Reasons

Behind the Mask

Minseok practically can't stay focused throughout the day. Things are bothering him and he doesn't know why. 

Lunch break finally came, he was walking in the corridor and he spotted Jongdae coming through his way. He was waiting for an outburst or for a scolding. But nothing came. Jongdae passed through him like he is thin air. Half running and he seems very busy. He shrugged it off. But a tug on his chest makes him uneasy, otherwise hurt.

He came from a wealthy family. Filled with luxuries and riches. His father is a CEO of their own company, which is the first on the list of most successful and most wealthy companies in their country, and his mother has her own cosmetics line, a supermodel and an aspiring beauty guru. Thus, he drowned in all the money he can have as much as he wants. Despite knowing that, he remained the same. Working hard for what he can achieve and being contented on small things. 

Because of their position and power in the industry, people expected them to always succeed. His parents are perfectionists. They want all things to be perfect to avoid negative feedback from other people. So they decided on making Minseok as perfect as they can. He took advanced studies, he goes to school and was tutored at night after dinner. He do sports on weekends and proofread his father's business proposals on Sundays. 

Life goes on, and everything seems like a cycle to him. He goes to school to study then study at home. He was getting used to it. Pleasing his parents has been natural to him. That he doesn't even have to try.

Not until, his sister suffered from a heart disease. The doctors that his father seek on said that there is a small hole on the left ventricle of his sister's heart. Ever since then, his sister was home schooled. She is not allowed to come out of the house unless she is to be accompanied by her bodyguards. She is not allowed to have friends or to call her old friends. Imprisoned in the four walls of her room. In the high fenced mansion. She craves for freedom. And Minseok knew all along.

"Minseok brother.."

One of those sleepless nights, his sister came knocking on his door. Asking if she can sleep beside him..

"Baby, you know you should be in your room. Your nurses will be worried if they don't see you when they checks every midnight."

"I know.. But I just want to talk to you. I missed you. It's been a long time since we talked like this.. I'm getting bored here in the house.."

"As much as I want to let you sleep here-"

"Please, I don't wanna be alone there brother.."

Seeing his sister cry breaks his heart. How can he forget? That he has someone who understands. All along he played by his parent's game. Running in circles in their palms as he allow them to control his life. No. This is not what he wants and definitely not the life his sister deserves.

He needs to get used to it. Wearing a mask in front of the people to show them who has power. A mask that separates him from who he truly was. Or else everything will crumble apart. 

 

Jongdae came home earlier as he expected. Good thing, the other council officers took time to finish everything. He is drained from the meeting. Campus Festival is coming. Preparations and plans are expected in advance. What a waste of time. No one likes this things anyway.

He tossed his self on the bed and moaned as his body found comfort under the sheets. He was about to drift away when someone opened his room's door. He shot his head up to take a peek. But instantly regrets it.

Minseok walked casually as he puts down his duffel bag on one of the tables. He then rummages on the closet. He is sweating. His bangs stick on the wetness of his forehead. His cheeks and neck flushed red. Along with his chest. He is wearing the university soccer jersey. But the short is black and fitted. With knee high socks. He reeks of sweat. But smells a bit of vanilla. Sweet.

Jongdae can't help but stare and gulp. 

'Oh my god. Am I dead?', Jongdae internally screams. He gripped the sheets tight and pick a pillow to cover his face.

"Hey. You're here.."

Jongdae flopped up the bed and look at Minseok. Then rolled his eyes and turned his back. Picking a book on the table and pretending to read something.

Minseok shrugs and make his way to the bathroom to clean his self. Finally.

Minseok made his way out, feeling fresh and relaxed. He saw Jongdae still sitted on the bed. Reading a very thick-looking book. He went out and search in the kitchen for something to cook.

Jongdae wipes his hair with a towel to dry it. After taking a nice warm bath he feels so much better. He opens their closet and looks for a shirt that would make him feel comfortable his back still hurts. 

He was about to wear his shirt when a person opens the door. He stood there rooted to the floor because of utter surprise. Not remembering he was only wearing a dark blue boxer as his garment.

"Dinner is ready. I thought you're still reading.. Or sleeping.. So I just burst in without knocking."

Minseok smirked as he looked at Jongdae's body bare in front him. Almost . If not for the boxer hiding his glory inside. He clicked his tongue and turn away only to look back and walk towards Jongdae.

"Before I forgot.. Nice ." 

 Minseok ily smiled as he d Jongdae's bun using his one hand. Jongdae shrieked and jumped upwards. Minseok chuckled as he makes his way to the door and shut it.

Jongdae felt his cheeks heating up. He immediately wear his shirt and ran his way to the kitchen. 

"Minseok, you mothering- WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? YOU DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF !"

Jongdae tuckled Minseok. He kicked his leg and they went wresting with their arms. Minseok laughs out loud when he distance himself from Jongdae and storms to the opposite side of the kitchen. But Jongdae fuming mad, blushing hard lures at him and trap him at the kitchen counter.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!"

Minseok only stared at Jongdae. Who is by the moment looks like a tomato. The boys hands on both his side makes him uncomfortable. And his face inches away from him triggers something on his system.

He grab Jongdae's shoulders and switched their positions. Now he has his hands on both sides of the boy's waist gripping on the tile of the kitchen counter. The latter has his eyes open wide, confused at what he was doing.

He grabbed Jongdae's waist and inch his face closer. Without any word, he kissed him. Hard. With need. Nibbling on his lower lip and his tongue knocking for entrance. When Jongdae didn't kissed back, his hands made it's way to one of the boy's and squeezed them. Earning a surprised yelp which made Jongdae open his mouth. Minseok's tongue taste inside. Mint and a little bit of strawberry. What a combination. How unique.

Minseok felt Jongdae tensed up. He swerves his face away and look at the boy. Dear heavens. His lips look swollen. Parted as he take down deep breaths. Eyes still wide as he sets them on Minseok.

"I think I like you Jongdae. And to be honest I can't contain it. Care to be mine?"