A dark night

Strong Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The night before sleepover"

It was a dark night. The smell of alcohol is surrounding the area. The place is small and dirty. Mr Kang entered the room and the familiar worker waved at him, maybe laughed at him behind his back. This is the place that made him penniless, but every night he can't help but not to come back in this place. This place attracts him like a magnet. He sat down in a table with three other men. Those men gave him a dirty look, that doesn't make him scared. He is used to this.

"You didn't find any other place to sit in, you er?"

"Hey! I didn't come here to borrow? I have money!" Mr Kang patted his pocket. He successfully snatched the money his wife brought home today.

"If you start to pay your debt there wouldn't be anything left."

"Hey, come on! Don't do like this. I told you I will pay you back. I feel good today. Start a round, I am sure to take all your money."

Other three men snickered. "Let's see. If you can't pay us back today you won't be able to go back home."

First round went like this. At first Mr Kang won, but soon he became greedy for more. More round went, more alcohol entered his system, his money started to fly. After the last card the other three smirked.

"Hand me over the money, old ."

"Hey I don't have any more. I promise I will give you tomorrow."

"That's not what you said." The man nodded at someone. A man with dark suit entered the room.

"Hello, Mr Kang."

Mr Kang was too drunk to look at the man. Moreover he was afraid, he was not sure if these men will let him live today or not. He just nodded his head.

"I heard you haven't been able to pay your debt for a long time. I don't like people like you. So where should I start? Should I chop off your hand first? Or should I start with your leg?"

"No, no. Please give me some time. I promise I will pay you back."

"I am sure we have given you more than enough time."

"Please give me some more days."

"I am afraid that's not possible. But I might have a offer for you."

"I will do anything. Please don't kill me!"

"I heard you have a beautiful wife. Why don't you hand us over her. Then we will consider your debt to be paid. And if you sign this paper we will give you some allowance too."

"I will sign. You can do whatever you want."

"That easily? You won't even fight for your wife? Don't want to know what's written in this paper?"

"That woman is not that much worth to me. If you give me money I will sign anything."

"You made our job too easy. But I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter