Afternoon Delight

Coffee

The afternoon sun stood right above the bustling city of Seoul when Taeyeon thought of maybe drinking a cup of coffee to energize her afternoon. The view from her 27th floor window always gave her the sight of wonder – forgetting the busy office floor right outside the glass wall that separates her from the rest of her colleagues.

It was a busy day at the office. Taeyeon's desk was full of paper reports to be done and it made her feel all too dejected that this might end later than expected.

Computer at the side, whizzing silently, and a small picture frame showing two people who were at the most magical place in the world. A short glance at the photo made her smile and miss the other person. She thought of her and what she was doing now, but she decided not to bother her for she might be busy.

-

How they met was one of the best moments in her entire life. Taeyeon never thought she would’ve met her significant other at her favorite coffee shop. She loved coffee more than anything else, but that all changed when she saw the most attractive girl inside. She saw her reading fashion magazine, sitting at one of the tables, eyes never once leaving it and coffee on the table that was half full. She was so engrossed that the noisy and busy shop never bothered her.

Coffee and bagel in tow, she looked around the place and scanned for any available table, but all of them were occupied except for one table with an empty chair. Oh, how the universe was blessing Taeyeon at that moment.

She walked up to her and asked, “Excuse me, miss?”

She saw her looking up, surprised, but with a smile. “Yes?”

Taeyeon thought she couldn’t be more beautiful up close, but she thought wrong. “Uhhm… Everything else is occupied, can I sit with you for a short while?”

The lady looked around and indeed it was true so she moved her cup of coffee closer, sharing her table. “Sure, sure! I’m sorry I was so in to my magazine I never thought to offer.”

“No, it’s okay. I should be the one sorry. I bothered your reading.”

She smiled in response, “Nah. I was just looking for new inspiration. Wasn’t really reading,” closed her magazine and started, “I’m Tiffany, fashion editor. You are-?”

Pretty name for a pretty lady.

“Taeyeon. Boring accountant,” she replied with a crooked smile - trying not to be an awkward turtle.

Taeyeon got a giggle as a response. Really pretty lady.

In that busy coffee shop was where it all started and she wouldn’t have it any other way.

-

A few hours in to her work, her phone buzzed – indicating a message.

Can’t wait for our date later, babe. ;)

Taeyeon smiled as she read the text from her most favorite person.

Can’t wait to see you. She replied back.

Something wrong? Too busy at work today?

:( Yes.

Aww… My poor baby. I could give you a kiss, but you’re not here so give yourself one for me.

:(

Self-suffiency, babe. Haha.

Their texts have been playful ever since morning and that kept Taeyeon sane from her busy day at the office.

-

She smiled at her phone when suddenly the glass door opened and in came her secretary along with a take-away cup and paper bag from her favorite coffee shop.

“I didn’t order that, Seo,” she said as watched Seohyun place the things right in front of her.

“It’s from Tiffany. We saw each other at a store near her work.”

“Oh. Near our client’s company? Mr. Park?”

“Yeah. Went to pass that report you made, then passed by to the nearest store to grab something to eat. She was sitting at a near table, waiting for her order,” Seo replied, not forgetting to arrange the papers on Taeyeon’s messy desk.

Taeyeon was surprised the very least. Her other half – her gorgeous other half – made the effort to buy her coffee and bagel even when she never said anything to her in their texts. And that made Taeyeon smile. I’m one damn lucky Taeyeon.

When Seo left her room, she grabbed her phone and started to type.

You’re the best, babe.

Seo got back?

Yeah. Enjoying this and feeling spoiled, right now.

Haha. That’s for this morning. ;)

Taeyeon grinned at the last reply. I have to go work, now. Need to finish this before our date.

Okay, boo. See you~

Taeyeon's smile never left while getting her work done. Guess things aren’t that bad when you have something or someone to look forward to at the end of the day.

-

Time went fast as it should when the final hour came. Sun-setting light colored her office space as Taeyeon arranged her desk and bag when the door opened.

Walked inside her office was none other than her gorgeous girlfriend – Tiffany. In her red stiletto shoes and designer trench coat, Tiffany strutted her way towards her with a smile that can turn heads wherever she went. Sunglasses on hand and her phone on the other, not a hint of tiredness was shown on her face.

“I came here to pickup my haggard-looking girlfriend. Have you seen her?” A mischievous smile plastered on her face.

Taeyeon looked up, “I dunno. Better check the next office.” She made a face – a pout and slightly crunched eyebrows.

Tiffany giggled at the sight. Her girlfriend doesn’t match her actual age. Oh, this cutiepie.

“Let’s go, boo. I’m hungry.”

“Now, now, babe. Patience is a virtue.”

“But time is gold. Let’s go before the restaurant gets full.” Tiffany whined as she saw her moving about at a turtle’s pace.

Taeyeon only chuckled as a response, a few final touches before she finished preparing her desk for the next day.

-

“Okay, impatient one. I’m done.”

With an excited smile, Tiffany rose from the seat that faced her desk and grabbed her girlfriend’s hand.

Taeyeon followed hastily as she was dragged outside her office. “Whoa there. Slow down, babe.”

“It took you forever to fix your things. I got really hungry waiting.” Tiffany turned her head, with an eye-blinding smile, as she fast walked towards the elevator.

-

Elevator closed and two people, both not letting each other's hand go, Taeyeon looked at her side with a smile then surprised her lover with a kiss on the cheek.

“What was that for?”

“For being awesome.”

“It was because of the coffee, wasn’t it?”

She chuckled, “Yeah.”

“If I get you dinner will I get more kisses?” 

Taeyeon smirked at the question. “You’ll get more than kisses.”

Both now dawned smirks on their faces, heads slowly moved closer. Taeyeon’s eyes were on her lips. Soft and supple. Lips teasing to be kissed, she closed the gap between them. She felt a slight shiver down her spine and jitters in her stomach when they touched.

Shallow and unsteadied breathing as they ended their short but intimate interaction. The elevator doors opened and out they went to end their night with good food and good company.