014

Hands On Me

Kwon Jieun simply stared at the floor for so long that she didn’t even realize that she wasn’t looking at the object on her hand anymore – heck, she didn’t even know why she felt so betrayed when she know something like this bound to occurred at some point of this whole ordeal. This wasn’t even a new thing, people betrays people everyday, people lies to other people every minute, people hurting other people every second – and as person who has been in the industry for who-knows-how-long, Kwon Jieun should’ve gotten used to it.

But maybe it was because how much trust she put on the team, it led her to her own downfall. “Jieun.” Jiyong’s voice sounded so vague at the moment, most probably because she was in complete daze. “I mean though, what if only Ong Seongwoo was involved?” Jieun spoke up.

“Jieun, do you really like Kang Daniel that much?” Jiyong raised his eyebrow. “One is doing it for all,” Chanyeol snapped. “How can you be so sure?” Jieun countered.

“Jieun,” Jiyong deadpanned as he crossed his arm in front of his chest. “Don’t start.” Jieun glared at her brother. “Can I have a time with my sister?” Jiyong requested all of the sudden, which made both Chanyeol and Myungsoo sighed in knowing gesture as they left the unit almost immediately before the older male let out a slight scoff.

“You don’t call it a coincidence when you noticed a war.” Jiyong gritted his teeth in disdain. “It’s your fault that you brought Daniel in from the first place,” Jieun snapped back.

“It’s not my fault that you are so invested in him,” Jiyong countered. “ you,” Jieun groaned. “Look, Jieun, I honestly don’t want to be that kind of brother that tells you not to do this or not to do that,” Jiyong continued. “You are doing a great job.” Jieun rolled her eyes sarcastically.

“Because it’s for your own protection, you know that everything I do is to protect you, and both of us, and the entire league,” Jiyong replied. “You always say that,” Jieun responded nonchalantly.

“Because I only speak the truth, and unlike a certain boy, I don’t drag you to hell, Jieun, I ing save you from a burning fire because that’s what I do, I protect family,” Jiyong stated, which lead Jieun into a silence. “So, from this second onward, you have to believe that everything I ask you to do is to protect your own self,” Jiyong continued as he held his sister’s shoulder. “Trust me, because I am the only person you can trust,” Jiyong concluded.

“That’s quite an irony since you are a boss of the biggest chain of mafia’s house, Jiyong,” Jieun snarled as Jiyong headed to her front door. “No, Jieun, because I’m your brother and I am the only family you have left, and so do you, if there is people we should trust is each other,” Jiyong said as he opened the door and revealed Chanyeol and Myungsoo, who were holding their phones on their hands.

“It’s done,” Chanyeol just announced quietly.

“You son of a , Jiyong.” Jieun gritted her teeth as she turned her head to Jiyong’s direction – the older man just simply smirked. “Jieun-ah, you know that this is never really a loving industry,” Jiyong replied instead. “You brought some time by giving me ty family talks, and what? You are capturing my boyfriend now?” Jieun scoffed. “Boyfriend is such a funny word, I’m cancelling that now, baby sister, you are not dating an enemy, and besides, you could do better than this,” Jiyong snapped.

“You could do so much better than a Kang Daniel,”

 

---

 

Kwon Jieun was silent the whole ride to the main building while Jiyong keep talking about how important it is to eliminate a threat and in all honesty, Jieun was only listening to less than a half of it – she was tired, most probably emotionally and physically, and she just want it to be over, and by over means maybe Kang Daniel’s dead body or something.

Jieun might not all aboard about eliminating every nine of them since half of them are still kids basically, but to think that she has given up that easily to like a bit of Kang Daniel, had given her a quite amount of headache – she really never thought she would fall for a boy that easily. Kwon Jieun started to understand why Kang Daniel placed number one on that terrible camp – she started to acknowledge that Daniel is probably as terrible as it.

“Are you re-evaluating your life and choices right now? You looked like one,” Jiyong spoke up a second after Jieun got back to the reality. “I am,” Jieun answered almost too immediately. “Good, it’s not a good time to date yet anyways,” Jiyong concluded instead which made Jieun choked on her own saliva. “What the ?” Jieun snapped. “I still don’t get the fact that you actually date a boy, Jieun, I am not letting this, the world is scary,” Jiyong lectured.

“Yes, because people like you and me exist, Jiyong, that’s ing why,” Jieun scoffed nonchalantly. “Everyone is just a tamer version of you and me, Jieun,” Jiyong argued. “But Kang Daniel is not one of everyone, he is a danger, a big warning sign that you should never cross, but you did, because playing with fire is ing great, is it not?” Jiyong continued. “You ing told me to play with the fire, goddammit,” Jieun snorted.

“I never told you to actually like him, look at where it got you, disappointment.” Jiyong slammed the steering wheel angrily when they made a turn to enter the main building. “Don’t worry, Jiyong, you do not need to worry about that anymore,” Jieun retorted. “Good, that’s what I want to hear,” Jiyong deadpanned when he parked the car.

“Now go inside and show them that they are messing with the wrong person, especially Kang Daniel, he is not going around breaking Kwon Jiyong’s sister’s heart like this and expect to still be alive,” Jiyong said.

Jieun fell into a silence – her whole life was suddenly a mess and Jiyong was right, she is a professional, she doesn’t let people go around and break her even a bit. “Kang Daniel doesn’t need to die,” Jieun spoke up afterward. “Why? You still need someone to help you to get a doll from the stupid doll crane machine?” Jiyong smirked. “Dammit, Jiyong, I can buy the whole shop if I wanted the doll,” Jieun snapped. “That’s the spirit.” Jiyong smiled cheekily.

“Hell, let’s make his life a living hell,”.

 

---

 

Daniel didn’t exactly remember what happened or how did it happened, all he knows that he was most probably ed and won’t make it out alive, when the notorious blacklisted Kai, was standing in front of Minhyun’s apartment unit with a gun on his hand, pointed straight at his head when he opened the door. He remembered how the infamous Black List’s killer whispered to his in-ear, “Tell boss the number one has fallen.” – right before he hit Daniel’s head with his gun.

Daniel couldn’t even think right then since it was happening too fast, he just hope none of them actually die. “We are going to die.” It was the first thing that Daniel hear when he managed to open his eyes and recognized the familiar black wall cell – it was the Black League’s basement cells, Daniel knows that since Jieun brought him once there – Daniel just remembered that Kwon Jieun most probably know already.

“I told you.” It was Minhyun’s voice – Daniel managed to sit up when all eyes suddenly fell on him. “They are going to find out sooner or later,” Jaehwan added. “It was not a good decision, but it’s the only choice, they have to understand,” Daehwin argued.

“The Black League takes no excuse, Daehwi,” Jihoon reckoned. “If you betray them then you betray them, that’s all, they even sent out Kai to get us, what an honor.” Seongwoo sighed nonchalantly as he banged his head to the wall slightly.

“We didn’t ask for this,” Jinyoung muttered slowly. “None of us did, but happened, and we can’t blame anyone,” Jihoon replied. “That’s true.” None of them recognized the man who was standing just right in front of the cell before, but they certainly did right then. “Even if you are never given a choice, there is no one else to blame except yourself – hey, Daniel.” Jang Dongwoo waved slightly at Daniel with a smile – Daniel has always thought that Dongwoo is too nice to be a mafia anyway.

“Dongwoo hyung, so good to see you interacting with my prisoners.” A familiar voice suddenly echoed along with the footsteps – it didn’t take Kai a minute to reach the cellblock. “I know, Jongin-ah, I’m just keeping our guest entertained but there are nine of them, I guess they could have fun by themselves,” Dongwoo said happily as he skipped to Kai’s side.

“Don’t get too rough, she wanted them to be alive,” Dongwoo reminded one last time before leaving the basement.

“It really was a bad decision,” Kai – or Kim Jongin, said as he passed a file to Daniel, who was apparently just right in front of him – inside was the pictures of Seongwoo going inside the Iris Syndicate’s headquarter. “Kwon Jiyong’s heart is broken, how could you all do this to him while he was trying to save you?” Jongin faked a pout before spreading a huge smirk. “We can explain, we have reasons,” Woojin spoke up the first time.

“Excuses don’t work around here, Park Woojin-ssi,” Jongin snapped. “No, you have to listen to us.” Minhyun decided that maybe they had a chance. “Do you even listen to yourself?” Jongin tilted his head in amusement. “Hwang Minhyun, you are not alone, are you?” Jongin added, which shut Minhyun immediately.

“This all-star squad concept you have here, interest me at first,” Jongin continued as he took the iron chair and seated himself.

“But, this much of skills, and intelligence, such a big opportunity to be used to become a weapon, and that’s your situation,” Jongin added. “You all even have license to kill.” Jongin smirked and Guanlin let out a slight gasp. “Lai Guanlin, you remarkable brain, I must admit you did a pretty great job hiding it, but there is really no hiding from me,” Jongin stated.

“In fact, all of you is remarkable, all eleven on the Black List? Even EXO doesn’t have that much.” Jongin let out a sardonic chuckle.

“Ah, I never really interested on handling prisoners, they are all usually consumed with fear, but you guys are something, especially you, Kang Daniel, you are not afraid enough,” Jongin suddenly said as he got closer to Daniel’s direction and stared at him straight in the eyes. “We told you we have reasons, we just need to tell Kwon Jiyong-ssi that this is all a one big misunderstanding,” Daniel replied – he was ing proud of himself that he didn’t stutter while saying that to the Kim Jongin.

“Tell us then.” Another deep voice joined them just right after, as Park Chanyeol revealed himself a second later, pulling another iron chair and placed it beside Kim Jongin. Daniel wanted to die at that point already – Chanyeol would kill him first for sure. “I don’t get why you are pulling so much of our precious time but not telling us the reason,” Chanyeol snorted and all he got was silence. “They can’t, ing cliché,” Chanyeol added afterward. “Ah, I hate that they are all licensed, we have to deal with them, ah,” Chanyeol groaned as he stood up abruptly.

“I told you they are all fascinating indeed, how could all of them eleven? Kwon Jiyong could put all the ing blacklisted member in here to guard them and we are still losing in the term of number at this ing point.” Jongin shrugged nonchalantly – the statement confused all the rest of Wanna One – maybe the time has come to use their name again – as they looked at each other confusedly.

“Tell us anyway why, I mean give me one good reason not to kill one of you right now,” Chanyeol said rather casually. “We can’t, we really can’t,” Daehwi broke out the first, as it came out more like a whimper.

“I don’t like that answer, Lee Daehwi-ssi.” Jongin shook his head. “I expect more from you, Daehwi-ssi, as a person who claimed to have receipts practically on everyone, you should’ve known that I kill because that one sole reason,” Jongin said.

Right then, Daniel really wanted to just bury himself, not only they already knew their s doings, they also know about everything, about their skills, about their role most probably and most importantly, the reason why they all eleven are worthy enough to be inside the final line-up.

“Ask the scammer, probably, maybe he could try scam us and make us believe in him,” Chanyeol suggested.

“Make me believe in you, Ong Seongwoo-ssi.” Chanyeol smirked when Seongwoo was looking at him in full hesitation – the renowned con man was asking him to fool the latter, Seongwoo knows he is losing anyway. “It was for the team, I did it alone,” Seongwoo reasoned, trying to sound as calm as possible. “Not bad, but look what our very own Sehun just found this morning,” Chanyeol said as he passed them another file.

It was the brand new pictures, of their very own Hwang Minhyun and Bae Jinyoung just outside the Iris Syndicate’s suspected building, just like Seongwoo. “You guys are adorable.” Jongin clapped his hand in amusement.

“Kang Daniel,” Chanyeol suddenly pulled out his gun and pointed it straight to Daniel as he grinned in amusement. “You know we don’t have a greatest relationship, this is like my golden opportunity,” Chanyeol stated.

“You are the team negotiator, talk to us, we can spare your life, if it’s not for yours, do it for your friends,” Chanyeol suggested with a wicked grin. “We will keep our words, don’t worry,” Jongin added – Daniel wanted to scoff so bad in all honesty, Kim Jongin telling him not to worry in this economy and this situation should be the biggest joke of the year – but Daniel then decided keeping his mouth shut would probably the best choice.

The sound of heels was echoing through the walls all of the sudden, and everyone knows immediately who was coming, Daniel knows too, he just hoped he was right – but he was never been so wrong and so ed up inside when the person take the position just behind Kim Jongin and Park Chanyeol – at that very moment, Daniel thought that maybe if Kwon Jiyong was the one who came, it would probably hurt less.

“How rude of you pointing your gun at my boyfriend like that.” It’s confirmed that Daniel has not seen everything about Kwon Jieun – he didn’t know that her voice could sound so venomous just like right then – he was underestimating her, most probably because he likes her when they both were just a little bit outside of this felony industry – he forgets that she was raised inside it from when she was barely know anything, unlike him. “I told you, Chanyeol, you can take everyone else.” Jieun paused.

“But I have to be the one who pull the trigger for Daniel,”.

 

---

 

“This is stupid, they are really not afraid of Jongin and Chanyeol,” Myungsoo muttered when he was watching the huge screen, showing the live show of Jongin and Chanyeol playing with their guests. “You go there, Jieun,” Jiyong ordered as he pointed his chin to the monitor. “Maybe Daniel will talk?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow expectantly. “You guys just like it to shove my mistake in front of my face,” Jieun sighed but she left anyway.

Kwon Jieun thought about what she should think when she met Daniel and the rest of the members right then when she took the elevator down to the basement, and it almost choked her when she called Daniel her boyfriend in front of everyone at that situation. “Talk to me if you don’t want to talk to any of these horrible men, Daniel, I thought we are having a good times together,” Jieun continued as she got closer to the bars – all she got was silent stare from Daniel.

At that moment, Jieun realized that she has been underestimating Daniel’s heartlessness – Daniel might as well as numb as her right then – and to think that the both of them thought that they can have a normal relationship. “Jieun, when I told you that I will stay on your side, I meant it, we have a legitimate reason,” Daniel replied instead. “My side doesn’t have any place for you any longer, Daniel-ssi,” Jieun snapped.

“In fact, I will let go all of you if you tell me one good reason why I should,” Jieun announced. “Anything,” Jieun added. “I have helped you all to have this fun little reunion, don’t you think noona deserve the truth, Park Jihoon-ssi?” Jieun knows that Jihoon was the most eager, it is going to be that easy to trigger him.

“Jihoon-ssi, I got you out from miseries of entertaining old ladies, and you even looked down at me when all I did was helping you, and now you did this? You and your two faced friends –,”.

It ing worked, Jiyong should give her a ing medal. “They have Jisung hyung, okay?” Jihoon screamed all of the sudden in anger. “They will kill him, and will also kill him if they know that I just told you all right now,” Jihoon continued as the rest only stared at him in shock. “That’s more like it.” Jieun nodded in approval.

“Do not attack the building, they have one of them and most probably Ha Sungwoon too, that poor little hyung,” Jongin suddenly talked on his in-ear. “What?” Jihoon let out a disbelief mutter. “You guys are so slow, should’ve told us earlier,” Chanyeol commented.

“We just need one good reason why we should not tear down the building right now, and plan an attack in more sophisticated way, you nine are just wasting times,” Jongin added. “They are all just wasting times.” Jieun sighed. “Let’s go,” Jongin said as he nudges Jieun’s arm slightly. “I’ll be down here for a couple more minutes, you guys go up first,” Jieun said as Jongin gave her a small pat on the back before as Chanyeol gave her a slight smile before both of them disappeared from the sight.

“You promised,” Jihoon spoke up first. “What happened now?” Jihoon continued as he gritted his teeth. “What happened is that you all are disappointing me,” Jieun stated as she turned his full attention to the team. “And that’s why you all are staying here until further notice,” Jieun concluded before turning her heels around to leave the scene – she did not expect Daniel to called out her name so loud.

“If you want to bring hell, just give it to me,” Daniel continued when she stopped her track. “Why do you think I only want to give it to you? Because you are supposed to be the one who break me the most?” Jieun said as she turned her body around, unimpressed. “Daniel, you barely touched my feelings, and this isn’t about personal matters, this is about all of you jeopardizing my reputation and my league,” Jieun said as she got closer, particularly to a certain huge male.

“I am not supposed to be that stupid to bring all of you inside my circle, but I did, and that’s ty, I am offended,” Jieun reckoned. “We just want to save Jisung hyung.” Daniel gritted his teeth. “And I just want to save my league, Daniel, I think I finally see that we have a common interest,” Jieun said – rather than calling out all the members, it actually feels more like a personal battle between Jieun and Daniel. “If anything happened to Jisung hyung, we are going to meet in hell, Jieun,” Daniel replied instead.

 

“Great, I’ll show you around when we get there,”


(A/N) I'm terribly sorry this took too long, I don't have any reasons except I have been really busy with life ..

Nonetheless, I hope you understand and enjoy this chapter, I will see you (soon, hopefully)

yours truly, karoines.