008

Hands On Me

Kwon Jieun glared at the person in front of her in disbelief, before she let out a slight snort in exasperation, but Daniel chuckled instead. “I mean it, that should be the ideal time to kiss you,” He added with a grin. “Get a girlfriend, Daniel,” She replied as she pushed his wounded shoulder and made him winced in pain again. “Told you it hurts if you did that,” He whined. “Let’s go home and treat it then,” Jieun deadpanned before she started walking outside.

“About the girlfriend thing though, I’m working on it,” Daniel suddenly spoke up as they walked sided by side on the pavement. “Yeah?” Jieun replied nonchalantly as she kept her gaze on the road. “Yeah, but it seems like it’s not doing pretty well though, but nonetheless, I’m still trying.” He shrugged. “I hope she knows that you are either very lost or very irritating, no in between,” Jieun replied flatly. “Oh, she knows it really well, no worries.”

Jieun stopped walking just to turned her head to Daniel and found him with his infamous boyish grin, staring back at her in amusement. “I’m just saying,” Daniel said when she gawked at him in annoyance. “Have you ever dated before, Jieun?” He asked afterward. “I mean, I know you said that considering your job and reputation, it’s kind of hard? But that doesn’t necessarily mean that you never dated before?” Daniel continued to ask when they finally got inside the car.

“It necessarily means that I never dated before, thanks for pointing that out,” Jieun replied nonchalantly as she rested her head on the window. “Me neither.” Daniel shook his head in agreement while starting to drive. “Nonsense, Daniel, you looked and sounded like you dated around a lot,” She snapped. “What? I was eighteen when I entered the camp, that was like the prime time to date, no?” He replied.

“What about those two years at the academy? There has to be some girls flocking around,” Jieun raised her eyebrow. “Okay, I went to a couple of dates but things were hard to maintain when I couldn’t tell them about things that I’ve been through without scaring them off,” Daniel blurted out. “Tell me about it,” She replied with a thick sarcasm on her tone. “Yeah, they wouldn’t understand that we were just trying to survive.” He sighed at the end.

Jieun was just starting to feel sleepy when they reached her apartment, she thought she would’ve sleep on elevator most probably if it wasn’t for Daniel, who keeps on talking about how they should take Peter to a vet for daily check-ups. “I don’t even go to the doctor that much, Daniel,” Jieun said instead when she finally could throw herself to the couch but was soon interrupted when Daniel held her arms that stop her from doing her plan.

“No, don’t, I know what you are going to do, Jieun, seat properly first, you will literally rip your neck,” Daniel scolded as she gave him a scowl but listen to him nonetheless. “Okay, mom, first aid kid is on the right top shelf by the way,” Jieun said when Daniel made his way to the kitchen – he came back with a pack of ice and the kit five minutes later. “Here, you know the drill, put the ice pack on –.” “Are you seriously going to tell me how to put an icepack on my neck?” Jieun snapped in disbelief as he laughed in response.

“Your shoulder need more treatment than mine, honestly, open up,” Jieun said all of the sudden which made Daniel a little taken aback, but he smirked afterward. “Oh, going fast, I see,” He said as he raised his eyebrow playfully. “I’m going to ing hit you again if you said that one more time and I swear on it, Daniel.” Jieun deadpanned but looked to another direction immediately when Daniel started to his shirt.

“What’s the point of looking away if you wanted to help me treat my injury?” Daniel asked in amusement when he reached the last button. “Am I that much of a distraction, Jieun?” He smirked again but then he groaned in agony afterward when she literally pushed his wound again before he looked at her with so much betrayal. “I swear on it,” Jieun said nonchalantly when she took out a needle from the box.

“Uh, Jieun, look, listen, can we just not use any stitch?” Daniel stuttered all of the sudden after she came back to get the fresh wet towel. “You are afraid of needle?” She almost broke into a playful grin, but seeing the latter squirmed in fear, she gave out a small smile instead. “It’s going to heal faster if we stitched them,” Jieun said. “I’m pretty sure this is not that serious, I swear, it will heal faster nonetheless, yeah?” Daniel replied hastily.

“No, I’ve done this a lot, Daniel and it will heal –,” “Okay, needle is terrifying, please don’t make me go through that,” Daniel cut in with a groan. “That’s fun.” Jieun smirked as she started to help him by cleaning the dried blood around the wound. “You are not going to do that, are you not?” He raised his eyebrow skeptically when she was trying to grab something from the kit box.

“Uh, slight reminder though that you didn’t even wince when someone stabbed you with a freaking knife but you act like this at the thought of me using a needle.” Jieun deadpanned but Daniel was smiling when she revealed a bottle of antiseptic ointment instead. “There are differences.” He grinned afterward when the latter started to apply the oily substance to his wound before she put on a bandage over it. “Done,” She declared at the end.

“Thank you, princess,” Daniel said as he watched the latter leaned back to the sofa and pressed the icepack on her neck. “No problem, I did that all the time,” She replied. “To yourself? Let me do that, by the way.” He pushed away her hand from the icepack before holding it for her. “Yeah, there is really nobody around,” Jieun remarked.

There was a silence afterward, most probably because both were exhausted. “You seriously never dated before?” Daniel asked out of the blue. “Why is it so hard to believe when I am literally stand on the same reason as yours?” Jieun replied as her eyes were both closed already. “Just because, Jieun, it just because that I genuinely think that you are a nice person inside out and it such a waste for people not to know that,” Daniel replied, and she can almost hear him smile.

“Point is, I’m not buying that not one man have ever hit on you without you responding back,” He concluded which made her groan in disdain. “You are really not going to drop this topic, are you not?” She said as he replied with a nope. “Go to sleep, Daniel,” She answered instead. “You are hiding something.” Daniel chuckled before he yawned. It was silence again afterward when he noticed that the latter’s breath was going steady.

Daniel smiled to himself before he removed the icepack from her neck and carefully lifted her from the couch as he carried her bridal style. Jieun muttered some incoherent words along the way, but they managed to get into her room as Daniel gently put her on the bed. He pushed the strands of her hair away from blocking her face as he watched her one last time that night.

 

“I’m really working on it,”.

 

---

 

Bae Jinyoung felt like he could just melt into Hwang Minhyun’s embrace when the older male hugged him as soon as he stepped into the room – for the first time in two years, Jinyoung finally sensed so much familiarity in one place. “Minhyun hyung did not even hug me like that when I arrived? What kind of discrimination?” Guanlin protested right away, which made the rest laugh.

“Jinyoung looked like he needed it, while you looked like you are ready to fight everyone when you arrived,” Seongwoo deadpanned. “I was not.” Guanlin frowned as Minhyun ruffled the younger’s hair softly to give him assurance. “Have you been well, Jinyoung-ah?” Minhyun asked as he took a seat. “I have, uh, actually, I don’t know either, and I think I have lost the standpoint of being well? But, I am well now.” Jinyoung chuckled.

“We are all, Jinyoung, don’t worry,” Jaehwan added. “I’m just so happy that I am here with all of you, well, half of you guys, it feels like home finally,” Jinyoung replied. “Really, don’t worry anymore, we have decided that it is the best to stay together for now on,” Seongwoo said as he patted Jinyoung’s back gently. “It’s just we still have to find the other of course in order to stay together,” Guanlin said in reflex, which made Jinyoung stiffen a bit.

“Hey, no pressure, you literally just come back, if you don’t know anything then you don’t know, we are taking this slow anyway,” Seongwoo added quickly as he smiled to the younger. “That’s okay, hyung, I know you will ask about him sooner or later, I’m just still a little taken aback, I just technically risk my life at the Black League’s party,” Jinyoung replied. “You can tell us tomorrow, it’s late, Jinyoung, you need some rest,” Minhyun said instead.

“No, no, it’s really okay, hyung, I don’t think I can hold any of this any longer anyway.” Jinyoung shook his head gently. “I was supposed to be this Kwon Jieun’s ,” Jinyoung began the story. “Okay, hold up, I’m just really curious from the first time Niel told us about this, how did you end up being an ?” Jaehwan snapped in all of the sudden. “Funny story, I got scammed again actually, I was scouted from the streets?” Jinyoung shrugged.

“They told me that they need some kind of extras for a movie, and told me to quit my job at the bookstore, and I was broke at that time and they promised me good money, some times later, I ended up being an entertainment for, yeah.” Jinyoung held his head down. “Oh my goodness,” Minhyun gasped as Seongwoo quickly circled his arms around the younger body.

“Oh no, it’s actually not that bad, I mean mostly I’m just there for them to flaunt me?” Jinyoung grinned, making Seongwoo snorted at him and hit him slightly at the arm. “I have wasted my sympathy for nothing,” Seongwoo scoffed perkily. “Yeah, all I have to do is smile more less, talk if they wanted me to, but the job give me more pocket money, since working at the bookstore only cover half of my needs.” Jinyoung shrugged.

“Understandable though, at some point, we are all just trying to survive, I mean, I once danced to girl group songs while busking in the middle of Hongdae just for the sake of the big tips,” Jaehwan responded. “I would die to see that, mark my words,” Seongwoo teased. “I would die not to see that, mark my words,” Minhyun added flatly which made Jaehwan laughed nonetheless before he signaled Jinyoung to continue the story.

“Yeah, so, I heard they were looking for an for a party, details are confidential really, but one of my friends told me it was for the Black League? I was hesitant at first but I was really pushing my luck there, you don’t understand that I almost died in happiness when I saw Daniel hyung,” Jinyoung blabbered afterward. “I also don’t know that he was dating Kwon Jieun? I was supposed to be her though? And I was warned that she is G-Dragon’s little sister?” He added.

Boy, Daniel can only wish that they are dating,” Seongwoo scoffed playfully. “He’s not? Oh, that’s a shocker,” Jinyoung deadpanned which made the rest crack into a laugh.

“Anyway, there was some kind of a trouble and then I saw Daniel hyung and Kwon Jieun escaping to the second floor? That’s why I followed them because I wanted to greet Daniel hyung but then we were attacked, and I took down one of attacker before the G-Dragon came out all of the sudden and told us to leave immediately.” Jinyoung ended.

“They were there,” Minhyun concluded. “They know that we are somewhat now associated with the Black League more less,” Seongwoo stated. “Is it a good thing or is it a bad thing? I couldn’t figure it out,” Guanlin asked. “Depends.” Minhyun sighed. “Were you being chased too, Jinyoung hyung?” Guanlin said instead as he turned his attention to Jinyoung. “Not necessarily attacked, but I know someone is watching me these past few weeks already,” Jinyoung replied.

“We really need to gather the other soon then,” Minhyun spoke up out of the blue. “About that,” Jinyoung muttered in a low tone.

“I know you guys assumed that I should know where Daehwi is since we went together the last time,” He continued. “Jinyoung, if you didn’t know anymore then it’s okay, we can figure this out together,” Minyun assured with a smile. “Thing is, Daehwi went missing just a couple weeks ago since the terror start to happen,” Jinyoung stated.

“I don’t know whether he was kidnapped, or got caught, or just simply ran away, I really don’t know, he was just gone.” Jinyoung frowned. “We were trying to get him, but it just can’t be helped, even we had a very, very hard time to meet each other, let alone to search for Daehwi together, I barely talk one sentence with him every time and they just –,” “Hold up, Jinyoung,” Seongwoo cut in Jinyoung’s rant because it was starting to make no sense.

“First of all, calm down, you barely make any point right there, Jinyoung-ah,” Minhyun said. “Second of all, you said we, who is we?” Seongwoo added hastily, which made Jinyoung gasped as he palmed himself on the forehead. “I can’t believe I didn’t say anything, sorry, my bad.” Jinyoung cracked a small grin. “Hyung, I may not know where Daehwi is now, but,”.

 

“I can take you to the Park Jihoon,”.

 

---

 

“Why are you wearing last night’s shirt? That is so gross,”. Daniel turned his head immediately to the source of the voice, which was Jieun, who was leaning at her bedroom doorframe with her bed face. “Thanks for the compliment, I guess?” Daniel grinned. “I told you, you can wear the spare clothes that Jiyong have,” She replied. “Well, it mostly doesn’t fit and I don’t feel comfortable wearing Jiyong-ssi’s clothes.” He shrugged. “Then put some of your clothes here, I don’t mind,” She said nonchalantly as she walked to the kitchen.

“I’m what? You are suggesting what?” Daniel gasped in disbelief instead as the reaction. “Put some of your clothes here, you are going to spend your times in here anyway, I am not going to clean Peter’s s,” Jieun deadpanned. “Jieun-ah, are you asking me to move in with you?” He asked as his lips curled up slightly to form a smirk. “I did not imply anything like that,” She snapped immediately.

“You kind of are,” Daniel insisted as he got closer to the latter, who was sipping her morning coffee. “Nonetheless, yes, Jieun, I would like to move in with you,” He added with a wide grin as the latter glared at him. “I will never let you meet Peter –,”. “Yes, Jieun, I would like to be your roommates,” He corrected himself instantly. “Occasional roommates,” Jieun stated. “You are okay with the term roommates but not moving in together? What’s the difference?” Daniel threw his hand to the air.

“Feels like you have to have more commitment if you used the term moving in together,” Jieun replied flatly. “Fair point though, maybe we could just do that some times later.” Daniel almost smiled when Jieun didn’t retort to his statement. “I have to go, by the way, are you going to be okay?” He asked suddenly. “I am going to be okay, Daniel, why do you think I won’t?”.

 

Daniel bid the latter goodbye ten minutes later and preceded to go to Minhyun’s apartment, it took him another thirty minutes before he arrived at the place. “Daniel hyung,” Jinyoung greeted him excitedly from the kitchen’s counter. “What happened to you?” Minhyun asked immediately when he spotted the dried bloodstains, which honestly looked more like a pattern of the shirt instead right then. “Stabbed, no big deal though, can I borrow some clothes, hyung?” Daniel replied.

“No big deal, he said, I would’ve died if someone stabbed me like that,” Jaehwan huffed as he put a slice of bread to his mouth. “No, you won’t, Jaehwan hyung, you are our hidden card, you can’t die.” Guanlin chuckled in response. “Jaehwan, you’ve been into worse than this, I swear – oh, thanks, hyung.” Daniel smiled to Seongwoo when the older handed him a set of fresh clothes. “You stink, take a bath,” Seongwoo said in reply, which the latter nodded and went to the bathroom.

Daniel came back to the kitchen fifteen minutes later just to find the rest of the members are arguing about something he can’t really understand. “It’s a good, terrific plan, I actually can’t wait to do it,” Guanlin said when Daniel seated himself at one of the chair. “Okay, but here’s the main point, will it work like legitimately? And will she do it? I mean, I know she want this too, but there is no guarantee that she wants to do it,” Minhyun reckoned.

“We have to try first? I mean Daniel hyung can’t make it work supposedly?” Jinyoung added. “It’s true, though, Daniel might make this work,” Seongwoo added as he nodded in acknowledgement. “Are you guys going to keep talking like I am not here?” Daniel raised his eyebrow in amusement. “No, we know you are there, don’t worry, we were just thinking the consequences,” Seongwoo replied nonchalantly. “Of what, hyung?” Daniel asked in confusion. “Of our plan, hyung, it’s really exciting, you should hear,” Guanlin replied instead.

“Yeah, but what is this exciting plan again?” Daniel knitted his eyebrow together. “Of getting Park Jihoon back,” Jaehwan stated. “Oh, I thought Jinyoung was going with Daehwi? I honestly thought we would get him first?” Daniel replied in more confusion when Minhyun shot him a look when Jinyoung let out a slight dejected sigh. “Or not? We could always get anyone first,” Daniel corrected himself afterward. “Long story short, no, we are getting our Jihoon first but we can’t do it alone,” Seongwoo concluded.

“There are wait, how many, one, two, three – six of us,” Daniel deadpanned as he counted. “Yeah, but apparently we need someone in a form of a woman,” Minhyun replied nonchalantly. “Moreover, a woman with enormous amount resources, money, and connection, and more likely to be good at acting,” Seongwoo added. “Does it kind of ring a bell?” Seongwoo continued as Daniel only stared at him in utter bewilderment. “Wait, I never really learn about the plan itself,” Daniel said instead.

 

“Plan is, we need Kwon Jieun,”.

 

---

 

Kwon Jieun the grey cat that was snuggling closely to her body on the couch as she lazily scrolled down her phone at the same time. It was almost lunchtime, but she didn’t even bother to get herself some food, when her phone rang all of the sudden. “What is it?” Jieun picked up as soon as she saw her brother’s name flashed on the screen. “Just making sure that you are alive,” Jiyong replied nonchalantly. “Are you and Daniel and his friend okay?” Jiyong added afterward.

“It’s kind of scary that you care so much about Daniel and his friend,” Jieun said. “Again, I’m just making sure that none of you three died,” Jiyong snorted. “We are alive, thank you for asking, Jiyong,” Jieun replied stoically. “What are you up to?” Jiyong asked all of the sudden. “Nothing, I’m just, playing with my cat,” Jieun answered nonchalantly. “It is still weird that you adopted a cat, with Daniel.” Jiyong emphasized the last two words.

“I’m not going to have this conversation right now, Jiyong, now if you excuse me, I have lunch to make, bye.” Jieun ended the call abruptly before another call came. “What is it?” Jieun picked up the phone without looking at the screen this time. “We are nearing, we bring the bullets that you asked this morning,”. The man said from the other line. “Okay, who are you bringing though, Minseok-ssi?” Jieun raised her eyebrow.

What’s with the sudden formality, it’s Chanyeol although he’s the one who is asking to come, but you know that.” Minseok chuckled – Jieun heard him groaned afterward supposedly after Chanyeol hit him – but she was more distracted by the doorbell. “Are you here?” Jieun said as she proceeded to open the door. “Not yet, we are just parking,” Minseok replied and made Jieun raised her eyebrow skeptically, calculating who might be visiting her.

She certainly didn’t expect to see six men in front of her door, looking like a bunch of lost stray dogs. “Hey, we are going up already,” Minseok informed from the phone. “What?” Jieun managed to speak up when she was still in confusion while searching for Daniel’s explanation.

 

“We need your help,”.


(A/N) Hey, I hope you guys like the chapter, I tried to finish it but it's really hard. I have promised myself that I would update today, but the thing is, it's been really hard. Truthfully, my ultimate group is not Wanna One, it's Infinite. 

And today Hoya decided to leave Infinite and even though he is not my ultimate bias, he still have the special place in my heart. I have stan them for three years now, and my heart broke even though I somewhat have expected this to come. 

I don't know when will I update again, but I certainly will, I hope you guys understand. Thank you for subscribing and leaving comments <3 You guys truly made me happy and really helps me continuing this story, I sincerely appreciate it :)

yours truly, karoines.