It's more than right

Totally Not Interested in the Basketball Team Captain

  

Too many emotions for one day. She shouldn’t have run. Now, everything was ruined.

But… How could she handle an actual confession?! What was she supposed to do? To be honest, that was an easy question that even Tzuyu knew how to answer - kiss her again, tell her how much she also loved her. But no... she had to ran away.

Tzuyu got home and panic came back. What if Chaeyoung now thought she didn’t like her back? No, she wouldn’t think that. If Chaeyoung really loved her, she wouldn’t give up, right? Like she didn’t the day before. There was right. She came to Tzuyu's house…

Tzuyu decided to wait. She sat in the parapet of her window, like she used to do when she was younger, and waited, looking at the street. Her heart told her that any minute soon, Chaeyoung would turn the corner in the end of the road, walking towards her house.

But two hours passed, and Chaeyoung was nowhere to be seen.

Her mother came into her room, saying dinner was ready. But Tzuyu was not hungry, so she stayed in the same spot. The hope that Chaeyoung would appear was still alive, but it started dying as the minutes went by.

Putting all her pride aside, Tzuyu grabbed her phone.

“Momo, I need help.” She said as soon as Momo picked up.

“What happened?” Momo seemed alarmed.

Tzuyu took a deep breath.

“Chaeyoung kissed me, I kissed back, she confessed and I ran away. I know I’m a loser and a coward but what do I do now?!” Her voice raised as she spoke.

There was silence over the other line.

“Momo for 's sake say something! What do I do?!”

“Did you really kiss? Are you serious?”

“ISN'T THAT WHAT I JUST SAID?!”

Instead of actually helping, Tzuyu heard Momo squeal, making her roll her eyes.

“I swear to God if I was beside you I would punch your face.”

“See, I told you she liked you back.”

“Okay, you were totally right, but can we please get to the point?”

“Wow. So now you're acknowledging you like her? I’m proud and happy for you, Tzu.”

Tzuyu closed her eyes and took another deep breath.

“I love Chaeyoung. Happy? Now can you ing help me? I’m panicking because I think I ruined everything before it even started!”

“Oh my God, just talk to her. You know where she lives. Just go and explain yourself. And don’t forget to say you love her too.”

“No, I can’t do that!”

“Why not?”

“Because… it’s late.”

“And you think she goes to bed at nine?”

Tzuyu herself knew that was a poor excuse.

“I can’t do it.”

Momo scoffed.

"Where’s the Tzuyu that can do everything she wants?”

“Well, tell me if you can find her.”

Tzuyu heard Momo giggle.

“I know you can do it. Believe in yourself.” Momo remembered Tzuyu's words, using them against her.

Tzuyu closed her eyes and let her head rest against the window frame.

“Maybe I’ll just wait until tomorrow…”

“Weren’t you the one telling me not to wait?” Momo pointed out.

Damn, defeated by her own words once more.

“I’m serious Tzuyu, don’t let her keep thinking whatever she might be thinking. Just like me and Mina, you’re perfect for each other. Go and tell her how much you love her.”

Tzuyu kept silent. Would she really give up easily like that, after everything that happened? After knowing that the girl she loved, loved her back?

“Thank you Momo. I’ll call you later.”

“Go get her, tiger!”

Tzuyu chuckled and hang up. She ran down the stairs.

“I’ll be right back, mom.”

“Where are you going at this hour, Tzuyu?”

“I need to give Chaeyoung something... she forgot at the locker room today.”

---

She stood in front of her house. She was completely crazy for going there at that hour. But she was even crazier for Chaeyoung. Pacing back and forth, she gathered all her courage and knocked on the door. The panic told her to run away, but this time, she got a strong grip on her legs.

The door opened to reveal a young and handsome guy, looking curiously at Tzuyu.

“Hi, can I… Help you?” He asked.

Tzuyu bowed.

“I-Im sorry for bothering, but is Chaeyoung home?”

“Oh… Chaeyoung.” He smiled. “Yes, she is. Come in.”

“No, there’s no need! Can you, hm, please tell her I’m here? I’ll wait.”

“Oh, c'mon Tzuyu, it’s okay.”

He opened the door and moved away, allowing her to walk inside.

“T- Thank you.” She said, stepping in awkwardly.

But wait…

“Excuse me but… How do you know my name?” She asked as he closed the door.

“Well, Chaeyoung mentioned this tall, beautiful girl named Tzuyu, who'd joined the basketball team. She talks about you a lot actually, so I only presumed it was you. I’m not mistaken, am I?”

Tzuyu felt an instant blush run over her face.

“Y-You’re right, that’s me.”

“Then, nice to meet you Tzuyu. I’m Jeonghun, her younger brother.”

It was obvious he was her sibling, because he looked exactly like her, but in male form. What shocked Tzuyu was that he was younger than her, since he was slightly taller than herself.

“Likewise.” She awkwardly smiled.

“Go ahead, she’s in her room upstairs. Second door to the left.”

“Thank you.” She bowed.

Her heart thumped like it never did. Taking a deep breath, and trying to erase the million tragic scenarios on her mind, she knocked. A yes echoed though the walls and Tzuyu grabbed on the doorknob. But her hand wouldn’t move. MOVE YOU IDIOT.

But she didn’t need to, as the door opened. Tzuyu held her breath. Chaeyoung met her eyes and a small, almost sad smile appeared on her lips.

“Tzuyu…”

“I’m really sorry for coming here this late, but I couldn't wait until tomorrow to talk to you.”

Chaeyoung grabbed Tzuyu's hand and pulled her inside, shutting the door close. Tzuyu was caught off guard when Chaeyoung buried her face on the crook of her neck and held her close by her waist.

“I’m so sorry.” Chaeyoung muttered.

Tzuyu hugged the shorter girl back, wrapping her arms around her shoulders.

“I am sorry, Chae. I’m sorry for running away. I’m a coward.”

“No, you’re not. I know I scared you, so you had all the right to run away.”

“You kinda did, but I was more scared about that fact you…”

Chaeyoung waited a few seconds for her to finish the sentence, but it didn't come.

“That I… What?” Chaeyoung looked up at her eyes.

“That you… you know.” Tzuyu looked away, feeling the blood coming to her cheeks.

“I really don’t.”

“When you said that… you love me.”

Chaeyoung had to hold her laugh because Tzuyu looked so adorable when she was embarrassed.

“Why did it scare you?”

“Because I didn’t know you would actually love me, and I panicked, because you said you do, and I didn’t know what to do. I've never liked someone like I do you, and so I have no idea what it's supposed to be like. My brain keeps on imagining things and I don’t know if they’re right or not and-“

She was softly shut by a finger placed on her lips.

“If you imagined you and me together, then it's more than right."

How could Tzuyu answer that? She didn't know, so, she cupped Chaeyoung's cheeks and leaned in for a kiss. It had only been a few hours since she last felt her lips, but she missed them already, and Tzuyu didn't want to live without them anymore.

There was something about Chaeyoung that Tzuyu wouldn't ever be able to explain. It was the way she looked at her, and no, it was not about the height difference, even though Tzuyu thought it was absolutely adorable. It was the way Chaeyoung left her speechless and soft – she'd broken the thick walls on her stone cold hear, something nobody else had done before.

The air around them became hotter as the kiss got more intense. Chaeyoung gently pushed Tzuyu until her legs hit the bed, making her sit. Now their heights were almost the same, and Chaeyoung didn’t need to raise her head to stare into Tzuyu eyes.

“Thank you for coming here.” Chaeyoung  caressed her cheeks with her thumbs. “I thought about going to your house again but… I was afraid you were upset, and I didn’t wanna push it. Not more than I already did.”

Tzuyu smiled back and wrapped her arms around her waist, pulling her into another hug. Chaeyoung squeezed back.

“I really love you, Tzuyu.” She whispered, making her tremble with a shiver down her spine. "And... I'm really sorry again if I made it seem a joke. It never was and it never will be."

Her deep voice whispering those words… Tzuyu never though her heart could beat so strongly yet feel so weak.

Tzuyu pulled away to stare at her eyes again, feeling contracting with the words she wanted to say.

“I… I-“

“It’s okay, Tzuyu." Chaeyoung comforted, noticing her stutter. "You don't have to say anything you're not comfortable with. I know it can be hard to talk about your feelings."

“I love you Chaeyoung.” Tzuyu blurted, making widen her eyes. “I’m still trying to figure this all out, but I’m sure I love you because I never felt this way before. I think I want to be with you.”

Chaeyoung let her lips grow wide with her cheeks heating up.

"You know, now that I got a real good night kiss from you, I can finally uphold my end of the deal." Chaeyoung smirked.

Tzuyu was about to ask her what she was talking about, but her brain recalled it just in time. The deal in which she'd tell her what her mom whispered to her at dinner. It wasn't as if that mattered much anymore.

"Your mom told me... She can only like you a lot, if she talks so much about you even after you gave her a black eye."

---

A/N: who remembers the deal keke ~~ so the next chapter will be the last one, yeah I know, it's already ending, BUT - for the good news... I'll be writing another short story next, and because many people has been asking me - I'll be writing satzu as the main ship again <3 
Please, look forward to it, both the final chapter and the next fic!!! c: