÷ a fight

Living with the Kang Daddies

"So how old are you?"
Baekho asked the girl, who had just turned around. She herself had wanted to ask him a question but he beat her to it.
"Me? I'm 18 but turning 19 in a few days. How about you?" Why had Sia asked if he had meant her? It wasn't like there was anyone else around he could have meant. Baekho had listened over her question whether he meant her and went to answer her question straight.
"I turned 22 not too long ago."
"Oh really? When's your birthday?" Sia asked him.
"21st of July. Your birthday isn't too far away either, you said. When's your birthday?" Baekho wondered.
"Happy belated birthday!!" Sia wished Baekho and continued to tell him her own birthday.
"My birthday is on the 25th of August."
"That's pretty soon! Have you thought of how to celebrate yet?"
Sia had told Dongho she wasn't sure yet since she wasn't very big on birthdays. Just staying in would have even been fine with her.

They had been getting to know each other (superficially) until they noticed they had already reached the market.

Dongho had seemed to be a nice but stoic man based on their conversation until now. More or less the opposite of Daniel.

Sia took out the grocery list in order to get an overview of what to buy. Dongho had readily helped her get what they needed.

Sia had walked past the yogurt aisle when she stopped feeling Dongho's presence next to her. She looked back and saw him standing in front of the yogurt selection with crossed arms - seemingly glaring at the yogurt. She wondered about what was wrong and quickly shuffled back to him.

 

Dongho had stopped at the yogurt selection pleased to see all his favourite brands gathered in one place. He pondered over wether to get strawberry, vanilla or just pure yogurt when he heard Sia calling him.
"Is everything alright?", she asked him timidly.
Dongho was absorbed in his yogurt thoughts when he replied: "Huh? Yeah. How do you decorate your yogurt?"
Sia wasn't sure if she heard right. Decorate her yogurt?
"What do you mean? Decorate my yogurt?", she asked him for a clarification.
"Look." He pulled out his phone and showed her a picture of his masterpiece of a decorated yogurt. "Do you do it that way? Or.." he swiped left to another one of his masterpieces "this way?"
Sia was confused. Since when was it normal to decorate yogurt before eating it? Don't people just eat it straight out of the plastic piece? At least that's the way she had been doing it her whole life.
Sia tried to sound polite about it when she told him: "I don't decorate my yogurt at all?"
She hadn't expected his reaction though.
He looked at her as if he had just seen an alien before contorting his face and looking at her as if she was disgusting. Just as if he were judging her.
Sia had started to feel pissed about his expression after about two minutes of him staring at her like that.
Sia scoffed before asking him "Why? Do you have a problem with the way I eat my yogurt??"
Dongho stared at her for a while until Sia would have normally started feeling a bit uncomfortable. That is if it wasn't for the rage boiling slowly inside of her.
"I can't believe you don't decorate your yogurt. What kind of monster are you?", he told her with the most serious expression there was.
"What kind of monster I am?? What are you talking about, Kang Dongho? Normal people don't do that! Normal people don't decorate their yogurt at all!" Sia spat those words at him. It wasn't like her, to fight with people she had just met, but the pure look of disgust on Dongho's face was too much.
"Are you saying I'm not a normal person?", he asked with a dangerously low voice.
Sia had started to feel threatened. Had it not been her pride she would've already backed out and apologized. She did feel the need to immediately get away from him though.

So, she yanked the groceries out of his hands and said: "I'm paying for these now! Bye, get home on your own!" and off she was. Stomping towards the cashier on her own.
Dongho continued standing there in front of the different yogurt flavors and then squatted down to get a better look at the individual brands. Yogurt over everything.

Sia paid for the groceries and stormed out after taking one last glimpse of Dongho. Dongho was still standing in front of the yogurt. She dragged the three big bags of groceries and started stomping towards her shared home with Daniel and Dongho. The double D's.

 

Dongho had finally made his decision after 5 minutes of pondering. He ended up buying one pack of each flavor. He had exited the store when he saw the girl, he just had an argument with, drag two big grocery bags towards their home. He walked by quickly and grabbed two of the bags from her while walking past.
She was stunned to see him take them and was about to thank him until she remembered him calling her a monster for not decorating her yogurt. She turned her head away from him and continued walking. That's right, she was petty like that.
Dongho saw her expression. Amused by her pettiness he smirked.
She had noticed the smirk gracing his face. That man was sure handsome. But let's not forget: pettiness over swooning over handsomeness. So, she opened almost about to say "What??" when she quickly closed it, shook her hand and walked ahead of him quickly.
He caught up in a few strides and walked faster than she did. She saw this happen and with how competitive she was, she walked even faster so she was ahead of him again. As it happened before, he had no problem catching up with her. So, they both ended up speeding the way home all the way to the front door.

"You guys fought over yogurt?! Really, Sia?"
Daniel and Sia were sitting on her bed in her bedroom.

 

 


Sia had been hugging the teddy bear Daniel had won at an arcade 3 years ago. He at first had by acting like he would just keep it for himself. When he realised that Sia had made no advances or requests for the teddy, he just shoved it into her arms and told her to keep it.
Sia hadn't expected it and hadn't exactly pined for it either, but since it was a gift her Danny gave her s
he kept it with her until now.
 


"It's so much more than just yogurt!! It shows how he is as a person." Sia retaliated.
Daniel thought it was unlike her to judge a person so quickly.
After all it has always been Sia who had preached about not being too
judgmental. For her to get heated over something so minor, Dongho must really be special in some kind of way - whether in a positive or negative way still needed to be found out.
 


The welcome party still needed to be held. Daniel thought the party would be the perfect opportunity for his two roommates to reconcile. After all they still needed to potentially live with each other for the next few years. It would also turn out to be the perfect way for Daniel to find out more about the man that had riled his best friend up like that. Daniel had thought the story to be absolutely ridiculous.


Hearing about the story reminded Daniel of how Sia used to be as a kid though. She had always been pretty petty back then as well. Ironically enough Sia had tried to beat Daniel up before for taking her yogurt. What is up with Sia and yogurt?
 

 


Sia had been standing at the balcony preparing all the ingredients. Her anger towards Dongho had subsided a lot by now. Even she had started to find the situation ridiculous. More importantly she found Dongho ridiculous. What a stupid yogurt loving man she had met.

She heard the sound of footsteps. Thinking it was Daniel she looked up with a bright welcoming smile only for the person to turn out to be Dongho. As soon as she laid her eyes upon him she frowned.
"Oh, it's you."
Dongho had seen the rapid change in expression and smirked.

"Why? Expected someone else?"


She had still been giving him the silent treatment. Daniel was feeling uncomfortable between Sia and Dongho.
Sia was silently grilling the meat. Dongho was inhaling the meat minding his business and Daniel, he was sitting there, looking back and forth at Sia and Dongho. He was wondering how to force these two to make up while eating his meat wrapped in salad leaves.
Daniel was brooding over the question when Sia suddenly barked out a "Let's make up!". She was looking towards Dongho's direction. Dongho, quite surprised, looked up at Sia with big eyes, gulped down the piece of meat he was chewing and let out a "Huh?" sound. As if he wasn't sure he had heard right.
"I said it! Let's make up!" Sia said with her arms stemmed at either side of her waist.
"Okay. Let's make up. This one's for you then." Dongho handed her a yogurt. It was strawberry flavor. His favourite flavor.

The next day Daniel woke up with a certain someone tucked in next to him. Sia was clinging onto him like a monkey, hands enveloping his upper body, legs entangled with Daniel's. Daniel looked down at the girl's face framed by her long black locks. Sia had climbed into Daniel's bed in the middle of the night. She must have had a nightmare again, he figured. Daniel knew that Sia had been suffering from nightmares for a while now. Whenever she was stressed they'd return to haunt her. She had found comfort in the vicinity of Daniel.
 


The first time she found out having Daniel's presence and warmth next to her helped with nightmare was a coincidence. He had slept over at hers. When she started sweating and groaning at night while mumbling incoherent lines Daniel woke up. Her pained and scared expression was indication enough she was having a nightmare. Daniel tried to wake her up but to no avail. The only thing he could do was hug her and silently comfort her. He tried calming her down by her hair and to his surprise her expression actually did soften. After a while she lay there peacefully breathing softly.
The next morning, he had asked her about her dream and she admitted to having had nightmares sporadically for a while now. Sia didn't emit the fact that oddly she felt very at peace that night. She said that in the middle of the night the nightmare suddenly stopped. They both figured out it must have been his presence.

 


Daniel shifted a bit. He was careful so he wouldn't wake up a sleeping Sia. His left arm was conveniently (for Sia) tucked under her neck. Daniel brought up his right hand to her peaceful sleeping face. He heard someone knock on his door. Daniel knew it was Dongho. Who else could it be other than him? Without waiting for an answer Dongho barged in.
"Hey man, do you have a razor. I forgot mine.", Dongho mumbled quickly while entering the room. He then saw Sia sleeping peacefully in Daniel's arm. It was the second time already catching them both asleep together. Dongho guessed they were probably together.
"Wow, just lucky, Dongho. Out of all the apartments out there you just needed to share one with a roommate couple. Have fun being the third wheel.", he thought to himself.
Daniel brought a finger to his lips signalling Dongho to be quiet. Dongho raised his eyebrows and nodded quickly his mouth forming an o. As if saying: "Oh! Okay! Okay! I know!"
Daniel whispered: "You can find one in my bathroom. It's in the second drawer."
Dongho mumbled a quick "Thanks, mate." and exited the room quickly. Dongho stopped briefly in front of the closed door and shook his head while ingesting the newly found out information.