÷ an idiot's theory

Living with the Kang Daddies


"Something is wrong with her.", Baekho insists while talking to his bestie Minhyun on the phone. On the other side of the country Minhyun shook his head. Not even slightly surprised his best friend was conjuring up some kind of conspiracy theories again.
"I mean it, Hwang Minyun! Like seriously on a supernatural scale wrong." Baekho had always had an abnormal interest for the supernatural. Minhyun has had to endure Baekho trying to catch an alien (that btw turned out to be his neighbors fat cat) and Baekho trying to expose a vampire. Said vampire just was a poor guy who didn't like garlic and got sunburns way too fast due to his sensitive skin. It took some convincing for Baekho to finally acknowledge the fact he was wrong. (Baekho himself still secretly held on to his theory though. That guy just had to be a vampire!)
-
His newest theory's main character was his roommate Sia. Baekho was downright sure of the fact that she was a mermaid/siren. Why would he think that? Where had his theory started?
Well, it all started a week ago when Baekho had caught a glimpse of what seemed to be the fin of a mermaidtail in Sia's room. The door to Sia's room had been slightly open. Big enough of a crack for Baekho to get a good view of a fishtail. Baekho had been walking to the bathroom when he whilst shuffling along the corridor saw into the crack. Baekho had to do a double take to convince himself he wasn't seeing things. Baekho quietly went back to his room. He made sure to go unnoticed by Sia. Once he was in his room he started furiously researching. One of the signs of a mermaid was that they needed to be near water a lot. That would explain Sia's long time in the bathroom. Whenever Sia started showering (or as Baekho KNEW transforming into a mermaid) she'd take hours to come out. Another mermaid thing Baekho found out about is that they the life energy of people away. That would explain Daniel's lack of energy lately. Sia had been spending the nights in Daniel's room. Just a few days ago Daniel had even come down with a fever. It had to have been Sia's work! 
As Dongho had been observing Sia closely he had also seen that she always did the dishes with washing gloves on. Probably because she couldn't let her skin get in contact with water! Everything clicked into place. How could Dongho have not noticed earlier! 
-
Dongho explained so passionately to Minhyun that instead of explaining that girls taking long in bathrooms, people using washing gloves so their hands don't get too rough (something Baekho should do as well) and nightly trips to one's boyfriend's room and him looking all exhausted the next day ( A/N: ;-) y'all with dirty minds know what's up ) are all very normal occurences, Minhyun just told Baekho to "accidentally" pour water over Sia's hands and hold her in place to see her transform into a mermaid in front of him. Minhyun knew that was the only way to once and for all put Baekho's theories to rest.
-
Baekho was sitting on the eating table and glanced over to Sia who was seated in front of him gracefully eating her cereal. Baekho on the other hand was sitting slouched his head propped up on one hand shoving his own fruit loops into his mouth. Daniel wasn't here since he had something to do early on. 
Baekho was glaring holes in her head. She felt his gaze on her without having to look up her cereal. Slowly starting to get pissed off she snapped her head up staring right back into his eyes. He dropped his spoon in surprise.
"Why are you glaring daggers at me this early?", she asked accompanied by an accusing glare.
Dongho, caught by surprise, warily tries to dismiss her accusation. 
"No, no. I didn't. You must've seen wrong. Want a glass of water?" He then chuckles awkwardly and takes a jug of water and "accidentally" or purposely pours water over Sia's hand. As she's about to get up to wipe it off he grabs her other hand roughly in order to hold her in place. She tries to shake off his hand but to no avail. 
Sia shoots him an incredulous look not believing the fuvkery she's being put through at that moment. 
"Let. Go." She slowly says with a scary glare.
Dongho gulps but only tightens his grip on her.
"I can't. I still need to see you transform." He says through gritted teeth with determined eyes.
Sia shot him the best WTF look she can utter up.
-
Dongho and Sia were sitting on the couch. 
Sia clutched her head in her hands. Disbelivingly running his crazy fantasy through her head again. Dongho had just explained his theory to her. It was absurd.
"Did you really think that I was a mermaid? Based on those arguments?" 
"I know I'm right. Don't deny it, Sia. Don't worry I won't tell anyone."
Sia thought it was funny. Here he was, a grown man sitting in front of her, accusing her of being a mermaid. Sia was about to diffuse his arguments when a thought popped into her head. 
"I can't believe it. You figured out my secret. "
Dongho looked at her with wide eyes. Slightly shocked. But then he smirked thinking about how he finally has proven Minhyun wrong after all these years of Minhyun insisting the supernatural does not exist.
"Baekho, you know what happens after figuring out my secret right?" Sia looked him right into the eyes moving closer.
Baekho only uttered a low "What?" confused by Sia.
She his face and started leaning in. He was confused and sat there rigidly. Just as he thought she was about to kiss him, her head swerved and she whispered into his ear.
"I'll have to out your life force now." 
He clenched his jaw and flipped her back onto the couch. Sia stared at him with big eyes. It was just a joke. Dongho was hovering over her, his knee between her thighs, pinning her down. 
"Don't you dare." He said in a low voice in all his seriousness. If the whole situation wasn't so ridiculous Sia would have admitted, Baekho is quite hot indeed. 
Instead she suddenly started laughing. Baekho still starred at her expectantly.
"Come on. It was just a joke!" She couldn't hold her laughter. He wasn't laughing along.
She looked at him realizing he wasn't laughing. He was being all serious again.
"I swear I'm not", she whispered firmly. It looked like it was going to take some convincing.
"Get off me. I'll show you." He obliged and followed her into the bathroom.
She stepped into the shower with her clothes on and the water. He leaned on the wall, arms crossed watching her get wet. After getting drenched wet, she turned off the water.
"Let's wait and see if I'm gonna grow a tail now."
Here she was drenched in her pyjamas, proving a stupid point to a stupid Baekho.
He eyed her from head to toe watching closely to see wether a fin would grow. Of course no tail grew. Baekho just stood there having been proven wrong again. 
-
A/N: Halloween is coming up, so here's a special chapter for that!