:17: "Happy?"

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“DAMN, you’re a wild woman!” Jisoo exclaimed, loving the gossip that was just thrown her way.

 

It was a few days after Jennie completely demolished Yujin. It was quite the scene. I’ve read it back a lot because of how savage it was. Anyways, Jennie is currently telling Jisoo, who will probably tell Hoseok right when Jennie leaves.

 

Yoongi has no idea.

 

Jennie wants to tell him, but she’s too nervous about what he’ll do. He’ll probably get pissed or just completely shut her out for a long period of time. Either way, it won’t be good. So, she’s trying to figure out the best way to go about telling him.

 

Tomorrow will be the one year anniversary since they’ve swapped, and Jennie definitely isn’t going to tell him then.

 

The two are planning to just walk around town, and then probably have a deep conversation about being swapped for so long. Either way, it’ll give a day that should be seen as really bad a fun twist to it.

 

“You’re such a savage Jennie. I would have never been able to do something like that!” Jisoo said.

 

“I try.” Jennie replied proudly. “I just don’t know how I’m going to tell Yoongi. He was so opposed to the idea of me talking to her, but low and behold… she’s not an issue anymore.”

 

“I think at first he’ll be angry, and then be fine with it. That’s how you handled it anyways… when he assaulted Hanbin.”

 

Jennie laughed, “Yah, he didn’t assault Hanbin!”

 

“He kind of did. A few days after he did it, I saw Hanbin with a black eye.” Jisoo told her, “He was pretty beat up.”

 

“Good riddance.”

 

“Anyways, you never know,” she grinned, “maybe Yoongi will repay you for your actions,” Jisoo said jokingly, winking at Jennie.

 

“Oh my god, that’s disgusting!”

 

“It’s technically not you, so if you made out with him,”

 

“First of all, that’s basically like making out with myself because it’s physically me, and second of all I’m not going to make out with Yoongi.” Jennie replied sternly.

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes, “Suuuuure you’re not. I can see it happening.”

 

“Unnie, Yoongi doesn’t even like me that way. I’m certain of it.”

 

“Hmmm okay, whatever you want to believe.” Jisoo grinned.

 

“He doesn’t!”

 

Jisoo didn’t press her further; like she and Hoseok promised each other, they are going to let Jennie and Yoongi figure out things for themselves. It would probably make things worse in their situation.

 

“So what are you two going to do tomorrow again?” Jisoo asked, grabbing a snack from the kitchen.

 

“We don’t really know yet. We’re just going to hang out. We’ll probably discuss our situation more though.”

 

“What more is there to discuss about it though?”

 

Jennie shrugged, “Well, we can talk about how surprised we are that it’s been a year since swapping.”

 

“Ohh, so you’ll reminisce?”

 

“Probably. It’s fun.”

 

“Do that thing where you look up towards the sky together, and the memories just start fading in; like those television shows do.” Jisoo suggested.

 

“I don’t think that can happen in real life.”

 

“If you try you can!” Hoseok exclaimed.

 

“Hoseok, two people can’t have the same daydream at the same time; it’s impossible.” Yoongi responded.

 

Oh, okay, I guess Yoongi and Hoseok are talking about the same thing.

 

“Well, what else are you going to do besides reminisce?”

 

Yoongi shrugged, “I don’t know… I want to go out to dinner though. For Valentine’s Day we only went out for ice cream and then I had an existential crisis.”

 

“Finding out that you’re in love with someone isn’t an existential crisis, hyung!”

 

“For me it is,” Yoongi mumbled.

 

It’s been a few months since Yoongi’s epiphany, and Hoseok still find how flustered Yoongi is by it all. It’s like one mention of Jennie makes him revert right back to his realization, making him stammer and be confused why he’s in love with her.

 

Hoseok and Jisoo have been watching these two like they were at the movies; each time Yoongi and Jennie did something, the other two would be following them with popcorn in hand, wanting to see if they’d confess their love for one another.

 

…They indeed have not confessed yet. It’s quite the romance movie.

 

Oh yeah, just a fun fact for you before I forget; Lawrence called Hoseok (remember Hoseok has been calling to make the appointment? It’s obvious that Lawrence has his number). He told Hoseok to not budge in on Jennie and Yoongi’s conversations, further proving that it’s best to do stake-outs. Also, he may have kind of confirmed Hoseok and Jisoo’s theory? He just said “Your theory… very interesting. I like it! It’s like a good romantic comedy but with some angsty moments! The perfect movie! Good sleuthing!”

 

So I don’t know if that’s necessarily confirming or not…

 

Anyways, let’s continue!

 

 

“That dinner was great.” Jennie said, holding a to-go box with leftovers.

 

Another timeskip! Wow!

 

It’s now the first anniversary of the swap! It’s strange to give this situation an anniversary date… Whatever, it’s cute.

 

So, the two went out to eat. Surprisingly Jennie was okay with this, but it’s probably because she knows that she’s in love with Yoongi. Before she didn’t want to go to a restaurant because she was having a crisis with her feelings, remember? Wow, it seems like Valentine’s Day was only a few chapters ago. Oh wait.

 

“I know, it really was. I’ve never been there before,” Yoongi replied, looking back at the restaurant, “I have to remember the name of this place so I can come back with the guys.”

 

With it being a year since the swap, it also means that it has been a year since Yoongi has seen all of BTS in person. Same with Jennie, but she hasn’t seen BLACKPINK. It’s been a year since Yoongi got to work on music one on one with Namjoon, while it’s been a year since Jennie and Lisa went out to walk Jennie’s dogs.

 

It’s been a year of missing their old lives.

 

Sure there are good things that came out of this; Jennie and Yoongi found someone that they really care about, they learned the hard life of another person, they understand one another more, they made new friends… but when/if they switch back, will all of this hard work that made them switch back just disappear? Yoongi won’t talk to the girls anymore, so there goes the new friends, Jennie and Yoongi will probably be too busy to see one another, so there goes all the other positive things that came out of this.

 

“How are the guys doing anyways?” Yoongi asked.

 

“They seem fine, but I think some of them are stressed out from all of the promoting.”

 

It’s only been a few days since BTS’s album has come out, but the gang has been performing and doing interviews nonstop because of it. Their popularity is growing rapidly overseas, and they’ve gotten some offers to perform on some talk shows also. Bang Si-Hyuk doesn’t think they’re ready to go over to America to do this, though.

 

“The rap you wrote is pretty good.” Yoongi said.

 

“Thanks, I’m not a fan of it.”

 

“Why?”

 

Jennie shrugged, “I mean, sure it fits with the song, but,”

 

“You felt like you had to sound like me?”

 

“Well obviously. I forgot how different our rapping styles are. So it was difficult to adjust.”

 

“It’s been a year and you’re still not used to it?” Yoongi asked, surprised.

 

“No, not like that. I can imitate it fine, but writing lyrics for you myself is the difficult part.” Jennie replied.

 

“Oh, I see.”

 

It does make sense. Jennie can act like Yoongi obviously, but actually starting from square one and writing lyrics for him is a whole different process.

 

The two walked to their usual location (it’s been seventeen chapters and I still don’t know what to call it), not knowing what else they should do. They haven’t really addressed the reason why they’re going out; all they’ve said was that they should do something since it’s an important date. Nothing else.

 

Okay, this is bothering me, so I MUST try to describe what the location looks like. It’s been too long! Here we go: so you know those stores that are on the corner of the street? The door is in the corner of the building, and they have a few steps leading up to it? That’s what it looks like. LIKE THIS.

 

Does that help? I hope so. Let’s continue!

 

“How about we go to the rooftop?” Yoongi suggested.

 

“We’re able to go to the rooftop? Don’t people live above this store?” Jennie asked.

 

“No, the whole place is abandoned. The family that owned it moved once it went out of business, and no one’s been occupying it since.”

 

“You should have moved in,” she joked.

 

“I’ve actually considered that.”

 

Jennie followed Yoongi as they went through the building. Although it has been a year, Jennie only stayed in the front room. But little did she know, there was an office, bathroom, and a stairwell in the way back.

 

You know, Yoongi’s never told the full story about this place. He’s dropped hints, but remember how he didn’t want to go into full detail about it? All Jennie knows about it is that it’s used to be a music store he frequently went to.

 

“Yoongi, can I ask you a question?” Jennie said as the two went up the stairs.

 

“Sure.”

 

“So did you come here when you were a child?”

 

“What, to this place?” Yoongi asked, Jennie nodding in response, “No, I came to Seoul in 2010. But after I moved here, I visited this place a lot.”

 

“How frequently,”

 

“Three times a week.”

 

“Did you know the family or something?”

 

Yoongi didn’t respond for a few minutes, because he was trying to find the key to the rooftop. He looked under the old doormats and other places it could have been hiding, but he couldn’t find it, “Damn. I guess we can’t go on the rooftop then.”

 

“Maybe it’s in the apartment?” Jennie suggested, leaning against the wall. And so, the two went down a few floors; the levels started at the music store, and then went up a floor that led to the apartment, then a few more flights to the rooftop. So there was a lot of climbing.

 

“I don’t know if it’s locked though,” Yoongi muttered, standing in front of the door. Jennie, being the impatient girl she is, stepped in front of Yoongi, opening the door.

 

“There you go, it’s unlocked.” She entered the apartment, surprised of the amount of space. Sure it was still small, but it was still bigger than the store itself.

 

The apartment was completely empty besides the kitchen counters and cabinets. Yoongi and Jennie walked around, looking for where the key could have been. Well, Jennie was looking for it more than Yoongi. He was currently just walking aimlessly around the apartment. It was clear that no one has lived in it for a few years. Dust was starting to collect in certain areas, the light switches didn’t work… it was the definition of an abandoned place.

 

“My mother introduced me to the family when I moved here,” Yoongi randomly stated, playing with the light switch. Jennie turned to him, surprised that he actually answered her question, “She knew that I needed an escape from the training I was about to embark on, so she found the most secluded music store in Seoul. So I came here a month or two after I moved in. A family of four owned it, and they were really nice people. The man’s father owned it, and apparently the store was passed down for a few generations. Not many people came, and that’s why I liked it. I could play the piano when I wanted, and the couple’s kids would listen to me play. I guess you could say that I was part of their family in some way.”

 

Jennie saw Yoongi’s expression turn darker, “What happened?”

 

He sighed, walking up to the window across the room. Peeking his head out, he watched the small amount of people who walked by, “Business didn’t do well. They were surprisingly fine with that because business was never booming. But, uh, there was a passing in the family… they realized that they wouldn’t be able to run the store that kept reminding them of their lost child. And so, they left the store. They left Seoul entirely and moved to Busan I’m pretty sure. They told me that I can still visit here because they’re leaving the instruments behind. So, here I am.”

 

“Damn.” Jennie mumbled, not expecting that sad of a story.

 

Yoongi finally found th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter