Chapter Two

Min Yoongi, P.I. and the Rainbow Flag Murders

Yoongi failed to get into the club.

He was laughed at and shoved aside when he demanded entry to the club. He threatened to sue for discrimination and the bouncer had picked him up and set him to the side telling him to run along while he still had legs.

Yoongi pissed, lit a cigarette in the alleyway of the club, kicking the wall in frustration. He would have to find a way to sneak in.

“How the mighty have fallen.”

Yoongi stiffened already recognizing the voice. “Shut the up.”

“What’s this?” Yoongi looked up as he felt a tug on his sleeve.

“What?” He asked.

“You going to the supermarket for some late night milk for your cereal?” Hoseok asked with a raise of his eyebrow. “Sweatpants and a hoodie? Really?”

Yoongi shrugged. When he wasn’t wearing jeans he was wearing sweats. There was nothing wrong with comfort.

Hoseok shook his head and tsked. “Let’s go to my place. I’ll help you for free since I pity you.”

Yoongi scoffed.


 They ended up in Hoseok’s apartment. It was pretty spacious and recently furnished. And unexpectedly clean, very clean. The walls were bare white and his carpet was a dark blue color that was thick and plush. Yoongi liked how it felt as opposed to his scraggly brown carpet at home. His apartment in comparison to Hoseok’s had seen better days.

They made their way to his bedroom where his bed was neatly made as if it had never been slept on and Hoseok made him sit on a chair facing a vanity mirror with giant lightbulbs around the frame.

“What are you a movie star?”

Hoseok ignored his comment with a mild frown and opened a closet, rummaging through clothes. “Clubs are picky as . You can’t just walk in like that. You gotta dress to impress.”

“Impress who?” Yoongi scathed.

“The bouncer for one.” Hoseok pulled out a white v-neck shirt and black jeans and handed them to Yoongi. The man was then ushered into the bathroom where he changed.

As soon as he returned, Hoseok set him down on the chair again and brushed at his hair.

“Isn’t this a little much?”

“Nope.” Hoseok smiled and pulled out a box of makeup.

Yoongi tensed as Hoseok made him tilt his face up at him. Hoseok smelled nice, like vanilla and soap. His lips were pursed as he worked on his face and Yoongi noticed they were pretty. Bow shaped and dark pink, slowly opening and closing as he concentrated. He then spotted a small dark dot on his mouth.

Without thinking he reached out and ran a thumb across Hoseok’s lip.

Hoseok pulled away with a confused look.

“Sorry.” Yoongi frowned, putting his hand down. He felt his face heat up as he realized how creepy that had probably been. “I thought you had something.”

“You mean my mole?” Hoseok smiled.

“Thought it was dirt.”

Hoseok gasped. “How dare you? My mole is my superpower. It entices people to come and kiss me. Has it captured your attention?”

Yoongi gave the faintest of smiles.

“Wanna kiss me Minty?” Hoseok smirked and raised his eyebrows up and down. “I won’t charge.”

“Don’t call me Minty. And it’s distracting, not enticing.”

Hoseok pouted. “You’re no fun.”

Yoongi frowned in response.

Hoseok tilted his face up and instructed him to close his eyes. The vanilla smell overcame him again and Yoongi felt strangely at ease as Hoseok touched his face here and there.

Once he was done, he made Yoongi stand up and face him.

Hoseok gasped animatedly. “Wow! You’re actually pretty hot!”

Yoongi glanced in the vanity mirror, not quite impressed.

“You got some tattoos too?” Hoseok looked at Yoongi’s arms where an arm sleeve of a dragon ran up his arm disappearing into his shoulder. On the other was a series of small tattoos each representing something, but Yoongi wasn’t about to tell this stranger about them.

“That’s pretty hot too.” Hoseok decided with a smile.

Yoongi shrugged.

“I think I have a leather jacket that might just compliment this look…” Hoseok scanned through his closet before pulling it out and practically putting it on him himself.

He took a step back and gasped for the third time that night. “Minty! You look smoking!”

“Whatever. Can we just go?” Yoongi asked, exasperated.

Hoseok shook his head and lead the way out. “No fun, no fun.”


 As soon as they had arrived to the club, Hoseok practically breezed in without a word from the bouncer. Yoongi followed after with a duck of his head not wanting the bouncer to recognize him.

The club was humid and loud. EDM music blared from the speakers and people were everywhere. There was hardly room to stand.

Hoseok was already dancing, pulling Yoongi with him as he danced his way through the thick masses of gyrating men.

“Can we find the owner already?” Yoongi called as Hoseok stopped to body roll.

“Hang on this is my song!” Hoseok grinned.

Yoongi opened his mouth to protest when a burly man shoved past him causing him to collide into Hoseok.

Hoseok merely laughed and pulled Yoongi against him by the waist. He then ground his pelvis on him, shooting him a smirk.

Yoongi felt his face heat up as he met Hoseok’s bright eyes, expectant on his next move.

He then felt an press into his thigh and he realized he had never felt so confused in his life.

“Sorry.” Hoseok whispered in his ear, causing a shiver to run down his spine. “It's a reflex.”

Yoongi scoffed in disgust and tried to back away. The people wouldn't let him. There was too many people packed into one area, he could hardly breathe let alone walk away.

Hoseok was once again pressed against him as the crowd moved to disperse as the song had ended. The man could only offer Yoongi an apologetic look and Yoongi waved it off.

At least his wasn't stabbing his thigh anymore.

People left the dance floor and Hoseok led Yoongi to the bar where the owner was serving drinks alongside the bartender. He was good looking, appearing to be around his late 20’s with black hair past his ears.

“Wow, what a babe.” Hoseok murmured as they took two stools in front of him.

Yoongi gave him a look. “Keep it in your pants please.”

“Alright Minty.” Hoseok gave him a mischievous grin.

Yoongi cleared his throats to capture the owner’s attention. The man turned away from cleaning glasses to look at him.

“What can I get you guys?”

“Two shots of soju and one mango margarita please.”

The owner nodded then turned to Yoongi.

“A lemon tea is fine.”

“One lemon soju coming up.”

Yoongi frowned and  Hoseok snickered as the owner prepared their drinks.

“What brings you to the club?” The owner asked, looking more at Hoseok than Yoongi.

“We’re private detectives.” Hoseok leaned in with a smile. “We're on a big case.”

“Oh really?” The owner leaned forward and set their drinks down with an intrigued smile. Yoongi noticed his eyes cast down on Hoseok's mouth and zero in on the mole.

He felt a strange feeling similar to his stomach curling as if he had eaten something bad. He pushed it away and sipped at his shot of soju.

Hoseok nodded. “We were wondering what you knew about the murders that have been happening around here?”

“Sorry baby, I haven't heard much. Got the news from the owner next door that people are getting killed and all I can do is crank up security and keep an eye on everyone.”

Hoseok pouted. “Aww boo.”

The owner reached out and patted his cheek. “Sorry baby.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. How many times was he going to call him baby? And why was Hoseok acting like he liked it?

It made him irritated.

It made him nauseous.

Hoseok sipped at his drink and the owner watched before smiling and handing him a card.

“You know if you ever need anything or if you want to find out if I learned anything new, you can call me.”

“Thank you.” Hoseok accepted it with two hands and bowed.

Yoongi nearly gagged.

The owner gazed down at his mole one more time before grinning and walking away to serve another customer.

Hoseok turned to Yoongi, showing the card off with a devilish grin.

Yoongi sighed. “Useless info.”

Hoseok's smile faded. “Sorry.”

“Let's go to another one.” Yoongi got off from the stool.

“Woooo! Let's go all night!” Hoseok cheered.

Before Yoongi could walk off, Hoseok pulled him back.

“Finish your drink!” He pointed to the half sipped soju shot.

Yoongi contemplated disagreeing but decided that maybe going along with Hoseok wouldn't be so bad. It had got him this far.

He downed his shot as Hoseok cheered loudly and obnoxiously causing heads to turn including the owner.

Embarrassed, Yoongi kept his head down as he dragged Hoseok out the door and to the next club.

Four clubs and way too many shots later, Yoongi found himself wobbling outside beside an equally drunk Hoseok.

He flicked his cigarette to the ground, crushing it under his shoe with a sigh. “Well I've given up. ing .”

“We can try tomorrow, Minty.”

“Okay, Horsey.”

Hoseok self consciously touched his long face before shooting Yoongi a glare. “Bastard.”

Yoongi smirked.

“After all I've done for you. I even let you wear my best eyeshadow.” Hoseok pouted.

Yoongi glanced at his lips, wondering if they were as soft as they appeared. He then looked away and shrugged. “And I let you help me.”

“For free!” Hoseok scoffed and walked to the edge of the pavement, hoping to hail a cab. “How much did they offer anyway?” He asked over his shoulder.

“$50,000.”

“Jesus Christ, kimchi and rice!”

Yoongi couldn't fight off the smile that appeared on his face and was grateful the other man’s back was turned. The last thing he wanted was for Hoseok to think he was amused. Because he wasn't…

“Yup. No more ramen for me.”

Hoseok turned around. “You don't cook?”

“Sometimes.” Hoseok raised an eyebrow in disbelief. “Okay, rarely.” Yoongi relented.

“Bummer, you should hit me up. I always cook. Actually got some lamb skewers waiting for me.”

Yoongi’s mouth practically watered at the sound of that. “Lamb skewers? .”

“Want some?” Hoseok wiggled his brow, a knowing smirk on his face.

Yoongi was hungry, he wasn't going to hide it. “ yeah.” He agreed a little too quickly.

Hoseok beamed at him as a cab pulled up. He then let out a whoop of joy and pulled him in.


 “Anyways, to , but man does it pay.” Hoseok said through a mouthful of rice.

They were finally back at Hoseok's place and Yoongi was gnawing contentedly on lamb meat as Hoseok complained about his job.

“Why don't you just get a normal job?” Yoongi offered, wiping his mouth with the sleeve of the leather jacket.

Hoseok gave him a look and tossed him a napkin. He then leaned back in his chair. “Don't have schooling. I mean occasionally they hire me to dance at parties, but it's a little risky to do it full time.”

“.” Was all Yoongi could say. He did feel bad for Hoseok, he knew what it was like to do crappy jobs for quick money.

“It's alright it could be worse.”

Yoongi gave him a questioning look. What could be worse than strangers all day?

“I could be short with green hair.” Hoseok teased, his eyes alight with mischief.

Yoongi felt a flush of heat rush into his cheeks. He felt warm, yet defensive. “Man you and your mole!” He finally slurred out.

“Ah, so you do like my mole?” Hoseok leaned forward with a wide grin.

Yoongi fidgeted in his seat. “Maybe…”

“Well if you like it so much, why don't you marry it?”

Yoongi reached out and pulled at Hoseok's lip. Hoseok chuckled and scooted closer until they were practically nose to nose. Yoongi could feel his warm breath fan his face as his eyes narrowed in on the mole. Hoseok's lips parted slightly and Yoongi lost his will.

He kissed him softly before pulling away with a frown. “You're so ing annoying.”

Hoseok kissed him back without missing a beat. “You're so ing serious.”

“Why did you keep following me? Huh?” Yoongi demanded looking away to give him air to think.

“I don't know.” Hoseok shrugged. “Don't see a lot of short green haired men around. I was curious.”

“Man you! My hair is great!”

Hoseok laughed and Yoongi felt a smile creep on his face. He then caught Hoseok's eye and a strange feeling came over him.

“I'm sobering up, got any beer?” Yoongi looked away.

“Sure.” He heard Hoseok reply then heard the scrape of the chair as he got up and headed to the fridge.

Hopefully beer would make that weird feeling go away.