Ballad

The Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The relationship is over... just like that. Of course, there is long reason why we have to break up. i could feel it before she decided it. there’s no hyper in her tone when called me, there’s no excited face when we meet up, and there’s no wide smile when i throw aegyo. sometime i hate to be sensitive person because i endured some time to knowing she want good bye. Here.. i tried to put masks, this mask is so thick till my eyes smile is still showed when she beg to let her go. I nodded and back to my home. i gave my best smile to her, so she can remember me as ‘smiley girl’ and she will less guilty to end our relationship.
Put headset in my ears, play ‘ballad playlist’, let the rain pour me with coldness. Then.. i write this story with all my hearts.

This story isn’t sad... this story is just ..real.. and weird.
...........................................................................................................................

I had nothing but thanks to the scars you gave me
I was nothing but thanks to the breakup you told me
I become the main character in a sad love story
A story that’s only special to me. isn’t it so cliche?

I cried alone in the midnite. Jihyo, my roomate didn’t notice it because she had busy activity this day, she sleep tight. Iam glad about it as i don’t need pretend to be strong and make any lies to give proof to her that iam fine. 
Yeah.. iam fine.. i just feel dying inside.. 
I comforted myself, saying this sadness is just a drizzle. So far, this isn’t first relationship that i had. But.. can i tell honestly? This scars is more hurted than my past relationship. maybe.. i love her.. more than i realized it.

Then... i sleep with those scars.

Morning come, i still wake up with wet face. jihyo’s face suddenly close to my face, “you cried the whole night, didn’t you??”
I shake my head.
“did... did you break up?” she asked with worry tone.
“eyy~~ nah” i denied it. 

My phone is ringing. Me and jihyo automatically look at my phone.

        One message from My babe

Jihyo smiles, surely now she has mind that ‘break up isn’t reason of my cry’, yet d*mn it !! my tears betrayed me, its turn down in my cheek without my order. Jihyo shookt as saw my tears that don’t stop at all.
I run to bathroom while bring my phone. jihyo knocked it, “nayeon~ah, tell me. i know you since we were kids, you are master in holding tears. you even didn’t cry in front me and the others when you are homesick nor broke-up with all your past exes”
Yeah this first time in my 23rd years, i can’t control my tears. it’s too hurt.

I opened my babe’s message. Ok, i forget to changed her nickname in my phone. 

From : my babe
Good morning, bunny. I wish you had nice sleep last nite. 
Don’t forget your breakfast and Happy weekend :)

Yeah, i guess she teased my promise which is... i can still befriend with her, even we aren’t together anymore. maybe.... i regret it now cause her text give me mix feelings. There’s nothing can i do except reply her with good meesage.

To : my babe
Morning Penguin. Happy weekend for u too :)

I put phone in next to soap. I sit in the floor and there’s tears... explode again. this isn’t yet 24hours we break up... but i miss ‘i love you, babe’ in our text already.
........................................................................................................................

Befriend with your ex ... is the worst idea in the world. 

Just look at me now !! iam hang out with my ex and our friends. We acted there’s nothing wrong about it. actually its torturing me a lot. inside of me.. iam screaming her name with full of pain. Another side of me.. i want run to her.. hug her like she will protect me with all costs. And the most stupid of me... i want kneel down in front of her.. to beg her for stay with me.. for back to me.. to pull back ‘break-up words’ in between us.
Here... in real life. i only make fake smiles, keep act as the most cheerfull kid in this universe. And she.. smile back.. without knowing how broken my heart.

Mina-yah.. In case.. someday you find out, i secretly shed tears. please pretend you didn’t see it because i try so hard no to become weak in front of you.


.........................................................................................................................................

The life have shorter times each day, still me and her find times to share our day. Our relationship become very weird. We are friend.. with ‘special feelings’. We are ex.. which ‘cant move on’. we are exist for each other, yet we aren’t together. too much complicated to understand it, too easy for run it cause we can manage it till now. 
We are bickering, we are flirting, we are taking each other, we are caring, we are missing and we do anything couple do, the only different is ‘no intense skinship and no loves words’.
“Eoni, will you overwork??” the question wake me up from daydreaming.
I let out little smile to my hoobae, “oh no, iam stress already with this job. See you tomorrow”
My hoobae bow to me and i put my bag in my shoulder. My phone is singing again, there’s my babe’s message show up. it, i should change the name now, how could i forget it? 
I changed her name. she left message that she can’t pick me up cause her office has event. Weird, right? she still worry me 24/7 like we were on date. Yet, i play along in this game. Just dont ask when those game end.. cause i still don’t know.

Myoui mina is calling....
I picked the phone, “haloo..?”
“chat me when you’re arrived at home. put masker, don’t smile cutely and take care on the way” she acted like jelly girlfriend... for thousand times.
“i will ride taxi, why should i put masker?” i sigh.
“did you forget that there’s many drivers who flirt on you. Stop being clueless about your beautiful face” she protest with sweet words.
I rolled eyes.
“your smile is the biggest...”
“i know. Don’t back home too late, i hang up” i cutted her complain words.  I don’t feel irritated with her call, just... she become too much when complain. sometime i wish she stop fangirl-ing me, because iam n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter