I would tell you if I knew

Totally Not Interested in the Basketball Team Captain

 

“Hi Tzuyu!” Momo answered the phone, with her almost musical way of talking.  

“I need Chaeyoung's number. Now.” 

“Wow, hello, how are you and how was your date to you too.” 

Tzuyu sighed, rolling on her bed.  

“Hello, how are you Momo? Did you have fun with Mina? Great, now gimme her number.” 

“Why would I have her number?” 

“You don’t, but Mina does. Ask her for Chae’s number, please.” 

Momo gasped.  

“Oh my God, you said please… Wow, you’re really desperate for it, aren’t you?” 

“Momo, I’m serious, I need her number.” 

“Why?”  

Tzuyu sighed again. She knew she would have to tell Momo what happened in order to get what she wanted.  

“I’ll tell you if you get me her number.” 

“Deal. I’ll call you soon.” Momo said before hanging up.  

Tzuyu rolled on her back and stared at the ceiling. What the hell was she doing. But she wouldn’t let Chaeyoung go like that. She'd kissed her good night, but what about Chaeyoung's part of the deal?  

What was taking Momo so long?! It had been… two minutes already, wasn’t that enough? 

Tzuyu grabbed her pillow and hid her face in it. Her face heated up as the memory invaded her mind once more. Her skin felt so soft against her lips… Tzuyu couldn’t stop wondering how would her lips feel against her li- 

“WHAT?!” Tzuyu grabbed her phone to answer the call.  

“Jesus  Tzuyu, way to thank your friend who managed to get you Chaeyoung's number.” 

Tzuyu took a deep breath.  

“Thank you, Momo. Thank Mina for me, too.”  

Momo kept silent for a few seconds.  

“Are you there?” Tzuyu asked.  

“My baby Tzuyu is really growing up…” Momo said with a fake crying voice.  

“ you, Momo.” And she hang up.  

She threw her phone, and it landed right on the edge of the bed. Her imagination started working again just where it stopped a minute ago, but she was interrupted with her phone vibrating and falling to the floor.  

Tzuyu let out a loud frustrated groan and grabbed her phone from the floor.  

[21:54] Momo 
I take my back my words, you’re still the same as ever kekeke and here’s her number ******  
I’m still waiting to know what happened, but go ahead and finish whatever you have with Chaeyoung and call me later~~ xoxo  

Tzuyu opened a new message and stared at the screen. She had Chaeyoung's number, but what now? What the hell would she do?  

A minute passed, a couple minutes, ten minutes, and all Tzuyu did was roll in bed with her phone in hand.  

She wanted to sound scary and fierce, and she would always do it successfully even without wanting to, but with Chaeyoung... 

After typing, erasing and repeating the process a thousand times, she pressed the send button.  

[22:13] Son Chaeyoung, I hope you know who are you messing with.  

Wait, was that too much? What if she ended up actually scaring her? Chaeyoung could think it was some random creep. Oh my God, what if that could ruin their relationship?! Wait, relationship?! What the hell was she thinking?! 

When she grabbed her phone to at least text her saying who she was, she received a response.  

[22:16] Chae 
Still cute when you try to be tough.  

Wow.  

[22:16] Chae 
How did you get my number tho? Not creepy at all lol  

C-Creepy?! No, Tzuyu couldn’t ruin things now when it was going so smoothly! 

[22:19] I asked Momo to ask Mina, but please don’t be mad at them, it was me that asked! I’m sorry if I sounded creepy, I didn't mean it ;-; But I had to make you uphold the deal somehow! 

 revenge.  looking scary and fierce.  everything, honestly. 

[22:21] Chae 
AHAHAHAH I can't believe you went through the trouble just to get my number. You know, you could have just asked me C: Even in text messages you’re the cutest. Don’t worry Tzuyu, I’m not mad, just wanted to tease you ^-^ 

Tzuyu felt like throwing her phone against the wall and then hitting her head against the wall as well, since she was at it. Did she just really fall for her game, again? 

[22:22] Wow, you little akdmskfnwjf you're the worst. You're not a woman of word. Remind me to never do business with you again.  

[22:24] Chae 
:> I’ll sleep better tonight thanks to your kiss.  

Tzuyu froze reading the message. She let her back hit the wall, and slowly let her body slide until she sat on the floor and hid her face on her arms.  

How was she supposed to answer that? Did she have too? She could pretend she fell asleep…  

[22:27] Chae 
Are you embarrassed, big, tough, scary Tzuyu? :> Have a good night, sleep tight and sweet dreams cough about me cough. Maybe I should have given you a good night kiss too, right? Keke. <3  

That was it.  

Tzuyu changed into her pajamas and hid under the sheets. Her face was already burning and she could seriously get a fever from so much heat, but staying buried and hiding was her top priority at the moment. 

--- 

Two weeks went by, and not a day passed without Momo speaking of Mina every ten or so seconds. Tzuyu couldn’t understand why they weren’t dating yet.  

“I don’t wanna rush things, it will happen when it has to happen. Time will decide.” Momo calmly said.  

“Fine, so wait your whole life for it to happen. Time is not going to tell you or her anything, just ask her to be your girlfriend. You’re basically dating already!” 

Momo hid her face in her hands and squirmed.  

“But I don’t know if it’s the right time, I love her so much I’m afraid I might ruin everything!” 

Tzuyu sighed and rolled her eyes.  

“Do I have to ask her for you, like I did for your first date?” Tzuyu threatened.  

“NO!” Momo yelled, making almost half of the cafeteria look at her. “I’ll do it.” 

“You better. Seriously, you two are perfect for each other. She’s just as pitifully idiotic as you.” 

Tzuyu could faintly hear Momo’s voice, but her brain wasn’t paying any attention to what she said. Because she found Chaeyoung's eyes, and the latter smiled, winking at her.  

It still made her shiver. Chaeyoung was too much of a flirt, or maybe just a huge teaser, and that was the main problem. Tzuyu couldn't read her or her intentions. Chaeyoung also got on her nerves with how easily she could leave her with no words or strength on her knees.  

“You talk about me when you can’t even admit that you're head over heels for her.” Momo scoffed, shaking her head.  

“Because there’s nothing to admit.” 

“Seriously, you don’t fool anyone with that, Tzu. You’re too obvious, just as her.” 

Tzuyu slowly turned her head towards Momo.  

“W-What do you mean?” 

“That she likes you too, of course. I mean, you can only be blind not to see it.”  

A faint flush ran over Tzuyu's cheeks as she returned her look to Chaeyoung.  

No, Chaeyoung didn’t like her. Just like Tzuyu didn’t like her!  

--- 

Momo would be going on a date with Mina after afternoon classes. Since Tzuyu was left alone, she decided to stay at school to get ahead on her homework and study for their upcoming Korean exam.  

The sun was already on its way towards the horizon when Tzuyu looked outside the window. Stretching her arms up, she called it a day. She got up and left her classroom. Her brain was in another world, and she only realized her feet weren’t taking her towards the exit when she curved the corner.  

She walked past the first classroom, the second one, then her pace slowed down as she approached the third one. Peeking through the classroom window, her eyes widened.  

She was actually there.  

Tzuyu turned on her heels, wondering if she was crazy. But maybe she was, because she spun back and slid the door open, catching Chaeyoung's attention.  

Instead of saying anything, Chaeyoung smiled with her eyebrows raised. Tzuyu stepped in, closing the door, and walked towards Chaeyoung's desk. She grabbed a chair and sat down to her left.  

Their eyes met and Chaeyoung rested her chin the palm of her hand, her pencil between her fingers.  

“What brings you here?”  

“I would tell you if I knew.”  

Chaeyoung giggled.  

“Just admit you wanted to see me.” 

Tzuyu's eyes widened.  

“No-No, I-“ 

“You didn’t want to see me?” Chaeyoung pouted. 

“I did! I mean, I… just thought it would be cool if you were still here and we could, you know, go home together. Or something like that.” 

The pout turned into a mischievous smile. 

“Well, thank you Tzuyu. I’m flattered to know you were thinking about me. You know, I was also thinking about you.” Chaeyoung placed her pencil on the table and pulled her chair closer to Tzuyu. 

“Oh, r-really? What about?” Tzuyu's body tried to maintain the same distance from before, because the closeness was making her brain work even slower than it already was with being in her presence alone.  

“About how nice it would be if you showed up in my classroom and asked me to go home with you." Chaeyoung smirked.  

"You didn't think that."  

"Yeah, I didn't. I was just thinking about you." 

Tzuyu gulped.  

"What were you doing to be thinking about me?" 

"Oh, I was sketching." Chaeyoung grabbed her sketchbook and turned it to Tzuyu. 

A full page with random drawings, and then, occupying almost half of the next page, was an unfinished drawing of a girl. Even in her weirdly interesting style, Tzuyu could tell that was her. Or, was she hoping it was her? 

"Sorry, I'm not very good at drawing people, but I kinda like it anyways."  

Tzuyu looked up at Chaeyoung, meeting her eyes. Chaeyoung smiled, making her dimple appear and that simple sight was enough for Tzuyu's heart to skip a beat. 

"What?" Chaeyoung whispered, and this time, not even Tzuyu knew how many beats her heart had skipped. 

"Y-Your..." Tzuyu poked Chaeyoung's dimple with her finger, regretting her action even before doing it. 

Chaeyoung's smile grew into a wide grin. She placed her elbows on the table, leaning a bit and getting even closer to Tzuyu, resting her chin on her palms.  

"Oh, what about it?" She asked, whispering again. 

Chaeyoung was too close to her, and that weird force kept their eyes connected. Tzuyu gulped, wanting to get up and leave, but her body wouldn't move. 

"Nothing." It was pointless to try to sound convincing, but she tried to anyway. 

"Hm. Sure." Chaeyoung leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms. 

If Tzuyu was wishing for space a second ago, she now wished to be close again.  

"You have it too, you know." Chaeyoung blurted out. 

"What?" 

"A dimple." 

"Oh, yeah, I think... I do." 

"Lemme see it." 

"W-What?" 

Way too fast, Chaeyoung leaned forward with her forearms on the table, stopping a few inches from Tzuyu's face. 

"Your dimple." 

"W-Why do you wanna see it?" 

"You saw mine, I wanna see yours. Fair, right?" 

Talking to Chaeyoung felt like being in the middle of an endless maze where Tzuyu could never escape from. Even if she ran and tried to look for an exit, they would always end up back to the center. 

"Don't you have to smile for dimples to appear? That's kind of how it works." Tzuyu tried to go around it. 

"That's easy." Chaeyoung leaned even closer. "You're cute." 

Tzuyu used all her strength to keep her face stoned. 

"Damn, it wasn't enough? Okay, then... you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." Chaeyoung whispered. 

Tzuyu felt the world around her spin. Her heart thumped so hard she felt it on her ears. Was Chaeyoung really trying to make her smile? Because it seemed she was trying to kill her.  

But even so, Tzuyu's wasn't able to stop her lips from growing into a small smile, still enough to show her dimple and leave Chaeyoung satisfied.  

Or Tzuyu thought so. But when Chaeyoung touched her dimple with her thumb, Tzuyu remembered that she would never be ready for what could come up next.  

And not even in a million years she would be ready to feel Chaeyoung's hand gently grabbing on her chin, keeping her in place, while moving painfully slowly towards her. 

"I wasn't kidding when I said you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." Chaeyoung's whisper caressed Tzuyu's lips, and that was how close they were. 

Tzuyu’s brain couldn’t follow everything that was happening, but even if it did, her body couldn't move. Chaeyoung's eyes wandered down to Tzuyu's lips, and she couldn't help but do the same. And god, they were so close... An inch away. Less than an inch away.  

Holding her breath, Tzuyu let her eyes close.  

And Tzuyu just wished Chaeyoung had a stronger grip on her, because as soon as she felt Chaeyoung's lips barely brushing against hers, she got up and ran towards the door, leaving a smirking Chaeyoung back.  

---

A/N: don't kill me, and please, look forward to the next chapter...................... kekekekeke