Morning Coffee

Coffee

The day was just past a little over 6 in the morning. One of the two bodies, huddled under the warm blanket, started to stir.

Slowly getting off dreamland, she opened her eyes while slowly pulling closer the other person. The other person's back faced her as she takes a whiff of that subtle lavender shampoo from her hair. Her lips diving down at the back of her neck then her shoulder, dropping soft kisses along the way, carefully not waking her other half.

After a few minutes, she slowly pulled away her arm around the other's waist and silently got up from their bed. Stretching as she placed her feet on the cold tiled floor, Taeyeon walked around the bed and sat beside the sleeping figure as she placed the blanket on her body - protecting her from the cold emitted by the air conditioner.

She smiled as she finished her task and moved out the room without making noise - letting her significant other enjoy a couple more minutes of sleep.

-

Light was starting to enter the living room and kitchen as she closed the door behind her. She walked through the hall and started her task of preparing breakfast, just like every other day.

Water filled and coffee lid closed, the machine started to do it's purpose and filled the room with the scent of coffee. Warm.

While the coffee started to drop and fill the glass decanter below, Taeyeon started with heating a pan on the stove.

A bowl and three eggs beaten later, she poured it over the hot pan and stirred it with a wooden spatula then transferred it on two plates, equally. Bread toasted and perfectly cooked eggs on the table finished with the coffee prepared earlier and breakfast was served.

Taeyeon placed all the used utensils on the sink for cleaning later and she walked back to room where her other half was.

-

Slowly and quietly opening the door, she peeked through it and saw that her lover was still fast asleep. The smell of coffee leaked through the door as walked backed inside their room.

Beautiful and serene even with her eyes closed and hair scattered on the pillow, Tiffany, on their bed, is still a sight to behold even after two years of moving in together. It never ceases to make Taeyeon amazed at how madly in love she is. Tiffany is like her coffee and sugar in the morning. Addictive and sweet. Even after all the cups of coffee she has had throughout her life, she still craves for it in the mornings. She still craves for her.

Sitting beside Tiffany, Taeyeon kissed the subtle skin that was showing from her oversized t-shirt.

"Baby, wake up," Taeyeon said softly to her ear.

A soft grunt was all she received as Tiffany woke up albeit slower that Taeyeon expected. She knew Tiffany was still indulging the warmth from the shared blanket and the kisses she was receiving.

Taeyeon smiled as she spoiled her to more kisses before stopping as she let her hand from shoulder to waist, slowly and gingerly.

It took a while for Tiffany to open her eyes and let them adjust to the light. When she did, she slowly smiled at the person in front of her.

"Morning, what's for breakfast?" she asked with a sleepy smile.

Taeyeon chuckled before answering, "Eggs and toast. Get up before it gets cold."

She grabbed her arm and helped her getting off the bed. As they walked out the room, the smell of coffee welcomed them.

-

Settled around the table, the duo started eating their breakfast in pleasant silence and enjoying each other’s presence.

After the short affair, Tiffany stood up and grabbed two mugs from one of the cabinets and poured coffee on each glass. She walked back to the table and gave the other to Taeyeon with a kiss as thanks for the breakfast.

Everything was like clockwork for them as they cleaned the kitchen after breakfast. Taeyeon washed the dishes and Tiffany dried them off then placed them carefully back on the rack all while sharing small talk.

"What time will you get off work later?" Tiffany asked.

"Around 4... depending on how many accounts I'll be given today. Why?"

"I wanted to try that new restaurant across the street and maybe a walk after?"

"Are you asking me out on a date, Ms. Hwang?"

Taeyeon's face showed a bit of playfulness.

"I don't know. Maybe? Or maybe not."

Tiffany played along.

Taeyeon's face went deadpan. "You can't just offer me a date and just suddenly take it back, now."

"Hey, I was just playing along. You started it." Tiffany giggled, enjoying Taeyeon's expression.

With that, Taeyeon grabbed her waist, arms around it, and cornered her to the kitchen counter. She gave her a peck on the lips, tasting a hint of coffee.

"Com'on. Let's go take a bath. We wouldn't want to be late to work, now, would we?" Taeyeon said with a smirk as she held her hand and guided them to the bathroom.

"We won't be late if we took separate baths, you know?" She still followed the pull without any resistance, a smirk started to form on her lips.

Taeyeon shrugged it off as they reached their destination and closed the door. She turned around and pulled her by the hips then kissed her gently. Hands working down her pajama pants as she felt another pair of hands tugging at her own shirt, telling her to take it off.

Tiffany saw her obliged by taking her shirt off as they walked to the shower.

Faucet on and water running down the shower with steam filling the bathroom, they started enjoying their morning with each other before going to work.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This is my first story. Sorry for any grammatical errors.

Tell me what you guys think on the comments below. Is the flow of the story okay? Spelling corrections? Violent reactions? Any ideas do you have in mind for my next?