CH09

TITANIUM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was talking with a teacher when Seulgi entered the room. She saw her face fell a bit when she saw whom she was talking, nevertheless

She continued to walk towards her and stopped by her side.

She directed her attention to Seulgi. “Are you ready to go?”

“Yes, let me put those to the cupboard, then we are free to go if it’s okay with you.”

“I’m waiting.”

Seulgi went to the put her things as she continued her conversation with Mr. Park. She saw how he throw subtle glances to her and Seulgi when they were talking but she choose to shrug off since she can’t question him about it.

Once again Seulgi stood by her side. She seemed a bit better compared to morning.

“Ready now?” Irene saw Seulgi nodded to her as she, too, grabbed her bag and bid goodbye to him.

They walk side by side while heading to out. Both lost in their own thought, absent-mindly nodding to teachers and students they pass by.

Irene was still confused about her own decision. She didn’t want to regret anything cause there was no guarantee about if Seulgi can repeat her mistakes again.

Yet she thought she was giving all the heads off to her mind, and it didn’t healed her, didn’t solve anything. She hoped maybe this time with giving all the heads off to her heart she can be in a peace again. It was a risk to take, now she is about to took it.

Also she knows even if she gives this chance to her, her heart will not be opened immediately. At least it soothed herself.

She get off from trance when they came closed to the park.

“We will go with your car?” She asked to Seulgi.

“We can take a cab or bus if you want to or we can walk if it’s near.” Seulgi directed her eyes to car.

“You can’t drive while being sick, let me drive it.” She reached out to take car keys from Seulgi.

“I can…” She changed her thought after Irene’s piercing gaze. There is no need for trouble. She gave it to Irene, passed to passenger door and entered the car after Irene opened the doors.

There was a deep silence inside of the car as Irene drive out from school area.

“Rest a bit. It will take maximum 15-20 minutes.”

“Can I play music?”

She glanced, “Sure.”

As music filled the air, the awkwardness deceased to slightness in the car. Only memories were left to reminisce.

They were happily together until the last year of college. A few cracks show itself in exam period, especially in finals, throughout their relationship. But nothing like this.

It was their second year together and last semester of college. So stress catch up with them. Especially with Seulgi. She had a few project to finish to graduate. If not she would repeat the year.

That’s were big crack showed itself. She became busy with her projection to the point of not talking with her girlfriend. She kept herself in her room or in the school’s atelier. She would be too busy to reply the message of Irene, even see them. She avoid anything that will make her busy. Especially when it comes to her girlfriend.

She didn’t even want any fight for it would make her busy. Hence Irene didn’t know what to make of it. She limited her texts but still Seulgi didn’t replied them. Even if she did it, they were ‘good night’ messages. Which means there won’t be any other message for the day. Short and too alien.

Irene didn’t know what to do since she had exams too. If not she would approach her or at least would be by her side to stop this habit of Seulgi.

Because it was for the first time she changed to this extent. She didn’t know the actual reason until the day she saw the truth with her eyes.

She was a buying coffee when she saw her. With a girl probably from her class. They were too close to each other for her liken and the girl obviously were flirting with her own girlfriend.

She thought Seulgi was busy with her exams but she was actually busy with other things.

She left without looking at that corner. To deal with this situation after the exam.

Thankfully it was her last exam that day, so she was able to go to the dorm room of Seulgi with Wendy. Wendy kept bugging her all the way to dorm which making her mood gone worse with remembering every detail over-over again.

She trusted the Seulgi from start but now seeing that scene made her question her trust for the brunette.

Irene waited for hours until falling asleep on small bed of her girlfriend.

When she opened her eyes, it was eight in the morning.

She looked around to find trace of Seulgi, but didn’t found till she saw the blinking light of notification in her girlfriend’s found. She sat upright. Walk towards the table which the phone sat on. She grabbed the phone and saw the name of a girl she didn’t heard before in message notification. Grabbed it tighter, turning her knuckles white.

She went out from room to find Seulgi.

When she found her she was looking to sketchbook which was placed in her one hand and in the other hand her coffee cup was showing how warm it was with its smoke.

Seulgi was in her pajamas standing in the middle of room without noticing her girlfriend who was fuming red.

Irene walked towards her girlfriend, informing her arrival.

Seulgi was looking her without any emotion.

“Morning.”

“Who is Mina?” Phone is still in her hand, she could hardly look at her.

Seulgi’s face painted a confused look. “You came to ask that?”

“Just answer me.”

“A friend.”

“A friend? What kind of friend? A friend you flirt with? A friend you spent all of your busy time with? A friend which you have a relationship with?” She saw Seulgi’s face hardened when she continued to elaborate.

“What are you trying to say?”

“You know what I am talking about…”

“No, I don’t.” Her tone of voice, too, hardened with every passing seconds.

“Oh… so yesterday you didn’t flirt with any blonde girl in the faculty’s cafeteria. I must have seen some other Seulgi because my girlfriend wouldn’t do that right? She wouldn’t spent time in corners of college with other girls while telling me she doesn’t have time. She wouldn’t ignore my mess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter