Chapter 4

Sweet lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was lunch time. Jiwoo and Yoojin were in the school cafeteria. They were sitting right in the middle, in front of each other, so no one could join their table.

„So... How are you two doing? You and Younghyun.“ Jiwoo asked after a longer period of silence.

„Hmm? How should we be doing?“

„I don’t know. You’re... fake girlfriend and boyfriend. Are you making some progress?“

„What are you talking about? It’s only for... critical moments. We’re not actually dating.“

„But don’t you like him? At least a little bit?“ Yoojin obviously blushed.

„No... Of course I don’t like him.“

„You said he is 10! 10 out of 10.“

„I have just respect for his looks. That’s everything.“

„But... You know each other for so long! Shouldn’t you...“

„What are you talking about?“ Wonpil appeared out of nowhere and pushed Yoojin to the side so he could sit next to her. Jiwoo shifted a little bit too and left a place for Younghyun.“

„Badmouthing you.“ Yoojin said.

„Guys, do something about her. I think I’m more interested in her love life than she is.“ Jiwoo said. Yoojin wanted to hit her with a hammer. Why is she talking about those things, when he‘s there?

„Love life? What love life?“ Wonpil started laughing. „Our Yoojin has no love life... Except the fact she secretly loves me.“ Yoojin straight up punched him to the stomach.

„You deserved it.“ She murmured.

„Does someone have a phone charger here?“ Younghyun asked, changing the topic. Yoojin didn’t know, if she should be grateful or embarassed. Meanwhile, Wonpil was fighting with his pain.

„I have one.“ Jiwoo said and took it out of her backpack. The conversation stagnated again.

„What about your part-time job, Yoojin? Did you call them?“ Younghyun came with a topic.

„Oh... Yes. They said I have to go through a short interview. I’m going there today. Actually, right when I finish eating.“

„That’s great... But didn’t you look for anything else?“

„No... I don’t have time for it. And it’s not that easy to find something... for nights.“

„But when will you sleep?“ Jiwoo joined.

„Somewhere in between, I guess.“

„You should think it through once more.“ She said.

„I will decide after that interview.“

„I know someone who owns a karaoke bar. If it won’t go well, I can recommend you there. Maybe they won’t pay you so much, but it’s safer.“ Wonpil said.

„Don’t act like you care.“ Yoojin herself was surprised by her reaction. But he really went on her nerves. She stood up and took her tray.

„Wait Yoojin. I was only making fun of you before. Don’t take it too seriously.“ Wonpil said, forcing a smile on his face.

„You’re always making fun of me...“ she breathed out. „Sometimes, I have enough of it... But I’m not angry. I’m just going to that interview.“ As she took her bag, it got somehow tangled with the chair and pulled her to the ground. With her tray on top of her.

„Yoojin!“

-----

„Don’t overreact. It’s just a shirt. I’m okay. Classic Kwon Yoojin. Trying to kill myself whenever I have a chance.“ Yoojin said, when they all sat in the park.

„Are you really fine?“

„Yes, I am. Stop with that drama.“

„I’m sorry but... I have a class right now. I have to go.“ Jiwoo said with a sad look on her face.

„It’s fine. I will just go to buy a new shirt for that interview. They didn’t set a specific time, so I don’t have to panic.“

„Okay... Good luck!“ she said with her fingers crossed. „Wonpil.“

„Hmm?“ He was staring into the unknown, not catching, what is happening.

„You’re going with me. We have a class!“ Jiwoo said.

„Ah... Right. Good luck, Yoojin.“

Now, it was only her and Younghyun.

„I will go with you. I’m still not officialy a student here, so...“ He said.

-----

Yoojin picked a white simple shirt. „This one looks fine. I will just try it on.“ She looked around herself. „Where are the cabins? Oh... Here.“ She went in, while Younghyun was waiting outside.

„I’m sorry you had to go with me.“ She said from behind the curtain.

„Don’t be. I wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter