009

Hands On Me

Kwon Jieun went blank just for second – she then realized the situation she was in before pushing the door wider. “Get in, all of you, now,” She emphasized at the last word, making the six men taken aback before Jieun signaled Daniel to bring his friends inside, that’s when Daniel started to grab Jaehwan and Guanlin’s arms to push the other into her apartment too. It was only Daniel outside when the elevator made a ding sound.

“Distract them,” Jieun said vaguely before shutting the door right in front of Daniel’s face before he could protest. “Who? What?” Daniel said before noticing that Kim Minseok and Park Chanyeol went out from the elevator. “Oh? Daniel?” Minseok called him out with excitement while Chanyeol just raised his eyebrow, questioning him. “What are you doing here?” Minseok asked.

“I’m just here, uh, like, for the cats thing, uh but she hasn’t opened the door? I guess, she’s still sleeping?” Daniel tried his best not to stutter. “We were just on the phone with her and she said that someone on the door and it sounded like she was about to open it,” Chanyeol deadpanned and Daniel wanted to just die at that moment.

“Maybe she needs to go to the toilet all of the sudden? Don’t be so stiff, Chanyeol, you were all smiling earlier.” Minseok chuckled nonchalantly.

Daniel never thought that the sound of door opening afterward would make him so happy, as Jieun revealed herself before tilted her head in confusion. “What are you guys doing making a fuss in front of someone’s house?” She raised her eyebrow. “I bring the package,” Minseok announced happily as he pointed at the box that Chanyeol was carrying. “Come on in, then,” She said as the three of them entered them unit.

Peter immediately Daniel’s leg with his back, purring as Daniel picked her up and snuggled her on his arms, while Minseok seated himself on the couch and Chanyeol putting the box on the table. “The stuff you asked, hold up a second though, why do you suddenly need so many of this? Are you selling guns now?” Minseok raised his eyebrow in amusement. “Why would I snatch your business now, huh?” Jieun replied as she opened the box.

“This is the newest from Colt, retails around a thousand five hundred bucks each, more less,” Minseok explained as he grabbed one of the guns out. “Jiyong hyung would kill me if he knew I supply this for you,” He continued with a laugh. “But we tend to live dangerously, right?” Jieun smirked and resulted Minseok to laugh even more. “The bullets are right under the box, by the way,” Chanyeol added.

“Anyway, where were you last night? I did not see you after the small fuss? Are you okay?” Chanyeol suddenly asked. “Yeah, I wasn’t feeling really well, maybe because of the food so Jiyong sent me home with Daniel.” Jieun shrugged nonchalantly. “Are you okay, now?” Minseok asked. “I’m fine, it was just a slight dizziness, yeah,” She replied with a nod.

“Thank you for the package, again,” She stated when the two were about to leave for their job. “Anything for you really, anything, literally,” Minseok replied as he side-eyed the taller man beside him. “Hey, are you free tonight, though? We still need to talk about the new client,” Chanyeol added all of the sudden. “I supposed, I –,” Jieun paused when she saw Daniel playing with Peter at the background.

“I can’t, we are taking Peter to the vet,” She continued afterward. “Okay, maybe tomorrow sounds cool?” Chanyeol frowned a bit, but he asked nonetheless. “Cool, see you guys at the monthly meeting tomorrow?” Jieun said as she opened the door, leading the two of them outside. “Yeah, of course, we’ll see you tomorrow,” Chanyeol said before Jieun shut the door.

“Last time I checked, the vet schedule is only available next week though, but whatever, right?” Daniel smirked as he raised Peter to his face. “Shut up, Daniel,” She replied nonchalantly as she walked to her bedroom’s direction.

“By the way, where is my friend? I mean, they are alive, right?” Daniel asked when he hesitantly followed the latter to her bedroom, as she stood in front of another door inside the room, which strangely Daniel didn’t notice is there the last time he entered her room.

Jieun gave him an unimpressed stared before she pushed open the door and revealed a dark blue room with at least six screens attached to one side of the wall and about three huge computer monitors on the table.

“You have a freaking control room?” Daniel let out a gasp despite founding his friends, who was busy staring back at them from the inside. “I have a lot of things you don’t and you can’t think about, Daniel,” She replied in a thick sarcasm. “Oh my goodness, Daniel hyung just got roasted,” Guanlin let out a slight chuckle before shutting his mouth again a second later.

“By the way, really cool hacking room, Jieun-ssi,” Guanlin added nonetheless and bowed slightly to her. “Thank you, but I still don’t get why you are all here,” Jieun replied nonchalantly as she searched for Daniel’s eyes, still looking for explanation. “Really, don’t ask me, I swear I was just arriving and they were all like, you need to take us to Kwon Jieun,” Daniel replied hastily, which made the rest glared at him. “It’s the truth,” Daniel retorted.

“Okay, but why out of the blue?” Jieun said as she seated herself the couch, just across the five males. “Ah, more like, why did you guys suddenly have this urge to involve me in whatever you are doing?” She corrected.

“Searching for the other five, but you know that, Jieun-ssi,” Seongwoo replied. “And what good deeds have I done that you wanted me to be involved with that together with all of you?” Jieun smirked again as she crossed her leg, arms folded in front of her chest – Daniel knew immediately why Kwon Jieun is the foremost information trader, she is powerful and she is good at making people feel intimidated by it.

“Uh, we just thought maybe you could help us, a bit, we are kind of in a hurry of finding everyone, so,” Minhyun spoke up. “I’m Hwang Minhyun by the way, but you know that, I supposed,” Minhyun continued. “Hwang Minhyun, Ong Seongwoo, Bae Jinyoung, Lai Guanlin, right? Who’s the fifth and why do I never heard of you?” She continued as she eyed one by one.

“Kim Jaehwan, I’m the hidden card, more less, that’s why I’m literally hidden.” Jaehwan grinned. “Fair enough, but it feels more like Daniel doesn’t like sharing things with me,” She broke into a playful smile. “We share a cat,” Daniel protested right away, which got ignored by the latter.

“What kind of help, if I may ask?” Jieun asked finally as Daniel took in between the boys and her. “Uh, you see, we are trying to get this one member, his name is Park Jihoon,” Seongwoo started to explain. “So, you know our Jinyoung works as an , right? Jihoon, uh, have the same job as him, more less,” Seongwoo continued. “But Jihoon is like the premium deal? The company usually open the bid for women to spend a night with him,” Jinyoung added.

“And they wouldn’t let some random woman to meet him either, even I only got to see him like a second once a week? The company really treating him like he is some kind of national treasure because he is, uh, expensive?” Jinyoung said with a little bit of hesitation. “Hold on a second, how old are you?” Jieun suddenly snapped. “I’m nineteen, and Jihoon too,” Jinyoung replied. “And they let minors to become an ?” Jieun raised her eyebrow skeptically.

“Oh, they usually only need us to accompany some rich, arrogant woman, you know just for them to show us off to some friends and stuffs, and talk just a little bit, and nothing more actually,” Jinyoung clarified. “Are you guys actually asking Jieun to hire Jihoon?” Daniel suddenly spoke up and the rest nodded eagerly as the response. “Nonsense, we could find other way than that to reach Jihoon,” Daniel objected.

“Oh, okay, then what is it, hyung?” Guanlin raised his eyebrow. “Well, I don’t know now, you guys didn’t even ask for my opinion, I mean, we can do it with –,”. “Lee Sungjong,”. Jieun managed to cut off Daniel’s complaint when she reached the other person on the line. “Yeah, remember the you got me for Jiyong’s party last night? I need you to get me another one,” Jieun asked while the rest were either gasping or stared in disbelief.

“Yeah, no, uh, no, I am not in depression or desirous, I swear don’t do this right now with me, Sungjong, can we do this no question asked?” Jieun snapped in annoyance. “Oh, they are on the line already? Great, tell them, I want the one with the highest value,” Jieun then said nonchalantly to the phone. “Goodness, Sungjong, I am too young to be someone’s sugar mom.” Jieun literally let out a furious sigh.

“What’s a sugar mom again?” Guanlin whispered to Minhyun, who was taken aback by the question. “Doesn’t matter now, you will learn it by yourself when you grow up.” Minhyun patted the latter’s back as Guanlin whined. “Tell them I’m fine to pay more and in cash,” Jieun snapped again, making Daniel glared at her. “I am not depressed, I need a name of my fast though, so call me again when you got it,” Jieun added as she hung up.

“You are really doing this for us?” Seongwoo suddenly burst out in disbelief. “Yah, Jieun-ah,” Daniel retorted when Jieun shrugged nonchalantly. “It sounds fun, honestly, and they are right, Daniel, if you are going to do this fast then this is the way,” Jieun deadpanned. “Yeah, but let’s think again about how much money you will waste, and time too, and we still need to think of how getting Jihoon out,” Daniel said as he turned his attention to his friends.

“We’ll figure that out, don’t worry too much, Daniel.” Jieun patted Daniel’s shoulder slightly when her phone rang again. “Sungjong, did you get someone already?” Jieun spoke up immediately when she picked up.

“I can’t believe she’s really doing this,” Daniel whispered to the other five. “Why are you so worked up, Niel? If she wants to do it then it’s her decision, is it because she’s going to spend a night with other man?” Seongwoo wriggled his eyebrow despite Daniel’s frown.

“That’s a nice deal,” Jieun said to the phone again. “Yeah, Park Jihoon sounds nice,”.

 

---

 

“I still don’t get why you are opposing the fact that I help to get your friend,” Jieun deadpanned to Daniel when they were on their way to the restaurant that she booked a couple hours earlier after managed to get Park Jihoon. “Yeah, Daniel, why are you acting like we did something really bad?” Seongwoo added from the backseat. “Daniel just doesn’t like it that I meddle to his business,” Jieun concluded which made the latter glared at her from the driver’s seat.

“Funny, Jieun, I just thought that the money could be used for a better cause,” Daniel huffed. “There is a bigger cause than meeting and possibly collecting Park Jihoon?” Jieun raised her eyebrow in amusement. “Fine, you guys win, I am the drama queen.” Daniel snorted. “I thought so too, so, how does this work again, Bae Jinyoung-ssi?” Jieun asked afterward.

“Just Jinyoung is fine actually,” Jinyoung said as he gave her a small smile from the back. “And they will basically drop Jihoon off and pick him up again at the agreed time, but usually they stay if it’s a new client, which is you, Jieun-ssi, in this case, so, we need to be extra careful,” Jinyoung explained.

“Just Jieun is fine too actually, you called me noona already the last time so why stepping backward?” Jieun smirked in amusement as she saw the younger being flustered from the rearview mirror. “What? Wait, what kind of unfairness, I literally need to work it to become your friend?” Daniel complained all of the sudden. “Why are you so triggered today, Daniel?” Jieun raised her eyebrow meanwhile Seongwoo laughed his off on the back.

“Why are you attacking me all day long?” Daniel sighed, even though he knows it was nonsense – he felt weird that day, like the fact Jieun making decision without hearing his opinion, hurt him a bit when it supposed to not even affect him. “We are here by the way,” He announced afterward when they pulled over to park. “Okay, I’m going,” Jieun said as she opened the door, which followed by Daniel.

“What are you doing now, Daniel?” Seongwoo raised his eyebrow in confusion. “Aren’t we going with her, or something?” Daniel replied nonchalantly. “Hyung, they won’t let Jieun noona meet Jihoon if we are coming too, trust me, they are very strict around Jihoon,” Jinyoung stated. “I’ll be fine alone, Daniel, don’t worry, I’ll bring your friend back,” Jieun said as she closed the door and left.

“You are acting very weird, you know that? Like it’s painfully obvious that you don’t dislike her, almost into her,” Seongwoo said in complete amusement. “It’s not something like that,” Daniel replied hesitantly. “Is it because that you can’t trust her?” Jinyoung suddenly asked. “Trusting is not really our virtue so we don’t trust each other very much, Jinyoung, and you and Seongwoo hyung should too.” Daniel sighed.

“It doesn’t mean that you don’t like her,” Seongwoo said. “True, we can’t trust her, or her whole mafia house despite we are trying to get their protection, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you are not trying to get her attention,” Seongwoo continued. “I can’t deny that, but I wanted all this bulls to be done first, you know.” Daniel shrugged.

“I know, so let’s get this done fast, that is also the sole reason why we decided to get her help, because obviously, since she is taking care of you well, we could trust her that much.” Seongwoo smiled. “Yeah, but neither of us is really good at trusting, so is the feeling mutual or –.” Daniel paused when he saw a black van pulled over just right in front of them before Park Jihoon got out from the car and proceed to go into the restaurant.

“He’s skinnier that the last time we met him, it was two years ago though,” Seongwoo commented. “Trust me, hyung, just because he’s making a lot of money doesn’t mean they are treating him like a king,” Jinyoung snorted. “And Daniel hyung, I think the feeling is mutual,” Jinyoung added which made Daniel turned his head around from the front seat.

“I think the way she’s still keeping you is a part of trust, you know, if she didn’t trust you that much, then she is the first person that could kill you and make it look like she did nothing, and if you think about it, if she wanted to, she would’ve got all of our names without you telling her anything, but instead, she let you do your own thing, despite it will endanger her or not.”

 

---

 

Kwon Jieun thought that maybe Park Jihoon would look older, but he is not, he’s literally at the borderline of too soft to be true that if Jieun didn’t know that he is nineteen, she would’ve thought that the younger is fifteen or even younger. “Good evening, Miss Kwon, my name is Park Jihoon,” He said with a smile. “I know who you are, Jihoon-ssi.” Jieun put on her polite smile as she pointed at the chair in front of her.

Jihoon took a seat with a slight confusion – the lady is younger that she thought she would be, and Jihoon thought that maybe she would be with her friends, but she was alone and they were in one of the most crowded restaurants in the town – Jihoon just prayed that nothing weird is going to happen that night. “Don’t worry, we are just going to talk a bit, and I have ordered some dish, do you want some more?” Jieun said.

“No, I’m fine with whatever you ordered, Miss Kwon Jieun-ssi,” Jihoon replied hesitantly. “Just Jieun is fine, actually,” Jieun replied nonchalantly. “Do you know who I am?” She added when the waiter brought the appetizer. “Uh, they said that you are a businesswoman,” Jihoon answered with more confusion that time, the clients never really engage a conversation with him that way – usually they knew it that Jihoon has studied about them and their requirements for him.

“Oh, I really need to fire Daniel, he can’t even give a right information to my for tonight, what kind of assistant,” Jieun remarked – she enjoyed watching Jihoon startled by the name she just mentioned. “Because I’m a member of a mafia house, Jihoon-ssi,” Jieun stated with a slight smirk. “Miss Kwon, you have a great sense of humor.” Jihoon laughed nervously. “I am not kidding though, I was told that you worth a really high price,” She deadpanned.

“I heard that they are going to a certain extent to get their hands on the final line up members, which is why I am here now,” Jieun stated when Jihoon suddenly stood up from his chair abruptly. “What do you want?” Jihoon stared at her sternly and Jieun immediately concluded that maybe she shouldn’t really be fooled by the appearance of this final line up because looks can be really deceiving.

“Do you like your job, Jihoon-ssi?” Jieun asked instead as she stared back at him stoically. “Because apparently your friend has figured an escape plan for you,” Jieun continued, which made Jihoon fell in to silence before taking his seat back. “My friends? So your assistant really is –,”. “Kang Daniel,” Jieun snapped as she leaned back to her chair. “Are we in the same page now?” She added.

“Depends on what you want, still, just because you know Daniel hyung and the final line up thing doesn’t mean that I can just trust you,” Jihoon stated nonchalantly. “I want to help your friends, they have a little trouble contacting you, Bae Jinyoung especially,” Jieun said and smiled immediately when Jihoon softened at the mention of Jinyoung.

“And they want you back,” Jieun continued. “So, I gave them a little help by meeting you here as a client.” She shrugged. “Why?” Jihoon raised his eyebrow skeptically. “Because they asked for it, and I have too much money and time in my hands,” Jieun smirked playfully and she swore that Jihoon was that unimpressed. “And because it’s important for both me and them to get all eleven of you before the opposite side got you first,” She continued.

“Why is it so important for you?” Jihoon asked, almost sounded like it was a sneer instead if one had paid more attention. “Because Jihoon-ssi, I don’t like it if I lost,” Jieun remarked. “And I am not really fond with the concept of forcing someone to live a certain life, and that’s what they made you did, did they not?” Jieun added as she took the latter’s silence as his agreement. “And after letting you go, they wanted you back? I must say, there’s a limit of ruining someone’s life, Jihoon-ssi,”.

“How many of us have been found, Jieun-ssi?” Jihoon asked out of the blue. “Seven, with you,” Jieun replied nonetheless. “Daniel hyung is really your assistant? Does it mean that Daniel hyung is a part of a mafia house now?” Jihoon raised his eyebrow. “More less,” Jieun answered shortly. “What happened to the rest of us then?” He smiled bitterly. “We have reached the agreement where you guys could decide after everyone of you have gathered together,” She stated as the latter nodded.

“So, do you like your job, Jihoon-ssi?” She asked again. “Not the best but it pays the bills and give me extra money every time, but I don’t.” Jihoon shrugged. “I’m getting you out, nonetheless,” She continued. “How? I have an exclusive contract, Jieun-ssi, I bet Jinyoung have told you everything about me, I have a complicated situation,” Jihoon chuckled resentfully. “Park Jihoon-ssi, I thought I told you that I have too much money and time in my hand, did I not?”.

 

---

 

“Did you really spend all that money just to free Park Jihoon and Bae Jinyoung?” Daniel said as soon as he got into her apartment later that night. “What are you talking about?” Jieun raised her eyebrow. “Jinyoung got a call and he was told that his contract was cancelled and Jihoon’s too, so Seongwoo was out there getting him, and here I am, asking for clarification,” Daniel continued hastily.

“Well then, yes, more less.” Jieun shrugged nonchalantly. “What do you mean more less? Jieun, I thought we will figure it out means we all will figure it out together, and with more efficient way,” Daniel replied in disbelief. “What is more efficient way than money, Daniel? There is no way that they will let go of them with you asking them nicely or harshly,” Jieun deadpanned.

“And I did not spend that much, I’m pulling strings right here, Daniel, I have connections,” She added. “Why are you so worked up anyway? Your friends asked for my help and that’s what I merely did,” She asked instead. “Because it made me feels like I owe you something,” He confessed. “It’s just money, Daniel,” She replied. “No, feels bigger than that, like what if at the end of the day we chose to leave your side even after all you did?” He blurted out.

“Hell, Daniel, I am going to give you that.” She smirked and Daniel cracked a smile at her statement. “On more serious note, I honestly don’t care, it’s just a favor, and because you guys asked it nicely, that’s why I did it, and we are friends, are we not?” Jieun raised her eyebrow. “I thought we are best friends though?” Daniel replied mischievously, which the latter responded with a groan.

“You could’ve said all of this on the phone, you know? Is this your excuse just to see me?” Jieun tilted her head as she smiled in amusement. “I never thought I would got caught that easy, but oh well.” Daniel grinned back. “You know, since you feel like you owe me something, why don’t you accompany me to drink?” Jieun invited as she went to the kitchen’s direction. “That’s a really lame pick up line, Jieun.” He shrugged his head in fake disappointment and followed the latter nonetheless.

“I never intended it to be a pick-up line, oh and by the way, you looked kind of cute when you are jealous,” Jieun stated flatly when they got into the kitchen. “When was I jealous?” Daniel complained right away which Jieun replied with a scoff. “Seongwoo told me that you getting all worked up because I’m meeting Jihoon.” Jieun shrugged nonchalantly as she tried to reach the bottle of extra Soju on the top shelf.

“Have I ever told you that don’t listen to Seongwoo hyung’s s or something similar? Let me get that, by the way, you are obviously too short for that,.” Daniel chuckled nonchalantly as he suddenly moved closer to her and grabbed the bottle from behind her. “Oh, so you are not jealous?” Jieun deadpanned when she turned around just to find Daniel technically trapped her between his body and the kitchen’s counter.

“I kind of was.” Daniel smirked as he put the Soju on the counter beside her but stepped closer afterward just to . “Just a little bit, though, because Jihoon would never have a perfect cliché moment to kiss someone part two like this with you.” Daniel grinned. “Don’t be so sure about that, Daniel,” She replied instead as she tried to push him away – but little did he know that she was not really that trying.

“Have I told you that I’m a good kisser?” Daniel claimed when she was even more flustered than before, with his breath ghosting over her skin because they were standing so close to each other and none of them are really moving. “One doesn’t need to flaunt if he is really good at it, Daniel,” She replied as she scoffed slightly, eyes stayed on Daniel’s.

“Then, we need to prove it, don’t you think?” He said as he grabbed her waist and decided that he just needs to go for it – so he leaned in and pressed their lips together – for a second Daniel thought he had screwed up when Jieun stayed frozen on her spot but then she circled her hands around Daniel and pulled him closer than they already were.

It was both light and surprisingly soft – like it happened so naturally that it almost feels like they have been doing it since a long time ago. Daniel then lifted her up without breaking their kiss and seated her on the kitchen counter as he deepened the kiss one more time before pulling away to catch a breath and to stop him from doing more. “Not bad,” Jieun spoke up first as she managed to crack an impressed smile.

“Not bad? I am good, Jieun.” Daniel grinned as he put both of his hands on each of her side at the counter as he looked up to her – Daniel thought he couldn’t be more helpless than that, than the fact that maybe he does like Kwon Jieun to that extent – he thought he could puke his heart out when it won’t stop beating too fast at the sight of her trying to breath properly after being kissed by him.

“I said not bad.” Jieun chuckled slightly. “Okay, I am not going to give up until you said I’m good,” Daniel exclaimed. “Is that like asking a permission for you to kiss me more?” Jieun raised her eyebrow in amusement. “Can I though?” He grinned again.

 

“Since you are not bad then, maybe,”.


(A/N) It was past midnight in here when I finished writing this, I'm - what did I just write.