, from her suit and tie intact, albeit messily.

“Mina-chan~ I’m tired … carry me?”, Jeongyeon pouts cutely as Mina, who just giggles at her fiance’s antics.

Jeongyeon opted to just wrap her hands around Mina’s waist as they ascend the stairs towards their bedroom. Jeongyeon’s delicate touches burn Mina’s skin … guilt rises up from her stomach to her chest, blaming herself with every step they take. Mina is trying her hardest not to show it to the oblivious Jeongyeon.

With Jeongyeon clean up and asleep, Mina left her to rest. She went down to the kitchen to grab somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter