Nourish It

Like A Tree...

That little brat Sungjong was visiting.

It was Saturday night. Woohyun and Sunggyu had just finished dinner and were about to settle in and watch a movie (Woohyun had been hoping for a little cuddling… because it was cold!). Before Sunggyu could press ‘play’ on the remote, the doorbell rang.

Of course, his mannerly husband got up to answer it. Fifteen minutes later, Woohyun was huddled up on the corner of the sofa, glaring as Sungjong cuddled up to Sunggyu’s right side, hugging his arm, happily.

Apparently, the kid decided to “surprise” his beloved older cousin since he was in the area with friends. He had already called his parents ahead and got their permission to stay with them for the night as it was already quite late. And Sunggyu had no objections.

(“You don’t mind, do you, Woohyun?” he had asked, smiling good-naturedly.

How the hell could Woohyun say “no” to that? So, he agreed. He could swear Sungjong had smirked at him from behind Sunggyu…. That evil little brat.)

Okay, maybe he should be nicer when it came to his husband’s favorite cousin, but seriously, since the wedding, the kid seemed like he had a personal vendetta against Woohyun!

Even now, he and Sungjong were shooting glares at each other, Sunggyu obliviously enjoying the movie between them.

“Woohyun?”

He tore his gaze away from the brat to look into his husband’s concerned face.

“Are you cold?” Sunggyu asked.

It was only then that Woohyun realized that he had been gripping the blanket draped over his legs until his knuckles were white.

“Um…”

Sunggyu, who had his own blanket wrapped around his shoulders, opened the left side of it, inviting him over.

Feeling the blood rush to his cheeks, Woohyun scooted over and gingerly cuddled up to his husband’s side. Sunggyu wrapped the blanket over him, shielding him from the cold and pressing him against his warmth.

Woohyun would never admit it, but he liked how warm his husband felt on cold nights like these. It was comforting and home-y. And Sunggyu smelt like honey and spice.

Ever since the Battle of the Bands a month ago, they had gotten closer. Woohyun knew now that he could trust Sunggyu. He had done nothing but prove that he had no ill intentions towards Woohyun and had no plan of hindering his dreams. So… Woohyun had been a little bit more… receptive to his display of affections.

The younger had to admit… it felt nice having someone care about him. It felt good knowing that someone was thinking of him when he received random texts of "Get home safe. See you tonight." And, in turn, it felt good taking care of someone else who appreciated his efforts. He didn’t feel useless or like a waste of space. He felt wanted.

For a few moments everyday, he could pretend that what he and Sunggyu had was the real deal. That someone had actually wanted him in the first place instead of being forced to be with him.

With that thought, he subconsciously cuddled closer, wrapping his arms around Sunggyus’ left arm.

From the other side, Sungjong scoffed and buried his nose against his cousin’s arm, trying to look cute.

“Yah, why do I feel like I have two octopuses wrapped around me?” Sunggyu joked.

Sungjong laughed loudly. “You’re too funny, hyung!”

Sunggyu ruffled his hair, fondly, sparking a jealous fire inside Woohyun. He nonchalantly tugged on the hem of his husband’s shirt underneath the blanket and the latter turned to him with an affectionate smile. Without a word, he pressed a kiss to Woohyun’s forehead before turning back to the movie.

Woohyun sent the brat a smirk of victory.

 


 

“You don’t deserve him, you know?” the sharp voice pierced through the silence of the kitchen, prompting Woohyun to almost cut his finger on the knife.

They had paused the movie so Woohyun could make them snacks. He had been peacefully cutting apples when the brat entered his kitchen unannounced. (Funny, when did Sunggyu’s kitchen become his kitchen?)

“Excuse me?” he said, turning back to the apples. “I’m not sure what you’re talking about.”

He listened as Sungjong moved about the kitchen before finally leaning on the counter next to him. The brat snatched a piece of sliced apple and bit on it, chewing nonchalantly.

When he had swallowed, he flashed Woohyun a look of… disapproval.

“Sunggyu-hyung,” he stated. “You don’t deserve him.”

Woohyun opened his mouth to retort but nothing came out. Honestly, he wasn’t sure exactly what to say. Their marriage had been nothing but a business deal, after all. Still, he couldn't just back down and take the insult (at least, he believed it was an insult).

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. “And who deserves him?” he sneered. “You?”

He meant it as a taunt, but Sungjong simply shrugged.

“Yes,” he answered, smiling triumphantly. “I like hyung. And I love him very much. What’s it to you?”

At that, Woohyun had no answer. He knew that younger had somewhat of a crush on his husband, but he always thought it was the hero-worship kind. Now, he wasn’t so sure.

“Besides, I know I can give hyung the love he deserves,” the high schooler continued before flashing Woohyun a challenging look. “Can you?”

Woohyun had no answer. He could only stare at the younger boy, his blank face not betraying the painful pounding of his heart against his chest.

Noticing his hesitance, Sungjong continued talking, though in a gentler tone than he previously used. “You know, all his life, hyung does everything that everyone tells him to with no complaint. His parents. School. The company. Even his past lovers.”

Woohyun’s eye twitched at that last one.

“And then he gets married to you.”

The latter said it with such contempt that Woohyun almost felt offended.

“All I’ve ever wanted for Sunggyu-hyung was to be happy and find happiness with someone who really cares about him. But now that he’s married to you, I see that it’s a long shot.”

Now, Woohyun was offended. He glared at the younger.

“Excuse me?!”

But Sungjong wasn’t done. “You don’t care about him. You don’t give a rat’s about how he feels or what makes him happy. You’re in this because you get something out of it, right? What was it? You get to audition to be an idol in exchange for getting married, right? You’re no different from everyone else who just wanted him for something. He's living his life with you so you can get what you want. He would have found someone who loved and cared for him as he is, but instead, he's taking care of you. You robbed him of his chance to find real love.”

And once again, Woohyun was rendered speechless and not because he had nothing to say. No, it was purely because he was angry! How dare this brat into their lives and assume things about his and Sunggyu’s relationship?!

He was making it sound like Woohyun chose this! He was forced into this too! It wasn’t his fault that Sunggyu was such an obedient son and was stuck with Woohyun as a husband! It wasn’t Woohyun’s fault that he couldn’t make Sunggyu happy! He was trying his best to be a good husband, but it wasn’t like he wanted this in the first place! And it was Sunggyu who promised to support his dreams! It was Sunggyu who swore to stay by his side and cheer him on! 

By the time he was done yelling in his head, Woohyun was shaking, his hands clasped around the knife tightly that it hurt. Sungjong was only looking at him with that pitying sort of look.

He hated it. He hated feeling like he was a burden to his own husband.

Just then, Sunggyu entered the kitchen. “Hey, what’s taking you two so long?”

Beaming a smile at his cousin, Sungjong picked up the plate of sliced apples. “Woohyun-shii and I got talking and forgot about the time. Sorry, hyung!”

And with that, he bounded out of the kitchen, flashing Woohyun one last pointed look before disappearing.

“Woohyunnie?”

He looked up to see his husband right in front of him now, looking concerned. “Are you okay?” he asked. “Did… Sungjong say something to you?”

That seemed to wake him up from his trance and he shook his head. He flashed a small smile. “No, I’m fine, sorry. Just a bit tired.”

He turned back to the rest of the apples. Seeing as Sungjong had taken the other plate, he opened the top cabinet to grab another one and continued slicing, willing his heart to stop beating so fast.

Arms wound themselves around his waist and a head laid on his shoulder. “Are you sure it’s okay for him to stay the night?” Sunggyu asked. “If you’re uncomfortable, I can drive him home.”

Woohyun patted one of his hands in reassurance. His anger was already disappearing. Funny how Sunggyu could calm him down within minutes. “It’s fine, really.”

“You sure?”

“Yes.”

Silence. Then…

“Are you sure?”

“Sunggyu.”

“Hmmm?”

Woohyun turned around and raised the plate of sliced apples at him. “It’s fine. Now, go take these. I’ll just clean up and join you.”

Before Sunggyu could protest, Woohyun placed the plate in his hands and quite literally shoved him out of the kitchen.

When he was gone, he leaned back against the counter, sighing.

He was uncomfortable with Sungjong there. And he knew Sunggyu would not hesitate to kick him out if he asked.

But… Sunggyu just looked so happy to see his favorite cousin. He rarely got to see his family these days.

Woohyun couldn’t take that away from him.

Because, in a way, Sungjong was right. Even if he didn't mean to, Woohyun had taken away Sunggyu’s chance to be happy with someone who truly loved him. This was the least he could do.

Despite what he had been showing, Woohyun did care about his husband. He wanted him to be happy with him too.

 


 

That night, as he brushed his teeth, Sungjong’s words were still spinning in his head.

He couldn’t help but wonder…

Was Sunggyu resentful? No… on the contrary, he always seemed so jovial. So unlike the cold and stern businessman he had always imagined him as before he met him.

Was Sunggyu unhappy? He never showed that he was. Maybe the only times he seemed to be were when Woohyun rejected his affections (which he hadn’t done in a while) or when he talked bad about himself (he was trying really hard to stop because it made Sunggyu upset whenever he did it). But, other than that, Sunggyu seemed content.

Did he rob Sunggyu of a chance at true love? Maybe. They were married after all. Although Sunggyu could always divorce him if he wanted to…

Somehow, that thought sent a pang to his chest. Maybe a couple of months ago, he wouldn’t mind the thought. In fact, he thought about it several times. But now… He really couldn’t imagine being divorced from Sunggyu… His heart ached just thinking about it...

“What are you thinking about?”

Woohyun let out an unmanly squeak as suds of toothpaste flew everywhere.

At the doorway, Sunggyu laughed.

He glared at his husband. “Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!” he screeched before spitting out the rest of the toothpaste into the sink and rinsing his mouth.

As he spat out the rest of the water, he felt arms wound around his waist for the second time that night.

“Did I scare you?” was the playful question from his husband, who cutely tucked his head on top of his shoulder.

Woohyun scoffed. “You just startled me that’s all.” He wiped the excess water around his mouth, trying to avoid their reflection in the mirror.

They looked like any other married couple. Sweet. Domestic. In love.

But, it was all just a façade.

Sunggyu didn’t love him. How could he when Woohyun had been nothing but a brat to him?

But, it didn’t hurt to pretend, right? Besides, the older made it easy.

He leaned back against Sunggyu’s chest, allowing his husband’s warmth to fill him from his head to his toes.

Sunggyu’s eyes closed as he hummed and swayed them side-to-side. His gestures had been bolder lately. He touched Woohyun more. Kissed him more. Flirted with him more.

If Woohyun didn’t know better, he would think that Sunggyu was trying to woo him.

“Sungjong should be in bed now,” the older whispered, seductively into his ear. It sent shivers throughout Woohyun’s body. “Should we go to bed too?”

The younger swallowed the lump in his throat and let out a nervous chuckle. “Did you know your cousin has a crush on you?” he asked instead.

Sunggyu hummed in answer as he pressed his nose into Woohyun’s fluffy hair. “It’s hard not to notice when he practically declared to our entire family that he was going to marry me back when he was in middle school.”

Somehow, that irritated Woohyun as he felt his eye twitch. “Oh, really? Our marriage must have broken his heart then.”

Sunggyu chuckled. “I guess so.”

“You know, it’s weird that your cousin wants to marry you.”

“Well, he’s a distant cousin on my mother’s side. I’m not even sure we’re blood-related.”

The explanation only made Woohyun’s eye twitch more. He scoffed before shrugging out of the older’s hold. “Whatever. Not like I care. I’m going to bed.”

He left the bathroom and proceeded to curl up under the covers of their bed. A scowl was on his face as he glared at the lamp, as if it did him the world’s greatest injustice.

Why did it bother him so much if Sungjong had a crush on his husband? It wasn’t like the kid could steal him away now! They were married! Sunggyu was his!

He suddenly sat up in shock at his own thoughts. Sunggyu was his?! Since when?!

This only made him scowl at the lamp some more.

“Are you sulking?”

He jumped ten feet into the air. He was so deep in thought that he didn’t even notice the bathroom door opening and Sunggyu come in from his own bathroom time.

The older was grinning, teasingly at him.

Woohyun huffed before turning his back towards him. “No.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I’m not!”

He felt the bed dip.

“Should I tickle you until you smile?”

His heart stopped. “No, Sunggyu, don’t you dare-.”

Fingers attacked him on both sides before he could protect himself. Laughter was forced out of him as Sunggyu tickled him all over. His legs flailed as he tried to kick the older off of him, but to no avail. His husband continued his assault, his laughter joining his as they wrestled each other for dominance.

“Stop! Stop! Gyu! Please! Hahhaaa! Get off! Hahahaa! Gyu, stop! Gyu!”

It took a few more laughs and chuckles for Woohyun to realize that Sunggyu had stopped and was simply watching him from above him, smiling. And when he did, he couldn’t stop looking at those eyes… those small eyes looking at him with affection and… pure adoration.

Sunggyu had him pinned to the bed, but Woohyun didn’t feel trapped. He just wanted…

“There’s that smile,” the older said in a soft voice. “I love that seeing that smile.”

Heat flooded into Woohyun’s cheeks, but this time, he didn’t feel shy or turn away. He raised a hand to gently touch his husband’s warm cheek.

Something snapped in Sunggyu’s eyes and before Woohyun knew it, the older was leaning down towards him, his lips hovering above his own. Their eyes met and he knew that Sunggyu was giving him the chance to stop him, to push him away.

Instead, Woohyun leaned up and met those lips.

And once they started, they couldn’t stop. Woohyun couldn’t stop. Sunggyu’s weight over him. Sunggyu’s warmth. Sunggyu’s lips on his. He couldn’t get enough.

It felt like they were devouring each other’s lips. But it was oh so sweet and Woohyun wanted more. He didn’t know where this sudden desire came from but he didn’t care. He wanted it. He wanted Sunggyu.

His arms came up to wrap around Sunggyu’s neck, bringing him closer.

Sunggyu grabbed one of his legs and wrapped it around his waist, never breaking the kiss.

Soon, they had to break for air, but Sunggyu’s lips never stopped. They pressed against Woohyun’s jaw, his chin, his neck, his collarbones.

Woohyun let out a content and happy sigh as his fingers explored Sunggyu’s hair, running through the soft strands. They moved to Sunggyu’s neck, playing with the little hairs on his nape before moving down to his back, feeling the strong muscles through the shirt.

The shirt.

It had to go.

Without thinking about it, Woohyun began to tug at his husband’s shirt.

Sunggyu pulled away from him. Woohyun whined in protest until he saw his husband removing the shirt on his own and throwing it on the floor. The younger used those moments to admire his husband’s physique.

It wasn’t the first time he had seen it before, of course, but he had always turned away while blushing. But, at that moment, he wasn’t shy. He wanted to look as much as he wanted. His husband didn’t seem to mind the looks of appreciation thrown his way.

Sunggyu grinned at him before sliding back down to capture his lips again. This time, the kiss was lazy, unhurried. They savored each press of their lips.

For a moment, Sunggyu broke the kiss but didn’t remove his lips away from Woohyun’s.

“I want you,” he confessed in a whisper.

Through lidded eyes, Woohyun could see the desire in his husband’s eyes, could practically feel it emanating from his heated skin. For once, he did not want to lie about his own desires.

“Me too,” he whispered back with a smile.

Sunggyu smiled back, practically radiating happiness from that two-word confession, before kissing Woohyun again.

It wasn't just desire that he was feeling now. It was bliss. Pure unadulterated bliss. And joy. And...

Sunggyu's hands wandered down to his shirt and teasingly snuck a finger underneath to touch his heated skin. At that point, the younger was ready to get rid of his own shirt when suddenly… the spell was broken.

“Hyung? Sunggyu-hyung!”

Knocks echoed throughout the room amidst their panted breathing.

At first, Sunggyu didn’t stop kissing him and Woohyun preened at the attention as he pulled him closer, wishing he would just rip his shirt off from him.

But, the knocks continued. Sungjong’s calls of “Hyung? Sunggyu-hyung!” steadily got louder.

Finally, with a sigh, Sunggyu pulled back. With an apologetic smile, he got off Woohyun and fished for his discarded shirt somewhere on the floor.

And Woohyun was not a happy husband!

His kissed-swollen lips were in a frown as he sat up and watched Sunggyu put on his shirt and fix his unruly hair (that Woohyun had just been enjoying running his fingers through, thank you!).

Sunggyu turned to him and pecked his lips. “I’ll be right back,” he promised.

When he opened their bedroom door, Sungjong immediately latched onto the older’s arm. “Hyung! I had a nightmare! Stay with me until I fall asleep!”

“You’re not five!” Woohyun wanted to yell out, but kept his mouth shut.

He watched as his husband’s younger cousin pulled him down the hall until they disappeared into the guest room.

Sighing in disappointment, Woohyun closed the door and went to check his neck. He felt a little smug seeing the little red marks on there.

Going back to bed, he pulled the covers all over himself and looked up at the ceiling, grin on his lips as he reveled in the moment... until it hit him.

What the was that just now?!

He and Sunggyu were about to have ! There was no denying it! They really were about to! And Woohyun could not deny that he had wanted it. Besides, Sunggyu was handsome and had a hot body. How could anyone not? Damn, how long ago was it when he had last gotten laid?!

He sighed.

Somehow, deep inside him, he knew it wasn’t just ual frustration on his part. There was something else. He just couldn’t pinpoint it.

“Ugh, what is wrong with me?” he asked himself, frustrated.

With a sigh, he turned around and tried to sleep. But, he couldn’t. Sunggyu’s promise of coming back kept repeating in his head.

The minutes ticked by and Woohyun waited. He couldn’t sleep without Sunggyu’s warmth. He had gotten used to it. He needed it to sleep.

Half an hour later, the bedroom door opened.

“Woohyunnie?”

His heart leaping into his throat, Woohyun closed his eyes, evening out his breathing. He felt the bed dip and the covers being moved. Soon, his husband’s comforting warmth was at his back.

“Waifuu, are you asleep?”

He didn’t answer, continued to feign slumber.

He heard Sunggyu sigh before a kiss was pressed to his temple. An arm wrapped around his waist and pulled him further into that comforting warmth.

A few minutes later, soft snores echoed in the empty bedroom.

Woohyun finally opened his eyes, his body subconsciously learning further into his husband’s firm chest. How wonderful they felt under his fingertips just moments ago. And his touch was electrifying; he had never felt such need for someone before.

If he really wanted to, he could turn around now and wake him up. They could pick up where they left off. He knew Sunggyu wouldn’t mind. He would indulge him.

But, yet, Woohyun didn’t.

Why?

Why was he resisting Sunggyu so much?

 


A/N: Hi, guys! So sorry I've been gone for a while! Well, the thing is... I got sick! Yep, I caught a viral flu and literally could not leave my bed for about 3 days, I had a fever, cough, the sniffles, lost my voice, the whole shebang! I'm currently still sick, but feeling much better, I'm on 2 different supplements and 2 different medications (one for my flu and the other for my asthma) so I'm always knocked out early. But, tonight, I resolved to finish this before the med takes effect.

Anywho, this is actually the one chapter that I had been so excited to write (you can probably guess why **wink**). And this is when Woohyun has accepted his situation but still can't accept his feelings. Oh, he definitely knows what they are, he just won't admit them cause he's Woohyun and he's infuriatingly stubborn!

Let's hope this sickness doesn't knock me out anymore. Until the next one!