CH01

TITANIUM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She responded to everyone’s greeting on the way to her destination. For the first day of week her mood was good as she arrived with her co-workers to Teacher’s Room. Since it was beginning of new semester there seemed a change in the place with its new design and probably with her co-workers.

She has been teacher in this school for years now. So it felt like being back to home after summer break. Students weren’t the bad behaved type of high school students. Most of them was even successful in their classes if you compare to other schools. Hence she was happy to stay in here.

She noticed a few new face and greeted them with nods but while heading to her own cupboard there were two teachers whom she didn’t notice when she first entered since the other teachers covered them with their figures. However she wished she hadn’t ever notice them. She wished she didn’t ever see that person who is standing there while talking to other teachers.

 

She felt paralyzed as she stood there while the people kept passing in front of her. Blocking the sight she didn’t want to see. When her a co-worker bring her from her trance, it was too late. Because when she turned to look at that person in worry of being seen, she came to the eye to eye with her. With the person she wanted to escape from at that moment. 

She come to her senses after breaking the eye contact they shared just now. She just snorted and shake her head to her. Heading to the side of her own cupboard’s place to escape from her, from reality.

 

She didn’t know if the universe was playing a big hell of joke to her. Because there wasn’t any other description to this situation.  Surely it was a joke. She shouldn’t even be in the same place with her when she just begin to forget her and everything about her.

 

She dropped her things to cupboard and just blankly stared her books. She could feel erratic beat of her heart. Her mind swirled towards past memories for a minute. Why did you appear again in front me after all those time? After I finally give up?

 

She thought she shouldn’t let that person disturb her life anymore. She will continue like nothing happened. Like she never knew her. So she packed her stuff and headed to her first class of the new semester without looking back the spot she just last saw her in.

 

 

 

“Do you have any question to ask?” After not hearing any reply she said “Then the class is dismissed.”

She was preparing to leave when a student come to side of teacher’s desk, “Ms. Bae can I ask to have the presentation you showed us? So I could use it to study.” She couldn’t respond back when she heard someone asked the number of the classroom. As she looked behind of her student she realized she just made a mistake with looking.

She could just avoid her with just passing by her. But no, she had to look when she heard a voice, now she was thinking how to avoid her when she was heading right towards her.

“Ms. Bae So can you give me the presentation?” her student asked after not getting any response.

She turned to her student but suddenly couldn’t remember anything. Most importantly she couldn’t even remember what her student asked to her as the other teacher stood next to the desk. “Sorry. Wh-What did you ask Heejin?”

“The Presentation Ms. Bae?” her student asked for the third time while keep glancing to the new teacher.

“Ah…right.” said the literature teacher with her stoic face. She opened her computer. “Just give me your e-mail address.”

Her student quickly said her e-mail and disappeared after thanking to her. Leaving the two teacher in tense atmosphere.

“It’s good to see you again Ms. Bae” said the new teacher while keeping her eyes on her. “I didn’t know you were working in here”

“Now you know.” she said as she readied herself to leave the place which suffocated her.

She left without saying anything. While the new teacher could only look at her from where she stood until she disappeared from her sight by the door.

 

 

Sound of all kind of chattering at outside could be heard in the crowded part of school. Irene wasn’t in mood to talk or see anyone hence she stayed in her side of Teacher’s Room. Since room was nearly empty it allowed her to think freely. She was firm about her decision to not be get disturbed by her anymore before but why was she now sated at her chair and drifted away in her thoughts in this big room? Why did she allow herself to be affected by her with just a small approach?

She have to make a real decision about how to avoid her since she knew they will come across for many times in the future. She just can hope that the art teacher would avoid her but with her personality it’s nearly impossible, she thinks.

Irene heard the sound of opening door and the sound of heels which becomes more firm as the owner of the heels is strolling towards her. “Hey! I didn’t see you since this morning so I thought I could find you in here. Is this your free period?”

“Ah, I was just resting Wan… and yes it is my free period, I guess it’s your free period too since you are looking for me.”

“Tired in the first day?” Seungwan softly chuckled as she took place in opposite chair. “But it’s hard to believe since you are always so enthusiastic to teach this Shakespeare dude and all the other dudes.”

“We are teaching the same thing honey and just because you don’t enjoy your own class doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy mine.” she dryly chuckled and her face wore a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter