|Story|

Write Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stayed rooted in my stand, staring at her as her sad eyes reflected my own. She was trembling with the cold, but she never broke off her gaze that held nothing but sadness in it.

 

                  

 

 

Then it struck me.

 

 

I couldn’t look through her eyes. It felt like I was a disappointment, just another liar who walked through someone’s life. I was too embarrassed, too ashamed to look up and stare at those sad orbs again.

It’s stupid how I tried chasing after her. Then now? Here I was, actually unconsciously pulling her away.

 

 

 

 

 

                        

 

 

 

I wanted to slap my face through all the swimming thoughts. It was being too much; too overwhelming I didn’t know what to say.

Not until…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I mustered up the littlest courage I’ve gathered, lifting my chin up to meet her gaze. Despite the sadness, her lips were curved up in a smile, just like how her eyes form into crescents. It was mesmerizing enough.

 

 

 

 

 

Her hand was holding my arm. A certain smile was on her lips, as if she was telling me something. I didn’t know what it all means. But then her hand dropped, and my heart started racing. Just like that, her warmth wrapped on my cold hand, her gaze making me warmer inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her eyes, at that very moment, gleamed like the bright sun… with her smile sweeter than anything I could remember.

 

And just like that… our cold winter came to pass.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

|Write Me|

MyHeartOut

Jung Eunji

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter