Chapter 6

Sweet lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„I’m going to work everyone!“ Yoojin said and abruptly stood up from the table.

„What? Didn’t you say, that you will start after exam period?“ Jiwoo asked.

„They called me they need someone for tonight so... I agreed. I wouldn’t learn today anyways.“

„But isn’t it too soon?“ Younghyun said. It was still weird for Yoojin to talk to him after what happened last week. They didn’t really talk about it and ignored that topic in general. Especially him.

„I can handle it.“ They all looked kind of surprised, but let it like that.

„Good luck“

-----

It wasn’t like Yoojin was happy about going there, but she really needed to do something, that will keep her from thinking.

When she started at 6 o’clock, the bar was almost empty.

„Right now, we’re the only ones here, but later, after 10, when we have the most customers, 2 other waitresses will come here. Normally, I would handle it alone right now, but I need to give you some training before... Then, we won’t have time.“ Yoongi said with his deep but phlegmatic voice.

„Ahh... Okay.“

„You will mostly serve the customer in the zone of their tables. Taking empty bottles and glasses. They will make their orders when you come there, so just remember it or write it on paper. Then you will put it into computer. If it’s beer, juice, lemonade or something easy, you can bring it to them. If they ordered cocktails or something more complicated, tell it to the bartender. You will work in the back too. We have a dishwasher, so once in a while, take it out, clean the dishes, and put them back to the front.“ Yoojin just nodded at everything he said.

„When it comes to customers... You will have to get used to it. Jiwoo told me, you were working in the shopping mall before. There, the most important thing is to be polite. But it doesn’t work like that here. You should be nice to them to some extent, but not too much. You are pretty. If you will be too polite, they will think they are the boss here and can do anything what they want.“ Yoojin somehow blushed, as he told her she is pretty, but for him... he said it like it didn’t mean anything.

„I will give you the menu. Study it and then I will tell you more.“

-----

After 4 hours, the bar was practically full. Even when the other waitresses came, it was too much on her. She finally understood why everyone was warning her. All those drunken men... She couldn’t stand them. They repeated the same awkward lines again and again. Like a broken radio. Once, someone even pinched her .

„Are you okay?“ Yoongi asked.

„I was better.“

„The first day is always hard. You can get through it.“

„I don’t know. That old man sitting on right is really getting on my nerves. He was taking pictures of me and then editing them in his phone.“

„I can go to him.“ He said.

„No... I will take care of it.“ Yoojin breathed deeply and then walked to him.

„Can you give me your phone?“ she asked

„Why? Do you want to put some pictures in it?“

„N... Yeah. Actually I want to. But you need to give it to me first.“ The old drunken man smiled. „What is the password for unlocking?“ she turned around and asked.

„If you want to take pictures, you don’t need to unlock the phone.“ He said and laughed with his similarly drunken friends.

„But I want to delete the ones I won’t like.“ She said, desperately.

„I assure you, I will like all of them, my dear.“

Suddenly, Yoongi appeared from the side and took the phone from her hand.

„Go to the back.“ He whispered. Yoojin didn’t want to... But after a moment, her legs somehow moved without her thinking.

-----

Yoongi locked the door on the bar. It was 4 in the morning. They had to clean and then go home. Yoojin polished that one cup four times already. She just couldn’t stop thinking about all of it.

„It’s okay, Yoojin. Really. Those kind of things happens. A lot. You’re not the first one or the last one. Drunken men are just... animals.“

„But...“

„It’s okay. You can go home.“

 

Yoojin had like 3 hours for sleep when she came home. But even then, she couldn’t fall asleep, so from 3 hours, she slept like 30 minutes.

She met Younghyun in the hallway, when she was going to school. He acted... somehow... distanced. Even when he smiled, it didn’t feel real.

„How was it yesterday?“ he asked, but still looked, like they are different things running through his head..

„Oh... Okay. It was okay.“ She lied. He didn’t look like he wanted to hear something more detailed.

„Ah...“ It reminded her the high school again. Even then, one day, they acted like best friends and week later, they hardly even greeted. „I’m going to the shop first. We will meet at lunch..“ he said and lost behind the corner sooner, than she managed to tell him ‚okay‘.

 

At lunch, the awkward atmosphere continued... Practically until Jiwoo came.

„I’m sorry I’m late.“ She said. Somehow, everyone at the table was now glad she is there. Her presence made everything easier.

„Guess with who I was!“ she asked Yoojin.

„I really don’t know.“

„Yoongi.“ She smiled.

„Ah... Yoongi – the Vampire.“
„Yeah... That one. He told me he thinks you’re cute.“ She pinched Yoojin in the arm.

„What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter