011

Hands On Me

Kang Daniel smiled when he finally stepped out from the subway station after unpacking their bags at the hotel – it has been too long since he left the city, he wasn’t sure whether he could still feels like he’s home, but nonetheless, he’s excited. “I don’t know that Busan is this hot,” Jinyoung commented as they walked on the pavement.

“It’s hot because they have beaches,” Seongwoo muttered nonchalantly. “They have what?” Guanlin snapped. “Beach, do you want to go there?” Daniel said as the younger nodded in delight immediately.

“Didn’t Woojin use to say that his grandparent’s house is located near the beach though, if I am not mistaken?” Minhyun raised his eyebrow. “You are right, that’s the universe telling us that we should play first at the beach,” Jaehwan snapped with a wide grin.

“Guys, we are here to work, we must find Woojin,” Seongwoo stated sternly as he looked at Jieun with determination.

“You can play first if you want, I really don’t mind.” Jieun shrugged instead. “Now that’s what I called the universe is telling us to play first, let’s go to the beach, boys,” Seongwoo snapped with a wide smirk and got a cheer from the younger members. “Will noona be coming too?” Guanlin said out of the blue – he settled to just call Jieun with that since Jinyoung was calling her with that too, which leave Jieun in awe, again.

“Sounds fun, although but you guys go ahead, I have something to do,” Jieun suddenly announced – in which Daniel raised his eyebrow.

“You really have to stop doing that,” Daniel whispered to her when they all started to walk again. “Stop doing what?” She replied nonchalantly. “Making an appointment without telling me?” Daniel responded, which made her stopped walking all of the sudden.

“Why? I can’t do that now?” She raised her eyebrow in amusement. “Well, because, yeah, I need to follow you everywhere, you know, and making sure that –,” “I’m alive,” Jieun cut in. “I get it, and we are left behind,” She pointed out as they realized that they are way behind the rest because they were stopping. “I’m fine, Daniel, you can go play with your friends,” Jieun added.

“I mean, you guys deserve a break,” She continued as she shrugged. “But still, Jieun, you are my responsibility, more less,” Daniel said as he grabbed her arm. “You sounded just like Jiyong and it’s annoying.” Jieun rolled her eyes nonchalantly. “I’ll be okay, I will still be alive at the end of the day, so go to that damn beach, and I will catch up later, I promise,” Jieun assured – it’s a weird feeling for her because she never actually promised anyone anything like that.

“I want a pinky promise,” Daniel said as he offered her his pinky thumb while Jieun was watching his action skeptically. “You didn’t just ask me to do a pinky promise,” Jieun snorted. “Do I look like I am kidding, or did I stutter?” Daniel raised his eyebrow in persistence. “I am not doing that.” Jieun crossed her arms on her chest. “Are you really going to make me wait in the middle of subway station meanwhile the rest are waiting for us just because you don’t want to do this sacred promise?” Daniel blabbered nonchalantly.

Yes,” Jieun deadpanned but immediately groaned when Daniel pouted with his puppy doe eyes.

“Okay, fine, goodness, what did I do wrong in my past life that I deserve you?” Jieun complained as she linked her pinky finger to his. “Probably you saved the whole damn country that you get a man like me, seal it with a kiss?” Daniel grinned cheekily. “I’m going to murder you,” Jieun snapped but Daniel kissed their linked fingers nonetheless, which made Jieun glared at him intensely.

“You have to come, beach is fun,” Daniel said one last time before they parted ways. “Yeah, you have fun with the others too, go tell them that.” Jieun waved her hands slightly before she saw Daniel caught up with the other. Just when the latter was gone from her sight, Jieun turned around and changed her direction to the minimarket nearby. She then picked up a water bottle before taking a look at a man with his hoodie up on the other aisle.

“You seriously have no talent in spying,” Jieun deadpanned when she got to the man’s side as her presence startled the man. “I have to bail out from the fun day at the beach because you are so bad at this,” Jieun snapped when the latter took off his glasses and revealed his annoyance. “Chanyeol dragged me here by the way, if you are wondering,” Myungsoo huffed.

“Say what again?” Jieun was taken aback by his statement – she was a hundred percent positive that it was her brother’s doing until the last second. “Chanyeol, the Park Chanyeol that have been in love with you since who-knows-when, the Park –,”. “I get it, Myungsoo, but how did he know?” She snapped in irritation. “I just said I got dragged, for the reason that I do not know, yesterday night after we caught you making out with Daniel –,”.

Myungsoo have to stop talking just to see Jieun’s reaction, but nonetheless, the latter just stared at him cynically, as if she was still waiting for her answer. “I saw you making out with Daniel with Chanyeol yesterday night,” Myungsoo emphasized. “How did that answer my question?” Jieun raised her eyebrow. “And I honestly don’t give a if you and Chanyeol knew that I did that with Daniel, you are all assume that I’m a thing with him anyway.” Jieun shrugged it off.

“Kwon Jieun, you did not just dismiss the fact that you basically are not mad that we assumed you are a thing with Daniel which is mean that you like him.” Myungsoo gasped. “I did not hate him, and we are not going to have this conversation in the middle of subway station’s minimarket,” Jieun countered. “So you like him? Jieun, you threatened to murder the whole league when they thought you are dating me,” Myungsoo said as if he was offended by the fact.

“Because it’s disgusting,” Jieun replied nonchalantly. “And it’s not with Daniel?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow in challenge as he raised his voice. “It’s not,” Jieun hissed as she put down the mineral water back to it place before dragging Myungsoo out from the store. “Why are you here, Myungsoo?” Jieun repeated again while she was still pulling Myungsoo’s sleeves as they headed out to the street.

“Isn’t it obvious? I am here because the oh-almighty-Park Chanyeol told me to search for you and if I did find you, I should tell him,” Myungsoo huffed, but grinned again nonetheless. “I mean, if you and Daniel are a thing, then I approve anyway since you two are cuties.” Myungsoo shrugged before Jieun glared at him. “Did you tell Chanyeol?” Jieun deadpanned.

“Not yet, like, I don’t really want him to murder Daniel? Since you guys are so adorable doing that pinky promise earlier?” Myungsoo replied. “So, you won’t tell me how Chanyeol knew I am going to Busan?” Jieun snorted. “For the sake of love, I do not know, goodness, I wish I knew, Jieun, I swear, he just went all furious after you did all that kissing with Daniel, and then he was like, Myungsoo, you are coming with me to Busan,” Myungsoo mimicked.

“What are you doing in here, by the way? And is that all the boys from the final line up?” Myungsoo pointed out when Jieun decided not to answer him afterward. “Yes, and Jiyong sent us here,” She replied flatly. “To find the rest of them? I counted, it’s not eleven yet.” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow. “More less.” She nodded.

 

“Is the one you are looking for, by any chance, called Park Woojin?”.

 

---

 

“Why do you think she left us and let us play at the very first hour we got here?” Seongwoo asked all of the sudden when the rest are playing with the water at the beach. “Let’s not speculate things, negative things, especially when we still most likely need her help to find Woojin, Daehwi, Sungwoon hyung and Jisung hyung,” Minhyun replied instead. “I’m just asking.” Seongwoo shrugged.

“She owns a lot of secrets,” Daniel spoke up afterward. “Yeah, no , Sherlock.” Seongwoo laughed. “No, I mean, like literally dozens of it, to be sell,” Daniel added. “So, maybe, she is just meeting a buyer?” Daniel raised his eyebrow. “Wow, you are in love with her already to that extent,” Seongwoo replied in amusement. “I was just trying to look things from the positive side, okay?” Daniel retorted.

“Things are about to get ugly if they ever caught us, are they not?” Minhyun stated, rather than asking. “Get ugly is an understatement, we are going to die, and in the hands of every biggest mafia houses in the country.” Seongwoo smiled bitterly. “Especially, Daniel, he’s going to be the most dead,” Seongwoo added recklessly with a teasing smile and got a glare from the younger. “Again, not helping the case, hyung,” Daniel huffed.

“I never thought that they wanted to sell us with that kind of state of mind, what kind of fool wanted to spy on the top criminals?” Daniel said. “Duh, what kind of fool wanted to do that all over again after being exposed?” Seongwoo added with a snort. “They don’t deserve this,” Minhyun suddenly spoke up as he looked at the younger members with Jaehwan. “Nobody deserves to be in this kind of situation, hyung, including you too,” Daniel muttered.

“Hyung, when all of this is over, I can’t wait to meet Jonghyun hyung and the other too,” Daniel added excitedly as Minhyun mirrored his smile. “Yeah, me too,” Minhyun replied. “Hey, we can also search for the other, like the top twenty? Thirty-five? We spent a longer time with them,” Seongwoo said. “Yeah, we can do that, it will be fun,”.

The three of them continue to watch the younger and just relaxing at the beach before the sun started to set and they decided to go home and search for some food. “I’m staying a little bit longer, you guys can go first,” Daniel spoke up. “Of course you are, hyung, you are waiting for Jieun noona, right?” Guanlin wriggled his eyebrow. “After all, pinky promise is sacred, right?” Jinyoung added with a wide grin, which caused Daniel to sigh exasperatedly.

“I can’t believe you guys are spying on me,” Daniel stated. “Dude, you are basically doing it in public, even a blind person could see that happening,” Seongwoo countered. “Fine, I still have to wait, though,” Daniel concluded. “Okay, take care then, Niel-ah, we will be going first,” Minhyun said before they bid Daniel goodbye.

The sky got even darker as Daniel stared at the sand on his feet after placing himself on the pavement for a good ten minutes before he decided to buy himself a snack and went back to his original position. He was sending Jieun pictures of his location, even though the latter did not really reply to any of it – he was pretty bitter about it.

Daniel was about to give up and go home another thirty minutes later before he felt someone was taking a place beside him. “It’s not that sacred, you can actually break it and not die tomorrow, Daniel,”. He recognized that infamous flat voice anywhere. “What?” He raised his eyebrow instead in response. “Pinky promise.” Jieun raised her pinky finger. “You can break it,” She added.

“But you came.” Daniel grinned nonetheless despite being slightly annoyed earlier – it was scary how he suddenly felt happy with her presence. “Because you are still here,” Jieun replied. “You did not know that.” He raised his eyebrow as he started to smile fondly at her.

“Actually, I did,” Jieun deadpanned. “Because you know that I will always be waiting for you?” Daniel smirked. “Because Seongwoo messaged me and told me not to bail out on your pity ,” Jieun replied, unimpressed as Daniel’s face fell by the anticlimax. “Why did I not know that he have your number and why did you only reply to his message?” Daniel retorted.

“I mean is it a crime that he have my number when he asked nicely for it? And because he actually send me legit information instead of low quality pictures?” Jieun raised her eyebrow nonchalantly. “So, are you going to say yes to everyone who asked for your favor nicely?” He snorted. “Well, I mean, if I have no reason to say no then, yeah,” She stated.

“Will you go out with me then?” Daniel asked as he gave her his biggest smile ever. “No,” She deadpanned after a moment of silence. “I asked you nicely,” Daniel countered with a pout. “I have every reason to say no.” Jieun shrugged. “Tell me one legitimate reason of why you should not go out with me,” He challenged. “Kwon Jiyong,” She replied shortly.

“You have to try harder than that, Jieun,” He huffed instead. “Trust me, if he said that he will find and torture whoever dates me then he probably will eighty five percent, fifteen percent is the chance of him killing the person,” Jieun replied. “But Jiyong-ssi said I’m not bad though?” Daniel smirked. “He’s being nice, he once told Myungsoo was not bad too, Daniel,” Jieun snorted. “Wait, what? Myungsoo-ssi with you?” Daniel gasped in shock.

“Are friends,” Jieun replied nonchalantly before she leaned her head on Daniel’s shoulder – which made Daniel a little taken aback by the sudden move, but calmed down a second later. “I mean, like friends like just friends, or like you know, you once like each other and then become just friends, because that’s scary as , Jieun, or like –,”. “Shut up, Daniel, I’m tired,” Jieun mumbled as she buried her whole face on his shoulder, which made Daniel froze.

“I never kissed Myungsoo if that’s what you are worrying about, he is just a friend and everyone used to tease me just because I never dated anyone before, Myungsoo’s just a victim they chose because we both do the same business,” Jieun continued – she was no longer fighting her inner thought about how she doesn’t really have to explain herself to Daniel, she just want to do that.

“Am I your first kiss then?” Daniel tilted his head a little bit so he can rest his head on the top of hers. “No, I am not a loser to that extent,” Jieun snorted. “I was just about to tease you, but oh well, next time then.” He chuckled. “You wish, Daniel, you wish you could make fun of me,” Jieun snapped. “You are right, I can’t, because there is nothing to make fun of, since you are pretty much perfect.” Daniel grinned when she lifted her head to shot him a death glare.

“I’m going home,” She announced as she stood up abruptly which followed by Daniel’s whine afterward. “Because you are annoying,” Jieun continued but Daniel grinned nonetheless as he got up from his seat and interlaced their hands together immediately. “Well, since it’s pretty crowded here, I have to make sure you didn’t get lost or kidnapped or something.” Daniel shrugged nonchalantly.

“First of all, I am not five years old and I am completely capable of –,”. “I can’t hear anything,” Daniel said as he pulled her to walk, which caused her to let out a small chuckle – Daniel almost tripped on his own feet when Jieun was smiling because of his antics. “Do that more often,” He remarked as he mirrored her smile. “Do what?” Jieun was still smiling, Daniel couldn’t tell whether she really don’t know or was just teasing him.

 

“That smile, I like it, I want to keep it like that, like you are genuinely happy,”.

 

---

 

Park Chanyeol raised his eyebrow almost suspiciously when Myungsoo asked the question. “You wanted to know about what again?” Chanyeol repeated when they were out eating some food near their hotel. “About Jung Yonghwa, goodness, Chanyeol, are you deaf now that you couldn’t find Kwon Jieun and her affair with the name of Kang Daniel?” Baekhyun teased as he put a mouthful of dumpling before Chanyeol decided to hit his arm and made his food fell.

“You are an evil, Chanyeol, I swear,” Baekhyun groaned in disdain. “Yeah, you know, turned out there is someone who is interested in that Busan chase your friend mentioned earlier when we bumped, and I can’t turn money down,” Myungsoo answered nonchalantly.

“Park Woojin isn’t it? The target, if I’m not mistaken in hearing?” Myungsoo added. “Yeah, Park Woojin, Yonghwa said there is this anonymous request for the Busan-base mafia groups,” Chanyeol replied. “Did someone actually succeed? I mean there is a lot of Park Woojin though?” Minseok reckoned. “They did,” Chanyeol answered immediately – Myungsoo almost choked on his cola.

“Are you sure?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. “I was just texting Yonghwa, you are going to give me some commission if you got that money, Myungsoo.” Chanyeol chuckled. “Jung Yonghwa did it?” Myungsoo asked. “Uh, no, someone else, he just said that it has been done,” Chanyeol replied nonchalantly as he keeps texting. “The boy’s dead?” Myungsoo asked hesitantly. “Hold up a second,” Chanyeol replied instead.

“Hey, really, can’t you believe we three just waste a day searching for Kwon Jieun for the sake of Park Chanyeol? I mean that’s pretty ridiculous and even more ridiculous that none of us find her,” Baekhyun snorted as he continues to eat. “Myungsoo, he said the boy is not dead, just injured, because the request was never to kill Park Woojin,” Chanyeol suddenly said, totally ignoring Baekhyun’s statement.

“What’s the request then?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow. “It was to disabled him, said that the boy is very dangerous but they want him alive,” Chanyeol read the text out loud. “Boy? Is he like underage? A minor? Well, that’s a new level of ed up,” Minseok shook his head. “Most probably,” Chanyeol shrugged it off. “Yonghwa wasn’t sure though, but he heard that he was found and taken to the hospital?” He added afterward.

Myungsoo muttered low-toned thanks before they continued eating and talked about anything else, mostly to teased Chanyeol though – and as soon as they got into their hotel, Myungsoo immediately did his research before heading out a hour later to find a certain female at the minimarket at the end of the street. “Looking fancy,” Myungsoo cooed as he eyed the female from head to toe. “Those heels are killing it, you look like a legitimate lady,”.

“Please tell me that you have found the hospital address,” Jieun said instead. “I am not the best for nothing, Jieun,” Myungsoo scoffed. “Literally didn’t answer my question,” Jieun deadpanned. “Yeah, but, okay, why are you alone?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow. “Because everyone else is tired and they don’t have to know that you are here,” Jieun countered before they started to walk.

“So, this is your fake identity, and this is the list of things you should know about him,” Myungsoo said as he handed her a file. “No need, I brief myself enough, you are not the only one with the mad skill of stalking in here,” Jieun snorted as she took her fake identity only. “Conceited, I see, but what’s new, Jieun? Let’s get yourself a new child,” Myungsoo scoffed as they went to the subway station.

Just thirty minutes later, they arrived at the hospital and as they expected, the receptionist and the nurses just had to question them a bunch of things and asked them for the official records before finally letting them into Park Woojin’s ward pass the visiting hour. Jieun immediately noticed that it was a sharing ward, and there were four other patients, a curtain separated each bed.

Fortunately, the whole room was still pretty much alive as the lights are still on and the television was still running. Jieun and Myungsoo immediately walked to the bed that was located just beside the window – they just hope that Park Woojin was calm enough and won’t create a fuss because of their presence.

“Daehwi, is that you?”. A faint raspy voice came from inside the curtain when Jieun was about to open it – and it made her stop moving. “Daehwi?” Myungsoo whispered in a very low voice in questioning tone, but Jieun was familiar with the name – she practically listed the remaining names of the final line up when Minhyun mentioned them unconsciously in front of her the last time just in case – and that time finally came.

Jieun needs to get used of seeing younger faces each day of her founding the remaining members, since she was taken aback again at how young Park Woojin looks with his red hair and blank face, looking straight at her and Myungsoo. “Park Woojin?”. It was not fear – it was a knowing look that came from the boy, like Park Woojin always knows that some people are after him, and the fact that a stranger standing right in front of him and knowing his name, doesn’t shock him any longer.

“Yeah?” The red-haired boy managed to answer despite his alarmed movement and confusion. “My name is Kwon Jieun,” Jieun said as she got closer to the boy, who had trouble with seeing her from afar she noticed, since his other eyed was closed with the patch. “Should I know you?” The boy raised his eyebrow nonchalantly. “No, you don’t, Woojin-ssi.” Jieun smiled slightly.

 

“But, I’m getting you out from here,”.

 

---

 

Kang Daniel was freaking out when Kwon Jieun didn’t reply to any of their message as he tried to ring her hotel room’s door multiple times. “Hey, she might want to meet another client, why are you so stressed? We can focus on finding Woojin now.” Seongwoo raised his eyebrow. “What if something happened?” Daniel snapped. “Goodness’s sake, Daniel, she is not five, and for the record, she is way more pro at this field than you are,” Minhyun reasoned.

“Hyung, it’s barely eleven in the morning, stop making something simple complicated, please, maybe she’s buying some milk at the convenient store?” Jihoon added. “That did not help, by the way, Jihoon,” Daniel snorted as Jihoon shrugged nonetheless. “I mean, I know you are whipped as , but this is just plain possessive, Daniel,” Jaehwan stated.

“I just want to know where she went away? Like giving a heads up next time maybe?” Daniel responded. “Well, it’s not like you are his boyfriend or something, hyung,” Jinyoung replied nonchalantly, which immediately got a cheer from Seongwoo and Jaehwan. “Crucial point right there, good job, Jinyoung-ah,” Seongwoo said as he high-fived the younger male. “Hyung, they raised a cat together, they are basically married though?” Guanlin raised his eyebrow.

“Doesn’t matter, I just want to know that she’s alive,” Daniel suddenly spoke up with all his restlessness. “She’s alive just fine, you should calm down, really.” Minhyun shook his head before turning his attention to the ringing doorbell. “Holy , it might be Jieun noona,” Guanlin said but Daniel was already halfway to the door. “He’s so helpless,” Jihoon stated afterward.

Daniel was about to flip when he found Kwon Jieun outside the door, looking very unimpressed with everything and before he could say anything, she let out a scoff. “I’ve told you I am not going to scam you,” Jieun said and that’s when Daniel noticed another figure just behind Jieun and for goddess’s sake, Daniel almost did not believe that he was real until the latter let out a small whimper, “Daniel hyung,”.

 

“Daehwi-ah,”.