The Encounter

Splash!!

ring………ring... 

"ughh....  It still early! Hm..  Hello?" Chorong answer the call with eyes close. 

"Hello?" 

"Hello.. Who is this?"

"Hello? "

"Stop 'hello'ing me. Who's on the line?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is this Park Chorong?"

"Yes I am. Who's there?" Chorong sit up with her back on the bedpost. 

"I'm Eunji's friend. From school. Er...  Can I meet you?"

"Uh? Why me? And where did you got my number?"

"Err...  I saw your number in Eunji's bag. She left it at school"

"Oh, okay. Where?"

"Hmm..  After school? I see you at XXX café. It's near the school."

"Okay"

"Thanks Chorong-ssi. See you later"

tut... Tut.. 

"O-okay...  Huh? She hang up? Oh, I forgot to ask her name. Eh? I already ask her. She's the one that didn't tell me. Hmm...  " Chorong lay back and snuggle to her fluffy bear, continuing her sleep. But it's didn't last for a minute when her phone ringing again. She take her phone lazily but upon she read the name, she quickly sit up and clear . 

"Hello?"

"Hello unnie. Sorry if I disturb you this early. But I just want to tell you that my flight is today. I forgot to tell you last night"

"What? Yah! Jung Eunji, why you didn't tell me sooner! I could've sent you to the airport. Now, I miss the opportunity. Our last meet is the day you left my house which is a week ago!" Chorong straighten her back when she hear Eunji's word. 

"I'm sorry unnie. No need to sent me, I'm okay. Wait, did you just tell me that you miss me?" Eunji teasing voice make Chorong blush. 

"A-aniyo" she buried her face on the pillow. 

"Eyy... Unnie, don't worry. I'll video call you everyday when I got there. But to least your blush, I miss you too, unnie" 

"How did you know?" Chorong jerk up her head, shock. 

"Gotcha! You blushing! That's mean you miss me!" 

"Y-yah!" Eunji is laughing so hard at the other side. Then, Chorong giggles when she heard Eunji laughing non-stop. 

"Unnie, I gotta go. I didn't pack my books yet. I'll call you once I finish." Chorong heard a shuffle sound that show Eunji is in the middle of packing. 

"Okay, don't forget to call me. Bye.. Iloveyou"

"Huh? What? Hehehe...  Love you too unnie. Bye.. " Eunji hang up first while Chorong sit still with her back at the bedpost. 

She rest her head comfortly and her thought about Eunji appear in her mind. 

"I don't know what will happen if I didn't drive through the puddle. Maybe I didn't met her.. Maybe I can't move on from that jerk. Maybe... I didn't became her girlfriend.." She chuckle slowly and shake her head. She took a glance at the clock that show it's already 8:30 in the morning. She decided to wash up and took her breakfast. 

 

EUNJI POV

"......iloveyou" I heard Chorong unnie said that holy word. I stunned a sec but decide to . 

"Huh? What? Hehehe... Love you too unnie. Bye.. " I hang up the phone and look at my luggage at the corner of my room. I sigh slowly when I rethink about my father decision to move me to study abroad. 

If I only the pen drive incident didnt happen and that Minah didn't trick me, maybe I still can study peacefully in Korea. But.. If that incident didn't happen, maybe I can't meet Chorong unnie. She's my saviour. If she didn't bath me with that stinky water, maybe I can't falling for her. Hahaha.. It's funny if I think about the incident. I fall in love first sight to her, I still clearly remember her apologetic face that captured my heart. Eventhough her eye are puffy like she just finish crying. Hmm... I wonder what happen to her and that hot Yoon Bomi. She never told me anything, about it. Nevermind, i still have a plenty of time to ask her.

I stand up and walk out from my room. Then,i saw my father and step-mother at the living room drinking coffee with newspaper on their hand.

"Good morning appa,aunty" i fake a smile and sit infront of them.

"Morning princess, today we will sent you to the airport.. Your sister said sorry that she cant sent you off. She's busy" Appa put his newspaper on the table and give me a smile. I nodded my head and take a toast on the table and take a bite. I watch the morning news on the TVs. 

"Ehemm, Eunji-ah.. " I heard my stepmother called me softly. Hearing her soft voice make me remember my late mother. 

"Yes?" I look at her, I see she's playing with her finger on her laps. "I want to say sorry.. I know that I should take care of you and love you like a mother. When I knew you're running away, I felt so bad like I can't be a good mother. I knew it's been a week but I can't see a suitable time to talk. I'm sorry Eunji-ah. I broke my promise to your late mother to take good care of you. I've decided to stop working and be a full-time housewife. Once you finished studied, I promise you that I'll be a good mother for you" I stand up and walked over to Aunty who already in tears. I hug her, the warm that I always miss I can feel it today. After seeing us two in tear, Appa also join us. We stay like that for a few minute before I release the hug slowly. 

"Appa is sorry too. I know I ignore your well being after mother died, I'm sorry." I smile until my eyes form a crescent. "Appa, Aunty, today is my last day here. No more tear please.." We laugh together. Finally,after a year this house quiet from any laughter, it's filled today. I remembered something. 

"Oh, aunty, if you quit what about your company? Appa?" I look at them. 

"I'll handed it to your unnie."

"Umm, Taeyeon unnie?"

"Yes, and you Eunji-ah..  I already registered your course. You'll take business since you will take over my position once you graduate." I look at Appa's face. I nodded and stare at him. I can see a few wrinkles on his face. He's became older day by day. I thought about the promises I made with Chorong unnie. That I'll get a stable job and can afford her well being. Then,i realise that i didnt tell my father about unnie. I look at the clock. Its already 10am. My flight is at night,  I still can have a lunch with them. 

"Appa, I have something to tell you. But, I want to eat lunch together, one family. Is Taeyeon unnie free this afternoon aunty?" 

"I'm not sure darling. Give her a call" I take my phone out and try to search her number. 

"Err... I don't think I have her number aunty." I smile apologetically. 

"Hahaha, it's our fault for not trying to be closer to you. Here her number, 101-1037 1838.

"Thanks aunty" I save her number and walked out to near the pool.  I take a deep breath before push the call button. It's my first time talking to her through phone, that's why I felt nervous even though we've talk a few time before. 

"Hello?" I can hear her voice. 

"Err.. Hello, err.. Unnie, it's Eunji" I play the water with my feet. 

"Oh Eunji-ah! It's a surprised to have you call me. Why did you call me?" I move to sit on the bench. 

"Hmm... Did you free this afternoon? I would like to have a lunch together today." 

"Oh, this afternoon? I have a meeting but I'll try to postpone it. With appa and amma too?" I nodded but quickly slap my head for my stupidness. 

"Dae, I've something to tell you guys."

"Okay, I'll try to make it for you. Bye Eunji-ah"

"Thanks. Bye unnie" I hang up. 

I never though that it's feel nice to have a call with Taeyeon unnie. I never talk to her on phone before, we just meet when there's a special occasion. But the talk always about study and works. 

I walked inside and tell my father that she'll try to make it and excuse myself to the room to clean up myself. 

END OF POV

Back to Chorong, she's cleaning her house after breakfast. Once she finished, she sit on the couch and watch the tv. 

It's 12pm, Chorong stand up and go dress up for her meeting with Eunji's friend. She forgot to tell Eunji about the meeting but since Eunji didn't call her yet, she assume that Eunji still not finished packing. 

After about a half an hour, Chorong walked out from her room and go to the main door to wear her favourite sneakers. Then, she make her way to her car after make sure the door already locked properly. 

 

 Chorong parked her car near the XXX café.  She saw there's some people wearing school uniform at the cafe. She took her phone and dialing Naeun number. After the third ringing, Naeun pick up. 

"Hello? Naeun-ssi, I'm already at the café but there's so many student in there. I don't know how your faces look like."

"Ahh... Chorong-ssi, I'm not wearing my school uniform. I'm wearing a black cap. There's no one in this cafe who wear a cap. And the tables is at the corner of the cafe"

"Okay, thanks"

"Hm, bye"

CHORONG POV

I get out from my car and walk to the cafe. I stop at the entrance and scan through the cafe. There, I saw a girl wearing a black cap at the corner of the café reading a book.  Woah, this girl surely the intelligence one. I walk to her and stop beside the table. This girl is so engrossed reading her book until she didn't notice I'm here. 

"Eh hem, Naeun-ssi?"

"......"

"Naeun-ssi?" I ask a little bit louder than last time. 

"Uh?" She startled. 

"Are you Naeun? I'm Park Chorong, Eunji's.. Er... Friend" I don't know how to introduce myself to the shocked girl in from of me. She take out her spectacle before stand up. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Yea, I'm Naeun. Eunji's friend from school. Please have a sit Chorong-ssi." We took our seat and order a drinks. 

"Oh, Naeun-ssi, you said that you want to give me Eunji's bag, right?  But I didn't remember when she goes to school. It's been a month or what since the last she go to school." I felt a little bit insecure about this girl. I'm pretty sure she have another intention by calling me. 

"Er..  She come to school a few days ago. To settle some document for her moving to oversea. Actually, I'm shocked when I know she suddenly tell her friend that she's moving to study oversea. A few days ago, I try to talked to her when I see she's alone at the school park. But... She run away leaving her bag." She talk slowly but her face look like she's on urge to crying. 

"Why did she run?" I felt confused. "There's an incident before our test about a month ago? Before she stop coming to school." Oh crap! I forgot about the incident between her and that Minah girl. So, she's Son Naeun. The number 1 student. I'm such a pabo. How can I forgot about it! 

"So, you're Son Naeun. The number one student. I guess, the pen drive one right?" Suddenly, I felt angry. My emotion mixed up when I remember again about the incident that make my Eunji crying. Even though I didn't know her truly that time. 

"D-dae.. That one. I want to explain to her. But she run away. Can you help me to see her?  I really need to explain. I can't live properly if there's someone who think bad about me."

"No way. Her flight is today. Even I can't see her for the last time before her departure" I sighed. Suddenly I miss her. 

"Oh really?! If I explain to you, can you help me to explain to her? I know you're not just a "friend"" I shocked. I drink the coffee a little before clearing my throat. 

"H-how did you know?" I stuttered. I'm afraid what's her reaction since this kind of relationship is still a taboo at Korea. 

"What kind of friend who decorate her "friend" name card with love and write about living forever? But don't worry, we're on the same boat." I can see her cheek turn to pink. I sighed again in relieved. 

"Oh, hahaha.. I'm glad. So, what did you know about the pen drive?" I sip the coffee and sit properly while leaning my body closer to the table a bit. 

"I bet she told you about her ex-bestfriend, Bang Minah, right? Actually, she's the one who always cheating every test. She will take the pen drive which contain the test information and copy to her laptop before placed the pendrive back to the original places. I once caught her while she copying the information to her laptop.. But, I can't say anything since she blackmail me. I wish I can help Eunji that day." Once she finish her explanation I can hear her sigh. 

"Blackmail?" I'm curious about this blackmailing things. 

"It's something personal.  I can't tell you" she drink all the coffee in one gulp and cleared her things. 

"I'm sorry Chorong-ssi, but I've an appointment with the dentist at 4pm. Please help me to explain to her. Please? I really hope you can do it. I wish I could've stay longer. It's nice to meet you Chorong-ssi. Bye.. See you when I see you" she stand up. I also stand and we exchange a handshake before she walked out from the cafe. 

I finished my coffee before stand up to pay. But the cashier said the girl already paid it. Then, I walk out. I decided to take a walk at the playground in front of the cafe. Just a across the road. I sit at a bench that at the secluded area. 

I type a message to Eunji. Wishing her good luck and have a save flight since I don't know when she will depart. I wish I can see her. I sighed again and watch a few children playing happily at the swing. 

"Ahh! I'm sorry!!" I heard a voice from the alley. I'm curious, that voice sound familiar.. I stand and walk slowly to the alley. The groaning sound seem clearer and the sound of someone beating can be headed clearly. 

I stop when I see a girl been beaten by two men. "Police! Help!! " I scream at the top of my lungs. I walk closer to the girl after the guys running away. 

"Are you okay?" I stop a meter from the girl. 

"Yeah, thanks" the girl look up. I frozen. 

"B-Bomi??!!"

 

 

_________________________________________________

 

 

 

My trial just started today! I'm sorry for the late update since I need to study. According to my plan, there's about two chapter again. Sorry for the grammar mistake and lack of writing skills. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Thanks for the subscriber, and upvote. Thank you for reading!! 😁😁😁 

P/s sorry for the typos. I'm writing using my phone. APINK AT MALAYSIA! 👏👏👏

Unfortunately, I can't see them. 😭😭