A World Apart

Appreciating Kang Daniel

 

“You’re wasting your time,” Jisung sighed.

 

Seongwoo paid no attention as he continued to stare ahead. Jisung followed where his eyes lied, on a familiar dusty blonde angel named Kang Daniel. The older man shook his head as he eyed his partner. He didn’t like his awe-struck expression full of fondness, curiosity, and want.

 

“You two are a world apart, literally.”

 

Seongwoo grimaced as he looked down at the small gap between the two lands, Utopia and Dystopia. The grass on the other side appeared greener than the one underneath his feet.

 

“I don’t care,” Seongwoo said. His brown orbs then met another’s, Daniel’s. The latter kept their stare for a moment, but quickly looked away – a faint blush forming over his fair skinned cheeks. It was enough for Seongwoo.

 

Jisung could only watch in shock as his partner started to run towards the gap between the two worlds. Crowds around watched as Seongwoo leaped off the edge of the land. Citizens of the mortal world looked up to the sky from the depths of the gap. They were confused as to why a brief shadow passed over their planet.

 

Jisung exhaled a sigh of relief when Seongwoo’s feet touched the healthy Utopian soil.

 

The groups of angels glared at the demon that dared to set foot on their bright sacred land. The scintillating sun burned through Seongwoo’s skin, but the man didn’t care. Instead of feeding into the new heavenly scenery around him, he made a beeline for Daniel, who could only join the onlookers, staring at him in disbelief.

 

The couple Daniel was conversing with backed away from the table they were sitting at when Seongwoo walked closer. The two were now left alone.

 

“Is this seat taken?” Seongwoo asked, recovering his lack of breath.

 

Daniel blinked, and shook his head, a small grin playing on his lips.

 

Seongwoo took a seat then in front of the other.

 

“Did you come all the way over here just to ask me that?” Daniel blurted out in amusement.

 

The demon smirked. “Should I have something else to ask?”

 

Daniel eyed him in amazement. “So, you’re saying you jumped over the border just to ask me if you could sit down?”

 

Seongwoo hummed, noting that the angel’s eyes looked lighter up close. “I didn’t say that.”

 

“Then, why? You can get in trouble.”

 

“You’re worth it,” Seongwoo whispered. It sent a devilish shiver running down Daniel’s spine. The latter’s grin widened and he leaned closer to the other, inhaling the scents of the Bad Lands. Seongwoo smelled of hell, pure fire and sin – something Daniel was always told to stay away from.

 

“You’re going to regret it,” he commented.

 

Seongwoo’s lips curled, and the angel knew then that he never had the choice in the first place to push this man away. “I told you, you’re worth it.”