:19: "I don't know."

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was midnight; the eighth of August was now over with, and now it was time for life to continue on.

 

Yoongi lay in his bed, logging off of BTS’s Vlive account. BLACKPINK’s debut showcase was now over with, so Jennie should be calling him soon.

 

It’s been a while since the two had time to talk. For the past two months, Jennie has been preparing for her debut nonstop, meanwhile BTS’s fame is growing faster by the minute. BTS had to go to America for a few weeks for KCON, and they had some interviews over there as well.  It was easy to get back into the swing of things for Yoongi; if he’s being honest, promoting nonstop was quite refreshing for him. Living Jennie’s trainee life became mundane and repetitive; if it weren’t for Jennie being there by his side, the swap would have been complete hell for him.

 

He misses Jennie. And he knows that Jennie missed him too.

 

Both of them knew that it would be difficult to keep in touch, but they really are trying. Tonight will be the first night in a month they’ll be able to call one another, so it’s quite exciting for the both of them. Of course they can’t see one another in person; YG would definitely find out!

 

Anywho, just in case you didn’t catch it, BLACKPINK debuted literally four hours ago. It was strange to watch the music videos, because Yoongi knew what parts he recorded for Jennie, and then Jennie had parts she recorded when they switched back. It’s even weirder because Yoongi did the rap and vocals. Weird stuff.

 

BTS know nothing about Jennie. Yes, they know BLACKPINK is debuting, but they don’t know Yoongi and Jennie are currently trying to continue their relationship.

 

If Yoongi’s being honest… he knows that it won’t work out. But he’s going to try to make the best of their limited time. The time they spend together is already close to nonexistent, and this will dwindle even more when BLACKPINK becomes popular… and it’s obvious that they’ll be really popular.

 

Yoongi’s phone rang, a smile forming across his lips. It was surprising that Jennie decided to FaceTime him; she hates video chats.

 

“Hey there.” He smirked, seeing Jennie’s tired face pop up on his screen.

 

“Yo,” She replied; Yoongi chuckled, knowing that she was really excited, but her exhaustion was preventing her from showing any emotion.

 

Just seeing Jennie digitally made Yoongi happy; he can adjust to difficult situations, and for Jennie, he’ll do anything.

 

“I watched the showcase.”

 

Jennie grinned slightly, letting out a small yawn, “Did you like it?”

 

“It was over-dramatic, but nice. The songs are really good.”

 

“You’re making it seem like you had no idea what the songs sounded like.” Jennie said sarcastically. Even when she’s tired, she can still make snarky comments.

 

“The guys even watched it.”

 

Her eyes widened, “Really now? What did they think?”

 

“They liked it. Namjoon was really into it; so was Jungkook and Taehyung.”

 

“You know, I really,” She began to say.

 

“You really want to set her up with Jungkook, I know.” Yoongi cut her off.

 

The two didn’t speak for a few moments, neither of them knowing what to talk about. This usually doesn’t happen.

 

“How’s the new album coming?” Jennie asked somewhat awkwardly.

 

“Actually, it’s going really well. We’re going to each have a solo song on it.”

 

“Really? That’s interesting. What’s yours about?”

 

“Remember a while back I told you how that I wrote a song about loving the piano?”

 

Jennie chuckled, “Yeah, you told me that when we were trying to open up during the swap.”

 

“I’m using that song.”

 

The two don’t really talk about the swap itself anymore. They reference it sometimes, but they chose not to discuss the situation as a whole. They want to look towards the future, even though the swap was a big turning point in their lives; the swap is close to their hearts, but they know that they should continue on with their lives.

 

“I have to go in a few minutes.” Jennie told him.

 

“Yeah, I know…” Yoongi said quietly, “Do you know when we can talk next?”

 

Jennie disappeared from the camera for a few moments, then came back holding a planner. She flipped through, a frown slowly appearing on her face, “Well, for the next month I’m promoting nonstop. YG is actually putting us on variety shows and stuff, so we have little free time. He’s also having us do Vlives a lot to connect with fans; I mean, we wanted to do it in the first place, but he’s telling us that it’ll become a frequent process. I don’t know if it’s going to start for these songs or the next ones though.”

 

“You already have more songs ready?” Yoongi asked, surprised.

 

“No, but apparently we’re going to have eight before the year ends.”

 

“That must be exciting for you.”

 

“It really is. I like being busy.”

 

“I know,” Yoongi smiled softly.

 

“But, uh,” Jennie pursed her lips, continuing to flip through her planner, “I want to make time to see you.”

 

“That would be nice.”

 

“I don’t know when it’ll be though… One day I might just text you in hopes that you’re free.”

 

“Hopefully I will be. We’re starting to go to the studio a lot, so I can always skip one or two sessions for you.” Yoongi told her.

 

“Aw, so kind.” She said overdramatically.

 

Yoongi was silent for a few moments, realizing that, “Will we not be able to see each other in person next time you’re free?”

 

Jennie bit her lip, forgetting that she basically can’t go anywhere without asking her managers or YG. This is just because she debuted literally four hours ago; she’ll be able to go places without permission later, but for these first few months, she’s limited with her freedom.

 

“I-I don’t think so.” She replied, “I really want to though. Maybe I can sneak out?”

 

“No, don’t do that. I don’t want you getting in trouble.” Yoongi told her seriously.

 

She sighed, “But Yoongi, it’s going to be so long until,”

 

“We have awards shows at the end of the year. We can see each other then.”

 

“Oh, I forgot about that!”

 

Yoongi smiled at how excited Jennie sounded, “That’s something we can look forward to.”

 

“Alright, then it’s settled. We’ll sneak backstage at an awards show for some make-out time.”

 

“Roger that.”

 

There was a muffled yell on Jennie’s side of the call, Yoongi guessing that it was Jisoo looking for something that she lost. The yelling became louder and louder until Jennie’s bedroom door slammed open.

 

“What is it?” Jennie asked, turning to Jisoo.

 

“Our manager is going to be here in two minutes. You need to,” Jisoo looked at Jennie’s laptop screen, “Oh, hey Yoongi! It’s been a while!”

 

“Hey, Jisoo.” Yoongi said, upset that his time with Jennie got interrupted.

 

“How’s Hoseok?”

 

“He’s fine.”

 

“Great,” Jisoo turned back to Jennie, “You have to say goodbye before our manager sees you talking to Yoongi.”

 

Jennie groaned, “UGH fine.” Jisoo ran out of the room, Jennie looking back at her computer screen, “Well that .”

 

“Yeah. But we still have texting… even if it’s limited.” Yoongi replied.

 

“I’m really sorry about all of this.” Jennie apologized, sounding upset with herself.

 

“Jen, it’s fine. We’re both idols trying to make a relationship work. It’s going to be difficult.” He assured her. Jennie smiled, Yoongi not knowing why she was suddenly so happy, “You alright?”

 

“I’m an idol now.”

 

“Yes, you are. You have broken free from,”

 

“JENNIE!” Jisoo yelled in the background.

 

“Damn it.” Jennie grumbled.

 

“We’ll chat soon, okay?” Yoongi said.

 

“I’ll try to text you tomorrow.”

 

“Alright.”

 

“Love you~” Jennie said cutely.

 

“I love,” Yoongi started to reply, until he was cut off by Jennie’s door opening. Jennie slammed her laptop shut, Yoongi unable to finish his statement, “you.”

 

Well that . But it’s fine. Jennie said she’s going to try to text him tomorrow, and also there’s the awards shows!... Which are in four months.

 

Yoongi sighed, knowing that things can only go downhill from here.

 

 

“And the MMA award for best album goes to…” The announcer said, opening the envelope.

 

BTS sat there, knowing that they probably won’t win. But who cares? They got nominated for a daesang! That’s pretty exciting.

 

BTS was currently at the Melon Music Awards. So was BLACKPINK.

 

It’s been four months since Yoongi and Jennie could even talk on the phone. Jennie and Yoongi have been nonstop promoting. BLACKPINK came out with two more songs, while BTS came out with another album that just boosted their popularity even more.

 

Now BLACKPINK is starting to be recognized internationally, meanwhile BTS’s international popularity has gotten to the point where they’re getting offers for interviews and performances in America.

 

Jennie and Yoongi have been texting, but it hasn’t been that frequent. They both made sure to let each other know that they’ll be at the MMA’s, and they’re planning to meet up backstage after it all ends. BLACKPINK doesn’t have anything else to do after this, so it’ll be a perfect opportunity to meet up.

 

Well, BTS may have something to do; it all depends on if they win,

 

“BTS!”

 

Oh, well, uh, I guess BTS had a Vlive to do after the awards show then.

 

BTS looked at one another, not expecting for their name to be called.

 

“Wow, they won!” Jisoo exclaimed, the four girls clapping.

 

Jennie was beyond excited for Yoongi and BTS, but at the same time, she felt weary. Because of this, there’s a slim chance of her and Yoongi getting to see one another. But she can’t be selfish right now; Yoongi finally got a daesang award! Good for him!

 

Namjoon obviously gave the speech, he thanked the fans, expressing BTS’s gratitude for having such an amazing fanbase. Hoseok was tearing up, while Seokjin was starting to cry as well. Yoongi was keeping it together, which Jennie wasn’t surprised about.

 

“Are you seeing him after?” Jisoo whispered to Jennie, who nodded in response.

 

If Jennie’s being honest, it felt weird to see Yoongi standing up on stage. She hasn’t seen him in person since around June, and that was shortly after they swapped back. So this is the second time she’s seen him since they’ve gone back to normal. His hair was now jet black, which really suited him. She also knew he dyed it black because of how much he dyed it (which is partially her fault).

 

That night BLACKPINK also won the Best New Artist award. So that’s exciting a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter