E L E V E N

Undodged Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

UNDODGEDBULLET | eleven

 

 

"Ugh....damn it...."

 

Sehun wakes up with a stiff neck and a muttered curse under his breath. He grumpily pushes his blanket off and lets it drop to the floor, stretching his sore muscles after yet another fitful night of sleeping on the sofa. It's still early this Monday morning and he's already in a pissy mood.

 

And there are a few reasons for that.

 

One, he obviously isn't a morning person. Two, it's been eleven days since Joohyun's fated car crash and today he has to go back to work and leave his still recovering wife alone at home. Three, it also has been eleven days since he last made love to said wife.

 

He sighs and abruptly sits up. Look, he's well aware that he had made a promise to be patient but then again, he's a normal young man with a healthy ual appetite who's also technically still a newly-wed...and for heaven's sake, can anyone blame him for his raging libido? Have they seen his wife?

 

Which is what he's doing right now, by the way, staring longingly at his pretty Joohyun while she's in a deep slumber on top of their very comfortable, very meant-for-two California King-size bed. She's wearing one of her cute buttoned-down pajama sets, this one in light yellow with tiny chicks printed on them; her glossy long hair a contrast against the white pillowcase, their blanket kicked down and tangling around her ankles. 

 

She looks so innocent like this.

 

He sighs again. At least she's considerate enough to not torture him by wearing one of her y nightdresses.

 

I would probably pounce on her in her sleep if she did.

 

She suddenly makes a soft sighing sound before she turns on her side facing his direction. His jaw almost falls to the floor in shock when he realizes that three buttons below the collar of her pajama top had somehow become undone in her sleep.

 

Oh . Baby, seriously?

 

His wife had trained as a ballerina when she was a young girl, which is both awesome because her limbs are still so damn flexible and not-so-awesome because she tends to do some acrobatic moves even in her sleep; as attested by the number of times he got smacked in the middle of the night by her elbows or knees. But as violent as she tends to move in her sleep, how the hell did she manage to her own shirt?

 

Even from a few feet away he can easily see the tempting swells of her s peeking through her gaping pajama top. Not to sound possessive but those are...his. How long since he had last buried his face there and marked them with his teeth? Oh, right, eleven freaking days ago. 

 

He swallows hard as blazing hot desire courses through his veins and leaves him aching with need. He stares at her for a long, torturous minute, half-wishing that another button would pop open and send him directly to hell. Okay, so he's not exactly the noble gentleman that his wife thinks he is. 

 

“Hmmmm.....”

 

For some morbid reasons Joohyun suddenly starts softly in her sleep and he is this close to spontaneously combust so he finally forces himself to stand up and march to the bathroom, cursing under his breath the entire way.

 

Cold shower again...!

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Joohyun wakes up gradually from her sleep, a little confused by the sound of a drawer opening and closing coming from their walk-in-closet. She rubs her eyes and drowsily reaches for her new phone sitting on the bedside table, exhaling slowly when she realizes it's not even past 6.30 in the morning. And like she always does whenever she wakes up, she glances at the sofa where her husband has been sleeping for the past weeks. He is no longer there, their spare blanket folded on top of his pillow.

 

Oh right, Sehun's supposed to go to work today. It must be him getting ready in the closet then. 

 

She starts stretching on the bed and sighs in relief when she doesn't get hit by nausea or dizziness like she did for the past couple of weeks ever since the crash. Right now her bruises are already fading and her head thankfully no longer feels like it's about to split open every time she's awake. Sometimes she has flashes like deja-vu in her mind but the images are often too fast for her to really grasp.

 

She carefully slides off the bed and puts on her slippers, smiling in amusement when she hears Sehun humming to himself inside their walk-in-closet. She has no idea why Jongin keeps making jokes during breakfast about his little brother being a monster in the morning, he seems absolutely fine to her. 

 

Sehun had refused to let her out of his sight so they had spent quiet days together at home for the past weeks as she began healing. He would greet her parents familiarly whenever they came to visit, treating them like his own parents just like his parents are fast becoming like her own. He would sit next to her and work on his laptop as she watched cooking shows she didn’t remember watching before or called Seulgi to get updates about their cafe. He would laugh and let her kick his when they played video games together even though his big brother had conspiratorially told her he's usually a competitive gamer and a sore loser, just like her. And so she would graciously let him win once in a while too.

 

He told her that they had become fast friends after their jewelry photoshoot and she could see why. They just clicked together, easily and naturally.

 

And yet there's a sensual undertone simmering quietly between them and she can feel it acutely as his intense eyes follow her every move whenever they're in the same room. Sometimes he'd watch her like she's made out of fragile glass but other times he'd watch her hungrily like she's a meal he can't wait to devour. He touches her often and deliberately, sending her heartbeat sprinting way past a healthy speed limit, and yet he keeps his promise and sleeps on the sofa every night when it's time for bed.

 

He's such a gentleman, isn't he? She covers her face in self-disgust as her stomach starts to flutter like there are a hundred tiny butterflies floating inside her. Haish, you're really pathetic Bae Joohyun.

 

She silently walks into their bathroom to brush her teeth only to gasp out loud when she glances in the mirror and sees an obscene amount of her cleavage peeking out between her gaping pajama top. 

 

Oh my God, she stares at her reflection in horror as her fingers quickly fly to re-do her pajama buttons, did I flash him in my sleep?!

 

-------------------------------------------

 

She hesitantly leans against their walk-in-closet's sliding door just as he finishes buttoning up his powder blue Dior Homme dress shirt. He looks up and flashes her a boyish grin in greeting.

 

"Hey, baby... Morning."

 

He doesn't act weird, she thinks to herself in relief. Maybe he didn't notice my wardrobe malfunction earlier. Oh, thank goodness... 

 

She ignores the way her heart starts to stutter as it always does nowadays when she sees him and smiles back while silently admiring his striking appearance. Sehun in a bespoke suit is really a sight to behold, such an imposing figure that exudes confidence and charisma. She wonders if she had ever visited him at the HQ and watched him while he's working. 

 

"Morning. Ready for work?"

 

He hums as he picks up a slate grey tie inside his tie drawer. "Hmmm....why? Gonna miss me?"

 

"Pffttt...I think I'll survive a few hours without you."

 

She's being deliberately obtuse with her answer but of course she will miss him when he's away, considering how close they had become these past eleven days together. But she can't help but feel a little relieved to be spending some part of the day by herself for once too. Her stupid brain tends to go haywire whenever he's around and she sorely needs some time alone to ponder and evaluate the things that are happening in her life.

 

"It's too bad you won't miss me because I'm gonna miss you so much—"

 

"—Ommo!" She jumps in surprise when she realizes he is standing right in front of her now. When did he even move?

 

He grabs her waist and pulls her to him, his previously teasing eyes now filled with anxiety. "What is it, baby? Is it your head? Does it hurt? Do you need me to stay home today?"

 

She quickly shakes her head in embarrassment. That's what she gets for daydreaming right in the middle of their conversation. "Aah, don't worry, I guess I'm still a little sleepy."

 

He nods in relief, his arm tightening around her waist instead of letting her go.

 

"Hyun-ah."

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"You look so gorgeous this morning."

 

"I haven't even shower yet." 

 

"Doesn't matter, your body just smells nice naturally." He bends down and blatantly sniffs her neck, causing her skin to break into goosebumps. "Good enough to eat."

 

Is that a double entendre? 

 

He straightens and waits for her to say something, grinning mischievously when her face heats up in response. She huffs and looks down to avoid his eyes only to realize his tie is half undone so she automatically begins to fix it. It must be her muscle memory, her fingers moving expertly to knot his tie like she had done this hundred of times before. She smiles brightly when it's finished and smoothes his collar down, feeling pretty proud of how neat it looks.

 

"There, all done now, Director Oh."

 

He doesn't answer so she looks up and realizes he has been staring down at her this whole time, a strange, intense look clouding his eyes. She bites her lip in flustered confusion. Did she overstep by doing his tie for him? Maybe he prefers to do himself?

 

"Uhm...Sehun-ah?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What's wrong?"

 

He keeps staring at her before he finally shakes his head, a small knowing smile curving the corners of his lips. "Nothing, just thinking of the last time you did my tie for me."

 

"Okay...?"

 

He doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter