Coffee in Bed

Coffee

 

All her life, Taeyeon thought that the only constants were numbers. True to her boring accountant description, her routine was - wake up, drink coffee #1, get to work, drink coffee #2, maybe dinner, then go to sleep. Everything turned 180 degrees, like a big fat slap to the face, when she took the courage to walk up to this pretty fashion editor at her favorite coffee shop.

Her 'drink coffee #2' was changed to 'talking with Tiffany until one of them needs to catch the train home'. It took a lot cups of coffee and plates of shared pastries before she thought that maybe Tiffany wanted to have dinner with her at the barbeque place next door. Something casual and not like an actual date.

There were a lot more to learn about Tiffany - she likes her meat cooked slightly burnt and she likes ice cream after dinner. And that was her chance! Ice cream. Oh, how she liked her even more.

They finished their dinner and their bill was on their way when Taeyeon thought that maybe she would like to have ice cream with her afterwards. A little bit of ice cream wouldn't hurt.

"Do you, uhm, maybe want to get some ice cream after this?" She asked nervously - palms were sweating.

She waited before Tiffany leaned on the table with a playful smile on, "If I should know any better, you're using ice cream as bait so we could turn this into a date? Hm?"

Taeyeon's eyes were wide open like a deer in the headlights. "Uh-uh-uhm," her hands were waving furiously while she was shaking her head, "Please don't get me wrong! I just thought that you like ice cream and I like ice cream maybe we can share sentiments for the love of ice cream. You scream. I scream. We all scream for ice cream?"

And that moment, she heard the most delightful music to her ears - Tiffany's laugh. If Helen's face could launch a thousand ships, then Tiffany's laughter would launch millions - maybe even bajillion if that was even a number. Helen has nothing on her.

It took some time for Tiffany to calm down before she could properly talk. "Oh, Taeyeon," while she dried her eyes, her smile still plastered, "Chill a bit. I was just playing with you, boo."

She called me boo. Oh, . Stop killing me, please.

Say something! Taeyeon had to imaginarily kick herself to respond. "Uhm... So is that a 'yes'?"

She prayed to the gods for a 'yes', because she wouldn't know what to do otherwise. I'll get disowned if I get rejected.

Tiffany placed her elbows on the table, chin on her hand, and tried to look like she was thinking about her offer, but in all honesty she already had her answer when Taeyeon looked so cute trying not to look guilty.

"Yes."

Taeyeon let out a long sigh of relief. "Oh god, yes."

Tiffany giggled and stood up. "There's an ice cream stall near the train station. Let's go!"

-

They were walking in the streets of Cheongdam-dong, hand in hand, looking at the stores and listening about Tiffany's day at work, what she was up to and what she thought about the clothes at the stores they passedby. She was talking nonstop and Taeyeon listened the whole time along with realizing that there was a glint on Tiffany’s eyes when she’s engaged at a certain topic and that bubbly tone she has whenever she’s excited about the upcoming issue her magazine was releasing. In conclusion, she was ogling at her girlfriend and this didn't go unnoticed by the ever-perceptive Tiffany.

"You’re doing it again." Tiffany gave her a look.

"Doing what again?” She turned her head as she questioned.

"You know I can see through you, Taeyeon."

Taeyeon chuckled. "That is true."

“Did you know that the first time I met you, your eyes were a giveaway that you were in to me?”

“What?” Both stopped wallking, Taeyeon was surprised at the confession.

With a nod, “Our first encounter was special. You were awkward, but you were real… Genuine. No pretense.” She giggled.

Taeyeon was utterly surprised at everything she was hearing for the first time.

“You never really talk much but you listen to everything I say and take them to heart. Not everyone can do that you know. Even my exes never did. You were alway attentive and your eyes were always on me while I talked. That got me attracted.” Tiffany blushed at the last statement.

“This is too much to take all in one night, love. Where did this all come from? What was in that bingsoo that made you like this?”

A smack on her arm. “Silly. I don’t know. Don’t blame it on the bingsoo. It was innocent.”

She chuckled and they continued walking around as they shared stories – more like Tiffany talking and Taeyeon was listening.

-

After they finished their nightly routine, Taeyeon was in the living, replying emails while sitting on the floor and her laptop on the coffee table.

The sounds from the television masked the footsteps. She didn’t notice the presence of the other person coming closer and it shocked her when she felt arms around her shoulder and a head on top of hers.

“Come to bed, babe. It’s getting late.” Tiffany cooed sleepily.

The smell of a freshly showered Tiffany allured her to finish replying and fast.

“Alright.” She closed her laptop and turned off the television.

They stood up and held hands as they walked towards the bedroom.

-

Once on their bed, Taeyeon lied cozily on her back. She felt Tiffany move. Body turned, arm on her waist and a leg over her thigh – basically being a bolster to her lover. She chuckled and let her head on her arm to get her more comfortable in their position.

“Go to sleep, babe.”

“Mmm… Goodnight, love.”

A kiss on her forehead they dozed off to sleep in each other’s embrace.

-

Morning came and the first one who woke up was Taeyeon. As always.

Trying her best not to wake the other, she slowly pulled her arm under her and quietly as possible moved up from their bed and walked out of the room.

Doors silently closed. Like clockwork, she walked her way towards the kitchen and started to brew coffee. Waiting for the glass kettle to be filled, she scanned through her phone for any important messages and when she got none, she placed it on the counter and went to get two mugs.

Two warm cups of their usual morning coffee on hand, she returned back to her and tried to let the smell of coffee wake up the sleeping figure.

Taeyeon struggled for a bit as she opened the door with full hands but she succeeded. As she closed the door with her foot, she looked up to the bed to see her girlfriend leaning on the headboard, fully wake while holding a tablet and the sound of the television at minimal volume.

“Morning, beautiful. Looking gorgeous with that bed hair.” She teased while sitting on her side of the bed. She handed over her coffee then started to enjoy her own.

Placed her tablet on her nightstand and cradled the warm cup. “Thanks.”

“Always welcome.” She replied. “No early meetings?”

“Thankfully, everything is on schedule and we’re just waiting for the finally print.”

“That’s good. You guys had been through hell with that model scandal. That was enough drama.” Remembering the past few weeks with a tired-looking Tiffany every single night. Not to mention the small fights that lead to the biggest fight up to date because the stress brought upon by their work.

“Ugh… Don’t remind me about that. We had one of the worst fights because of that.” A groan came from Tiffany.

“But you know the best part of that week?”

As if Tiffany knew what she was thinking she placed her cup beside her tablet and fully turned her body to face her girlfriend. “Do tell what was the best part of the week other than that time where we almost broke up.”

After putting the cup down to the nightstand on her side, Taeyeon smirked, “The makeup , of course.”

Tiffany expected that – knowing her girlfriend so well after two years of living under one roof. She laughed. “Always the ert.” She teasingly moved closer to Taeyeon’s side of the bed and straddled her.

“Even without the fight we can still do it, you know?” Hands on her shoulder and waist tightly secured around her arms.

“I know. I don’t want that to happen again. I really thought I was going to lose you for real.” She pulled her closer trying to erase any imaginary gap between their bodies.

Gently kissing her, Tiffany cupped her cheeks while soothing them with her thumb. “We won’t. We learned from that.”

She kissed her again. And again. And again until one hand was under here shirt. Palm touched warm smooth skin and lips travelled from lips to neck. Clothes, one by one, thrown to the floor and erratic movements on the bed ensued; kisses covered every inch of skin.

“Tae…” Kissing on one of her sensitive spots. Hands grabbed her hair. Her breathing hastened as she was trying to grasp for air at the sensations given by Taeyeon’s lips and hands.

“Say my name.”

“Tae… Taetae.”

Wandering hands caressed every curve on her body and lips tasting every bit of Tiffany. Moans were overpowering the sounds from the television and Taeyeon knew she was making Tiffany feel good.

“Oh god.” She knew she was at her so she kept her pace until she felt Tiffany arch her back.

Tiffany was reduced to shallow breaths. She let her lover ride the pleasure as she trailed kisses from the inside of her thighs to her navel then the valley of her peaks and finally to her lips.

“I love you and that’s a constant.”

Her eyes smiled and she kissed her in return. “You’re my constant.”

-

Taeyeon had a new understanding about constants. They weren’t just numbers. They can be persons or things. In her case, it was (and still is) Tiffany and her love. She knew that whatever comes and goes, there’s always Tiffany. Whether it was a bad day at the office, she knows that someone’s waiting for her back at home with a smile or when she’s lucky - freshly baked cupcakes.

 

And that was a short glimpse of their life. 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I am grateful that you've reached this part of the story.

Tell me what you guys think. Any part where it was confusing? There is always room for improvement. Your opinions will surely help me with writing better stories. 

 

Have you read stories made by Donkatsu? She's amazing. I've been an avid reader of her works for years now. Let's just say she's been my inspiration to write. I do miss her writings. Her stories are like coffee - addictive. Do read her stories here

 

Thank you and see you at my next story!