Prologue

Sweet lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoojin never liked this game. It was just stupid. Drinking alcohol at a school trip was already a big risk, now adding this, she couldn’t be more uncomfortable. But everyone joined, so she had no other choice. She won’t be that party pooper.

Yoojin didn’t want to lie, but didn’t want to make an idiot out of herself either. First question and she is already miserable.

„I have never ever kissed a boy.“ Said her classmate Sooyoung, who was drunk even before all of this started. All girls took their glasses and convincingly drank the soju in front of them in one shot. Even some guys did it on big laugh of others. Yoojin looked around herself and did exactly what others. Her first lie.

„I have never ever eaten my own sniffle.“ Said Hoseok while dancing to the rhythm of the background music. It looked like everyone will be disgusted, but still, three people drank.

„What? I was a child.“ Taehyung defended himself.

„I still do it. I heard it’s healthy.“ Changseob said and put his finger into his nose hole.

The circle continued. Yoojin lied only about three times. Which was good... She managed to avoid almost all unwanted topics. Until that moment.

„I have never ever had a boyfriend.“ Said Minah. Yoojin panicked. Again, all girls took drank. But this wouldn’t be a simple lie. Yoojin can’t just come up with anything. She just has to believe no one will ask her about the details. So she lied again.

„Yoojin?“ Sohyun asked surprised. Sohyun. One of her best friends. Or so called best friends.

„Did you have a boyfriend, Yoojin?“ Taehyung was obviously surprised too. It looked like everyone cared about her answer now.

„Y-yes. It was not that long, but...“

„Who? Who was it? Is he here right now?“ Eunkwang asked excitedly.

„He... No. He’s not here.“ Yoojin said, uncomfortable with the attention which was on her now.

„Then? Who is it?“ Almost everyone was now asking at once.

„I want to respect his privacy. We didn’t want to date publicly.“

„What is it? Did you lie to us?“ Some of them gave her really disappointed look.

„No... We-We really dated.“ Yoojin desperately tried to convince them. When did this change into a press conference?

„You said he is not here. Then tell us!“ It looks like she won't get out of this without another lie.

The number of names that run through her head in that moment was downright scary. Considering their age, character, looks, their actual relationship... Wake up Yoojin! It’s not like you have a time to be picky.

„Younghyun. It was Younghyun.“ Yoojin’s eyes stopped at Wonpil. Younghyun’s former best friend Wonpil, whose expression right now was... something between scared, questioning and amused at the same time. Younghyun is in Canada for more than a year. How bad this can turn out?

„Young-Younghyun?“ They asked surprised. Sohyun came closer and started analyzing Yoojin’s face.

„How long?“ Someone shouted from the back.

„3... 3 months. We broke up when he was leaving.“

„Oh.... How sad.“ Said Nayeon, holding her boyfriend Jihyuk around the waist, like she will never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter