006

Hands On Me

Kang Daniel took a deep breath once he re-entered the room alone and realized that he probably have some explaining to do to the rest of the member. “Name is Kwon Jieun, twenty-two years old, older brother is Kwon Jiyong, more known as G-Dragon, the boss of the Black League, which makes him one of the most powerful and influential mafia boss in Asia, which also makes her nearly as invincible as her brother,” Seongwoo said out loud with a teasing smirk when Daniel plopped himself at the couch.

“Blood and brilliance come hand in hand,” Minhyun added.

“I mean, no wonder that she actually recognized me at the first glance, she must’ve seen me somewhere,” Minhyun continued. “You are in a group for the past two years, of course she have seen you before, they probably have you in their database,” Seongwoo replied. “We never really make it though –,”. “Nonetheless, hyung, nonetheless,” Daniel cut it with a slight smile. “They are the Black League after all,” Daniel added.

“Hey, question though, how furious G-Dragon will be if he knows that you are most probably banging his sister?” Seongwoo joked and got Daniel to throw a pillow at him while letting out a whine. “Hyung, I told you that –,”. “You don’t like her, you just have this mere crush on her because you two were stuck together for days? Well then, let me tell you again this that I would believe you if you were not being so obvious when we met at the coffee shop,”.

“You eyes were literally dripping with honey, Niel, you are so whipped,” Seongwoo continued with a laugh. “Daniel hyung did what?” Guanlin snapped in excitement, as he got closer to Daniel, eyes full of interest. “Rather than asking that, you could actually tell us what really happened in Taipei and tell us about these friends that tried to sell you,” Daniel said as he ruffled the younger’s hair before he chuckled when Guanlin groaned.

“He was just trying to distract from the real question here, like, are you guys a real thing now?” Seongwoo raised his eyebrow in curiosity. “Like what kind of real thing? Like in a relationship or they are just banging each other?” Guanlin added with a huge grin before Minhyun hit Seongwoo’s head slightly. “Look what you did to the youngest, language, Seongwoo, goodness, Jisung hyung would probably wash that mouth with a bleach,” Minhyun ranted.

“Hey, I’m pretty sure Guanlin knows it already even before I said it,” Seongwoo retorted. “He’s still a minor,” Minhyun scoffed in disbelief. “Seriously, hyung, you all have to stop treating me like a kid, hell, you can try to keep someone else’s innocence whose life hasn’t been screwed over with some training camp,” Guanlin huffed in annoyance which immediately soften the rest.

“And please, stop pitying over me, hyung, I’m fine, like I’m really glad I am here with you guys again, and soon with the rest of us too.” Guanlin gave them a slight smile, which caused the other smiled along too. “But on serious note, Guanlin, what really happened in Taipei?” Minhyun suddenly asked. “Friends are not friends, hyung, that’s all what happened, I don’t know where the –,”. “Language,” Seongwoo snapped this time sternly which made Guanlin rolled his eyes.

“I don’t know how they know that I am in the final line up, so, point is, they literally tried to sell me once they know that someone is coming after me,” Guanlin explained.

“Hacked some database and get me a ticket to Seoul as soon as possible, which is pretty hard knowing that they got eyes everywhere, that’s why I took so long, but eventually made it yesterday.” Guanlin shrugged. “Then hacked to some other’s database again before using the public library’s computer to find Seongwoo hyung,” The younger finished.

“That’s a lot of illegal actions in one paragraph, wow,” Seongwoo deadpanned as he clapped his hand. “That’s why we need to get into the Black League, right? So I won’t be arrested for any of that, kudos to Daniel hyung though for being found by Kwon Jiyong,” Guanlin said in utter delight. “We actually need to make it as if they are the one that gather us so in some way we didn’t go against the contract,” Minhyun snapped.

“I thought the contract has been burnt to the ground? They don’t have any evidence that we were once tied to them.” Guanlin frowned. “Doesn’t make them any less eager of owning us back,” Seongwoo replied nonchalantly. “But the most important part is, we have to get the rest first, guys, it is important that everyone is safe and on the same page.” Daniel sighed. “Hey, by the way, how many of us does Kwon Jieun know that you have found?” Minhyun asked out of the blue.

“Did I miss anything?” A drowsy voice came from the bedroom door and made all the four turned their head immediately to the voice owner. “I thought you were dead, goodness, Seongwoo believed I should kiss you in order to wake you up or something,” Minhyun huffed. “Ah, Kang Daniel, long time no see, Minhyun told me that you will come today, but yeah, I’m tired as , ha, sorry for that.” The fifth male grinned cheekily as he waved his hand to Daniel.

 

“It’s very nice meeting you too, Jaehwan,”.

 

---

 

Hey, Daniel.” Her voice was kind of hushed though the phone – Daniel wasn’t really sure whether she was really talking in a low voice or because the background music was kind of louder than it should be. “Hey, are you okay?” Daniel shot up from the couch and made Seeongwoo looked at him suspiciously – it was the second day since they crash into Minhyun’s place. “I’m fine but quick question though, do you remember that I added save Kwon Jieun from a bad date to your job desk?” The latter replied hastily.

“I did not agree to that by the way, but you are on a date?” Daniel decided to go further away from Seongwoo, who was smirking mischievously at him. “Uh, more less, but nonetheless, come pick me the now, and act like something urgent has come up, be specific and made it sounds like it’s very important,” Jieun ordered. “Ugh, he must’ve been really bad, although I am not surprise because all you did was hanging out with me, must be tough at finding my match.” Daniel grinned widely.

I don’t need this version of Daniel right now by the way, I need the one that looks like a stray puppy, can you please switch yourself out for a second,” Jieun snapped. “Got it, and on my way, princess,” He replied nonchalantly, his smile was still there. “And ing stop calling me with that, Daniel, I swear, it’s been two hellish days, get your damned sense back,” She snorted before she hung up the phone.

“I see, we are on the stage of calling each other pet names to annoy the hell out of one another,” Seongwoo said from behind Daniel all of the sudden, which made the latter grabbed his chest. “Stop, doing that, hyung,” Daniel replied as he grabbed his jacket and necessities. “Have fun, but don’t have too much fun, you still want to be alive, remember that.” Seongwoo smirked. “Thanks for the helpful advice though, hyung,” Daniel snorted as he left the apartment after saying goodbye to the rest.

The sun was still up pretty high when Daniel nearing the location Jieun has shared with him, although he was still very much in confusion on why the hell did she suddenly agree on going to a date – he was a little bit pissed by the fact that she didn’t tell him anything and just simply forced him to catch up with his friends instead of following her around, but nonetheless, he shrugged it off.

Daniel wanted to run away when he entered the small restaurant and saw Jieun was sitting with no other than the Park Chanyeol – Daniel would’ve rejected it if he knew whom he would be dealing with. “Hey.” That was all Daniel could come up with when he found himself standing besides the table – he was pretty sure that Chanyeol’s eyes was trying to murder him right on the spot.

“Oh, Daniel, what’s up? I gave you a day off, did I not?” Jieun raised her eyebrow in complete confusion as if she didn’t call Daniel earlier to pick her up. “Listen,” Daniel said briskly, trying to sound like he was in hurry and at the same time, hoping that the other male didn’t see him fidget. “You know that – that,”. In all of the sudden, Daniel recalled their conversation from last week.

Cats,” Daniel added with a -eating grin and he was pretty sure that if Jieun could kill him right then, she would. “You know the cat, from last week? Adopting and stuffs,” Daniel continued to explain, which made Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrow even more. “You were trying to adopt cats, Jieun?” Chanyeol asked.

We, uh, yeah, we both are trying to have a cat – no, I mean, adopt a cat, you know, just like this split ownership thingy.” Daniel wanted to die while saying those. “The shelter called and they decided that we could take the cat, and not the other couple – I mean person, person,” Daniel emphasized at end after having a tongue slip that almost got him killed.

“But they said something like, you have to grab it fast, showing dedication, you know, or else, we might not get the last-week cat we saw,” Daniel added with a shrug – there was a long silence and Daniel thought that could be his last moment on earth, whether because of Jieun or Chanyeol, he doesn’t know. “Alright,” Jieun suddenly said as she stood up from the booth. “Wait, you are serious about this?” Chanyeol said in disbelief.

“Of course, Chanyeol, we are adopting a cat, for real,” Jieun said as she pointed at both Daniel and her. “I mean, you could come tomorrow and visit the new cat at my apartment,” Jieun stated which made Daniel a little bit taken aback. “Sure, okay, I’ll drop by tomorrow,” Chanyeol said, still suspiciously staring at Daniel. “Great, good meal by the way, thanks for the time.” Jieun smiled slightly before subtly dragging Daniel out from the place.

“Please don’t kill me just yet,” Daniel said once they both got into the car. “Not yet, Daniel, although if we can’t find a cat until tomorrow then I will,”.

 

---

 

Fortunately for Daniel, they did get a cat from one of the shelter in Incheon – a seal silver lynx Bengal cat. And after spending hours looking for it necessities, they finally arrived at Jieun’s apartment after three hours of driving back and forth just to find a cat. “We should name him,” Daniel suggested when the cat snuggled into Daniel’s chest when they were sitting on the couch.

“You name it then since this is all your idea of something very urgent.” Jieun sighed. “Sorry for that though, again, I just suddenly remembered about out conversation last week,” Daniel said and gave her an apologetic face. “Out of all the conversation we had and you just have to remember about cats.” Jieun rolled her eyes. “But you like it, right? I do recall that you said that you would like it to raise one someday,” Daniel said as he grinned when the cat went to Jieun’s direction.

“He likes you already,” Daniel added in excitement when the cat snuggled closer to Jieun and purred. “He? I’m pretty sure that the lady said it was a she?” Jieun raised her eyebrow as she brought herself to gently the cat’s fur. “I know more about cat, and he is definitely a boy, let’s call him Peter, like one of my old cats.” He grinned cheekily.

“You are just happy that you are able to raise a cat, again,” Jieun deadpanned, which made Daniel to smirk. “With you though,” He replied nonchalantly. “Still amusing how you could switch personality in just a second, I’m still impressed,” Jieun remarked. “Yeah? I still have much more to offer and obviously to impress you,” Daniel snickered which made Jieun let out a scoff.

“Anyway,” Daniel sighed just a second later. “You really should tell me that I will be dealing with Chanyeol-ssi earlier, I really feel bad for him,” He continued. “Me too, sorry that I got you involved, I was just feeling, alarmed.” She shrugged, even though she was constantly reminding herself mentally that she did not have to say sorry but nonetheless, she did it. “Describe alarmed,” Daniel replied, eyes fixed on the latter who was shaking her head.

“Just, I don’t know, he said he wanted to talk about a deal with the new client? But then he started to talk about more personal stuffs, I freaked out,” Jieun said, still Peter’s fur. “You guys don’t talk personal stuffs on daily basis?” Daniel raised his eyebrow in confusion. “We never talk about personal stuffs on daily basis, Daniel, note this, you shouldn’t trust anyone, literally, anyone,” Jieun replied nonchalantly.

“Is this means that you trust me?” Daniel asked out of the blue. “No, I don’t trust you, completely,” She said bluntly, which caused Daniel’s shoulder to drop in instant, even though he himself doesn’t trust her too completely, and the fact that they barely trust each other made him bitter somehow. “But, I guess, you are a friend, somewhat.” She shrugged. “We are raising a cat together, we are more than friends, Jieun.” Daniel chuckled.

“You are most probably right, there is something strange between us now.” Jieun smiled when Peter suddenly jumped into her stomach and snuggled closer. “And I think I might just like it, more than I should,” She continued vaguely – Daniel’s stomach might just jumped a bit when Jieun leaned hear head closer to Peter’s tiny one – he have to admit that even in his wildest dream, he never thought to raise a cat together with the Kwon Jieun. “Me too,” Daniel muttered.

 

“I think it’s perfect,”.

 

---

 

They were woken up by the sound of the doorbell ringing and by how Peter mewed annoyingly enough by the loud noise. In fact, both Daniel and Jieun were too tired to even move from the couch or to go home to sleep properly, so they both were just kind of fell asleep on her apartment, together. “It’s eight in the ing morning,” Jieun groaned when she her phone screen while Daniel was getting ready to open the door.

“It’s probably important?” He replied in his raspy voice before he yawned – Jieun was not ready when she saw Daniel in his just-woken-up self, which is messy hair and deep voice, and completely sluggish. “What so important at eight in the morni –,” Jieun stopped talking when Daniel opened the door and revealed no other than Chanyeol alongside with Myungsoo.

“Did you two sleep together?” Myungsoo asked first thing first when Chanyeol was still trying to register the scene in front of him where Jieun and Daniel did look like they were spending a night together and most importantly, there is truly a cat inside the apartment. “What?” Jieun raised her eyebrow before she realized that they did sleep together, technically.

“No, it’s not like that, we were just – the cat? Daniel is the co-owner and the one with the cat experience,” Jieun reasoned and Daniel nodded in agreement. “You don’t have to sleep in one unit to be a co-owners though,” Chanyeol said in subdued disdain. “I think we were just simply too tired? The shelter was in Incheon, we –.” Daniel tried to explain but as soon as Chanyeol turned his attention to Daniel with a death glare, he shut up immediately.

“Ah, she’s adorable, what’s her name?” Myungsoo said instead as he picked up Peter.

“It’s Peter and Daniel was pretty sure when he said it was a boy,” Jieun replied as she crossed her arm on her chest and gave Daniel a skeptical look. “It’s a girl, though, you know I once raised so many cats, so believe me, I know.” Myungsoo chuckled. “Well, I told him it’s a girl, now she is stuck with Peter for the rest of her life, thanks to Daniel,” She deadpanned.

“Right, sorry for that too.” Daniel let out a guilty chuckle. “I was confused, okay? It was pretty late last night,” He added with a low voice to Jieun, who was still looking unimpressed. “So, you two are the parents?” Myungsoo asked nonchalantly, ignoring the furious lanky male on the other side of the room. “Parents sounds too serious, we are just uh,” Daniel paused as he looked at Jieun to search for help.

“Are we really going to argue about what me and Daniel is? You know what? Let’s talk about why are you here, Myungsoo, I mean, I let Chanyeol drop by because he wanted to see the cat even though I didn’t agree to this ungodly hour visit,” Jieun ranted all of the sudden. “Chanyeol told me that you are raising a cat and I just have to come by, because what the , Jieun? You said you barely take care of yourself properly let alone a pet,” Myungsoo retorted.

“Well, surprise, I have a partner,” Jieun replied nonchalantly as she pulled Daniel to her side. “And what the hell, yes, we are Peter’s parents, he’s the mother though since he takes care of her being and I pay for everything,” She huffed in continuation, making the rest three males gasped. “I am not the female in this parent’s relationship,” Daniel protested instead, which made Myungsoo and Chanyeol gasped even more in disbelief.

“Okay, we can discuss about that further later on, so now, why are you two still here? Don’t you two have jobs?” Jieun hissed. “It’s eight in the morning, Eun-ah, too early for job,” Chanyeol replied.

Exactly, that is also why you both need to go home and find more productive thing to do,” Jieun deadpanned while grabbing Myungsoo’s arm and directed him to the exit. “But, but, I still want to play,” Myungsoo whined when Jieun opened the door.

I’ll bring Peter to the headquarter sometimes if you wanted to play with her, promise,” Daniel added out of the blue which made Myungsoo smile. “Okay, you promised, Daniel-ah, let’s go then, Chanyeol,” Myungsoo stated, still ignoring the way Chanyeol frown.

Myungsoo then literally have to drag Chanyeol out from the unit before he could kill Daniel with his stare. “Hey, cheer up, they are just raising a pet together, it doesn’t matter,” Myungsoo said when they got into the elevator. “Really, thank you for the consolidation, really, ing appreciate it,” Chanyeol scoffed. “Yesterday didn’t go well?” Myungsoo asked instead. “I’m pretty sure Baekhyun done it all to arrange that date,”.

“He did, and it did not, I guess, it just Kwon Jieun is as hard as a rock to crack, she seems to not want to talk about anything than the deal,” Chanyeol sighed. “Maybe you should ask Daniel what kind of tool he is using to crack the rock then.” Myungsoo shrugged. “Go to hell,” Chanyeol hissed. “I don’t care, Myungsoo, I bet on my life that he is not that innocent,” Chanyeol continued.

“Kang Daniel is not getting away with any of this and be that clean at the same time, Myungsoo, I don’t know if you know anything or not but , I am going to find whatever dirt he is hiding.” Chanyeol gritted his teeth.

“And when I found it, I am going to destroy him,”.

 

---

 

“Don’t you think I am going to die at this point?” Daniel asked suddenly when Jieun was pouring some cereal to her bowl in front of him after all the fuss Myungsoo and Chanyeol made earlier. “When I finally realized that you are using my bad luck to get a cat? Most probably yes,” Jieun replied nonchalantly. “I told you I did not, swear on it.” Daniel pouted. “I mean by Park Chanyeol-ssi, he looked very agitated, to just, get rid of me,” He continued.

“Nobody is getting rid of you without my permission, Daniel, because I do not know how to raise a cat alone, and I do not intend to raise it with Myungsoo,” Jieun said. “And besides, I noticed that you are very afraid of Chanyeol like why? Let me tell you something, Daniel, he’s a friend, but he’s a conman, his specialty is lying and not fighting and your figure is way much bigger than him, if he ever fight you, I’m pretty sure you would win.” Jieun shrugged.

“Because he likes you, and he is not good at lying about that one thing, plus a man in love is the scariest.” Daniel shook his head. “Nonsense, Daniel,” Jieun snapped instead.

Daniel was about to counter her statement before Jieun’s phone rang and she immediately picked up when she saw the name on the screen. “What is it, Sungjong?”. Daniel recognized the name, Lee Sungjong was in one team with Myungsoo and the latter honestly reminded him of someone from his team – his eleven people team to be precise.

“I told you, I’m bringing Daniel to the party, why are you still looking for an it? And even Daniel doesn’t want to go with me, I still don’t need an ,” Jieun groaned before listening to the latter’s reply. “I am coming with Daniel, period, Sungjong, I don’t care whether you have paid or not, just tell him to come and eat or whatever,” Jieun concluded. “Seriously though, Sungjong,”.

 

“Who the hell is Bae Jinyoung?”.


(A/N) Two new members at one chapter, can I get a hell yes? lmao, our deep baejin is (probably) coming to the party :)) did you guys see jaehwan coming though? ;) I hope you enjoy the chapter and thankyou so much for reading and leaving comments <3 see you guys on chapter seven!

yours truly, karoines.