Chapter Seven

Min Yoongi, P.I. and the Rainbow Flag Murders

“This isn’t your fault you know.” Hoseok stated as they pulled up to the driveway. The butlers were still at the gate, unaware that their master was in trouble. Since the gate was open they had no problem driving up to the house.

“I knew it was one of the members and they could have attacked Seokjin.” Yoongi replied. “It is my fault.”

Hoseok shook his head. “Seokjin was the one who handed you the case.”

“Yeah, and I was supposed to solve it, not get him in trouble.”

Hoseok stared at him. “You’re impossible.”

They found Namjoon outside of the house with a phone in his hand. He looked frantic, as he paced back and forth.

As he spotted them he hung up and gave them an anxious glance. Yoongi and Hoseok got out of the car and walked over.

“I called Seokjin and he doesn’t answer.”

“Did you call the police?”

Namjoon nodded.

“Wait out here.” Yoongi told them and started walking up to the front door.

“No way!” Hoseok followed after.

“I’m coming too.” Namjoon said.  

“Who’s going to wait for the police?” Hoseok asked.

“Seokjin was my baby.” Namjoon insisted. “I have the right to come.”

“Both of you are not licensed, stay out here.” Yoongi ordered.

“Oh please, you’ve never been in a situation like this. Licensed or not.” Hoseok objected, his arms crossed over his chest.

Yoongi sighed. “And you have?”

“Do you know my profession?” Hoseok raised his eyebrows. “I’ve had a couple guns in my face, thank you very much.”

Yoongi felt a wave of uneasiness upon hearing Hoseok’s risky career choice, but he didn’t comment it. Had this had gone differently, he would have given him half of his earnings, making sure he wouldn’t work like that again.

“Alright.” He relented.

And the three of them entered the house.


In the living room with rose and metallic colored walls, diamond shapes patterned them. The furniture, soft and white as crisp snow on a January day, shone against the decor. Seated on one of these white, crisp furnitures, a couch to be specific, was Seokjin.

He was gagged with tape and bound by rope from his wrists and ankles. His eyes went wide at the sight of the three of them.

Namjoon nearly ran to him when a gun was cocked. From the shadows of a tall potted plant in the corner emerged the murderer.

 You! 

“Yes, me.” Ken replied to Hoseok with a smirk.

With the black outfit, gun pointed at them, and the wicked smile on his handsome face Ken looked like a murderer.

Somehow, Yoongi had always known there was something off about him.

It was too suspicious.

The impromptu moving, the convenient answer to the flags’ origins, the fact that he could enter the house without arousing suspicion from the butlers. The access to the ins and outs of G.E.S.K. The visits to the clubs in the name of promoting the organization.

It all made sense.

“You were his best friend!” Namjoon shouted.

Ken snorted. “Oh please. Our parents were friends. I could care less about this narcissistic . His fashion sense is questionable too.”

Seokjin struggled at that last comment, angry muffling coming out of his mouth.

“But why did you kill people if you just wanted to get to Seokjin?” Hoseok demanded.

“Gay people get no recognition. You of all people should know that. You’re a gay e. How much respect can you possibly get?”

Yoongi saw Hoseok’s jaw clench and his hands curl into fists at his sides. He wasn’t angry at the comment, he was angry at the truth in the comment.

“This organization may have been Seokjin’s little precious idea of making an impact in this country, but my murders are what are definitely going to make people notice us. The fact that I had to lead some loser P.I. to me is pathetic, but I’m glad that you’ll be my witnesses. And once I kill this rich homo, everyone with give us recognition.” Ken continued.

“You’re sick!” Hoseok yelled. “You’ll only make things worse! This isn’t the way! ”

“Sure it is.”

Ken smile seemed to grow wider, his eyes wild with delusion. He absolutely believed in what he was doing. Yoongi cast a look at Seokjin seeing him looking at Ken with a sad bewilderment. He must have wondered how he could have been friends with such a disturbed person.

“Let Seokjin go!” Namjoon commanded. “Enough is enough!”

“Nah.”

The simple smug reply should have infuriated Namjoon, but if it did he didn’t show it. Instead he calmly reached a long arm behind his back pocket where his phone was situated. Yoongi took the opportunity to slip away.

Maybe if Ken saw Namjoon making the move he could go around him and attack. Sure he didn’t remember his proper police training for disarming, but he had teeth and fists and that was going to have to be enough. Ken noticed the movement right away and pointed the gun at Namjoon just as expected.

Yoongi hadn’t gotten very far though when Ken caught on to him too. He moved the gun Yoongi.

“Really? You really think you’re going to fool me with that I’ll have you know I was voted Biggest Brain in high--”

Ken’s head connected with a lamp with a loud THWACK! He fell to the ground, unconscious.

Hoseok smirked, lamp in hand. “Shut the up.”

Yoongi was probably in love. A warm feeling was bubbling inside him and spreading to his toes and fingertips.

Yeah, love .

It didn’t last long though. Ken awoke with a groan and a grip on the gun. His blue (obviously contact) eyes glittered with hatred. Yoongi saw him raise the gun and aim at Hoseok. Hoseok’s eyes widened and Namjoon shouted something. Yoongi felt his body act on his own, shoving Hoseok aside.

There was no pain when the bullet pierced his side. It just felt like if someone had thrown a rock at him. A slight discomfort but nothing major like how Yoongi had heard it described.

He hit the ground and his hand came to touch his side. Hot, sticky blood coated his hand and he could only stare at it, perplexed.

I got shot?

I’m bleeding?

The world went muffled as his eyesight grew hazy and darkened around the edges. Suddenly hands were cradling his head and Hoseok was kneeling over him shouting something, tears in his eyes.

There were people around him running and yelling. Yoongi could make out Seokjin’s voice and Namjoon and Ken and Hoseok until he…


Yoongi awoke in a hospital. An I.V. dug into his hand and he itched to yank it off. He attempted to when warm hands gripped his own and put them back to his lap. He blinked rapidly, adjusting his eyes to the hideous bright light of the hospital room.

He then made eye contact with a swollen eyed Hoseok.

He’d been crying.

“Don’t cry.” He rasped out reaching his I.V. hand to Hoseok who was sitting in a flimsy hospital chair a foot away.

“Don’t cry?!” Hoseok cried, looking more angry than sad. “You got shot Yoongi! Were gonna die on me, you bastard?”

“I’ve lived enough.” Yoongi shrugged then winced when hot pain exploded through his side radiating throughout his entire body.

Holy .

I got shot . He realized.

“You pessimistic turtle.”

Yoongi looked back at Hoseok and noticed there was actual fear in his eyes. Fear at the thought of losing him.

He reached out again and Hoseok took his hand, crying once more. Yoongi was a little confused. He was here, alive. Shouldn’t Hoseok be smiling now?

Hoseok wiped at his eyes with his black long sleeves. “, I think I love you Minty.”

“That’s okay.”

Hoseok smiled. “Really?”

“Yeah ‘cuz, I think I love you too, Horsey.”

The hideous nickname made Hoseok glare and pull his hand away. “ you.”

“Let’s go on that first date first.” Yoongi replied and his heart fluttered and warmth seeped through him, replacing the hot pain, as he saw Hoseok crack a smile.

“Okay.”

“Also call a nurse and get me more morphine, I’m dying again.”

Hoseok barked out a laugh before getting up.

“Okay.” He repeated.


A month later Yoongi was up and limping on crutches. He had temporarily (probably permanently) moved into Hoseok’s apartment as the man didn’t want to let him out of sight. Seokjin had managed to pay them, even adding a little extra since they saved his life and introduced him to Namjoon, his now official beau, as the paparazzi claimed.

Yoongi, spending days and weeks lying in bed rest, finally fed himself up and crawled for his crutches one Saturday afternoon claiming they were going on a date.

Hoseok was shook his head the whole time as he helped Yoongi down the stairs of his apartment, into and out of a taxi, and finally to the theater.

As Hoseok bought the tickets, Yoongi scrolled through his phone, his elbow leaning onto his crutch for support.

There had been nothing in the news about Ken nor the murders the whole time Yoongi had been in the hospital.

In a way, Ken had been right.

Yoongi buried this feeling, not liking the shame of having to think that a murdering lunatic was right about what he was preaching.

Hoseok returned with the tickets and caught his expression. “You alright?”

“Fine.”

Hoseok frowned. “Tell me what’s wrong or I will go change these tickets to the action movie advertised outside.”

Yoongi grumbled. Knowing Hoseok, he would exchange them and make him miss the romantic movie about a girl who moves into a big city to find herself and ends up finding love, that he had been dying to see since he’d been in the hospital.

“It’s been a month and there’s been nothing. Feels like it never happened.” Yoongi confessed.

“Shot for nothing?” Hoseok joked.

Yoongi nodded.

Hoseok turned serious. “Ken was right.”

“Don’t say that.”

“But he was. He was right, so many people dead, Seokjin hyung almost dead. And for what?”

Yoongi couldn’t answer and Hoseok didn’t want an answer. He was just angry and voicing complaints they both had, aloud.

“I guess it gets better right?” Hoseok managed a hopeful smile.

“Yeah.”

Yoongi then hobbled to the concession stand with Hoseok, because the movie was about to start and Hoseok wasn’t crying over love without popcorn and junior mints.

As they sat in the dark theater Yoongi turned to Hoseok and the man smiled and entwined their hands together on the arm rest.

Yoongi still had much to know about Hoseok.

But for now, it felt like he’d known him for forever.

“Hoseok.”

“Hm?”

The previews blared loudly and Yoongi had to lean into Hoseok’s ear to whisper.

“Hoseok, I’m gay .”

Hoseok turned to him and his expression was thoughtful. He seemed to be remembering when they had met again for the second time. When Hoseok had said that he hadn’t taken him for a clubber or a gay. He smiled, finally recalling.

“Minty you lying bastard.”

Yoongi smiled back. “Not lying, just figured it wasn’t your business.”

“It’s my business now?”

“Well we’re probably going to kiss after this so yes it is.”

“Yoongi I’ve had my up in you and you’ve had your up in me.”

Yoongi shrugged. “Way I was raised.”

Hoseok laughed and Yoongi tightened his grip on Hoseok’s hand. Anticipation for his first kiss with Hoseok, filling him with joy.