A walk alone

Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The noise of a curtain withdrown from the windows played in Baekhyun's ears, as his eyes felt light getting shined upon him. He felt warm under a soft blanket and his head well rested on a pillow. He could feel the difference. It wasn't his. He wasn't home, he was somewhere else. It wasn't Jongin's either... Whose could it be? He felt his eyes blurred before he got used to the light and sat up. He rubbed his eyes and started to look around. The room was small with a table in front of him. Beside him to the left was a window with the withdrawn curtain that let all the light get in. He looked to the right and saw some stranger holding 2 cups, on his way to the bed. The view was still blurred, and if he had to be honest, he couldn't yet recognize the person. Yet it felt like he knew him already.

»You fainted.«

That voice sounded similar, but he couldn't tell whose. He closed his eyes hardly and rubbed them once again before looking at one of the cups placed on the bedside table. The view was no longer blurred and he took the chance to look at the familiar looking man. He focused with his eyes barely open and finally recognized who it was.

»Chanyeol...« he whispered and looked around again. He tried to avoid the eye contact, because he knew his cheeks were already burning. God, why did he even feel embarrased about this, Jongin had brought him home tons of times after having an incident in the streets. He looked at the cup again and saw the steam flow up from the cup. It began to smell like green tea already, but he didn't crave any hot liquid - he just wanted the drink from yesterday. »Don't you have any alcohol in your home? I'm not craving something hot right now.«

»You need it,« he responded and took a sip from his own. The cup was white with a big 'C' written on it. As he dragged the cup down, Baekhyun kept staring at his mouth. When he looked into his eyes, he realized he had been staring at him the whole time. Baekhyun's cheeks started to warm up again and he layed down and tried to rest for a bit. »I bet you keep fainting because your can't drink anything else but alcohol. I'll treat you after you've drunk the whole cup.« He sounded strict for a moment before he turned around and left the room. He past the door frame and quickly yelled out his last words before leaving Baekhyun completely. »Or not. But you still have to drink it.«

What a jerk. 

He reached the cup but it was already far enough, so all he had to do was actually sit up and reach for it. He groaned and rested for a while before he pulled himself up with all his strength. He sighed and looked at the cup with his tired eyes. It was hard to keep them open. He kept closing them. Maybe the hot tea will help him wake up a little. Maybe. But that didn't change the fact that he required alcohol down his throat to his stomach. He took a deep breath and took his hand out to reach the cup. He held the handle of it and pulled it up to his mouth. He kept it close to his cavern and started to blow a little on it. He inhaled the sweet smell of green tea and closed his eyes. He didn't even remember when his last time was drinking hot tea. It felt like all he craved now was tea, and alcohol had taken its way out from his cravings. He took a quick sip and felt the hot liquid touch his tongue. It hurt a bit, but eventually the tea got colder the more he blew, and he took bigger sips. It was a quiet morning for him. Usually when he was at Jongin's or in his own home with his mother, they would wake him up and invite him to breakfast at the dining table. This time it was just different; everything was different. The place, the bed, the walls, window, routine of waking up... He wasn't feeling too comfortable about it and it kinda gave him questionable thoughts in his mind, but sooner or later he'd eventually get used to it - which means that he will probably end up here often.

»I guess I'll just have to faint to get here,« he mumbled to himself and took the very last sip of the cup and put it on the white table beside him. He layed down again and felt a relief after sitting uncomfortably in this cloud-feeling bed. When he rested his head back again on the pillow, it felt as he was just flying in the mid-air and could rest well. His eyes were still tired, so tired they could barely open themselves anymore. He took long blinks and began to lay to the side before he felt himself wake up into a dark dream with an imaginative journey followed by his mind. Finally. After such a long time.

»I haven't really tried to play video games though...«

His head was resting on Chanyeol's right shoulder while looking outside of the window in front of him. Chanyeol decided for him to get outside of the real world, and by that, he offered him a visit in the arcade in town. At first Baekhyun didn't accept it as in a diehard, but of course Chanyeol didn't know he wasn't interested in anything new, so he begged for him to join. In the ending he finally accepted, but for now he j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter