÷ first meetings

Living with the Kang Daddies

Dongho looked at his slip of paper with the address written on it. 

"It must be this apartment complex.", he thought to himself. He searched for the keys his to be roommate Daniel had sent him per mail before. It took him a while to find it in his mess of a backpack. He reminded himself to put it in his trouser pockets the next time so he'd instantly find it. 

Dongho took his black suitcase after unlocking the front door and stepped in.

It was quiet in the apartment. If one had listened very closely and carefully they would have heard Sia's and Daniel's deep even breaths. As they were hugging each other tightly their breathing rythm had started matching each other’s. Daniel had thrown off his shirt in the middle of the night as he had been feeling hot. No wonder he'd feel hot considering how much he loved hugging his babygirl Sia in his sleep.

 

It had only been 7 am so both of them were still sound asleep when their new roommate Dongho entered the apartment. Dongho looked around searching for his new roommates. He didn't know anything about them except that one of their names was Daniel. Dongho had thought that Daniel seemed to be a pretty chill guy based on their messages before. Daniel had told him to just look for him when he arrives and Daniel promised he would walk him through the decent sized apartment.

However, as Dongho arrived no soul was in sight. So, he first took of his shoes and entered the living room. He saw a suitcase standing there by itself so he took his own luggage and planted it next to the one he had found. Dongho then explored the apartment a bit in search for Daniel. He looked at the island kitchen and was thinking how good it'd be if he actually knew how to cook.

Too bad he couldn't even cut cabbage properly. He used to hold cooking competitions with his former roommates for fun before. His best friend Minhyun had gasped and freaked out when Baekho pulled out an actual metal sword to cut the carrots while Ren had just watched him pull it out and then continued talking to his reflection in the mirror. Ever since then, Minhyun had forbidden Baekho to ever step foot into the kitchen again. Oh, how much Baekho missed those dorks.

 

Sia stirred in her sleep as she had heard the apartment door click. The noise was then followed by the sound of heavy footsteps. It must be the third roommate Daniel had told her about. She slowly opened her eyes and wasn't the least bit surprised to see Daniel's lips right in front of her eyes. Daniel had made it his habit to hug the death out of anyone or anything that was on his bed while he was sleeping. Even Sia didn't know how Daniel had formed that habit. 

 

The first-time Daniel had slept over at Sia's he had done it as well. Little Sia felt it was suffocating back then and had tried to kick him away multiple times. But Daniels hand somehow always found his hands back to her. Maybe she would have found it cute back then as well if she hadn't disliked body contact that much. As she grew up she had learned to enjoy body contact with people she liked. Her friends in fact were overwhelmed by Sia's clinginess at times. As she had turned quite touchy herself she didn't really mind Daniel's habit of tightly squeezing people in his sleep anymore. 

 

She heard the other resident of the apartment look around the apartment and decided it was about time to greet him. So, she slowly pried herself free of Daniel's embrace and got up slowly. She took a brief glimpse of her reflection in the mirror and decided to throw her long black hair into a bun. She carefully exited the room so as to not wake up Daniel. As she had opened the door she saw her new roommate in the kitchen already looking her straight in the eye. He must have heard her moving around.

He looked good she thought. He was wearing a black cap that had two silver rings attached and a grey loose fitting t-shirt paired with black shorts. She caught a glimpse at his white tiger tattoo on his underarm. It was quite beautiful that tattoo.  

Sia looked up at his face again suddenly feeling shy and intimitated by his good looks. He narrowed his eyes shortly while furrowing his eyebrows looking at her and then raised his brows as if greeting her. 

"Hi. You must be the roommate Daniel was talking about!" Sia had said politely.

Honestly somehow, she had always felt qualms and went shy when talking to men. She didn't know why she had trouble to talking to men other than Daniel. But honestly it wasn't just men due to her being introverted she sometimes had troubles talking to women too. Basically, she just didn't like conversing with strangers. Somehow the condition just was worse with men. Especially if they were as hot and daddy material as the one standing before her.

 

He opened his mouth in order to reply.

"Yeah, that's me. My name is Kang Dongho. But people call me Baekho. Nice to meet you." 

"Oh, I see. My name's Kang Sia. I'll be your other roommate besides Daniel." She gestured at the door behind her. 

"Daniel's still asleep so if you don't mind I could walk you around the apartment." 

 

Sia had visited this apartment a couple of times before. Daniel had told her to come pay him a visit so she had taken the train just for him. 

As she finished her sentence Daniel suddenly came walking out. He had been woken up by Sia's and Dongho's conversation. He walked out and first hugged Sia with one arm from behind pressing a kiss on the back of her head.

"Good morning, baby.", he brought out with a raspy voice.

Dongho watched the scene unfold before him and assumed those two must be a couple. Maybe they even had done something the night before judging by Daniel's get up. 

Daniel hadn't noticed Dongho yet, so Sia nudged him and happily told him the other roommate had arrived.

"Hi, bro. Didn't see you there. What's up?"

 

Dongho had greeted him back and both Daniel and Sia had walked him through the apartment. Dongho and Sia had talked over who was to occupy which one of the two free rooms. They both didn't have preferences so they just flipped a coin. Sia had gotten the room next to Daniel's while Dongho had gotten the room at the other side of the apartment. He was fine with the outcome of the coin flip. 

Sia and Dongho both started settling in when Daniel knocked on Dongho's open door in order to catch his attention.

"Hey, how would you like a barbecue party on the rooftop. I had been thinking it'd be a great welcome party for the both of you." Dongho really liked food so he replied "Sure, why not?" 

Daniel was to set up the equipment on the rooftop so it would be up to Sia to go grocery shopping. Daniel had thought it'd be a decent idea to ask Dongho to help her with the groceries. Sia was definitely going to have trouble carrying all the meat back. Taking a trip to the grocery store with Baekho would force her to warm up to him a bit.

"Would you mind accompanying Sia to the grocery store? I'd do it myself but I have to set up the grilling equipment. I don't want her to go through the hassle of carrying all the groceries herself.", Daniel asked of him.

Dongho didn't mind accompanying the petite girl at all. He agreed the groceries would be too heavy to carry all by herself.

"No problem, man. I'll help her out." Dongho looked across the apartment and saw Sia sitting on the couch in the living room writing a grocery list. 

He approached her and asked her when she'd be ready. She got startled hearing him talk as she had been thinking about the groceries deeply. 

She turned around and smiled at him slightly. She told him they could go right now and thanked him for his help. 

Dongho shrugged his shoulders as if saying it was alright. 

 

The two made their way to the supermarket in the neighborhood. The first few minutes of walk had been silent when Sia decided to turn around and break the ice.  

A/N:

First of all, thanks for every single one of the 27 new subscribers. I love you all!! Hope you guys will continue reading this little tory of mine.

Secondly, as I’m going to be travelling for the next month I might not get to update as quickly as I did now. I’ll make sure to update but the format probably won’t be as pretty as I’ll be doing so via my phone. Like the little eternity sign between jumps of time I don’t think I can insert that one with my phone. I’ll formate/ proof read the the upcoming chapters again once I’m home.

And lastly but most importantly: I really want my readers to have a hand in what direction the story goes. If you guys have ideas regarding the stories, feel free to comment them!

So here are a few questions I’d love your input on:

  • How do you guys want the dynamics between Dongho and Sia to be like. For Daniel and Sia you guys probably already know there’s a really friendly and familiar aura surrounding their relationship.
  • What do you guys want Sia and Dongho to talk about when Sia tries to break the ice? Something sad? Something funny?
  • Concrete topics they could talk about based on your answer for question number 2.

How do you guys want Dongho to be portrayed like? Like a little ? Like a quiet stoic man? Like the little adorable puppy, he actually is?