Chapter 5

Sweet lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„So? How was your interview?“ Jiwoo asked her sooner, than she managed to close the door behind her.

„It was... Weird.“

„Weird?“

„Yeah... The people working there are somehow different. For a moment, I felt like I’m in a mental hospital.“

„Really? I know one of the waiters. Yoongi. And he’s really cool.“

„Oh... That one? Have you ever seen him on a broad light? I though he‘s a vampire for a moment.“ Jiwoo laughed.

„No... He’s really cool. He just doesn’t like to move. Or do anything... But in the end. Will you go for it?“

„I think yes. They will pay me well and I can choose my working days.“

„That’s good. If you won’t like it, you can quit anytime.“

„Yeah... I told them I can start after the exam period.“ Yoojin sat on her bed, when the notification on her phone beeped.

„Group chat? What is it?“ she said to herself.

 

Seo Eunkwang

Hey guys!

I don’t know, if you already know, but our Canadian boy Younghyun just came back. So I’m thinking... We should do something. Go out together! Celebrate! What about tomorrow? Write ‚call‘ if you’re in.

 

Yoojin’s stomach turned around. What the hell? What does he think he’s doing? She clicked on his name to write him a message, but it was too late already. 15 people have seen it and... 2 wrote ‚call‘. Including Lee Sohyun.

„Oh Gosh. Not her.“ She said and run out of the room. Started knocking on Wonpil’s apartment.

The door opened immediately. Almost as someone was just running out of his apartment too.

-----

„So... What do we do now?“ Yoojin asked, burrowing her face into her palms.

„The truth is, I would like to go there... If it didn’t include HER.“ Younghyun said, pointing at Sohyun‘s profile picture.

„It would still include a lot of explaining about our relationship. I am not going.“

„Or I can tell them you just made it up.“ He laughed.

„You wouldn’t do it.“

„Yes, I would. If you won’t go.“

„If you think about it, our fake relationship is helping you too.“ Yoojin said after a moment.

„Hmm? How?“

„It will keep Sohyun away. At least for a while.“

„If she didn’t went through psychiatric treatment, nothing will keep her away.“

„How do you mean it?“

„Not even Pacific Ocean was enough for her. She could still send me her stupid messages."

„So?“

„We will go there. Together. With Wonpil. Write ‚call‘ so they know.“

-----

Again, they met at school cafeteria. Yoojin couldn’t stop stressing about tonight.

„So how will we go there? All three of us together?“

„Guys... I feel kinda left out.“ Jiwoo said.

„Just be glad you weren’t part of our class.“

„Yes... We should go all together.“ Younghyun said.

„So I’m supposed to play your third wheel?“ Wonpil started complaining. He and Yoojin exchanged looks and then came back to reality.

„No one will be third wheel. We will just... Go there as friends. And if they ask...“

„They will ask!“ Wonpil said.

„If they will ask, we will just tell them we got back together. Nothing more, nothing less.“

„Shouldn’t we come up with a story?“ Younghyun asked.

„What story?“

„I don’t know... About how we started dating or something.“

„But we didn... okay. Think about something. I will leave it to you.“

„So... That’s it. We will meet at 5, okay?“ Wonpil said.

„What about me? What should I do?“ Jiwoo looked really disappointed by all of this.

„Play angry birds.“

-----

„Oh. Orange! You’re here again.“ Wonpil said, as he spotted Yoojin in the hallway. „This time even skirt?“ Yoojin wore a simple mini black dress, with a jeans jacket on top of it and... orange lipstick.

„You’re pretty.“ Younghyun appeared in the hallway too and closed the door behind him. Yoojin’s heart skipped a beat. It were such a beautiful words to hear. From Younghyun especially.

„Can we go? Did you download her angry birds?“ Wonpil asked.

„Yeah, we can go. Should I call for a cab?“

„No. I will call it.“ Younghyun said. And really, he was as skilled as her. They sat to the backseats, Yoojin crammed in the middle, fighting with her need to breathe.

-----

5 years before

After the incident with Younghyun’s uniform, he never came to school that early again. Yoojin wondered, if it’s because the thing with his parents got solved out or he just... didn’t want to meet her alone again.

Of course, they were seeing each other a lot, since they were in the same class, but it was different when there were other people around. He was almost always with Wonpil and even if he wasn’t, she wasn’t the type that would come up to him and talk. The only words they exchanged were simply about classes.

It was until their big exam day, when they actually talked to each other.

Everyone was stressing out, trying to learn something before they put their tests on their tables. Yoojin calmly walked into a class, fully drenched with water. Her whole uniform was wet and water was slowly falling from her hair. No one actually realized it, since they were so burned into the books. Only Younghyun, as he was now sitting in the place in front of her, turned around.

„Yoojin?! What happened? Why are you like this? Didn’t you bring your umbrella?“ Yoojin just calmly took a towel out of her bag and started drying herself.

„Hmm? No. I have an umbrella.“

„Then why are you all wet?“

„It’s something like a ritual.“ She said.

„What?“

„My grandma was always telling me, that rain washes the fear away. I got wet because I wanted. It will help me.“

„You will get sick.“

„We’re not in kdrama. I won’t get sick because I got wet once.“ Younghyun couldn’t say anything. He turned back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter