T E N

Undodged Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

UNDODGEDBULLET | ten

 

 

 

Hyun-ah,

I'm sorry I didn't wake you up before I left but you looked so peaceful sleeping. I'm gonna go check on the Audi and get your phone, I'll be back soon okay? Rest well, eat the breakfast on the table, and take the medicine too - all of them. Finish the milk. I'll know if you secretly pour it down the sink. STAY HOME.

By the way, those flowers are Forget-Me-Not. Yes, you married a genius who'd found the perfect flower to suit the occasion. Do you think Eomma will kill me if I pull out all her flower bushes and fill the whole backyard with these instead?

I'm in love with you, baby. More than you'll ever know.

Sehun.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Joohyun stares groggily at the small piece of paper laying next to her pillow when she wakes up the next morning, her sleepy face turning into a frown as she begins reading the neatly handwritten note.

 

Haish, such a bossy man. Why is he talking to me like I'm ten or something? I'm going to strangle him when he comes home.

 

But then her eyes reach the middle of the paragraph and her brows start to furrow in confusion.

 

Flowers?

 

She looks around the bed and finally notices the lovely bouquet of tiny cotton-candy pink flowers resting next to her pillow. She gently picks the flowers up and brings them to her chest and starts blushing, her heart blooming as bright as the flowers in her hands. She is a grown woman who is aware that many men find her appealing visually, but most of them are usually too intimidated to flirt with her because she has built a wall around herself with her purposely cold aura. And yet here is her husband breaking through her wall like it's nothing. God, she's not used to being romanced like this. 

 

Ugh, damn it. Fine, I'm canceling the plan to strangle him.

 

He doesn't need to nag her about staying home and resting anyway because honestly, she doesn't think she has any energy to move out of the bed for now. still feels funny and her head is getting dizzy again.

 

Maybe I should eat.

 

The idea of food makes her stomach churns but still, she reaches for the breakfast tray on the bedside table and slowly opens the silver dome covering it. The bowl of porridge underneath it is still warm, meaning Sehun had probably left it there barely minutes ago. There is a small saucer on the tray with three different kinds of pills in it. She knows one of them is a painkiller for her headache, but what are the rest? Supplements? Are they even necessary?

 

She sighs and reaches out for the cold glass of milk next to the porridge. She has no idea why Sehun feels the need to emphasize on her finishing the milk, she likes dairy just fine. But once the milk almost reaches she immediately puts it back down on the tray.

 

Ewww, what the heck? That smells nasty. Ugh, I'm so pouring that in the sink.

 

Her head suddenly starts spinning and she begins to gag.

 

Oh crap.

 

She quickly covers and pushes the blanket away before she runs to the bathroom and unceremoniously vomits into the toilet bowl.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"Damn... I can't believe Joohyun walked away from that with just some bruises and a nasty headache. Does she have an angel sitting on her shoulder or what? This thing is basically totaled."

 

Jongin shakes his head in amazement as he looks at the wreck that was previously his sister-in-law's favorite car. The front of the Audi is now just a smashed, dented piece of metal. He glances at his little brother who is silently standing next to him in the impound lot. Sehun's face is expressionless as he stares at the car, his eyes narrowing like he's deep in thoughts.

 

"Sehunnie," he calls carefully. "Are you okay?"

 

Sehun finally blinks. "I'm fine."

 

He turns around and walks away without another word.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"The insurance will cover her car but are you getting her another one first?"

 

Sehun doesn't answer straight away but Jongin doesn't exactly expect him to. He has grown up with Sehun all his life and he knows how his little brother functions. Sehun might look cold and rigid on the outside and he doesn't allow many people close enough to see his warm interior but once he loves, he loves deeply and fiercely. There's no doubt that Joohyun's accident and amnesia are completely affecting him.

 

Jongin waits patiently for his brother to gather his thought as he continues driving his old Range Rover away from the police station after they've picked up Joohyun's phone and other possessions. He was honestly shocked when Sehun had come to pick him up this morning driving his SUV. He couldn't believe their parents had kept his car in the garage even after he had left them almost six months ago. It's like they knew he would return eventually.

 

Sehun keeps staring at his wife's iPhone in his hands, silently scrolling through the screen. Apparently the phone works perfectly fine, not even a scratch on the screen.

 

Haish, Bae Joohyun is really one lucky girl.

 

Sehun's low voice shakes him out of his inner monologue.

 

"Hyung....there are pictures of us going to the baby check-up in this, there's even a picture of our baby's ultrasound scan we did last week. All of our recent text messages... We were joking about who the baby would look like, and I was nagging her about resting, about taking her pills and drinking her milk..."

 

Jongin glances at his brother. Sehun's face is pale as he stares at the picture of his baby's scan on the screen, his thumb brushing gently against the tiny blurry grey blob on the screen. 

 

Is that the baby? My niece or nephew?  Jongin swallows and internally sighs. ....God, can you give my poor little bro a break?

 

"What are you going to do, Sehunnie? Delete all of that before you give her the phone?"

 

Sehun is silent for a long second before he finally shakes his head. "I'm buying her a new phone."

 

"Uhmm...." Jongin isn't sure if that's a good idea but he knows too well how stubborn his little brother can get. "And what about her car?"

 

Sehun closes his eyes and leans back against the passenger seat. "I'll buy her another one, whatever she wants....but later. Much later."

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"Hey, you're back!"

 

Joohyun's smile is stunningly bright as she turns around and sees Sehun standing by the door of Oh family's third-floor library room. There's no one at home except her and the maids and for some reason, they won't let her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter