Twist and turns

Behind the Mask

It was a relaxing Monday morning, Jongdae found himself walking at the hallway of the Business Ad building. Struggling with the papers he is holding close in his chest and a few folders on his other hand. Students greet him a simple "Good morning, Pres!" as they bow their heads to show respect. He returned their greeting with a nod and a simple smile. He is not having the mood to open his mouth to talk. Last night was one of those sleepless night where he has to finish tons of school papers filled up on his desk. Oh, how he needed a little bit of sleep or probably about 100 cups of coffee to stay sane throughout the day.

Just when he is about to open the Student Council door, his best friend bumped into him and knocked him off to the floor. Papers are floating up in the air as the folders scrambled down on the floor. Leaving a now messy floor full of paperworks.

"What the , Byun Baekhyun?! What the actual ! What did you do that for?!"

Jongdae burst out loud making the students turn their heads on the two boys direction with wide eyes. The president is known for being modest and calm, hence, now he looks so mad.

"Daedae~~~ I'm sorry! I really am! I was just.. Too excited! And I need to release it or I might explode!" ,Baekhyun said pouting. He looks like a puppy in distress. How cute.

"And what is it that you're so happy about? That you need to knock me off, huh? You see these loads of papers scattered on the floor? This is your fault. Ugh!"

Being the bestfriend that he is, Baekhyun helped Jongdae picked up the mess they made on the hallways. Murmuring sweet apologies to the boy. Jongdae seem to calm down a bit as he opened the door and make his way to his office table.

"Well~~ Chanyeol asked me out on a date! Finally! I've been waiting for this since last year. Oh my effin' gosh, Dae! I'm finally getting laid!", Baekhyun squeled like a young girl in love. Which makes Jongdae wanna throw up.

"Oh please! Spare me the information, Baek. I don't wanna hear crap coming from your mouth. That giant asked you on a date, just now?! When you've been making out on the corridor for months! How nice. Get out of my face. you.", Jongdae said through gritted teeth while mastering his face expression.

"That hurts! You really need to get yourself a boyfriend, President Kim or else you'll forever be like that. Grumpy and old!"

Baekhyun left as fast as he could just before Jongdae could open his mouth for a pulloff.

"What a nuisance. As if I need another one annoying me when he is already enough."

Jongdae sighed out loud as he studied the papers one by one putting them on the shelf beside his table. He really hates it.


Minseok slammed his locker door as hard as he could. Letters are gathered on his hand. He hates it. Nothing but trash. He throw it all away in a trash bin on the corner.

His schoolmates are staring at him with shocked expressions. He glared at them and hissed. They all make way as he walk to his class. Knowing Minseok might be in a bad mood, people settled themselves on the side. Afraid Minseok might beat them up.

As soon as he got on his seat, he heard a voice announcing something in front. Oh, the Student Council President. Minseok find him really attractive. More of ethereal. As the sun rays hit his face. Which made him look like he is glowing. As he smiles while speaking in front exposing his white pearls.

Minseok doesn't want to listen so he put his earphones on both his ear and listen to music instead. He stared at Jongdae and let his fingers tap on the desk making the president turn his head on the noise. He stopped talking and stared back at Minseok. Then he gathered the clipboard where his papers are clipped and bid his goodbye.

Minseok watched as Jongdae walked by his side and glanced at him. Ah.. He smells of strawberries and sweets. How refreshing. His eyes spark a little bit as he smiled at Minseok. Minseok felt something tugged his heart but he never smiled back. Why would he anyway? He doesn't smile. Nor laugh. He doesn't feel anything. So he just nod his head. Leaving a sad glint to Jongdae's eyes. Now he regret it.

'Damn you, Minseok. That was your chance!' a small voice inside his head rings.

But Minseok never listened to that voice. He knows exactly what is right and what is wrong. He would never ruin his reputation in this school. Not by any chance. Not even when it is about love.
 

Jongdae slumped down on his swivel chair. Pain crept in his heart as he remembered Minseok's face a while ago. He thought maybe Minseok can smile back a bit. Yet he knows he won't.

"What a way to ruin your own day. Snap out of it, Jongdae! He doesn't feel the same way." ,Jongdae mumbled to himself as a sad smile make it's way on his trembling lips.
----

A loud knock woke Jongdae up. He got home in his dorm earlier and slept. He was literally knocked off as he slumped in his bed. Jongdae got up and open the door as he rubs his eyes.

"Oh! Did I wake you up, Dae? I'm sorry for that. But I have an important thing to say and I can't possibly let the chance to say it straight to you so-"

"Will you just get to the point, Tao? You're blabbering nonsense again. Tsk."

"Okay, okay. Chill out man. So yeah, Kris said there's gonna be someone who'd share this room with you.."

"WHAT?! I THOUGHT IT'S CLEAR THAT I DON'T WANNA SHARE THIS WITH SOMEONE?"

Jongdae didn't mean to yell but he can't relax. The dorm owner which is Kris, and him have already talked about this. He doesn't want a stranger living together with him. Nor having someone sleep on the same room as him. This is utterly bull.

"Well, we don't have a choice. All the rooms are already occupied and your room is the only one available. You're alone here. Kris thought that you might want someone to accompany you. You've been here for a year already. Why not make some change?", Tao said that while smiling innocently like he always does.

Jongdae can't comply. When Kris said something, he can't oppose to that. Kris is a really kind person. But he is scary when he is mad. He can kill a bull if he wants too.

"Oh. Okay. So who is this stupid freak? I'm gonna beat the out of him so he can go and leave as soon as he can. Damn. Another annoying , huh?", Jongdae mumbled under his breath as he clenched his fists.

"Actually, Dae it is my cousin. He is from--"

Tao was cut off by a cold, low voice.

"It's me. Got a problem with that?"

Jongdae looked at Tao's back to see who it was. His mouth hang open. Minseok stands by the door frame, hand on his pocket while carrying a huge luggage.

The thing that surprised Jongdae the most was the smirk on Minseok's face. Holy mother of..

"You? WHAT THE ACTUAL ING OF ALL THE ERS ING?!"

Minseok chuckled. Until he laughed out loud. And Jongdae sensed he was doomed. For real.