:14: "Like, a date?"

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wow, would you look at that? I can actually play a full song!” Jennie exclaimed, playing the piano with a smile.

 

Yoongi chuckled, “Emphasis on one.”

 

“Thanks for ruining the moment. I was proud of myself!”

 

Jennie and Yoongi were currently at one of their bi-weekly meetings, and finally Jennie learned to play a full song on the piano.

 

It’s been nine months… and she learned one song.

 

If it helps, Yoongi’s English hasn’t improved as much as it could have. Well, he is getting better, but like I said, it’s been nine months. It could be better than it is now.

 

February has arrived; people scramble around flower shops looking for the perfect bouquet to give their loved ones for Valentine’s day, while many other couples are at cake stores looking for a wedding cake because it’s on Valentine’s day… it’s kind of basic.

 

But for single people, it’s a day of being bombarded by PDA from other couples, and seeing too much pink everywhere. It’s a constant reminder of the single life.

 

“So, are any of my members talking about Valentine’s day?” Yoongi asked curiously.

 

She nodded, “Yup. Namjoon is going out with his girlfriend, while Seokjin has a date as well. Taehyung and Jimin are going to watch corny romances together, while Jungkook,” Jennie thought about it for a few moments, “He never said what he’s going to do.”

 

“He’s probably going to sulk around that he’s single. His last girlfriend broke up with him on Valentine’s day.”

 

“Damn, that ,” Jennie said, “Hoseok said he’s going out.”

 

“He is?” Yoongi asked, surprised.

 

“Yup, he didn’t say what he’s doing… he just said he’s going somewhere.”

 

“He could be grocery shopping.”

 

Jennie chuckled, “Yes, he could be. What about my members?”

 

“Uhhh Chaeyoung said Valentine’s Day is stupid, while Lisa is going to watch dramas. Jisoo said she’s going to her favorite restaurant alone and getting her favorite meal.” Yoongi told her.

 

“Of course she is.”

 

Yoongi was quiet for a few moments, hoping that his next question didn’t freak Jennie out, “…What are you doing for Valentine’s Day.”

 

There was no response from Jennie at first, but Yoongi held back his frown once Jennie started to burst out laughing, “You really think I’m doing anything for Valentine’s Day? I’m a girl trapped inside a guy’s body; I don’t think men will fall for that.”

 

“Yah, I didn’t mean it like that,” Yoongi mumbled, “I just didn’t know if you were going to go shopping or something.”

 

Jennie could hear how Yoongi was slightly offended by her statement, not knowing why he would be, “I’m not planning on doing anything. I could convince Jimin,”

 

“No.”

 

“What?”

 

Yoongi glared at Jennie, “You’re not doing anything with Jimin.”

 

Jennie smirked, “What, are you jealous that I’ll find Jimin more fun than you?”

 

Yeah, he really is. He doesn’t want Jennie falling for Jimin!

 

“No, I just don’t want Jimin to be freaked out when you try to kiss him in my body.” Yoongi replied.

 

“Yah, I wouldn’t!”

 

“You so would.”

 

Yeah, Jennie really would. But for some reason, she hasn’t been that hung up on Jimin lately. She used to want to grab lunch with him frequently, but now that’d died down. She doesn’t know why, but she feels like she’s doing something wrong when she makes plans with Jimin.

 

“I could say the same for you and Lalisa.” Jennie replied with sass.

 

Yoongi scoffed, “As if.”

 

“That was a pretty girly thing to say.”

 

Pursing his lips, Yoongi held back a rude comment; honestly, it wasn’t that rude, because he doesn’t have anything mean to say to Jennie. He’s known her enough by now to know that when Jennie makes fun of him, it means that she’s bored.

 

And since it’s been nine months since they were swapped, obviously Yoongi knows Jennie pretty well by now. Maybe too well. For example, when Jennie crinkles her nose, she’s lying. When she fixes her hair, she’s uncomfortable. When she smiles genuinely, Yoongi sees her as the real Jennie, and she’s adorable. The simple things.

 

Jennie’s watched Yoongi shift in his seat, knowing that he wants to ask her something. This was the same gesture he did right before he suggested going to get hot chocolate. So, he’s probably going to ask,

 

“Well, should we do something for Valentine’s Day?” Yoongi suddenly spoke up.

 

Oh, she wasn’t expecting that question. She thought he was going to ask her to get more hot chocolate. Close enough.

 

An awkward silence ensued; Jennie’s thought process went straight to a romantic outing, which confused her. Why would Yoongi suddenly want to hang out on Valentine’s Day? The day for couples? Does he want to be part of a couple? Does Jennie?... Does Jennie like this idea?

 

“Like, a date?” Jennie asked.

 

Yoongi’s eyes widened, “Nononono, uh, I just meant,” Yoongi started going on to explain what he meant to say, while Jennie just observed his action, not listening to his fake story.

 

The way that Yoongi seemed so flustered about Jennie asking him if it’s a date… it was kind of cute to watch. Wait, NO Jennie, it was strange. Not cute. It was strange how he got so caught off-guard by it, not cute!

 

Jennie grinned, “I know you didn’t mean a date.”

 

“Okay,” Yoongi sighed with relief, “Good. Everyone else is doing stuff, so might as well hang out together.”

 

Yeahhhh surrreee, Yoongi totally doesn’t see it as a date.

 

And suuuuurrreee Jennie definitely doesn’t see it as a date, either.

 

“,” Jennie mumbled to herself, her mind starting to assume her feelings again.

 

“Are you alright?” Yoongi asked.

 

Jennie looked at up Yoongi and, OH GOD not again! Why does she keep seeing Yoongi as himself when she’s feeling all hot and bothered? No, she can’t be hot and bothered, because she isn’t into Yoongi!

 

And her vision went back to normal.

 

God, this is SO weird. This has been happening for a while now, and Jennie’s noticed that this happens when she finds herself gazing at Yoongi, or when they’re in a vulnerable moment together… But what’s the reasoning for it?

 

 

“So, is our plan coming together?” Jisoo asked, leaning back in her chair.

 

Hoseok stood in front of her, flashing a confused expression, “What plan?”

 

“The plan to see if our theory is correct!”

 

“Ohhh, right!” Hoseok replied, sitting down, “I think it’s going swimmingly.”

 

Hoseok and Jisoo were currently at a small convenience store late at night to discuss Yoongi and Jennie yet again.

 

Ever since they came up with their theory of how Jennie and Yoongi will switch back, they’ve been trying to find signs nonstop to see if they’re correct. And so far, it’s been going quite well~!

 

Jisoo had a gossip session with Jennie, and Jennie unknowingly admitted that she has seen Yoongi as himself once. Jisoo asked her when this was, and Jennie said “a month ago”. So, being the amazing detective Jisoo is, she figured out that this happened around the hot chocolate outing. Hoseok’s gotten information out of Yoongi as well, and it was basically the same secret that Jennie had, but OH BOY the other secret that came from Yoongi was quite juicy~!

 

Would you like to know what Yoongi told Hoseok? Well, I’ll tell you! Yoongi said, and I quote, “I don’t know, recently I’ve just been finding Jennie so captivating… I feel like I’m a better person when I’m around her, and that’s strange to me. I guess I’m getting my period again soon since I’m feeling this way.”

 

Alright, so his last sentence didn’t matter, but before WOW! Hoseok called Jisoo right after, and they started freaking out together. At least they have someone to share this revelation with.

 

“I told Yoongi that he should convince Jennie to do something with him on Valentine’s Day since all the BTS members do their own thing.” Hoseok told Jisoo.

 

“And I told Jennie the same thing! Oh my god!” She replied, the two squealing in unison.

 

“So we’re gonna follow them, right?”

 

“Well, duh, but every Valentine’s Day I go to my favorite restaurant, so I want to do that first.”

 

“…Alone?” Hoseok asked.

 

Jisoo nodded, “What, is that weird?”

 

“A little.” He said, “Ooh! I got an idea!”

 

“Do tell!”

 

“What if we go to the restaurant together to prepare for our stake-out, and then we can follow our friends right away!”

 

Jisoo gasped, “Oh my god, what a great idea! And since its Valentine’s Day, you can buy me dinner!”

 

He walked right into that one, didn’t he.

 

What, so these two are going to spy on Jennie and Yoongi? What’s the point? I get that they want to prove their theory as correct, but… how does this help?

 

Ah, whatever, it gives some good writing material, so they should go ahead with their plan.

 

 

Jennie looked at Yoongi’s reflection in the mirror, checking out her outfit choice for the day. Goddamn she picked a nice get-up for him. He looks really sophisticated yet casual at the same time! (Here’s the inspo)

 

Yoongi can honestly rock any outfit. And hair color. Speaking of hair, Jennie still hasn’t gone back to dying Yoongi’s hair dark. He told her that she’s going to kill his hair, and Jennie promised that this was the last of the dying.

 

She was wrong. It’s just so fun! And he looks great with light hair also. It gives him such a badass yet fluffy aura about him, Jennie can’t help but continue it.

 

Today is Valentine’s Day, which means Jennie will be frequently cringed out by the constant PDA done by couples and be bombarded with reminders that she’s terribly single. Well, it’s not like she can date or anything…she’s a guy right now.

 

Anyways, Yoongi told Jennie that she can pick the activity they’re going to do today. She’s actually pretty excited to explore with Yoongi, but at the same time, they have to sneak around a lot since Yoongi is an idol with a ton of fans.

 

Jennie shook her head, realizing that it sounds like they’re a couple who need to sneak around together just to spend time with one another. But they’re not! They’re just good friends who have swapped bodies, that’s all!

 

Jennie ruffled Yoongi’s hair, still checking out his reflection. Alright, if she keeps staring, it definitely means that,

 

“Hyung!” Someone swung Yoongi’s door open, scaring the out of Jennie.

 

She yelped, “Oh my god, you all have to stop doing that!”

 

Jimin entered the room, “Sorry hyung,” he stared at Jennie, noticing the suave outfit that Yoongi was wearing, “Are you going on a date?”

 

“No.” Jennie replied quickly.

 

“Then why are you dressed so nicely?”

 

“I’m not going on a date.”

 

“Yeah, keep telling yourself that. The last time you dressed up like that was when you were going to prop,” Jimin started to reply, but cut himself off.

 

Jennie froze in her place, starting to figure out what Jimin was about that say, “Finish that sentence.”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter