✓ Chapter Twenty Five.

Sinful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person's POV

Yoo Manor

Chaeyoung is left alone in Seoul, she’s been a mess since her “last proclamation of love” with Mina. She’s chosen wine as her loyal companion for her lonely hours. Chaemin’s stock of wine is filled to the brim and hasn’t been touched for a while so Chaeyoung decided to raid it, plus her uncle wouldn’t mind anyway. She couldn’t find the wine opener anywhere in the entertainment room, Chaeyoung knows Jeongyeon has a swiss army knife that has one.

She went in Jeongyeon’s room, “where is that goddamn knife?”, she opened the drawer of Jeongyeon’s vanity, “FOUND IT!”.

Chaeyoung notices Momo’s unnies name on a piece of paper, she slowly grabs it out of curiosity. It was none other than Momo’s goodbye letter to Jeongyeon. Chaeyoung’s hands shake slowly as she reads it for the umpth time.

She clenches her fist, wrinkling the paper, “you ing ed up Yoo Jeongyeon”.

Everything is slowly unraveling.

 

Yoo Company

“Sir, we finished copying Mr. Jonghyun’s data you want”, Chaemin’s secretary hands him the laptop.

“Thank you”.

Chaemin may not like Jonghyun but he was still Seungyeon’s husband and his son-in-law. He didn’t want to deal with it personally, but there were sensitive files to certain eyes in the company Cheamin didn’t want them to see since he was closely related to the Yoo family, therefore, the company. As he was reviewing the files, he came across a folder he could not access. Every time Chaemin clicked on it, a pop-up password input is required. Every password he tried to think didn’t work. He dials one of his IT employees to solve this issue. One of them came up to his office immediately. Chaemin showed him the problem.

“Can you crack this?”

“Yes sir, but I need a few hours to do so. It seems very well encrypt-”.

“Ya ya okay okay, I don’t need to know the details, just get it done and bring it to me once you are”.

“Yes sir”.

The young man left, leaving Chaemin to ponder what kind of files needed to be protected from anyone but Jonghyun. His mind didn’t wonder long because there is too much to do on his desk. Chaemin left for meetings before coming back to his office with the IT guy waiting for him outside.

“I am able to bypass the encryption for you, sir, it wasn’t easy. I haven’t seen what are inside, I didn’t think it would be appropriate”, he bows to Chaemin before leaving.

Chaemin almost forgot about it, he wasn’t sure why his hands shake as he opens the remaining folder Jonghyun left. Slowly the dozens of files started to load. His breathing becomes heavy, hot air blew out. His heart throbs in his chest and his brow furrows at what he’s seeing.

“This- this … can’t be”.

He scrolls down to the dozens of photos of Jeongyeon and Momo.They were taken in Jeju, sharing many intimate moments between each other. Momo smiling wrapped in Jeongyeon’s arms as the latter spoke words into her ear, Momo cupping Jeongyeon’s face and staring at her lovingly by the docks, or when Jeongyeon shoving her tongue down Momo’s throat under the shade of hotel’s pool umbrella. With each click Chaemin’s eyes turn from baffled to livid. The photos stop and the last file was a written document named ‘Father’.

Chaemin opened it, “Father … I’m deeply sorry to show you your wife and beloved daughter’s true colors. You don’t deserve any of this. Momo is a cheater, she doesn’t deserve the love you give her. But I am deeply heartbroken to see Jeongyeon’s actions … especially when I know how much you hold her so dear to your heart. After trusting her with your hopes and dream she backstabs you. She never was thankful for the kind of care and love you give her. Does she seem like the kind of daughter you should put on a pedestal?”

Chaemin falls back in his chair, he massages his temple from the incoming headache. He gets up, clenches his fist and kicked his office chair. He screamed until his throat burned. His secretary rushes in with other employees from the floor. His office is in disarray, papers are strewn across the floor, and his chair tossed across the room.

“GET OUT!”, his employers scared of his state can only comply. He slammed his fist on the table next to the family picture he keeps by his desk, a laughing 18-year-old Jeongyeon can be seen with her arms around Cheamin’s shoulders with his belated wife next to him and Seungyeon, then pregnant with Jiwo, smiling at the camera for Jeongyeon’s graduation. He picks up the picture and stares at Jeongyeon’s face … no longer can he see her the way he did before all of this. He caresses his wife’s face, “I’m sorry my love … I’ve failed-”, Chaemin’s newfound strength cracked the frame, “no … she failed as our daughter”. He started at the laptop, slams it close and headed home. Ready to face his former daughter, Yoo Jeongyeon.

 

Yoo Manor

Chaeyoung’s glass clinks empty, she needs a refill. She walks out the room and found Chaemin sitting on the living room couch, a whiskey in hand, his jacket suit thrown on the floor, his tie messily loose around his neck, he looked a mess.

“Uncle?”, Chaeyoung steps inside to see if he’s alright.

“Chaeyoung-ah … please I’m really not in the mood-”.

Chaeyoung found the strength to stand her ground and show him how Momo is not all to blame, “Uncle, I have something to tell you … after mulling this over I can’t just let it go”

He finally stares at her, “What’s wrong, Chae?”

Chaeyoung noticed his lifeless eyes so heartbreaking, “I- I found this in Jeongyeon’s room”, she hands him the crumpled paper in her pant pocket.

He reads it silently and chuckles … “so you know huh?”

Chaeyoung did not expect this kind of reaction from him, “you- don’t seem surprised Uncle?”

“I just found out myself”, he nods towards the laptop laying on the table.

Chaeyoung tries to figure out her uncle’s discovery, but it doesn’t really matter since he knows now, “what- what are we going to do? We can’t sweep this under the rug … Mina needs to know about this … poor Mina loving Jeongyeon all for nothing …”

Chaemin forgot about Mina … he was too consumed in Jeongyeon’s actions that he didn’t even calculate in Mina in all of this, “I’m going to face Jeongyeon”.

Chaeyoung nods in agreement, “Yes Uncle”, in Chaeyoung’s mind all she think about is ‘now Mina can be mine’.

“I’m planning to go to Japan tomorrow, come with me Chae”

Chaeyoung nods to her uncle’s request. Chaemin gets up from his chair and pats Chaeyoung on the shoulder and walks off to his room.

 

Jeongyeon’s POV

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter