|Sing|

Write Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I can hear the rain drops already falling outside the room. It must’ve been raining. Hayoung and Bomi must’ve noticed my lips trembling. A part of me wants to say no. A part of me… wants to run away and never come back.

But Jung Eunji’s smile was pasted in my mind and would never disappear. Her smile… her smile…

Eunji was still smiling, her eyes locked into Bomi’s.

 

 

 

I swore I saw Hayoung release a gasp, while Bomi unnie nodded her head in understanding. They both offered an encouraging smile, something that helped me build a little bit of that little courage I had.

My fingers clasped around the microphone as the music started, my eyes just looking at the floor.

Sing… I whispered to myself. Try once again, even for this one last time…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I took a deep breath to calm my heart. I wasn’t supposed to be nervous, but the anxiety was building up in me. Images started flicker in the back of my mind, stories and stupid reasons why I never dared to sing in front of many people again.

It was like negativity, getting through my nerves it was almost impossible for me to sing next.

Without noticing it, I totally missed the first chorus.

 

 

 

 

I shook my head, although I was looking down without facing anyone’s gazes, not even Bomi who was trying to help me out.

I knew it… I was never a great singer. In fact, I know I was literally bad at it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

I bit my lip. The music was still playing… somehow… b-but…

I-I can’t sing anymore.

 

I was about to put down my mike and tell the band players to stop playing… but then…

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s okay… everyone’s afraid of the microphone on their first time…”

 

 

A girl’s voice said. I couldn’t help but look up and my eyes met Eunji’s orbs, my heart skipping another beat as she stood up from her seat and grab a free mike from the sounds director. I almost couldn’t understand what’s happening, until she stood in front of me, a small smile on her face.

 

 

~You were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter